Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tinholt's Gate  (Read 10931 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« on: May 07, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »

As you approach the famed city of Bardavos a tall, forbidding gate towers in front of you, obstructing your passage into the city. On each side of the gate stands two guards, their alert gaze following you as come closer towards them.

Lifting your head for a brief glance at the top of the wall,  you notice several other men moving atop of the wall. The clinking sound of heavy armour reveals that they are also guards on duty and patrol.

You move toward the open gate, wanting to pass through, but the two guards lower their lances, blocking the path in front of you.

One of them, an older, man decked in tarnishing armor stands silently to the left, while the younger, handsome one gives you a long look before addressing you in a firm tone:

"State your name and buisness in Bardavos. You shall not pass until you do so."

Dorian             Ramor
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:20:14 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »

It was days like these in which Kareesh hated her choice in clothing. The long pants and sleeves of her outfit were making her sweat, which put her in a bad temper. She would be glad to get to a tavern and get something cold to drink. Too bad that Bardavos was nigh impossible to sneak into. That way she wouldn't have to deal with having the guards getting a good look at her. From previous visits here, she was just praying that none would recognize her and take her directly towards the prison.

She shook her head, causing a piece of hair to fall upon her forehead. Because of the sweat that gathered there, it stuck. Cursing her luck, Kareesh took and hand and flicked the hair back out of her face. This state of mind was not going to be good for her getting into the city, she knew that for sure. By the gods, if they tried to hit on her or whatever lonely guards do on duty, she would be sure to slip her dagger into their ribs before they took her down.

Looking up she noticed she was now coming up towards the gate. Tinholt's Gate if she remembered correctly. She noticed the men upon the walls. In her mind, she was calculating how she could get out of there quickly, and not dead, if things took a wrong turn. Her odds weren't looking too good. She would have to go peacefully and then find a way to get out if she were taken to prison.

Lances were displayed in an "x" patter as the guards stopped her from walking into the city. Kareesh cursed in her mind when she saw one was older. Certainly he had been on the force long enough to know of her. Hopefully he did not know her personally.

"State your name and business in Bardavos. You shall not pass until you do so."

Of course they would ask for her name. They wouldn't be good soldiers if they didn't. Kareesh was never good at making up names. The truth would have to suffice for now.

"My name is Kareesh Valendar. My business in Bardavos is simply to come and enjoy the city," Kareesh said aloud. Inwardly she added "And to perhaps make a profit."

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:29:06 AM »

Dorian              Ramor

After standing out front of the gate, his rusted armor making the day much less pleasant than it actually was, Dorian was incredibly proud to be guarding even one of the gates. He was a mere twenty one years of age, and it was an honor for him to be selected. In addition, he was handsome and he knew it. Running a powerful hand through short, blond locks, he noticed a woman approaching the gate, and she told him her name and business in Bardavos. Flexing a hulking arm muscle with blatant disinterest for what the elf had to say, he almost released her into the city immediately.

After the guard next to him, whose age was considerably greater than his own, gave him a look, he decided to ask a few more questions.
Opening his perfect lips to drill the woman with inquiries, the voice that rumbled out was not his, but the older man’s next to him, who decided to step in with his greater experience, ”Is it your first time in the city? Not many… elves arrive here, though I do remember at least one in the past. She was a trouble maker for sure.” The near elder, whose name was Ramor, did not appreciate being grouped with the initiate, but not a single idea of that notion pierced the arrogant Dorian’s thick skull.

Dorian actually thought the lady was quite pretty, with her exotic green eyes, and raven tresses streaked with what could only be an elf’s blonde, but he had always been known to be a sucker for a pretty lady. Therefore, when he drew back his lance just a bit from the crossed formation, Ramor was quick to scold him with a disdainful glance. So, the two guards looked back at the spiteful elf, each waiting for her answer.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:21:18 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:11:30 AM »

Kareesh hated men like the one who stood before her. He was flexing his arms. Yet, at the same time she loved him, for he was ready to let her into the city without anymore questions. Until his senior officer glared at him and asked her if this was her first time in the city. Cursing inwardly, she was sure he remembered her. In fact, he even brought her up in the conversation.

