Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Sleeping Dragon Tavern  (Read 23649 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 01:09:56 AM »

Cristoph the Barkeep

As the man continued up the stairs, with a gentle push, the mug came to a respite a mere nailsbreadth from the counter's edge, yet another indication of his skill with the drinks. It would remain there until the man who had just wandered upstairs returned to fetch it. He looked up as the pretty maiden spoke to him, astonished that a customer had just asked for his name. He was an older man, not getting much attention from the younger folks anymore, although he did his best to be personal with the customers, as was apparent in the way he selected a room from the various decorative sets for each one.

Giving a small grin he spoke, "Yes, milady, my name is Cristoph, and you can be sure that you are welcome in this tavern. I have a soft spot for civilized folk. I believe I may have heard you mention earlier that you were a dancer. Well, if I remember correctly, I would allow you to work off some of your room fees by dancing here, if that is your desire."

Grabbing a rag from beneath the counter, and restoring the bar to the pristine state he preferred, he wiped up a minuscule drop of the burgundy liquid, almost suprised that even such a tiny amount had missed his target. He didn't feel comfortable just talking, his hands always had to be doing something. Nodding shyly at the dancer, he slid a goblet across to a business man that had appeared by her left.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:17:13 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Calyx Raylen
Traveling Rogue
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ahrhim and Avennorian

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »

Calyx sighed and wiped her hands on her cloak before turning the door handle to the tavern. She'd had interesting visits to taverns in her lifetime, some worse than others, a visit to a tavern called "The Thirsty Herald" stuck out in her mind from months back. But she gently turned the knob and pushed the door open and was surprised at the atmosphere of the place.

The room was quiet and calm for the amount of people inside of it, though there were many it remained under control. The bartender was a good-looking man, slightly older than herself, who seemed to treasure his building, his pride was noticable. He was talking to a young centaurian who was very obviously a dancer by her body size and shape and the way she carried herself.

Cal crossed the room slowly and quietly so as to avoid attention and took a seat not too far away from the bartender and his customer. She calmly waited for service and surveyed the menu, not really absorbing what she was reading. As the words swarmed before her eyes Cal stiffled a yawn and finally admitted to herself just how tired she really was. Patiently she waited for the bartender.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:09 PM »

Taking them two at a time, Ryldor quickly scaled the steps to the second floor. He scanned the silly names the rooms had, looking for what would be his home for a while. "The Flittermouse… Oddly appropriate considering my nighttime activities."

He put his key in the lock and turned it, paying attention to how mechanism felt in case he wanted to visit another room sometime. "Not that I'll have need to," he thought with a wry smile. "Just in case."

The room was Spartan in its décor, with simple artwork and plain white walls. The bed, nightstand, table and chair were all utilitarian in design with no etchings or scrollwork. Basic curtains covered the room's only window, and a small mirror hung next to the door. The room was impressive in its unimpressiveness. Still it was clean and the furnishings were in good shape. " I've seen worse," he thought. "Much worse," he corrected himself as he reflected on some of the more unpleasant accommodations he'd had throughout the years. His was a highly volatile business with plenty of lean times.

He moved into the room and laid his belongings on the table. He walked to the window and peeled back the curtains, pleasantly surprised by what he found. His room faced out towards Bardavos itself, giving him a wonderful view of the city. He realized he'd probably have a good look at the setting sun and wouldn't be rudely awoken by that cursed ball of fire in the mornings.

"On to business." Ryldor leaned out the window and looked for the safest (and quickest) way to leave the room via the window. The drop was short enough that he'd try it if absolutely necessary, but tall enough that it might really hurt. He felt the outside walls and figured they were rough enough that he'd be able to slowly lower himself to the ground. Turning back to the room, he tapped around looking for a loose plank in the floor or walls. There was one near the head of the bed and he found a small space inside. It was just a gap between two beams and wasn't big enough for much, maybe a small pouch, but it would have to do.

