Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tinholt's Gate  (Read 10930 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 05:22:07 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

Listening intently as the man spoke, arrogance dripping from each utterance, and remembering the way the ladies' man had admired the earlier entrant, Ramor could not help but feel a natural desire to condescend the lusty man. Dorian, however, was obviously shocked at meeting a celebrity, but Ramor held hard feelings with the notorious White Rose. He distinctly remembered his wife falling head over heels for the renowned man, though doing her best to obscure it from her him. He knew for sure what she had been discussing with her friends at the supposed 'Art Critique.'

Giving a disdainful look over of the man, morals nipped at the edges of his plotting mind, and he knew that he must be fair and not allow past biases to get in the way of his work. However, it was apparent that Dorian had no such restraints, as it seemed he would have been ready to allow the man in simply because of his fame, without even asking questions. The man's answer seemed sufficient. However Ramor knew excatly what kind of 'friends' he was hinting at.

Before he could further contemplate admittance, his blumbering apprentice spattered out, groveling hopelessly, "Oh yes, Tiras it is, my good sir. I'm not offended at all, and I surely hope I haven't offended you at all, because you are super famous, and-" A single glance at Ramor's countenance silenced the lesser of the two guards, and he allowed his elder to continue the questioning.

"You may enter the city, Tiras. Let me simply warn you ahead of time, many men in Bardavos will not appreciate it if you poke around with women who are already married. I surely don't need to remind you of the... incident last time you visited."
Stepping aside to admit the man, he gestured with his hands towards the gate that was already open from the woman's entrance, allowing the man to walk into the city.

You may continue posting in either the Northeastern District, Tiras, and then work your way through the town to reach whatever location you desire. You can check out the map for info on what there is to see, but feel free to inquire in the OOC thread if you feel the need. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:24:17 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 01:36:29 PM »

Bardavos , The City of Artists... it has seen its share of peculiar characters but probably not the ones aproaching the Tinholt´s Gate .
The people that crossed the couple noted first , not the fact that one of them was an orc , a black orc or even the huge mace he carried , no the thing that made people stare was the fact he was carrying a child , more suprising she had her petite arms on the powerfull orc´s neck .

Grial was the orc´s name , and as he walked he heard the whispers of the travelers , he didn´t care .
Ever since turning Lyra guardian he has faced such display of emotions , suprise fear hate , nothing new to him .
Seeing an red haired man entering before him , Grial looked at the slumbering Lyra , smilling , the journey was hard to the poor child and she felt asleep .
Aproching carefully , Grial waited for the guards to notice , always with the mace at arms reach , it wasn´t the first time a guard attacked him before making any questions ...

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 01:13:14 AM »

Dorian            Ramor

Although Dorian had thought to have seen all manner of things during his duty as a guard, the monstrosity that approached him was certainly knew. His countenance immediatley shifted to one of shock, as keeping up a composure was a talent that he had yet to come by. Ramor's stoic visage looked plainly at the man, as if he was a normal human, not a walking nightmare. Then, Dorian saw what had seemed most peculiar and terrifying about the orc, not his species, nor his huge weapon, but a sleeping girl was cradled in his arms, with her delicate arms around the monster's thick neck.

"Please state your name and business in Bardavos, good sir, and perhaps give us a clue as to your lineage as well." It was Ramor who spoke, being perfectly respectful to the thing, almost... kind even. Dorian immediately spoke in a hushed voice to his captain, "Sir! That thing is monster! It could have kidnapped that girl for all we know. We should kill it immediately!" Ramor's reply was casual and quite loud enough for everyone to hear, "Generally, you don't want to talk about killing someone when they are standing right there." A small laugh slipped from his lips.

Dorian was furious. "You talk about that thing as if it deserves respect! It should be thrown in the town jail immediately." His tones were still hushed, despite Ramor's last loud statement. "There's no need to whisper and gossip about him. We guards question people here for a reason. A good guard wouldn't jump to the conclusion based on a false paradigm so quickly. Until he proves that he is of bad intention, we have no right to judge him. Please, sir, ignore my inferior and answer the questions." Behind Ramor's honorable facade, his skin crawled at being in such a close proximity to the vile being. He had a pervasive dislike for other races, but knew that he should not let such prejuidices interfere with his occupation.

Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 04:43:17 AM »

Grial red eye flared at the youth words , was it a suprise ? No , Grial had been called everything but ignoring the younger guard , he turned to the older one , the one that seemed to be in charge , "Of course , although you should inform that most of my brethren aren´t so forgiving , We orcs are an ancient , far more ancient than yours , and being young is no excuse for being rude .
Now about your question , my name is Grial and the child is Lyra , we have no special reason to visit Bardavos , rest assure as soon the child rests a little we will be gone , now may I enter ?"