Now was her time to answer. Her mind raced, thinking about how to answer. If she lied, the older man would catch her in the lie and drag her immediately to the prison. If she told the truth, then even if he didn't know it was her, than he would then. She clenched her fists tightly, her fingernails digging into the palm of her hand. Silently she thanked the gods that it was hot, for the guards would not noticed the beads of sweat upon her forehead.

"I...I have been to this fair city once before," Kareesh answered. "Yet my time here was short and I did not get to do all the things I wish I had done." At least most of that was true.

Now was the time to await and see what sort of fun the gods would have with her this day.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:43:32 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:50:05 AM »

Dorian    Ramor

Once again flexing his muscles, having no doubt at all that the Kareesh was impressed, Dorian flashed a perfect grin at her before his senior gave him another grim look. The lady seemed mildly distressed, but her clothes were heavy and she shared the same fate in the heat as the two guards did. She spoke up, her voice reminiscent of the gentle words of her people, but a bit rougher around the edges. Ramor raised a skeptical eyebrow at her, but Dorian just smiled lustfully while the other guard wasn’t looking. Truthfully, he wasn’t that interested in the particular woman, nor actually getting together with a woman. He just liked to impress them.

Dorian, being the brash of the two, moved his lance out of the cross, and this time Ramor went along with him. But before nodding at her to pass through, he gave her a warning, ”I shall trust you on this one for now, but you better not cause any trouble. If you are caught misbehaving, I will see you at the city jail, and me nor the officers there shall be merciful. I can guarantee it.”

Giving her a solemn stare, he beckoned for the wooden gate to be raised, and nodded for her to pass through. Dorian ran a hand through his golden locks, giving the ‘perfect angle’ for the elf to admire his arms on her way past. Then he said, ”If you’re looking for a nice tavern, I’d recommend the Pig N’ Whistle Tavern, it’s a real good time. You might even see me there later tonight, which would make you pretty happy.” Giving her a quick wink with a cinnabrown eye, his lips parted to continue, but Ramor punched him on his burly left arm.

Feel free to post in either the northeastern district, Kar. The thieves will be meeting at the the Drunken Sailor, if you want to get headed in that direction.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:22:18 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Karayna Dreamstone
Creative Cripple
Approved Character

Human, Kassite

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 01:24:18 AM »

In the distance, two horses appeared, dragging a wooden cart behind them. As it drew closer to the gate, the sound of laughing and hearty singing grew louder; a group of people became visible. They were Black Butterfly Rovers, visiting the city of Bardavos on request of a very persistent individual called Karayna Dreamstone.

Karay admired the gate in front of her, and her heart started beating faster in anticipation. This was the city she'd been wanting to visit for a long time; the city of Bardavos. She couldn't wait to see all the sights of the beautiful city full of creative minds. It felt like her soul was being pulled by some force out of her body and towards the city, so great was her longing to visit it! Karay had been determinedly pestering her friends to take her to see the city which seemed like paradise to her. Finally they had yielded; it sure had taken long enough!

Absentmindedly tucking a few stray hairs behind her ear, she imagined everything she would be able to see; she was especially aching to make quite a few drawings and paintings of Bardavos in order to preserve her memory of her visit. She was so occupied thinking about what it would be like that she didn't notice they had arrived at the gate and the horses had stopped moving. A light tap on her nose by one of her companions got her attention. "Really, Karay, to think that you'd be daydreaming even when you've arrived at the city you've been nagging us to take you to!" he laughed affectionately.