"Oh… My mead!" He jumped up and moved towards the door. He checked himself in the mirror and found that he looked better than he'd hoped. He moved through the door, locking it as he left, and made his way back downstairs.

"Ooh. Another lovely. I REALLY like this town" He walked over to his mead, picked it and took a sip. He turned in the general direction of both women, raised his mug toward them and said "Good morning ladies."

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 11:38:59 PM »

Cristoph the Barkeep

Not taking the time to wait for Lyss' response, he had to hurry off to more customers. Making a beeline to the kitchen, he bustled back out to a few business men, talking quietly, and set it before one of them. That was when he noticed that a woman with blonde hair, a silvery tint seemingly floating about her tresses. However his eyes were quickly drawn to her stunning green eyes, rimmed by thick lashes. It seemed as if she may have been at least partly an elf, and a tinge of curiosity as to what business one of the mysterious folk might want in Bardavos stirred in him.

As he crossed the room to take her order, the man from before returned from his room and began to guzzle his second glass of mead, before raising it in a toast to the two ladies that languished by the counter. Upon reaching her table he said, "Welcome, milady, to the Sleeping Dragon Tavern. I do expect you shall enjoy your stay here, but perhaps you would like some lunch or a drink in the mean time." He resisted the urge to wipe down the table in front of the woman, as it would only make him look obsesively pristine. It was obvious that there was really nothing overly dirty upon the surface, but Cristoph wondered if it wasn't a nervous habit of his.

A hint of a grin played at his lips, as he awaited the woman's answer.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:17:21 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Calyx Raylen
Traveling Rogue
Approved Character

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 12:57:47 AM »

As Cal waited, her face expressionless, next to the centaurian woman a man came bounding down the nearby stairs and landed right next to them. "Good morning ladies," he said, grinning widely. Cal gazed at him reproachfully and then turned back to the table. Another hotheaded male, were there any other kind in this city?

"Hello," she said softly, uniterestedly. At this moment the bartender appeared at her table and immediately Cal changed her mind. Maybe there were a few decent men in Barvados, however rare.

"Welcome, milady, to the Sleeping Dragon Tavern. I do expect you shall enjoy your stay here, but perhaps you would like some lunch or a drink in the mean time."
He said, grinning slightly. Cal caught him glancing at the spotless table in front of her and his hand with the rag seemed to twitch. To her astonishment this made her smile.

"What might you have, good sir? Anything good?"

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 12:16:49 AM »

Cristoph the Barkeep

Annoyance flickered behind the barkeep's facade of a composure, as he hated it when people asked that question. The Sleeping Dragon Tavern was the most pristine of all the bars in town, easily trumping that filthy Drunken Sailor. Of course they had good food, Cristoph, being the perfectionist he was, would not tolerate anything less. However his shortening patience was veiled behind a calm rhetoric.

"Anything good? Any food you order at this absolutely flawless establishment will taste good. I have hired a cook renowned throughout the Rahaz-Dath region, but I would love to inform you of some of his specialties. It seems that the Baneg Beef has been overly popular with the guests here, and he assures me that it had the same prestige in past cities he worked in. Of course, Artwine is quite well known for being a specialty in the City of Artists, but we serve a multitude of delicacies, so I'm sure we can offer you whatever it is you desire, for a relatively cheap price."

His condescending gaze swept once over the woman, before he peered over his shoulder to make sure the rowdy man wasn't getting too drunk. He could hardly deny him another drink if he was paying, but he very well may have to put on a limit after a while. After swiftly mulling over the matter, he decided there was no point in ruining the man's fun, and would provide him with as many mugs as he could pay for. Returning his eyes to the blonde woman, he patiently awaited her order.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:17:28 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Alyssa Mineu
Equine Terpsichorean
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 01:31:31 PM »

As the bartender, Cristoph, informed Lyss that she could dance to work off some of the fees, she smiled in relief. Now, she would be able to stay for quite a while. She nodded appreciatively at Cristoph, and started moving upstairs. Before she could take a step, though, the loud elf returned to the main area, pronouncing his love for Bardavos, then saying, “Good morning ladies.”

