* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 3: Reuniting in Hog....  (Read 13193 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2003, 11:37:22 AM »

Finding Alia in her room he speaks softly...

SINEN "Good morning...How are feeling? I think Gashnum is recovering quite well. I'm not completely sure of the next move, but I'd say its going to be northward as best I can figure...Now begins a search with few clues."

ALIA "Well, you know this could end very badly just as well as end well. I only feel it is neccessary to discover if this gem does in fact exist. I'll be down in a few minutes...We can talk more later..."

Sinen leaves and heads back downstairs stopping by Gashnum's room long enough to knock hard on the door and yell in that when everyone gets downstairs he would announce the next course of action...

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3372


Elf, Ylfferhim


« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2003, 12:06:22 AM »

Gararion had travelled in silence.  His thoughts blurred with what has happened to him in his past and what was still to come.  When they reached Hog, Gararion quietly departed and walked within the city alone, coming to a small house near the outskirts of the town.  A friend, one who he had met long ago lived here now, but it seemed that he no longer lived within the house, nor did anyone it seemed.  With that Gararion went to open to the door but found it locked, speaking a few words elven words allowed him passage through the door.

Once inside he made his way to a table where a latern rested, covered in a heavy layer of dust and held to the table by frail cobwebs.  Starting the latern he watched as the webs within the latern burned quickly and a spider made its way out from within the latern and down onto the table, dissappearing from sight under the table.

The latern casted an erie light upon the small house, showing its decay and death.  These signs he had seen far to many times within his live, once with his own Sarah.  Gararion picked up the latern, the cobwebs that held it in place slowly tearing and floating to the table to rest, leaving a star pattern over a circle of table that remain fairly clean and dust free.  He made his way around the place and found a room, the room he rested in many years ago.  Here he rested for the night, alone with his thoughts.




Morning came, it beams of light breaking through the closed window.  Each beam visable as the dust traveled through it, almost giving the house a new look a magical look as if dust was magical dust which sparkled as it floated about.

Gararion left the latern in its new place on the floor beside the bed he rested in, and made his departure.  He had thought of many things throughout the night, not getting much sleep, due to his thoughts and the fact that a aged bed was not as comfortable as he had thought it to be at first.  Once again he repeated the elven words he had used earlier and made his way through the the locked doors, leaing the house locked to all new comers.  With a few last fairwells to the house Gararion made his way to the place he had watched the others go to last, hopefully he hadn't missed them.

Upon reaching the small building Gararion entered and moved to an empty table and rested in silence.

Logged

Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 152


« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2003, 12:46:22 PM »

"Be welcome m'lady" Gashnum waved his arm in a gesture of welcome encompasing his room. He took a step back to allow Viresse room to enter.

"If you'll excuse me though, I feel like I haven't eaten in months." Gashnum made his way past the elf maiden and down the hallway. His gait was unsteady and slow, but eventually he reached the head of the stairs. And he began his slow descent. Gashnum's old leather boots thumped wholesomly on the worn wooden stairs. He entered the bustling common room of the inn. He spotted Muargath at a table near the fireplace. And he walked over, a smile on his face, and only a minor limp visible in his walk.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Logged
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2003, 01:54:22 PM »

Muargath looked up from scratching Duster's ears, when the dog suddenly barked happily and ran over to his human companion, Gashnum.  Duster war waggin his tail so excitedly, Muargath was afraid he'd break something!  She smiled, "Well there you are!  I was hoping you'd hurry down.  I've ordered a big breakfast and I didn't feel like eating it alone."  Her casual glance took in Gararion (who'd just entered the inn a few minutes before) and Elende who were each sitting alone at different tables not far away.  Sinen had disappeared upstairs, as had Viresse.  "I've already checked on your horse early this morning, he is in the stables and doing well."
   
    Just then the innkeeper returned with a big platter of hot buns, steaming sausages and boiled eggs, a pile of fried potatos and a large stack of toast.  A jar of redberry-jam with a spoon sticking out of it, a small stack of carved, wooden plates, a like number of three-prong forks and a salt-tin.    He cheerily said, "Here you are.  Would you like some more tea?  And something for you sir?"  He left the plates in a stack.  "I've a few strips of lamb in the kitchen, left over from last night , for the dog."