"Shut up!" Karay replied sheepishly, giving him a hard poke with her staff. Mustering up as much dignity as she could amidst the friendly teasing of her friends, she turned to the two guards barring their way to the city. "Hey, erm, we'd like to enter the city of Bardavos because... well, I want to see everything in it! My name is Karayna Dreamstone, by the way!" she smiled happily. One by one, her friends gave their names as well. Then a thought occured to her. "Erm, is that a good enough reason to pass?" she asked, suddenly anxious.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 01:26:10 AM by Karayna Dreamstone » Logged

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:51:45 PM »

As the two guards awaited their next guests, a large conglomeration began to form upon the horizon, the likes of which they generally preferred to avoid. Expansive groups were hard to deal with, but both supposed he could manage it. Two horses pulled a wooden cart and the people ambled forwards, taking their time while chatting casually and giggling. At arriving upon the gate the guards uttered the same question, to which a tall, raven haired woman replied with the name Karayna. Every individual in the group introduced themselves, and the reason to enter Bardavos, but the most common answer was, "because Karay wanted to see things."

She asked if that was a good enough reason to enter, but due to the size of the group Ramor suspected that a bit more questions would be necessary, while Dorian thought the pretty lady could take whatever friends she wanted into the city. As he pulled away his lance, the elder, glared at him, and continued his inquisition, while running a hand through his wispy, gray hair to eliminate some of the beads of sweat that rolled through it.

”Excuse me,” he began to get the group's attention, "I would like to ask you a few more questions, as you all know that your party is of fairly large size, may I ask a number on the amount of attendants for our records? Also, does your group have a name of any sorts, just for reference? Your clothing makes you appear of the artsy variety, and any who can put on a performance would be assuredly welcomed in Bardavos." He looked about at the group, finding to his annoyance that Dorian had already begun to pull his lance away. He really needed a new co-guard.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:22:47 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Karayna Dreamstone
Creative Cripple
Approved Character

Human, Kassite

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 12:45:23 AM »

Karay glanced at the elder of the two guards without much interest as he took the lead by droning on about... something. Within a few seconds, she formed her impression of him; boring and no fun. He was probably the stick-to-the-rules type of guy. "So basically, you want to know how many of us there are, and if our group has a name." she clarified, more for her benefit than anyone else's.

Using her staff to support herself, Karay heaved herself up into a standing position, and hopped around on her one good leg to face the other Rovers. She quickly counted the number of traveling companions she had, mouthing the numbers as she did so. Having finished counting, she sat back down on the cart. "We have six people, including myself." she announced.

Then she remembered the other question that needed to be answered. She considered just saying honestly that they were a group of Black Butterfly Rovers, but then decided against it. The older guard seemed like the kind of person to reject their request to enter Bardavos based solely on the Black Butterflies' reputation. Everyone's Black Butterfly tattoos were hidden underneath their clothing anyway.

So Karay simply blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "We're a newly formed group of performers and artists called... erm... well, we haven't quite decided on a name yet, so we're going with... Rotten Eggs. Unofficially, that is." she added as she received a few cuffs to her ear, along with disbelieving complaints from the other Rovers. "What kind of a name is Rotten Eggs, huh? You're the Arts Mistress, think of something more creative!"

"Come on, go along with it for now; it was a spur-of-the-moment thing, we can change it later." Karay assured them. She turned her attention back to the guard doing the interrogating, completely ignoring the other guard, as he didn't seem to be much opposed to letting them through. "So can we go through already?" she asked, her voice tinged with impatience.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:48:38 AM by Karayna Dreamstone » Logged

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 09:12:03 PM »

Dorian             Ramor

Listening carefully to the maiden’s first answer, Ramor decided that it would be okay to let them in. Then he heard what they considered to be their group name and started to have second thoughts. He swept a hand through his wavy grey hair, as he considered the notion, ”The Rotten Eggs, eh… ?”

From what he had seen, the woman did not seem like much trouble at all. She limped about on a single leg, though whether that was merely a thief’s guise he did not consider. In addition she seemed… quirky enough to think up a name like the Rotten Eggs, when he thought most thieves were cunning and sly. The rest of the group didn’t exactly act like they liked the name, which was believable.