Lyss lifted an eyebrow, and returned the greeting, “Good morning.” Going up the stairs, she thought about Ryldor. He’s loud, no doubt, but he would make a good distraction when I’m feeling bored. Though he’ll get it if he irritates me.

On the way up, she looked back. What was it that Ryldor had said – “Good morning ladies?” Oh, there was a new patron. She was quite pretty, and she was an elf… Or, was she? With the exception of the pointed ears, she looked like a human. Maybe she was a maelf. That would make for conversation later.

Back to the room, Lyss placed the key on the table, laid down on the comfortable bed and soon drifted off to sleep. Her last thought was, I wonder how Lýth is doing…

Lyss Mineu
Human, Centoraurian

Dancing is
letting yourself go, losing yourself in the dance, showing yourself to the world.

Alyssa "Lyss" Mineu
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 01:24:31 AM »

Sarya

A pretty half-elf head peeked inside the Sleeping Dragon Tavern doors. Large brown eyes swept the common room and after a moment, the woman stepped inside. She gathered her cloak around her legs as the door closed quietly behind her. Delicate hands came up and pushed back the cowl covering her rich eophran brown hair. A single ponytail fell down the woman's back happy to be released from its confining space.

The woman stepped further inside. She wore leather breeches and tunic. Her boots were soft leather with thick soles. The cloak was a dark green in color that draped over the elfess's thin shoulders and looked like a heavy weight pushing her down. The elf didn't seem to be burdened, however, as her steps were light and soft. She barely made any sound as she walked upon the tavern's creaky wood floor.

The woman was known as Sarya cast about, ignoring the patrons seated at the bar and looked for the man she asked to meet her here. She found him - chatting up some other lady folk whilst drinking some mead. He appeared quite confident as he spoke, a friendly sort of fellow. Sarya sighed. It was too bad he was involved with her now.

Sarya moved towards Ryldor hoping he would see her. She didn't want to approach him in front of the other women. She hoped he wouldn't make a scene either. A nice quiet corner was what she wanted. Alone.

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Calyx Raylen
Traveling Rogue
Approved Character

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 09:35:53 AM »

"Anything good? Any food you order at this absolutely flawless establishment will taste good. I have hired a cook renowned throughout the Rahaz-Dath region, but I would love to inform you of some of his specialties. It seems that the Baneg Beef has been overly popular with the guests here, and he assures me that it had the same prestige in past cities he worked in. Of course, Artwine is quite well known for being a specialty in the City of Artists, but we serve a multitude of delicacies, so I'm sure we can offer you whatever it is you desire, for a relatively cheap price."

The bartender's tone was suddenly slighty more tight, as if he was sudden annoyed and trying to hide it. Cal pretended not to notice, though she did notice him glance over at the rowdy man looking unsure.

"Then I'll take some Baneg Beef and Artwine please," she said softly when he turned back towards her. Just then she glimpsed the door close inconspiculously. A maelf had slipped into the tavern, almost completely unnoticed. She was pretty, with soft features and light brown hair. He was surveying the rowdy man at the bar, obviously haveing been aquainted with him before. But she stayed back a little, seeming unsure of herself. The maelf strayed closer to Cal's table as she moved towards the man, but not to him.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 02:22:35 AM »

The mage's spirits waned ever so slightly as both ladies were immediately dismissive of him. " I should have changed," he thought. It had to be his clothes. After all, it wasn't possible that they didn't like him personally. 

His prospects with each of the two women gone, he took another swig of mead and looked around the room for something else to pass the time. His blue eyes scanned the room, taking stock of the other women present. The waitresses seemed capable enough, but it was clear they weren't hired for their looks and he knew he'd be able to do better. There were few other women and none were alone. Finally, he saw her.

"Hey. It's the guard… Sarya? Why didn't she come over before?" he pondered. She was looking in his direction, so she had already seen him. "She sure seems a secretive one. I guess she just wants me all to herself."

He motioned to the bartender. "I'll take my beef over there if you don't mind." He picked up his glass and added, "And another one of these please." With a rarely used restraint, he quietly made his way across the room to Sarya's table and sat down. "Hello beautiful."

Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 10:42:22 PM »

Cristoph the Barkeep

Cristoph nodded once as he turned away to head towards the back kitchen to relay the woman's order to the cooks. He frowned and reached for a mug under the bar surface as he went. He paused, leaned down to catch some mead in the mug, and quickly downed it in one gulp. His head hurt for some reason. He hoped early he was getting sick. His thoughts went back to the party two night ago he attended celebrating the famed works of Bard Judith, a famous bardic researcher and composer who was born in Bardavos. Although the Bard couldn't attend, it seemed Bardavos always had a reason to throw a party for anything.

As Cristoph turned towards the kitchen, he heard the wandering eyed man also request that his order be taken to his table. Where were those barmaids? Did they not serve anymore? A barkeep doesn't wait tables! With a grunt, Cristoph pushed open the kitchen doors and disappeared in the back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sarya

The half-elf, in her attempts to keep quiet, almost bumped into the table of another woman. Sarya looked down at her and gave her a weak smile and turned away quickly. Sarya had no interest in food or drink and hoped that the barkeep wouldn't ask for an order. She was relieved of that possibility when she watched the barman mumble something to himself as he drank a mug of mead and disappeared into the kitchen.

With a sigh, Sarya found a corner table and prepared herself for Ryldor's approach. She knew he saw her. As she sat, she stared at the back of the other woman's head wishing she wasn't seated so close. With an angry scolding thought to herself, Sarya pushed away her suspicions and concentrated at the task at hand.

When Ryldor did come over, Sarya inwardly groaned at his forthright attempts at charm. She had half a mind to simply flee this place and leave Ryldor to his own fate, but the goodness in her prevailed. Bardavos was crawling with the Thieves Guild agents more than ever nowadays. Perhaps this Ryldor could help her somehow.

"Hello Ryldor," Sarya said. "I am glad you made it. Please excuse my late arrival. Now, I don't want to take much of your time...but about that incident at the gate earlier. You see...Burris is a friend of mine. He's had some trouble lately and I helped convince the Watch that he would do well as a gate guard. Simple work. Question the visitors and see to it that they have peaceful intentions. However...he drinks. He loves mead and ale and was drunk today and...well...you saw him pass out."

Sarya leaned closer and whispered. "I posed as a fellow guard, but I am not a guard at all. There are dangerous people in this city. They hide and strike in the dark places. Rumor has it they are led by a dark elf! You seem like a man who can take care of himself. I am trying to find this dark elf and put an end to the crime in this city. I found out only yesterday that Burris is a target of the Thieves Guild and I am trying to keep him alive. I need your help. They've probably seen you with me. I am under suspicion myself. You are probably in danger now too and that is why I am telling you this. I don't want to see you get killed."

"I am sorry Ryldor...but Bardavos is probably the last city you'd want to visit right now."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:17:39 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Eophyrhim/ Kuglimz

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 03:45:32 AM »

As the carriage finally stopped in front of the Sleeping Dragon, Rina stepped out first and opened a large paper umbrella to protect her mistress against the sunlight. Belyan took a last look in her small mirror, fixed her already perfectly tied hair, and with a sigh decided not to wear her veil: Light sensitivity was one thing, courtesy another. She would not enter this establishment covered like she had to hide something. She stepped out under Rina’s umbrella, put her handbag over her shoulder and called her dogs. Sasha, Masha and Tasha immediately jumped out of the carriage, utterly excited and started barking, chasing each other and jumping up and down. “My poor babies are thirsty”, Belyan thought. “Quiet, princesses”, she shouted at them loudly, “behave now! Don’t embarrass mummy! Masha, here!”. To Rina’s utmost surprise the dogs indeed obeyed and gathered around Belyan.

