Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thaehavos' Gate  (Read 8252 times)
Kelodin the Outcast
Wolf’s Head
Approved Character

Human, Proudman

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54:30 AM »

"Ma'am, you turn too quickly," Kelodin muttered. He had placed his hand around her waist, and the girl could feel a point underneath the man's finger. Did you not stop to think what a man like me might desire from a girl like you? There is nothing, dear, that you possess that I can not take away. But there is something you can give me, and there is something I can give you back." Kelodin paused for a moment, allowing the words to sink in. The girl was visibly scared now, sweating and looking away.
"I am in a bind, dear, and I need passage into this fair city. I have no papers, no warrants, no nothing. And without you and your parchment, I may well perish outside these city walls." Kelodin was growling now, audible to no one else.
"And in a city like this, young girl, there are many men like me. But those inside the wall's will be much worse, and not a single one, may I add, will have a debt to you. The choice is clear. Allow me to enter with you, disguised as your servant, your uncle, whatever you shall, and I will protect you, guide you, and above all, bring you no harm and leave at your first command. However, betray me to these gaurds, and there will be more then a prick in your side. Desperate times and desperate measures, ma'am. Kelodin glanced behind him. Is that Kasumarii an apothecary or an assassin? That gryph a bo'en or a bounty hunter's pet? Time was running short, and those who wished Kelodin harm would soon be near.

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 03:44:18 AM »

Silmarwen was shaking. She was always afraid something like this would happen to her. She didn't want to get caught up in anything that would get her in trouble. This man was obviously not supposed to go into Bardavos. As she stood there listening to him, even through her fear, she started forming a plan. She said to the guards, "Excuse me, I feel. . . one moment."   And she staggered away with the man following her. To anyone it would look as if he were supporting her from falling, but only they knew what was really afoot.

Fley was growling at the strange man handling her master but a simple movement from Silmarwen's hand and she stopped. "Help me down. I won't run."    She barely had the words out of her mouth when he had helped her against the wall looking in her eyes, telling her through them not to do anything sudden. Silmarwen caught her breath and continued. "You need to get in, is that right?"    Without waiting for an answer, for fear of loosing her nerve,  she continued. "I can give that to you but sir, in payment for this I must ask you one thing."    She took a deep breath. "I do not want to be caught up in this. I want a normal stay here, so please I am begging, let me tell the guards."        He grabbed her by the arms none to gently. Fley growled again and sat down next to Silmarwen.  She held a scream back, silenced her dog again,  and carried on in a hurried tone.

"I will make sure that you are out of sight and will wait for you to find your way in the city. I will not tell them where you have gone but I will not go in at all if I must carry this secret! Please, to repay the debt. Let me just inform them that the man who helped me in was not my servant. I don't know who you are only that you mean to hurt me if I do not cooperate. I will say nothing as to where you go just tell them that you were not meant to enter, or something like that! I could pretend that I knew you but you weren't allowed to go in and I felt sorry for you, but could not bare the guilt. They will believe me if I say I don't know where you are!"

Through all this she could see him thinking, she had merely kept talking to keep her own nerves down. She didn't dare hope for any agreement, and she believed that if he did agree she might easily find a knife in her back as soon as he caught her alone. He slowly released his hard grip on her shoulders, and she waited nervously for an answer, while Fley licked her hand still staring at the stranger angrily.

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 10:13:25 PM »

Gate Guard Terras

The gates opened again soon after the half-elf guard Sarya vanished form her post. Terras poked his head out and sighed. Once again, the guards at the Thaehavos gate were lacking in their duties. Could the Watch never keep anyone guarding this gate for more than a few days without some kind of trouble? It seemed unlikely. Terras was the fourth guard to rotate shifts at this gate in so many days.

With a sigh, Terras stepped outside the gates. He tossed his dark brown hair back with a flick of his head and pulled down his chainmail uniform. He held his halberd high as he cleared the gate and surveyed the area.

Nearby were two people and a dog. A girl, young and pretty, followed by a man. The dog seemed agitated and Terras wondered if the girl was hurt somehow. Surely that man beside her would get some help. Grumbling to himself, Terras moved towards the pair and the animal to get a closer look.

Indeed, the girl was young, as Terras had thought, but only because she was elven and her elvish heritage gave her the look of a young human girl. Such was the eternal youth of an elf, he supposed. The dog had Terras alarmed, for the girl seemed a bit troubled, but the animal was clearly upset at something. As for the man beside her, Terras couldn't make out his face or hear what he was saying. The elf girl had just finished speaking as Terras came up.

"Ma'am? Is there a problem here?" Terras asked firmly but gently. "I apologize that there was no guard on duty earlier...seems they've abandoned their post. Are you three here on business?"