    The innkeeper then wandered off, returning a few minutes later with Gashnum's drink and the meat strips piled on an old tin plate, the latter of which he placed on the floor between Muargath and Gashnum after handing the recovering peddler his order.  "Its on your tab, M'lady."  Then he left them alone.

    Muargath, talking around a piece of fresh toast, said, "I wonder what Sinen found out about the gem?  It must be something, or he wouldn't have brought this woman, Alia, along with him... you know, the healer?  Hmmm.  Maybe you might not remember her so well.  You were pretty out of it last night."  She smiled a small, knowing smile then, and winked at Gashnum before taking another sip of hot tea.  She brushed the crumbs off her fingers and reached for an egg.
     

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 152


« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2003, 02:28:22 PM »

Gashnum picked up his drink, fresh coffee, black. He took a sip.
"Ahhhh." and then another sip, it was quite good, and very hot. Just they way he liked it. Steam from his mug billowed between him and Muargath. At his feet Duster annialated the plate of scrapes, licking frantically the dog pushed the plate into the middle of the rooms floor. Wagging his tail all the way.

Gashnum smiled at his hound. He turned to Muargath, about to thank her, and he caught the last part of her sentance.

"...you know, the healer? Hmmm. Maybe you might not remember her so well. You were pretty out of it last night." There was a knowing look on her face, Gashnum blushed slightly, embarrassed about last night predicament.

"I want to.. uhh.. thank you for last night." He set down his steaming mug and leaned in a little closer to Muargath.

"its good to know that I have a stalwort friend to count on, when I can't trust my body." He smiled as best he could, despite the fact that he was loosing trust in his health.

"if there is anything I can do to repay you for that.. Than I am at your service." he winked then, letting her know that he wasn't being deathly serious.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Logged
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2003, 02:41:22 PM »

Muargath laughed then, a light chuckle filled with great amuesment, "Oh, I'll let you know when you can pay me back, my friend!"  She smiled and shook her head, white hair flowing loosly about her shoulders.  She looked again at the large amount of food on the platter and the extra plates available.

Turning slightly she called out to Gararion and Elende,  "Come, now, why don't you two join us?  We have food aplenty here and Sinen should be returning at any time to speak with us, so we might as well be sitting together!"  Muargath was in a rare mood, clearly delighted, even after her long night of uncomfortable sleep in a hard, wooden chair.  Perhaps it was the good food, or perhaps it was the company, but she was feeling ready to travel on... maybe even the entire length of the day!  

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2003, 05:02:22 AM »

Returning to the common room Sinen makes for the gathering group at the table...Alia follows shortly behind him...

SINEN "Good morning my companions...I have after considerable thought decided upon the next course of action...we are to head North to Elsreth. From there we will take a boat out to Alvang on an island in the Ancythrian sea...something tells me the first key to the puzzle we must solve lies there...after Alvang we take a boat to the northern shore of the sea and head northeast past Doovens to the small coastal city of Veltin...From there I don't know what next as of now. Are there any questions as to my plan

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Edited by: Sinen Darkchild at: 5/28/03 11:14:18 pm
Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2003, 04:32:22 PM »

Muargath looked to her left and then to her right, around at all the people gathered, with a puzzled expression evident on her fair face.  After a moment, she tentatively raised her hand in the air, catching Sinen's attention, "Didn't we just leave Elsreth?  I mean, we were there only a few days ago, do we really need to retrace our steps?"  She bit her lower lip in consternation, slowly lowering her hand again.  

"Or maybe we can go to... Cavthan... instead?"  She suggested this alternate route, although there was little hope in her tone.  Damn, damn!  Just my awful luck!  I can't go back to Elsreth... Co'or's Crossed Eyes!  She looked at Sinen, with a darker,  more intense gaze, "Cavthan wouldn't be much out of the way, maybe only one or two days, and you might find ne information there too.   Regarding the Fire Gem, that is. You know there was nothing in Elsreth..."  

Would he take the hint that she really wanted to avoid the town they just left?  She would soon find out.