In the mean time, Dorian leaned idly against the wall, flexing a hulking arm. The woman sincerely acted as if she strongly desired to see the sights of the city, and that was just a feeling Ramor could not argue. Why, after all, had he joined the force here many years ago, other than to see the city of artists? His aspirations had not been fulfilled, but who was he to stop this girl. Feeling a soft spot in his heart he said, ”Ah, sure go in. Just don’t cause any trouble!” He moved aside his lance, and gestured for the guards above to open the gate. As it ascended he gave the eager woman a wink.

You may post in either the northeastern District, Karay, depending on what it is you want to see. Feel free to ask what there is to do in the OOC thread! ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:23:07 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 06:14:07 PM »

Near Tinholt´s Gate a carriage stopped , on his right side on bright red letters said "The amazing Edwin twin sisters , professional dancers ".
As the doors opened to let out the sisters, a farmer could not stop to open his jaw on a most comical way , two exactly sisters red haired with a voluptuous body that the dress they wore left little to imagination.

But the thing that made the poor man to widen his eyes in disbelief was the man that came between the sisters holding each by the waist , spiting to the ground the farmer continued his way muttering how lucky some people were , but if he knew that the man he saw was Tiras The White Rose , he would understand that luck had nothing to do with it ...
Tiras looked at the hazel eyes of the sisters smiling saying "Well my dears it seems that I have reached my destination , I could n´t thank enough for the ride .." , just smiling the sisters kissed each of the cheeks of Tiras , saying farewell .

Watching the carriage vanishing on the horizon Tiras took a deep breath and looked towards the city gate , Bardavos The City of Artists ,
it has passed to long since the last time I was here , maybe five years.. ah how I missed the city and there was that painter , what was her name ? Ah yes Marisa , sweet girl ...

Still lost on his lustful thoughts Tiras walked towards the gate not noticing the guards that were there and evidently they were n´t just let him in...

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Calyx Raylen
Traveling Rogue
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ahrhim and Avennorian

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 04:46:37 AM »

Calyx gazed, uniterested, at the guards blocking her path to the city. Her horse, Starlight, whinnied impatiently at her side. She pet the horse gently to calm it. A woman was in front of her, obviously in an uneasy conversation with the guards. One was blonde and very vain looking and the other was older, he looked more in charge. Calyx resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the blonde guard, he obviously had no intention of actually guarding anything, more like getting all of the attention he could from his position of "power".

"Excuse me," Cal yelled, "Can we get through please?" She'd been traveling for an extremely long time and all she wanted was a nap and some food. She didn't exactly think a whole lot of Barvados the "city of artists" but it was the closest place, and it was at least a pleasant city.

Cal started to tap her foot with impatience, she just wanted to get inside. Just then a carriage pulled up and a man stepped out, two identical girls at his sides. Cal supressed a groan of disgust as they kissed him farewell. He was good looking, yes, but Cal had no interest in concieted men. it was then that she recognized him, The White Rose. Of course, she scoffed silently. Who hadn't heard of him? The self centered whore. Cal turned away and face the guards again, even more eager to get through the gate now.

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 06:07:10 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

As Dorian’s gaze hovered on the horizon line, awaiting further entrants to the city of Bardavos, he saw a man, flanked by two exceedingly attractive twins, step out of a carriage. He was hoping that the identical ladies would also be approaching the gate, but his heart sank as they gave the man a peck before turning their carriage around. The fiery haired man sauntered forward, quite blatantly relishing in his own reminiscences, most likely regarding some stunning woman.

Just then, he noticed the woman who lingered a few peds in front of the carriage, and it was obvious that she must have shouted something earlier, but he had not heard her. He distinctly remembered the wind whipping up a few moments before, and he had been intent on watching the lady’s man emerge from his carriage.

Dorian, as a force of habit, trying to impress the woman who stood before him, flexed a hulking arm muscle, as the fop wandered forwards, not noticing the two guards whose crossed lances blocked his path. The woman with the horse, however, reached the gate first, and so he spoke to her, ”Excuse me, milady, but you must state your name and business in Bardavos. We shall not let you pass until you do so. The same goes for you, s-” That was when he recognized him as the renowned White Rose, ladies’ man and celebrity of the province. ”The same goes for you. Although I already know your name, Mr. Tiras. Err, Mr. White Rose, or… whatever you go by.”

