Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tinholt's Gate  (Read 10928 times)
Lyrién Raohalniraél
Enchanting Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »

Lyrién was in a good mood as he approached Tinhold’s Gate: He has been walking jovially the whole day, the peasants’ descriptions to Bardavos were very precise and the weather was very good, if a little too hot. He stopped, kneeled down and gathered a little bit of dust from the road. His large amber eyes focused on a spot two peds to his right: He then let the dust fall to the ground and simultaneously increased the element of wind’s movement to conjure a slight breeze to cool him. As he walked towards the gate he fixed the three twigs which were holding his long blond hair out of his face and studied for a moment the two men standing in front of the door. They stood uprightly and looked very concentrated: “Always ready to fight, this humans”, he thought. He was looking forward to enter the city of artists and maybe learn a new song or two.

“Gree’ings, hyumans!”, he said to both of them, his beautiful voice juvenile and vigorous, “Mai name is Lyrién Raohalniarél.”. He smiled, as he tried to stay as upright as they did. Maybe this was the way human’s here were and he wanted to be polite. “I came to visi’ this ci’y of yours. I’ve heard of i’s beau’y and hospi’ali’y.” These darn ‘t’s! How should he sing their songs when he couldn’t even pronounce their language well? He needed to learn that soon!

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

With his emeraud gaze resting forever upon the horizon, Dorian expected that he had noticed the newcomer long before he had himself. Before the tall blond became close enough to perceive his slumped posture, the guard hastily straightened his posture, eliciting a mild ache in his feet, which he had been standing upon all day. While the majority of the city had eaten nigh three hours ago, a faint grumble now passed through his stomach, as he had not yet been given a break. Ramor, however, always considering himself superior to Dorian, had already broken his fast, providing the subservient guard with no way to use his captain's own hunger to his advantage, despite his lack of guile making this an impossible endeavor, regardless of the circumstances.

While dwelling on his own lack of pleasure, the distant voice penetrated his distant world of brooding, but muffled by the restless abundance of thoughts. Lookingup, he realized that the man was friendly, much like the last passerby, but had a strange accent. The infantile guard still had a habitual urge to laugh at others imperfections, and it seemed that this man could not pronounce his 'T's on his life. Stifling the beginings of a chuckle, he contorted his visage into a grim epitome of vigilance and prestige, as his tutor had instructed him. His mouth remaind closed, as he awaited for Ramor to take charge of the situation, as he was nearly always ridiculed for attempting to interogate an entrant himself. Though perhaps that was in the procedure rather than the notion.

Taking his time to garner all the instructions of his superior from the recesses of his mind, he spoke just as the elders lips opened. His voice rumbled out like a wave in the sea; strong and powerful, in order to assure that the entrant, regardless of intentions, new who was in charge. "Welcome to Bardavos, milord. I assure you the compliments upon our city are well received. Do you have any specifics as to why you are visiting the place, other than the obvious attraction it provides." Dorian felt Ramor's stunned gaze, even though he had attempted to obscure it beneath his calm demeanor, upon him, and could not help but feel a small bubble of pride, though no notion of it crossed his calm facade. Perhaps his promotion would not be far off if he actually tried to follow his instructions from now on...

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Lyrién Raohalniraél
Enchanting Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »

Lyrién laughed – a contagious sound – and was genuinely amused: “I’m no lord, mai yang friend. I’m jus’ a draveller. I have no specific reason, child, bu’ I wan’ do learn some songs of this ci’y, I’m a bard. And maybe read some of your books? Bu’ maybe you can help me, sir: Do you know where a bard can find a gra'eful audience for his modes’ songs?”

How interesting that the younger of these two men was in charge. Although in the human’s lifespan, age probably was not that important. They died like flies anyway, Lyrién thought. Anyways, he needed a job. He was running out of money – in fact, he doubted that the had enough money for a simple meal…He needed to at least try to buy some food and then play a song to get enough money to stay in a modest inn. However, the mere thought of a close room let a shiver run down his spines and his smile lost some its brightness. He hoped they had gardens in this city.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:14:35 PM by Lyrién Raohalniraél » Logged

Lenwë Carnesîr
Old Father Manling
Approved Character

Manling, Helmondsshire/ Eyelian

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 04:43:12 AM »

"My, my."    said a fairly short fellow, who had come up a little ways through this scene. "Now I wonder what's going on here, my little friend!"    he said the the figure on that was on his shoulder. Well, more like both of his shoulders. The little squirrel was scampering from one to another as if trying to get a better view at the place. Finally he decided to sit on Lenwë Carnesîr's (for that was his name) head. He burrowed himself down in the curly mass of hair and peered out at the City of Bardavos, not unlike his Master.