Waiting for the answer , Grial watched with his single eye the younger guard , youths tend to be violent .

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »

Dorian             Ramor

With a rush of angry blood pulsing through his veins, Ramor glared vehemently at the abomination that stood before him. If it weren't for the innoncent child clutched in his filthy arms, he would have killed the ugly beast on the spot. However, what made him even more furious was that Ramor was entirely different.

The senior guard's composure was without a crack, but a tingle of annoyance flowed within him, like the angry rapids of a mountain river, obscured beneath a still layer of rime. "I never suggested that I considered Dorian's behavior to be acceptable. I never argued that he got away with things because he was young. In fact, I don't believe I ever said the word. Regardless, I have a natural dislike for other races, however I was not about to act on it. Yet, your own swift jump to insulting the human race only proves that you are just as bad as my guard here. Regardless, I am going to treat you as I would any human, and if it gives you condolence, I'm liking your presence much better than that of those elves."

Gesturing abstractly, the guards atop the wall began to open the gate, and Ramor waved the orc through. "No offense was intended with this conversation, and yes you may proceed in the city. Stay out of trouble, and please worry not over these minor bickerings. There are some on the force who have yet to come to terms with the etiquette of this day and age, if not counting the unarmed civilians in the entire city. If you stay on your best behavior, who knows? Perhaps we can crack this faulty perception."

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 08:21:39 AM »

Aváíyá watched Tinholt’s gate from afar while sitting on a large stone, Toren was pleasantly eating away at the long grass or flowers he’d found; completely nude or his winter coat or their bags or his mistress and he was very much so in his glory grazing. Avá lounged back on the rock, she hadn’t been here in a few years and the first time she’d come it hadn’t ended on a very pleasant note, on the contrary she’d had to leave the city by false pretence saying that someone needed her expertise with something and she’d never returned after that. She’d left a beautiful wooden home with a small barn and pasture big enough to accommodate two horses, and although Aváíyá only had one he certainly could be taken for two horses.

She looked over to Toren, who feeling his master gaze looked up at her waiting to see if she would say anything or was just watching him and to his irritation she did speak and he went over to her.

“ Rethán…”
She lead him around the rock where he saddled him back up and climbed onto his back, turning him towards the city gates. A soft kick and he was off on a slow paced trot, not that he could do a faster pace considering his size. Today Aváíyá had opted for just a simple loose off white blouse with her regular leather breaches and skirt, she still had her knee high boots and her elbow length laved gloves. Her hair was in it’s usual style when she travel, a simple braid that extended almost to reach the small of her back; Toren and herself certainly made an impressive duo. They descended the plaines and back onto the track, soon after Toren was picking up more speed to reach the gate faster, Avá unmoving on his back.

When the gate was in full view and the road filling with many travelers they slowed down back to a walk until they finally reached the gate, Aváíyá eyes the orc, but lead Toren a little off to his side and gracefully slide down the saddle landing beside the orc and two guards. She was in no mood to wait and obviously these two were the keepers of the gate. She’d reached them just in time to hear the guard telling his story about hating elves or something, and that got her annoyed. This wouldn’t be at all too pretty, especially if the guard hated elves and considering she looked very much like a dark elf, they’d probably hate her even more. Although she’d wait patiently, of yes ever so patiently while her mind whirled around what could possibly happen. She put a hand on Toren to forewarn him and the large Kev’lor horse stood up and curled his head to his chest, he’d watch these humans and if anything was tried on his mistress he was not about to let a few go by without a bit or a kick and she‘d taught him exactly where all the mushy sensitive skin was.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:22:05 AM by Aváíyá Enayái » Logged

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 08:37:51 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

Breathing a sigh of relief as the orc finally passed through the gate, he saw that a dark elf had alighted before him, a massive horse standing beside her. Straightening his posture, he braced himself for what could be trouble. Although the man had a moderate bias against all elves, none were so troublesome as those dark elves. He really did not like grouping people like that, but it couldn't be denied that their presence had caused various issues in the pass. Sela and her gang of cutthroats were probably harassing innocent passerbys right now. It irked him even more how the assassin allowed information about her to seep out, such as her name, in order to instill extra fear, yet remained so elusive. It irked him how there was no way he could control the malicious woman, and it was his responsibility to keep order.

A subconcious grimace had etched itself upon his scarred visage as he recalled the struggles that he and Attor had experienced, but he quickly cleared his face to look upon the woman. It was only then that he realized that Dorian was gawking at the elfess, though Ramor himself couldn't deny that she was alluring. That was odd... Ordinarily, Dorian only liked showing off, not taking interest in a particular woman, but there was no doubt that the younger guard was in shock. Using his free hand to swat the inferior, he tightened his grip on his spear and spoke to the pretty lady.