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2003, 08:21:22 AM »

SINEN "Muargath, you are quite mistake which I will contribute to the Gashnum's recent illness, but anyways, we just came from Leseris, a town not on any standard map due to its size...Elsreth holds a possible clue to the puzzle, but most importantly it holds free passage to the next destination from there...now as I speak of this puzzle let me fill you all in on what I learned. While the location of the Fire Gem is still unknown to me, I have learned that the gem is sealed under 8 seals which can only be released by the eight spirit dragons...these dragons are the very essence of of the gem's creators and thus also I believe the key to finding the gem itself, but even upon finding it without them the seals cannot be opened. To Elsreth we head and while you seem troubled about that Muargath let me assure you, I don't know why or if your just mistaken on locations, but nothing will happen there that is beyond my ability to handle....in one fashion or another..."

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2003, 08:27:22 PM »

Nodding her understanding, Muargath quietly sips her tea which has now grown cold.  Such a fool I am, I was the one in Elsreth, not them.  I could always try a disguise...  yeah, that might work.  Or I can just keep a real low profile, maybe hide out in one of the smaller inns...  She looked around to see if anyone else had anything to say on the matter.

    Just how far am I willing to go to see this thing through?  

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
Elende
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 57


« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2003, 08:34:22 PM »

Elende gladly accepted Muargath's invitation. He greeted her and Gashnum by just nobbing his head. He sat silenlty, occasionally eating something from the food that Muargth had offered, listening to Sinen's plans.


 At length Elende broke his silence...

" Sinen, although I have noobjections to the proposed course of action, I need to remind of one find....something that might put you all in danger. If we indeed head north to Elsreth we will pass near the Paelelon forest....I suppose crossing it is out of the question. The Drow are indeed slow to forget and the sight of will surely attract their attention...and not in a good way.  Unless you intend to take the long way, by either heading towards the Kairian teeth or the Seanin Swamps and then to Elsreth, I strongly suggest to pass this acursed forest during the day when the drow are less vigilant."

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2003, 03:45:22 AM »

SINEN "Elende, I had planned on heading aroune the western side of the forest as to avoid it at all cost...I have no great love for the drow and they even less of a love for me so I'd as soon not deal with them now...your concern is welcome though..."

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Elende
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 57


« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2003, 05:56:22 AM »

Elende was releaved to know that his companions were not reckless enough to attempt to cross the Paelelon forest. Despite the fact that the shortest route from Hog to Elrseth passed through the forest.

 However, the prospect of passing even close to this forest was not a happy one. So many things have happened and the memories were still fresh. He only wished that his presence wouldn't endanger his companion. If only the drow know of my approaching the forest....
 Just the though of that sent Elende  shivers  down his spine. Images from the past were racing through his mind. Emotions of fear and of anger were taking hold of him.
  He remain still and looking down at his hands. A small drop of sweat made its way from his forehead. He felt the sound it made as it fell on the table like the ringing sound of the hammer on the anvil.
 
  He felt like screaming, like running away from all this pain...but where to?
Deep inside he knew that he can't run away from his dark past forever. Sooner or later he would have to face it...It better be sooner than later .

 He suddenly realised that he was not alone and wished that Sinen and the rest hadn't noticed his reactions to all these.



Edited by: Elende at: 5/29/03 10:40:54 pm
Logged
Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 417


« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2003, 06:44:22 AM »

*Dray had sat just a bit aways from the others by himself against the wall. He noticed all that happened especially the new addition to the groups party the dark skinned elf. Dray knew of the drow, although he had never encountered one in his life, all he knew, was that the dark skinned elves were nothing like their brethern, in fact they were the opposite. This one was far from the dimly lit areas they enjoyed, and seemed to fear heading near them at all. Dray was intriqued and wonders what might have happened.*

"Sinen, that sounds like a good plan, at least we now have a place to start. As for the forest and the drow, let them be of no worry to any of you. Let myself and Gararion deal with any interuptions from the drow, although I doubt any will arise at all."

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2003, 08:36:22 AM »

SINEN "Dray, my friend...we may very well have a run in with the drow whether we want it or not...while I know Elende fears it I know that I will handle them myself...this is a personal matter that I am trying to avoid for the time being...though I appreciate the help from an old friend...We'll leave when everyone is ready...meet up here when you all are ready if you are not already and we will leave..."

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 23
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx