Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Sleeping Dragon Tavern  (Read 23653 times)
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2008, 04:44:39 AM »

Mindlessly watching the patrons of The Sleeping Dragon, Ryldor continued to ponder his new predicament. Several not pleasant alternatives ran through his mind. He could leave Bardavos immediately, but the journey here had been long and Shadow needed some rest. He could hide for a few weeks, but he couldn't afford to stay in an establishment that valued privacy. If he went somewhere he could afford, it would have to be in an area where the guild would probably find him. He could seek out the guild and try to explain, but his past experience told him they weren't overflowing with understanding.

He turned towards the bar ready to demand his undelivered mead, when a flurry erupted. Several people ran towards the back, their goal seemingly somewhere behind the bar, the same area where… "Sarya."

He started to rise, but stopped. He didn't know what was going on and there was no room for him to get back there even if he really wanted to. "If the orc can't handle it…" He resigned himself to nervously waiting and hoping she reappeared.

Which she did several moments later, much to Ryldor's relief. He stood and approached her, just as she started waving towards him. As he neared, he noticed she seemed to be injured, favoring one side. He reached her and asked in a low voice, "Are you injured?"

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »

Lora the Barmaid

As Cristoph became absorbed with his complaints, a habitual reaction to any flaw upon his otherwise immaculate establishment, Lora slinked off and sat back next to her friend, just as the orc arrived back, to take the girl from them. Her friend whispered to her something about a story for her mistress, but her thought was obscured by a cloud of confusion, which wafted over her psyche as an aftershock of the strange events.

The Guilds had been brewing in the depths of the City of Artists for years now, and as more and more people became aware of their presence, more and more people became targets. Attacks were becoming more frequent. But that train of thought simply brought undesired recollections of Celia's predicament, so she shooed away the idea, like she would a group of orm swarming over a slice of fruit. It simply ruined an otherwise fair enough moment.

As she listened to Rina's inquires, although they were directed at the orc, Lora inserted her meek voice into the discussion. "It's nothing of concern, Rina, don't worry. Just a minor skirmish - probably just to fools had a little too much alcohol. That kind've thing." Telling others about what really went on with the incident was dangerous. Most of the natives had some notion of the Guild's presence, but those who uncovered even a little to much information were swiftly killed. Celia's brush with the Guild had been too much for Lora to bear, and she would not allow Rina to slip into the assassins' grasp, by giving her unnecessary information.

Cristoph the Barkeep

Listening as the half-elf explained that she would cover the fee for his lock, Cristoph was contented. "As long as someone gets me my lock soon!" he said, as he watched her meet with another man, as they lingered near the attacker's escape route. They seemed to be rather interested in the operations of the Guild, no wonder she had been a target.

With that Cristoph's gaze came to look upon the man who had previously entered with the silver hood. Behind his facade of corporal composure, he fretted over this man's previous inquiries. He seemed to want a hide-out, and Cristoph was not sure that the Sleeping Dragon was willing to provide that. So instead, he simply stood there, waiting for someone to take action, and hopefully fetch his lock ... How exhausting business could be!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:08:56 PM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Santhos Avathcin
Guardian of the Shady Grove
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Allenrhim/ Centoraurian

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »

Santhos watched as the woman left the room and could easily tell she was withholding the truth but he decided that she needed healing and rest and didn't press it. Instead he turned to Kelodin "Well wolf I haven't seen you for quite a while staying out of trouble? Or have you found other ways to get dirty?" Santhos wasn't going to cause any more trouble but the tension in the room was still high If wolf tried anything especially with Silmarwen He would stop him immediately and, if need be, violently. he never let his guard down for an instant.

The Dullest Pencil Remembers Longer Then the Sharpest Mind.

Santhos Avathcin
Kelodin the Outcast
Wolf’s Head
Approved Character

Human, Proudman

« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2008, 08:17:21 AM »

"The Wolf's Head? Stay clean?" Kelodin smirked. "Well, your elfen friend can attesst for herself things have hardly turned out that way. Buy you a drink, Santhos? Talk about old times?"