Rina accompanied the small group to the inn, opened the door and let Belyan and the dogs inside, closed the umbrella and turned to the coachman and the porter to have her mistress’ a dozen large and small suitcases, chests, bags and coffers bring into the inn and pay the coachman. She always carried a modestly filled purse with her for such tasks.

Belyan entered the Sleeping Dragon and headed directly to the darkest corner where she sat at a table and tickled her dogs. “Well done, my darlings, mummy is proud of you”, she said warmly to her dogs and produced some dried meat out of one of her many pockets to feed them. She amusedly watched her dogs munching on the meat, straightened her position, put one leg over the other and created a perfect example of a true lady sitting at a table. While she waited for the barkeeper, she studied the interior. To her amazement it was only slightly too light. It was a clean, quiet place and looked promising. She might like it here…at least for now. She sighed. She missed her “hut” near Istarin, but she also was sort of exited to meet other people. It has been ages that she had talked to another lady...or even a true gentleman.

She looked around: she saw some good-looking humans and even two elves. “Well, well, feyfolks, my princesses”, she whispered half to her dogs, half to herself. But they seemed to be at least half-blood. “And, oh, so beautiful!” Her mood lightened up again…but only for a second. She thought: “No gentlemen or ladies here...These...women...look rather rough, don’t they? It doesn’t suit a lady to look so…so…, well, prepared to fight!” She didn’t notice that her right hand slid into her left sleeve to touch one of the daggers she hid there until it was too late. A smile played around the corners of her lips. “Well”. She then looked at the table….She knew this wood. She and her departed husband had the same back then, may Avá rest his soul, but what was its name? “Arne’pheran?”, she thought, “No, not here…but it did start with an ‘A’, didn’t it?”…She absently put one of her dogs, she didn’t notice which one, to her lap and stroke it. “Or with an ‘M’?”…
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:12:40 AM by Belyan Cuivizanel » Logged

"I'm so tired! Rina, would you pass me a glass of wine, darling?"
Belyan Cuivizanel
Calyx Raylen
Traveling Rogue
Approved Character

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 06:59:41 AM »

As she sat, waiting for her food, the hot headed man came over to sit by the maelf near Cal. He went carefully and quietly, something Cal didn't think was possible for him. Then he sat with obvious recognition and she heard him refer to her as "beautiful". She was just about ready to zone out of their converstation when the maelf's tone caught her attention.

Cal strained to hear the woman's anxious voice and caught some things that aroused her attention. They mentioned something about a drunken man, or friend as she called him. But what really made her listen was the mention of a dark elf in Barvados. The maelf said something about a group of dangerous beings, and a Theives Guild. Suddenly Cal started to regret coming to Barvados. It was the seemingly peaceful cities that were always the worst. Cal had had enough with thieves the dangerous city type to last her a lifetime. No doubt, she probably knew some of these people, the few that traveled from city to city looking for a challenge. It sounded as if Barvados was a hotspot. Even for her hatred Cal turned slightly so as to hear what else the woman would say. There was always a chance she could help out, catch the top man before he got ahead. Maybe she could get a job of that sort and stay for a bit, get in with them and get some information. It was what she speicalized in anyways. Cal sighed. Sometimes she hated who she'd become.

At that moment the door opened and a woman entered the tavern. Cal wasn't surprised until three dogs came tumbling after her. Surprisingly, Cal smiled a bit at their enthusiasm. The woman sat in a secluded corner and pull out some dried meat. The dogs stumbled over one another to get it. Not aware of the show they were producing. For a second Cal forgot to listen to the maelf, so she tuned back in to see what other information the maelf had to offer.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 05:21:24 PM »

Ryldor put his broadest, warmest smile on as Sarya started to talk. She clearly had something serious on her mind, but e had plenty of experience melting through the defensive walls of solemn women and didn't doubt his ability to do it again. Even so, he had little interest in her explanation about Burris, but he did manage to nonchalantly (he hoped) push the remainder of his mead to the side. "I can't imagine she looks too fondly on drink," he thought, silently cursing himself for ordering one that was sure to arrive shortly.