"Welcome to Bardavos, milady. Please excuse my earlier comment about elves. It was a bit rude on my part, but I promise you it was merely a means to comfort the orc. Although I can't deny that we've had some... trouble with elves in the past, I try to avoid judging people as a group rather than individually. Anyways, before entering the city, we ask that you state your name, and business in the city, for security reasons, of course." Smiling politely at the woman, he did his best to disguise the bordem that drifted behind his sincere facade. Although gatekeeping made a good salary, and hosted a high rank in the military, the repetitive questioning could get a bit monotonous...

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »

Aváíyá slide a long and slow glance over to the younger guard, her eyebrow etched up only for a moment before sending him a dismissive look considering it was obvious who was in charge here. She clearly took no notice to the swat made to younger man, she was certainly not here to be ogled at and under the young mans intense look she was starting to feel very awkward and nervous. So to completely clear her mind and forget about her surroundings, se started right into the older guards eyes with her own expressionless and almost empty eyes apart from a tiny dot like pupil.

"Welcome to Bardavos, milady. Please excuse my earlier comment about elves. It was a bit rude on my part, but I promise you it was merely a means to comfort the orc. Although I can't deny that we've had some... trouble with elves in the past, I try to avoid judging people as a group rather than individually. Anyways, before entering the city, we ask that you state your name, and business in the city, for security reasons, of course."

Her eyes flashed angerly to the road the orc had taken, she wasn’t one to enjoy their company, but as long as they did not bother her, she’d return the favour gladly. Before Aváíyá had left, dark elf problems were not so big, or so she thought although now it seemed they had grown larger and made the community a bit squeamish in their presence, no matter. She had never been a people friendly person anyways and she wasn’t about to make friends this soon.

“ My name is…”
She paused.

‘ Of no matter and why I am here is not something you‘d want to hear about.‘
She thought bitterly, but kept a blank face except for the toothless grin she gave them.

“ My name is Aváíyá Enayái, I’ve come back from a job I did a few years ago, I used to live here."
Simple as that and it was almost all true, except for the fact she’d be doing some extra work in the meantime to repair her home which would be close to ruins by now. She took a deep breath feeling almost at home.

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

Looking the elfess once over again, Ramor confirmed with himself that her story seemed all right. Of course people returned to their old job opportunities, but why had she left in the first place? Not that it was necessarily of his concern, but he couldn't help but be curious. The gate was still open from the orcs passing through, but he doubted anyone would try to sneak through with his lance at hand.

"I see, milady. If you have been in the city before, you'll know that we have fairly tight security beneath our friendly walls. Behave yourself, or we'll have to be talking to you again. You may enter the city." Beckoning to Dorian, they stepped aside in sychronisation, making a clear pathway for the new comer into Bardavos.

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 06:30:27 AM »

"I see, milady. If you have been in the city before, you'll know that we have fairly tight security beneath our friendly walls. Behave yourself, or we'll have to be talking to you again. You may enter the city."

She nodded at the courtly and subdued a laugh from his comment. Toren could not be kept at her home and would have to stay in a stable for the time being. Of course the stallion wouldn’t be too happy with the idea, much preferring to stay by his mistresses side knowing full well what happened to her at times. Then again there was always the fact of finding mares and that had perked his interest and could maybe keep him occupied for a little while.

I haven’t been inside the walls in a long time, I was just wondering if there was a clean stable I could leave my horse in?”
While saying this she lifted herself back onto the saddle and straightened out her back, she felt much more safe up here then down there.Toren who was feeling the anticipation of moving again stomped his feet noisly, usually she would have pulled the reins, but like this it showed they were both in a hurry for answers.

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 08:01:30 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

As they stepped aside, the woman monted her horse, obviously ready to leave, and quickly answered her question. "You'll enter the city in the Northeastern District, but the nearest stable would be the Ijenji Stables, in the Southeastern district on Market Road. The Sleepind Dragon, our most reputable inn, is located in the corner of that district as well, so I would advise you to venture to that area of the city."