"I wasn't expecting such a huge place! I thought it would be smaller. Oh well, if I can write anywhere else I can surely write in a big city, eh Grigory?"    He shrugged and reached up to scratch his head, forgetting that the little squirrel was up there. He was reminded by an outburst of various squeaking, that would have startled anyone else. To anyone else they would seem like unintelligent, well, squeaks. Lenwë on the other hand responded using the same noises and it would seem that the squirrel and manling were actually carrying on a conversation, as they walked up to the gate. Strange you say, but as we now know, not impossible!

I sit beside the fire and think
of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know

By: J.R.R. Tolkien
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 06:02:37 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

Listening intently to the proposed entrant's utterance, he risked a quick glance at Ramor, as he was not entirely sure of his own judgement. Noticing the slight nod the senior guard gave him, he turned his attention back towards Lyrien, and saw a short, curly-haired male walking up beside him. Feeling an urge to hurry, seeing as a line has formed, he had to forcibly suppress his own haste, and spoke in a calm and clear voice. "You may enter the city, good sir, please enjoy your stay."

Stepping aside briefly, the two exchanged looks as the elf walked through, signaling that they would switch roles. As they stepped back into their positions, the senior guard adressed the short new comer instead. "Please state your name and business in Bardavos." Taking a closer look at the slightly odd man, he avoided donning a perplexed countenance, though his mind whirred as he attempted to label what race this thing belonged to. It looked sort of like a short human, but it had other traits that varied from most of that lineage...

Lenwë Carnesîr
Old Father Manling
Approved Character

Manling, Helmondsshire/ Eyelian

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 06:37:18 AM »

Lenwë grinned broadly at the man that had stepped forward to speak with him. He loved making new acquaintances. "Ah, my kind sir! I have come to do what I always do! I don't suppose you've ever heard the tale of the whispering stream or the speaking forest?"    Without waiting for a reply he continued. "That would be because I have only just traveled to this town and I am unknown to almost all in these parts. Oh yes I've told a few stories here and there but my main goal was to get to Bardavos!"     He paused for a moment and seemed to be done when he started up again. "Yes, Kind Sir, My name is Lenwë Carnesîr and proud to make your acquaintance Mr.? Anyhow I've come her if you haven't already guessed, or I haven't already said which I might of because I am very forgetful sometimes, to tell stories and to write more! Yes sir, that's what I do and that I guess is my business. Oh but I haven't introduced my friend! Grigory get out of my hair and say hello!"     Here he finally stopped babbling and the squirrel jumped from his shoulder to the guards squeaking up a storm, while Lenwë nodded along with him.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:39:02 AM by Lenwë Carnesîr » Logged

I sit beside the fire and think
of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know

By: J.R.R. Tolkien
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 08:14:06 AM »

Dorian             Ramor

Continuing to look at the perplexing creature, Ramor had not let labeled its race when he began to speak, quite loudly, and very animate. Then the man paused, appearing to have finished, but continued to ramble on before the guard could say a word, to stop the torrent of garulous chatter that erupted from the little man. When the man finally seemed finished, ending with a mention of his little friend, which Ramor wouldn't doubt to be imaginary, a little something shot out from his thick nest of curls, making shrill, short noises and jumping around all over the man's body.

Ramor no longer had any doubt that this man had lost his mind. Allowing the obnoxious creature to crawl all over him like that, combined with his overall profusion of enthusiasm was just a bit odd. And he talked too much. Eager to be rid of the jumpy youth, he spoke. "Please, feel free to enter the city now, sir, and don't worry about taking your time, after all you must be very excited to get in." Somehow, the gatekeeper doubted that the giddy man would notice the mild undertone of annoyance beneath his smiling facade, but hoped that he would hurry.

Stepping aside, they allowed the man to pass through, while Ramor shot Dorian a glance, and said, "I may have just let an overexcited lunatic with his rabid pet squirrel into the city, but at least he's not going to be babbling on to us anymore!" Though, he waited to make the utterance until the little man was out of earshot.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]