His attention, and his worry, did increase as she continued to talk, and he soon found himself drinking once again. Thoughts started flowing rapidly and randomly through his mind. "Not a guard? Dark elf? Thieves Guild? Obviously she doesn't know about my livelihood, but what does she think I am? How did I  get involved?"

"I am sorry Ryldor...but Bardavos is probably the last city you'd want to visit right now."

Ryldor brought his hands to his face and rubbed his eyes, suddenly very weary. A few sentences ago he had been in an ideal situation. Now he was on the bad side of an entire guild and, for once, through no fault of his own. "One day a woman will be the death of me. I know it," he thought, not for the first time. "I've only been in the feffin town a morning and already one has me in trouble. I swear this will be the last time," repeating another thought he'd had many times before.

He ran his hands up over his head and down the back of his neck, in a futile attempt to settle his nerves. When that didn't work, he tried more mead. After several moments (and the rest of his mead) he'd composed himself enough to start talking. Of course, he still tried not to let her see just how unnerved he really was.

"Well, I don't…" he said, his voice wavering with clearly false bravado. He stopped and cleared his throat followed by an "Excuse me."  Ryldor then decided to do what came most naturally. He turned on the charm. "You fret easily darling. I've been in many troubling situations and come through without harm. I'm sure we can come up with a solution, if we work together." His voice was steady now as the mead and his own irreverent style were already downplaying the risk in his mind.

He sat up a little straighter, his back firmer and said, "Now tell me what you know about this guild and Burris."

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 01:07:25 AM »

Lora the Barmaid       Cristoph the Barkeep

The thin slab of rock ran continuously over Lora's petite fingernails, as she filed them to a delicate point. No notion of humdrum work or responsiblity crossed her mind, as it wandered idly to things that girls these days fancied. Dreams of skipping through meadows or romantic escapades with the prince of the realm were the only content that found it's home in the wistful girl's mind. After finishing with her manicure, she quickly worked her short tresses, a rich color like that of a bee's honey, into two, short braids.

An explosion at the kitchen door made her and the cook jump, to see Cristoph fuming. Upon seeing her he bellowed, "What are you doing insolent girl! Get back to work! She almost managed to mutter an excuse, but withheld after reviewing the barkeep's raging countenance. The petite little maid, no older than fourteen, complete with a slender child-like figure, skipped gracefully out the door, to see an affluent woman bustling in with a tumbleweed of fur behind her.

Lora waited a few moments while the woman found her spot, crooning over the dogs and offering them a piece of meet. However, the firm hand of Cristoph upon her shoulder after he emerged from the kitchen was enough to send her on her way to take the lady's order. She cast a glance over her shoulder, to see that the barkeep was polishing his already pristine counter top as usual, and preparing to throw around his bottles in the fancy way he always did.

After wandering past a half-elf in hushed conversation with a man, she shot them a curious, warning glance upon hearing the word 'guild' in their conversation. Just about every resident of Bardavos knew of the Thieves' Guilds that had been brewing for a while beneath the guise of the friendly city, and she much preferred that the two wouldn't discuss it in her establishment, lest its members think it necessary to get a bit of retribution for the gossip about them. Although they probably lived for the fear that the rumors produced.

Swiftly, she blew it off and continued her casual traipse to the woman's table. "Hello, milday, what brings you to this fine establishment? May I interest you in a drink for you and your handmaiden, or a meal perhaps? The Baneg Beef is wildly popular, and I'm sure you'll find that our well renowned Artwine is delicious, not that an innocent child such as myself has been drinking it," she concluded with a wink. Patiently, she awaited the wealthy woman's order, relishing in the prospect of a tip that could be expected from people of the high class of society.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:18:00 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]