The guard did not want to get too close for fear of upsetting the dog further. He hoped the pair could provide an explanation. He also hoped they would be on their way as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:39:30 AM by Azhira » Logged

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 12:29:31 AM »

Silmarwen stumbled up, to relieved to say anything right away she ran to the guard signaling Fley to follow, with her bags. Her "servant" stood up as soon as possible but with nothing to do while she stood next to the guard. He scowled at her as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Yes, this man. . ."   At the look she received from him she seemed to change her mind about something, and continued. "This man has seems to have lost track of his master, who carries his papers for the city. He tried to use me to get into Bardavos."    And while three different looks were placed on three different faces, Silmarwen's was the look of someone who had been relieved of a huge burden. And whether or not it was the whole truth, she could explain that later, far far away from this strange man who had threatened to harm her.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 12:30:19 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Kelodin the Outcast
Wolf’s Head
Approved Character

Human, Proudman

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 03:22:21 AM »

An unexpected development- surely this young girl could not have been so bold? A look of disbelief, however, was quickly washed away by a look of avoidance, fear, and nervousness. "Yes, sir. This girl is correct. My master though.... I did not lose him. We were ambushed, and my master perished in a bandit attack. I come to bring a token to his wife, good sir. Surely you can not deny a servant from obeying his master's dying wish, no matter what foolish actions I have taken?"
The girl looked scared, but relieved. To her, Kelodin had a thinly veiled warning.
"I apologize for your involvement madam, but I must insist my story reaches no other ears. Let those deserving of respect deal with these events in their own way. If you, sir," and this he spoke to the guard. "If you, sir, so desire to let me cross this threshold, I will assure you this girl will be left in peace. I pray she will not hinder my journey, as I will hinder hers no more, fates bless this wish."

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 12:46:34 AM »

Silmarwen heaved a sigh of relief. He wasn't going to kill her, and she hadn't done anything to make him kill her. That was when it hit her. He could be lying. Maybe he would go into the city and hunt her down. Maybe she would find a knife sticking in her back as soon as he caught her alone! What if the guard allowed him in without any questioning?

She  knelt  down and stroked Fley who had stood by her during the conversation. She glanced over at the the guard and then at the stranger, trying to read the look on his face. She pretended to be tying her retying her shoe, while secretly slipping the largest of her throwing knives out of her shoe and up her sleeve. The words of her old mentor and teacher, Andúnë Táralóm, entered her head. "You're a healer, you're here to save other people's lives. That doesn't mean that defending your own isn't a priority as well."   

She stood up and straightened the bow in her hair, letting the knife slip farther down her sleeve so it was less noticeable. She hoped the man hadn't seen anything strange, but he was looking at the guard waiting for a reply.

Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 05:26:42 AM »

Gate Guard Terras

The guard's eyes moved slowly from the man to the woman before him. Something was odd, he was sure of it. The woman especially seemed a bit on edge. She looked anxious and a bit scared. The man, for his part, was quite calm and told his tale with ease. Still, the guard was anxious to get these travelers through the gate and on their way.

"Miss, step away from him please," Terras ordered. "I will need to speak with the both of you privately. Miss, step over by the gates. You, sir, stand where you are."

Terras extended a hand to the lady and motioned to the gates.

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 05:42:56 AM »

Silmarwen was now relieved more than before, knowing that the guard was suspicious. And as she sighed once more, she picked up Fley and walked over to the Thaehavos' Gate, where she had stood not too long ago, wondering why she had even journeyed there. Now all she felt was a light sort of feeling. She would soon be in Bardavos, where, when she had told the truth to the guard  and cleared everything up, she would be able to relax and write her soul out in the Beautiful Circle of Dreams. Fley licked her face, and Silmarwen smiled. Then the gate was before her, and she took a deep breath.

Kelodin the Outcast
Wolf’s Head
Approved Character

Human, Proudman

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 06:56:23 AM »

"My good sir," Kelodin said with a smirk. "I am already standing where I am. And please, allow the girl to pass through, there is no need to keep her from her business. The wrongdoing was mine, not hers." And with that, he smiled warmly at Silmarwen, as if to apologize and wish her goodwill.

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 07:07:37 AM »

Silmarwen looked at him. She could tell he had no warm feelings of any kind.  She decided to tell the guard as soon as possible. She suddenly grew angry at this person who had ruined her day. Forgetting her usual timidity she walked back a few paces and looked him in the eyes, pulling her hood down.
        "You are forgiven, kind sir. Now why don't I leave you two to have a pleasant chat with one another. Oh, and,"       she said turning to the guard, "I wouldn't get to close if I were you. He holds many nasty surprises."   She turned her back to them. "Give my regards to your... "master" when you meet with him once more."    Then, surprised at her own outspokenness she resumed her position by the gate.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 07:30:33 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »

Gate Guard Terras

Terras regarded the girl with a grim smile and said: "Very well, miss. You may pass through. I shall speak to your friend here. Enjoy Bardavos and watch your step. Some of the thieves guilds are causing some trouble of late and I wouldn't want you to get involved in that silliness. Be off then."