Ramor glanced over at the younger guard, who he had reluctantly taken as an apprentice. It had seemed that Dorian was finally getting the lines down, and his skill during an actual fight could not be denied, but then he had gotten all awkward just because the man was famous. If the blond man ever did become a great captain, such as himself, Ramor would be revered as a great mentor, opening a plethora of monetary sources and opportunities. If only he could whip this asinine fellow into shape, the rewards would last. He gave a warning glance at Dorian before returning his stony gaze upon the White Rose.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:23:29 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Calyx Raylen
Traveling Rogue
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ahrhim and Avennorian

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 06:21:31 AM »

Anxious to enter Cal spoke, "Excuse me, sirs, may I please get through?" Before she could finish, however, the blonde guard spoke. "Excuse me, milady, but you must state your name and business in Bardavos. We shall not let you pass until you do so. The same goes for you, s-... the same goes for you. Although I already know your name, Mr. Tiras. Err, Mr. White Rose, or… whatever you go by.” Both men turned and watched the White Rose.

Immediately frustrated by both men's reaction to the celebrity, Calyx tried to make herself the center of attention again. She did not want to stand here while the White Rose was fawned over, she just wanted to eat and sleep. "My name is Calyx, good sir, and I am here to rest for a few days before continuing my journey north." She did her best flirting impression as she adressed mainly the blonde guard, figuring it was te easiest way to get through the gates, charm them. But charming had never been her strong point, and suddenly she was afraid she was embarassing herself.

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 06:41:51 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

(@ Calyx)

Gesturing for the White Rose to wait a bit, Dorian turned his eyes upon the blonde haired woman that stood beside him. At first she looked annoyed, and was obviously trying to draw attention back to herself. As she seemed to be feeling more urgent and taking a faster initiative, especially compared to the leisurely fop, both guards figured it was best to deal with her first. Ramor seized control of the situation, not wanting to allow his apprentice another opportunity to gawk at the celebrity or the pretty lady.

She immediately answered her name and business, without hesitation, so it seemed as if she were genuine. He noticed that the lady seemed to be feigning interests in his partner, but did not allow the lusty guard a chance to respond, by cutting in with, "I suppose I may let you through, milady, if you will wait one moment while I raise the gates." He then called an undiscernible command over his shoulder, whilst gesturing to the guards atop the wall, and the wooden door made a methodic ascent.

Calyx, you may continue posting in either the Southwestern or Southeastern District threads, depending on what you wish to see in Bardavos. The map is located in the City Info thread, if you wish to know what opportunities are available, or feel free to inquire in the OOC thread.

(@ Tiras)

Ramor stepped aside for the lady, while nodding at Dorian to speak with the fop. The blonde young man immediately jumped up, stuttering only slightly at referring to a celebrity, "I apologize for the wait good sir, but now that the lady has been questioned, I await for the same information from you. Your name and business in Bardavos, please?"

With the woman through the gates, they crossed their lances in front of the path, although they didn't expect any trouble, as it would take too long to lower and reraised the entire structure. Both guards concentrated their attention upon the White Rose, and awaited his answers.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:23:53 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 04:51:12 AM »

Oblivious as Tiras was in his thoughts , he almost bumped on the guards .
It was then he noticed the hulking guards and most interesting the lovely blond girl that seemed to want to enter the city also .
Smiling Tiras tried to see more of her , but the sneer and disgust on his face made him back off Well even I cannot make everyone happy..
He sadly watched the young lady entering the city and hoped to see her again , to maybe change her mind about him.

Turning his attention to the the younger guard , who seemed somewhat distressed by Tiras presence , it seemed that the city guards had not forget his passage by the city .
Before speaking Tiras hoped that one of his romantic incursions did not involve someone dear to the guards and trying to sound more friendly as possible " Tiras is enough my good friend , "The White Rose" if you allow me is reserved for the ladies , no offense meant ...
Now my business in the city ... well I left some good friends there and I wish to see them again .
So may I enter ?

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]