You may proceed posting in the Northeastern District thread, Ava, and then describe your way to the Southeastern District, before continuing to post there, and eventually in the stables. Feel free to pose any questions in the OOC as they come.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:01:52 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Guardian of the Shady Grove
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Allenrhim/ Centoraurian

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 06:02:19 AM »

Santhos was glad to be alive. After a long journey this half-elf could finally smell the sea in the air. By the looks of it from a distance the guards were rather hospitable, unlike the last ones he ran into, and were letting many in rather quickly and peoples of great diversity. Good no one will make assumptions on what I'm like. he thought It's so annoying when they reject you for what you are instead of what your like but these men seem nice enough. He turned to the rider on his shoulder. "O Melody I feel like I've been born again, I could sing." The nervous look in the small rats eyes was all he needed to see. "Don't worry I won't, not out loud at least." He said with a smile. Seeing the guards up ahead he called out. "Urt Den my dear men, how are you two today?" Another look at Melody and he knew what she meant. "Yes I'll be careful don't worry so much. I won't blow up like last time I promise." With one last warning glance she crawled in to his pocket as he finally reached the gate. He looked up to meet the eyes of the guards with a smile on his face he waited for his greetings to be returned.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:18:20 AM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

The Dullest Pencil Remembers Longer Then the Sharpest Mind.

Santhos Avathcin
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 03:46:15 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

While watching a tall man, with fine features that suggested an almost elven heritage, Dorian ran a large hand through his short, blond hair, whisking away the tiny, gleaming beads of sweat that had formed upon his scalp. Meanwhile, Ramor admired the scitillating tip of his lance, and remembered fondly the last attacker he had fended off with it. His cuts were in such precise locations that the man was not killed, but apprehended, and in the interview he had gotten a few leads on how to catch some thieves. Yet, the others had come to no avail with these stories to follow. Although there was a certain half-elven woman who seemed convinced that she knew where they were, but as far as Ramor knew she wasn't actually a member of the guard.

The man seemed to be repeadetly glimpsing at his right shoulder, and the sight was quite an oddity. His lips moved as if he were chatting to whatever entity inhabited that place, creating a quite funny seen. However, the man shouted out a greeting, or so it seemed, but neither of the guards could understand the foreign language that proceeded his Tharian statment. Finally, he came fully to the men, and gave a broad smile. Dorian looked curiously at his shoulder, making it blatant that the guard had seen the supposed antics, but both guards saw that there was nothing there after all.

"If I am not mistaken, my good sir, that first statement sounded as if it was from a dwarven tongue, yet you do not seem to be dwarven at all. As for myself, I am doing quite well, and I hope that you situation is the same. I presume you wish to enter the city, but first I must ask a few questions of course. Please, state your name and reason for visiting this fine city, and would you care to give us a hint of exactly what 'Durt En' means?" Ramor's voice was pleasant as he spoke, as this new arrival seemed like a good person to have in the city. His greeting was polite, and he wasn't as obsessed with getting in as previous entrants had been. He expected this questioning to flow smoothly.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:19:44 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Guardian of the Shady Grove
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Allenrhim/ Centoraurian

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 07:56:23 AM »

Santhos laughed at their confusion his smile growing even wider. The look on the younger guards face was almost comical as he stared at the now empty space next to his head. "My name is Santhos Avathcin and you are right, it is of the dwarven tongue. It is said Urt den and it means good day. I was raised by dwarves you see. I am looking for a job and a soft place to rest my head.  I have heard that opportunity waits in this city as surely as thieves wait in the shadows." Santhos drifted off for a moment lost in memories of the home he had left and his eyes became saddened for a moment looking almost like a lost dog. He brought himself back to the present with a small shake of his head and looked at the guard clearly in charge and stared into his eyes waiting to see how he would react.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 07:57:17 AM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

The Dullest Pencil Remembers Longer Then the Sharpest Mind.

Santhos Avathcin
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 07:47:08 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

Listening to the man's helpful, friendly utterance, Ramor was quite happy to have a respite from the deluge of gruff, impatient entrants who had recently been rushing towards the gates. The occasional person who actually cared to greet the guards, or thank them for their time, was like his miniature oasis in the desert of impudence. As his lips spread in a small smile, he noticed how the man's face seemed to laxen, and his eyes clouded over. Ramor began to wonder if his supposed oasis was but a mirage. But just as swiftly as a storm in the desert passes, the sadness drifted away with a shake of the man's head, and the guard was assured.

Proceeding to drink from this rare fountain of respect while he could, Ramor spoke, "Thank you for the compliments to our city, my friend, and I do hope that you will find these opportunities as abundant as other visitors here. The Sleeping Dragon would be the tavern of the most solid repute in town, so I would definitely recommend that establishment if you are looking for a place to sleep. Last I knew, they weren't looking for extra help, though, so you'll have to look around town for that. If you wander down to the southeastern corner of the city, you'll be in the market district, with the tavern located in that same area. I suppose some of the local shops might have some work for you, though I'm not an expert in that realm."

"You can proceed posting in the Northeastern District thread, Santhos, and feel free to pose any questions in the OOC." ~smiles~

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]