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2008, 10:33:12 AM »

Santhos smiled at how the man could soften the mood so easily. "I think I'll take you up on that wolf, though I don't think you'd like to relive how many times I've beaten you in a fair fight." Santhos smirked at the thought.

Santhos Avathcin
Kelodin the Outcast
Wolf’s Head
Approved Character

Human, Proudman

« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »

"What the Shadow's a fair fight?" Kelodin laughed. "Here, friend, sit down, rest easy."
Kelodin glanced around for the bartender, and for the elf who had started the combat- words needed to pass between the two.

Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2008, 12:01:57 AM »

Sarya

Sarya offered a weak smile to Ryldor and nodded. "Yes, the dark elf assassin managed to wound me, but it is not bad..."

The half-elf stumbled a bit and gripped her side. More blood oozed from the wound to seep between her fingers.

"This kind woman is assisting me to the temple down the street," Sarya motioned to Silmarwen. "Please, come with me...in case the assassins strike again...we must inform the Bardavos watch immediately. Some of the guards will want to investigate this situation and that tunnel underneath this tavern."

Sarya gripped Ryldor's arm with a bloody hand before letting go and making her way to the door where she promptly collapsed from blood loss.

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2008, 06:50:31 AM »

"Dark elf assassin?" Ryldor thought. "What kind of tavern is this? Maybe I should find a better place to stay." He pondered this as he looked Sarya over. She kept a brave façade, but the wound appeared to be growing worse.

She motioned towards another woman, one the mage hadn't noticed before. "An elf… with a bit of human, I'd wager. Lovely blond locks. Well, no time for that." Sarya explained that, with this half-elf's help, she was going to the temple for healing, and asked Ryldor to accompany them. "My work is never done," he thought. Sarya took a step towards the door and he turned to face his traveling companion.

"Hello ma'am. I'm Ryldor." Before she could speak, he held up his hand and said, "I'm sorry. No time for flirtations. That can come later after we've…" He was interrupted by a thud from the doorway. Sarya was lying on the floor; unconscious or dead, he couldn't tell.

He dashed through the room spotting a napkin under the plate of a diner as he went. Without a word to the patron, he grabbed it and yanked, leaving the plate rattling, but the meal intact. He dropped to his knees next to Sarya and found her alive, but weakening. He pressed the cloth to her side, trying to staunch the flow of blood, looking around for help as he did so.

Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2008, 07:18:35 AM »

Silmarwen ran to where Sarya had fallen unconscious by the door. Kneeling down she rummaged through her pack lifting out thick towel-like cloths and, ripping open her shirt by the cut, started pressing them against the wound until much of the blood had been soaked up.  "Hold these."     she ordered Ryldor. She went through her pack and withdrew an ointment to stop bleeding. Pushing Rylder's hands away she gently applied it to the wound.  "She should be alright as long as the wound is kept covered up, with pressure on it, and if she rests."      As she spoke she tied clean cloths around Sayra's side. She pulled the elfess up to a sitting position against the wall and turned to Ryldor again.  "Do you know where she lives? She may have to stay here. If the blood loss is too great it might be dangerous to transport her anywhere."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:20:19 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2008, 03:03:31 AM »

Cristoph the Barkeep

Cristoph emerged from the bathrooms with a scowl on his face. No one, in the history of the Sleeping Dragon Tavern, had anyone even attempted an assassination on the grounds. Someone was going to pay for this! He wringed his hands anxiously as he considered his options. That half-elf Sarya was obviously the target...or if not her, then someone who was frequenting the tavern this day. Cristoph was not one to invite trouble, but he abhorred attacks upon his customers and he feared that once word of the attack got out, no one would stay at his tavern. Unless he proved to be someone to take of care of his establishment. By any means necessary.

He came in the taproom just in time to see the half-elf woman collapse in the doorway. He winced and pushed his way through the curious crowd of on-lookers to aid her. She was being tended to by an elf woman. An elven man, the same one Cristoph had seen the half-elf speaking with before the attack, was also at her side.

"You there!" Cristoph barked at Ryldor. "I saw you with this wounded woman before the attack. What is going on? Are you a friend of hers? Get her to a healer right away!"

The barkeep glanced at the elf woman who was trying to staunch the wounded woman.