Not waiting for a reply from the girl, the guard turned to face the gentleman who stood waiting. Terras was a young man, relatively new to the guard post, but he had a bad feeling about this man. Nevertheless, it could also be that he was still feeling the awful headache from the party he attended the night before. Bardavos did enjoy a lively party.

"Alright sir, you say your master was killed?" Terras asked. "From what land do you hail? And who was your master? I wish to get this story straight before I let you through. The girl seemed a bit put off by your presence."

Terras locked eyes with the man and awaited his response.

Silmarwen - You may proceed through the gates if you have no further replies.

Kelodin the Outcast
Wolf’s Head
Approved Character

Human, Proudman

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 03:49:28 AM »

"My master, Gods Bless His Soul," and Kelodin did indeed pronounce each word with a capital letter, "My master was none other then Jaksen of House Myrkorson. Both he and I hailed from the great city of New-Santhala." And, good sir, if the girl seemed to be put off, it was only because a noble elf like her is certainly not used to dealing with a petty servant like myself."

Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 12:42:26 AM »

Gate Guard Terras

The guard creased his brow and gave the man a quizzical look. He had never heard of a House Myrkorson and had never even been to New-Santhala. It was just as well. Terras was not much of a traveler anyway and only knew Bardavos. The man seemed truthful enough and Terras was eager to see him on his way.

"Alright, alright...on your way then," Terras said. "Go about your business but stay away from that elf girl. I don't want to hear any complaints from her or anyone else concerning your affairs. And, get your papers in order, too."

Terras waved the man away to the gates and stood aside to let the man pass.

Kelodin - you may proceed through the gates.

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 06:08:34 AM »

The city walls of Bardavos rose high above to protect it’s inhabitants, and yet the most eminent danger was within those walls. People were truly stupid enough to think they’d be safe within those walls, then again… The guards let in more nightmares then they knew about. 

Whistling softly, Aváíyá turned slightly on the rock she’d been sitting at to Toren who was now slowly making his way over to her. Be damned the Kev’lor horse was slow, but he could certainly pack a punch. She wrapped a hand around his neck once, letting him rest his large head lightly on his shoulder. She kissed him on the cheek once, sighing softly as she leaned her own head against his and sighed softly.

“ I’ll be different this time, I’m only here to kill some merchant who cheated that noble. And maybe a few more till you know… Clientele picks up. I’ll be good I promise.
Toren blew air, knowing full well it was a promise already lost. Kissing him again she got up, grabbing the large saddle and tacking up Toren. She mounted him with ease, the rock enabled her even more manoeuvre and so in a light canter she set for Theahavos’s gate.

Once she got closer and crowds were apparent, she settled into a trot and finally a walk. She smiled, Toren dwarfed everyone and everything, making passage towards the gate was easier. Once she reached the gate, she pulled the reins softly and searched one of her saddle bags, her hand came out with a neatly wrapped and sealed parchment. Aváíyá didn’t even come down from Toren, instead she bent slightly forward and extended the parchment towards the guard, taking an air of someone who had better things to do then be here.

Upon the parchment was written:

To whom it may concern,

You are to let my employee enter the city at once, she is on an important duty and it must be done without any delay. The duration of her trip shall depend on what the lady decides to do afterwards.

Good day,
Lord Josef.

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »

(Sorry Avaiya! This isn't normally my thread, but seeing as Azhira doesn't seem to be around I can post for you) ;)

Gate Guard Terras

Terras sighed heavily as yet another horse pulled up to the gates. It had been a while since someone had last arrived, and he'd rather been enjoying the break. There were some small crowds of bystanders, but they had been there for about an hour, and were apparently grabbing a quick bite to eat before entering the city. He didn't particularly mind work either. Terras just went with the flow.

As the horse drew closer he could see it was a woman, and found her to be vexingly aloof. She didn't speak when she approached, simply handed him a piece of parchment from her saddlebags. Opening the envelope, he glanced over it. He wasn't an *extremely* good reader, but he could make out a few words. Seeing "important", "lady", and "must", he figured she was good enough. After all it was signed by a lord.

"Go ahead on in, milady. Everything seems in order. May I humbly ask for your name for the records, before you proceed however?" The guard smiled sheepishly, daunted in the presence of what seemed to be a woman of high authority. Terras didn't even consider to ask what her 'duties' may have been.

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]