Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Joining Applications  (Read 6690 times)
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
Story Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 02:00:00 AM »

Alright! Xanth and Xander, you're both accepted into the story (obviously, since accepting just one of you wouldn't work ;) ) So go ahead and post your contact information and stuffs and then you can join the confusion! ;)

Mannix, I'm sorry but with accepting the twins, the two last places have been filled. I'm sure you'll find another story to join though, there are quite a number of them at the moment :)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Mannix
Ranger of Shadow
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 05:17:17 PM »

That's okay.  I guess I just wasn't typing fast enough.  Thanks anyway.

Mannix

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Mannix Vaelos ~ Character Creation Help ~ FAQs ~ Restrictions
Rukaqua
Brashy Bladeswoman
Approved Character

Human, Serpherlorian

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 03:04:14 AM »

(OOC - Sorry, may seem a bit weird posting an application after all the spots are filled, but this is Rookie really.  We’ve agreed that I can bring a character in already, I just need to prove Ruka will work and give Irid a reason to hire her ;).)

Rukaqua walked solidly behind her charge, keeping close even thought the south gate of their destination was now in site.  The sun was setting to their left, and the two of them hurried onwards to make sure they made the city before the gate closed for the night.  The man’s horse broke into a trot and Ruka into a jog, the road turning darker as a stand of pine trees blocked the fading light.  Suddenly a rustle and crush of branches announced the arrival of some less-than-welcome visitors.  Three bandits pelted towards them, screaming in an effort to scare the nobleman’s horse and deny them their best get away.  There was no point in these petty thieves trying to catch the animal – any attempt they made to sell such an expensive beast would cause instant suspicion.

The bodyguard’s weapons were almost instantly in her hands, their dark, scarred blades creating two lethal silhouettes.  The man behind her regained control of his startled but still well-trained horse, swung the beast around to face the threat and drew his own weapon.  Ruka places herself to his left, giving him enough space to manoeuvre but close enough to be able to help one another.  Unfortunatly both horse and master were still rather young, and although they had the training, they both lacked real experience in a fight.  If the bandits could scare the horse enough to get it to through the young man then the scene would probably end with him being forced to give over his coin purse – and naturally Ruka’s fee as well. 

The attackers seemed to have realised the same thing as her unfortunately, and as one went for each of the party, one went straight for the horse’s head in a large, wide lunge, not designed to scare more than to hit.  The young rider was struggling to keep control of the animal, but at least his own weapon skill was easily able to fend off his own attacker’s short dagger.   As her own attacker lunged rather inexpertly with his dagger, Ruka brought her left hand up to catch it, hit the short weapon with her own and then rapidly twisted her hand to effectively lock his between her blade and its wide, slightly curved pommel.  A quick lunge towards him and he was pushed to the floor.  Instead of finishing the unpractised assailant off, the large woman aimed one kick to the most painful place possible and turned to the man swinging at the horse’s head.  Before he could turn his attention to her she lunged at his broad back, and this time her weapon bit into flesh.   The last one, now suffering from a shallow cut to the shoulder from the young noble’s sword, took one look at his two friends on the floor and legged it away back in the direction they had come.  Ruka slid her two blades back into their accustomed sheaths on her belt.

Taking the nobleman’s hand and pushing herself up as well, Ruka scrambled onto the stallion’s back behind him, and they cantered swiftly for the city gates, worried that they would have missed them closing and be stuck out here for the rest of the night.  The woman clung on with her thighs and a practiced balance, the smooth gait not presenting too many problems for her.  She felt no shame in placing her two strong hands around his waist for support, even though one of her fingers seemed to be bleeding from the first man’s dagger.  She hoped the wound was no more than the scratch it felt like.

Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
Story Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 04:42:03 AM »

Well then, to make it all official-like: Welcome to the story! Post your contact info in the appropriate thread and then go ahead and make an entrance post! :P

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 07:02:31 AM »

I'm really sorry Lorek, but I think I speak for both of us when I say no.  There have been too many issues, problems and arguments between you and us - roleplaying in our story just seems like throwing fuel on a fire which is slowly dieing down.

Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 07:37:42 AM »

I am basing it on you being able to cooperate with us, plus our own enjoyment of the story which would be greatly reduced by your entering it.  Why should we have to grit our teeth and make nice in our own story?  Thanks :).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:38:30 AM by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 09:34:14 AM »

Ok got a quick question. Is there a spot open? It says you need one more players but Irid mentioned that you were full earlier in this thread. So I was wondering if you are full or not. And if not, may I go ahead and post the appropriate entry form?

Thanks

~Isoto~

EDIT: Ok I just checked the dates of the posts, that was about a year ago, -.- I never pay attentions to the dates  :P So if you all do not mind I will post my application, and if you are full you can just ignore it  grin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:42:44 AM by Isoto » Logged

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~

Need help with your character?
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 11:09:31 AM »

Isoto pulled his arms over his head as he stretched, and letting out a big yawn he patted he stretched his hands upward. Isoto was constantly wandering, on the look for jobs mostly, and today his journey had brought him to New Santhala.

Chingu, Isoto's pet wolf, was heeled at his feet ears perked for danger. Isoto laughed and ruffles the fur on his head. "You sill goof, nothings going to attack us in the city." Isoto smiled but he was worried, he gently scratched Chingu's head as his mind drifted, Its bee nso long since I have had work, I really need some money. Maybe I can find a job in the city. Isoto stood for a few seconds and peered into New Santhala. After a few moments had passed Isoto looked down at Chingu and said "Ok boy, lets go find some work."

After some poking around Isoto learned of a an elven maiden who was looking to hire some talented people to accompany her on her trip. The details were sketchy but Isoto didn't care, a job meant money and money meant food. Isoto finally was able to locate the lf in question, she called herself Irid alMenie.

Isoto bowed as he introduced himself, "Hello miss, I am Isoto of the Coor'hem. And from my understanding, you are in need of some help." Isoto raised himself and smiled. " I believe I may be of some service, you see I am a well traveled Mercenary. I was one the Runn of my tribe and boast at being one of the best swordsmen the Coor'hem can offer. Through my journeys I have learned many languages including Kh'omchr'om and Thergerim. Having lost everything I ever held dear I have become unafraid of death. I am willing to go into any perilous situation with no qualms. I also have with me a warrior wolf, he is quite capable in a fight and he obeys my every command, I am loyal and tend to prefer to take care of my self, I will not slow your company and I will not burden your quest. I am willing to die for my contractor and I will obey every order given. I have been in more battles than any human can dare to dream of. So if you desire I will submit to your will, and I will become nothing more than a tool at your disposal. My skills are yours if you so desire them."

Isoto stood at attention and awaited the Irid's response. As he stood, his sword itched, it had been awhile since it had been put to use and the thought of battle had awaken it.

~Isoto~

Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 03:48:08 PM »

Sorry Isoto, we are, in fact, full. Garret filled that spot up. But if we do get a new open spot I'll be sure to remember your interest! :)

Youth is a gift of nature, but old age is a work of art
Simonne Miller
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 11:58:22 PM »

Allrighty ^.^ I thought I would atleast try. Well Im off, I hope you guys have a right royal time  :)

~Isoto~

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]