"You know where the temple of Baveras is? Just a few streets south of here. Get this woman there now. She needs to be alive to answer questions for me."

Then, Cristoph stood  up and addressed the crowd in the taproom.

"Here me now!" he shouted. "I will tolerate no attacks in my tavern! Alert the city watch! I will also hire any willing person able to catch this assassin and bring him to justice. I will pay handsomely for the head of the assassin who has wounded this woman. I will take names of those interested at the bar."

Cristoph sighed and waited to see of the two helping the wounded woman needed any more aid...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:51:34 PM by Azhira » Logged

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Kelodin the Outcast
Wolf’s Head
Approved Character

Human, Proudman

« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2008, 06:02:32 AM »

Kelodin ran to the bar, leaving Santhos shocked. he knocked a man aside, and he went sprawling across the floor. "Sorry, friend."
Stepping over the recently downfallen, Kelodin crossed to the barkeep.
"I'm not here for a bloody drink," he swore. "But I do need the gold. Kelodin's my name." As the barkeep opened his mouth to respond, Kelodin cut him off. "Second thought, I'll need the drink too," he remarked.

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2008, 10:16:29 AM »

Santhos died after the original shock of the move. "I was afraid he'd try something like this." he said to no one in particular. He walked over to Kelodin unsheathing his giant hammer again. "Wolf I don't want to hurt you, so leave the man alone for pities sake, his inn's just been hit by a dark elf don't you think he's had enough. Do you think all people are as used to thieves as we are? If you still want to take his money can we at least take this outside where we won't disturb any one else." He spoke in a matter of fact tone but you could tell he was getting quite annoyed with this fighting. He turned to the bartender. "I'll have a pint in moment too if you don't mind."

Santhos Avathcin
Kelodin the Outcast
Wolf’s Head
Approved Character

Human, Proudman

« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2008, 10:23:50 AM »

"I'm not stealing, ye damn oaf, I'm helping. The Wolf hunts more then scavanges, boy." Kelodin glared Santhos down. Though the smith was bigger then himself, Kelodin did possess a certain aura of intimidation, his steely eyes having much to do with this.
"Now, if its alright with the both of you, I'll be finding myself a drow."

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2008, 04:47:15 PM »

Ryldor was quite thankful when the half-elf arrived and tended to Sarya's wounds. "I've met one woman in the town and she is near death. This isn't good. My reputation will be ruined," he thought. He followed the instructions as well as he could, helping stabilize the guard. Then Silmarwen started asking him questions.

"Do you know where she lives? She may have to stay here. If the blood loss is too great it might be dangerous to transport her anywhere."  Ryldor paused. He wasn't sure what to say about Sarya, but happily realized he didn't know the answers. "For once the truth is my companion." He opened his mouth to speak when a loud bellow erupted from behind the bar. "What now? Ryldor wondered as he, and every other patron, turned to see the source of the shouting.

The bartender had erupted and Ryldor feared for the target of this tirade, little did he know. Even though the questions were similar to the healer's, it still took Ryldor several seconds to grasp the he was the person being yelled at. He started to shout that he had only arrived this morning but again was interrupted by Cristof's screams, this time at the healer. Ryldor ignored the rest of the rant. The watch would certainly be alerted now. He ran his hands up and over his face and head, smoothing out his ponytail, trying to remain calm, but failing. He lowered his voice and said to Silmarwen, "We must get her out of here for all three of our sakes. I only met her a couple of hours ago, so I think that temple is our best choice. Do you think we can risk moving her?"

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2008, 06:55:24 AM »

SIlmarwen listened to Cristoph's long speech but decided to ignore it. Instead she turned to Ryldor and answered.  "Yes, I think we can risk the temple. It''ll be better than here, anyway."       She thought for a moment.   "Can you carry her there, or do you need help?"      Now that she was not so pressured she began to wonder about what had happened. Was Sarya mixed up in something complicated, or had the drow just wanted to kill someone for no reason? How did Ryldor know her, and was he lying about how long he had known her? Maybe. Silmarwen pushed away the thoughts and whistled to her dog who came willingly to sit at her feet. Sil started to pack up her supplies, waiting for Ryldor's answer.

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]