Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In Search of a Druid: OOC  (Read 31142 times)
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
Story Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 01:09:01 AM »

Ok, finished just in time before I have to leave LOL

I let everyone enter the camp in the order in which I thought they would arrive, based on time of leaving the city and such. I hope you don't mind that, even if you had posted before another person.

Blyxx, I assumed that your character would be somewhat more careful than the others before entering the camp. Irid is growling at your warg :) If I did wrong with such an assumption, just let me know and I will edit my post so that you enter the camp like the others.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 01:09:17 AM by Irid alMenie » Logged

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Blyxx
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 03:37:43 AM »

The way I was looking at it was, the majority of the players are female which would actually give Blyxx a level of comfort. Though she had kept herself distant from Merysa on the road to meet Irid, that was more in regards to Blyxx's confusion at a woman dressed as the knight is. The huntress considers herself armed like a man, in regards to her cultural upbringing, so the knight is a major shock.

As you have it written it is probably pretty accurate on how Blyxx would be approaching the party. Most likely riding in slow trying to not show an aggressive stance, appearances are bad enough. Plus at the moment finding some sort of work is a matter of survival for her and would press her to be a little less leery. :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 03:45:01 AM by Blyxx Preypacer » Logged
Simonne Miller
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 04:01:11 AM »

Well yeah, I had meant it as though you were already quite close to the party, like just barely covered by the underbrush... just a little cautious :)
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 01:04:16 AM »

Maue: Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to tell that Menweh is a mage just from looking at her.  It's like me going up to someone in the street and being able to tell they were a primary school teacher just like that.  You might suspect something because, say, they're carrying the combined works of Roald Dahl, but it's impossible to just know.  I'm sure you'll find out pretty soon anyway ;).

Maue
The Green Rider
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenhrim

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 01:56:11 AM »

Sorry I wasn't trying to say that Maue knew for sure just that she was suspicious. I will alter my post to make it work better.

O.K. that Maue now isn't sure what Menweh is.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:58:39 AM by Maue » Logged

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.

E.A. Poe
Menweh Reolláolásh’miés
Wind Caller
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 03:28:13 AM »

Well if Maue knows for sure now! Spells a' flyin' every where!

Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 04:29:56 AM »

Nice entry posts!

Menweh Reolláolásh’miés
Wind Caller
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 05:01:52 AM »

Oh this is gonna get exciting! ^^

Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
Story Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 03:28:54 PM »

Thanks for your posts everyone!

However, I would like to address one issue that I feel is pretty important in a story, namely continuity. I would very much like to ask you to *read* the previous posts, plus anything that might be relevant for your own post (this possibly includes OOC posts and CDs - Mery, Irid's hair is black, not brown ;)), and read it thoroughly. I'm not pointing fingers at one person here, since I've noticed it a few times already. To give an example: For the entrance post nobody had actually come into the camp itself except for Maue and Lyon. Most of you left it to me to decide the order, based on your entrance posts and how fast I judged you'd be able to reach the camp. I said this in OOC. In the next posts, though, the order seemed to switch a few times (mainly the order in which Lyon and Menweh entered).
Another example happened just now - Blyxx was in the bushes near the camp, but when Menweh used her magic, she fled away far enough for her to spur on her Warg to ride fast, and to reach a clearing and turn around with an arrow on her bow, before the camp reached her. Irid ran after her until she reached the same clearing. Neither of them are therefore in the camp anymore. The way I read the two following posts, however, would suggest that Irid is standing merely next to the fire inside the camp. Do you see what I'm trying to say? If you don't remember something precisely, you can always open Santharia in a second window and look it up that way. I sometimes have up to five or six windows open, just for looking things up.

Now, I am only human myself, and I know I do this as well sometimes, and misinterpretations are easy enough, so please tell me if you see me changing the continuity. But please, read posts carefully to know where everyone you mention is standing and in what order things happen. I apologise for the rant, but this is one of my pet peeves... ;)

Thank you for your attention.

Merysa, in my post I kinda puppeted you into following Irid to the clearing where Blyxx is standing, I hope you don't mind that? If you do, just tell me and I'll edit my post :)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Lyon Ridgebane
Aspiring Writer
Approved Character

Human, Kanapan - Sildereo

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 03:54:31 PM »

Edited! Sorry about that, I did not take the distance Irid and Blyxx were away from the camp into account  Undecided

I am not alone, I am not afraid, I am not unhappy. Lyon.
Merýsa Stormblade
Sacred Sword
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 10:44:53 PM »

I have no issue with the small puppeting, Irid. My post details that Merysa steps up next to Irid and Lyon. I was more careful to keep continuity as well. Sometimes I skim posts and miss important details... Roll Eyes

"When my god speaks, you will listen."
The Illiana Twins
Traveling Kitchen
Approved Character

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 11:25:17 PM »

I posted! heart

Hello to all! Hope I got everyone's placing correct. If I didn't feel free to correct me. :D

Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 11:34:12 PM »

I don't think Blyxx is actually in the clearing - that was where the fire was and rather small.  Instead she has fled back out of the trees again, into a large open space and is infact standing "30 peds from the treeline".  I think you might see her before you spot the others, who are just emerging from the trees.  Or, at least, thats the way I took it :P.

Lyon Ridgebane
Aspiring Writer
Approved Character

Human, Kanapan - Sildereo

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »

I took it that way as well, Rookie!

Also, I know I mentioned Menweh's speaking first, although that's not the order, I hope it's clear that was just foremost in his mind, before the other comments. Ahh, that's confusing.. I just hope the post is alright ;)

Good posts everyone.

I am not alone, I am not afraid, I am not unhappy. Lyon.
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 02:42:10 PM »

I think it all worked out in the end anyway ;).

Woooo, we're all here!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]