Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: South Eastern District (Market District)  (Read 9186 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« on: May 09, 2008, 05:58:06 AM »

As you walk down the market street you look around at all the different colourful stores on the sides of the street. Weapons, clothes, leather implements, everything a warrior could want! Also quills, books, paper and ink, fitting enough for a sage. So many sights and sounds to take in all at once! This is certainly the place to be if you wish to purchase anything, as all of the highest quality stores are here.

You roam leisurely down the street, with the chorus of haggling and heckling voices rising and dipping all around you, merchants and traders trying to sell their wares. If you continue south along the road, you will find the dark Beggar's Alley.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 05:44:02 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:46:30 PM »

Attor

As Lyss graciously accepted his offer, his strong hands grabbed the reign and prepared to lead her into the city. The gates swung open after he beckoned to one of the men atop the wall, and he chatted idly with her while moving forward throughout the city. After she humbly denounced his compliments, he retorted, ”I shall not argue with you on the subject, but do know that I happen to disagree.”

Noticing the blush in her cheeks he became more self conscious of the hue that had seeped into his own. She continued on to request a recommendation for an inn, to which he responded, ”There are three inns in town, however I would only suggest two of them. The Pig N’ Whistle will certainly be full of revelry and cheer should you be seeking excitement. However if your attendance is more business oriented the quiet atmosphere of the Sleeping Dragon Tavern will suit you perfectly.”

Approaching the door of the stables he continued, ”The Pig N’ Whistle is a bit of a long walk north of here, while the other tavern can be found in the most southeastern corner of our lovely city.” Arriving in front of the establishment they sought, a adolescent horse tender rushed out. Attor placed the reigns in the boy’s hands, before telling him, ”Take good care of the lady, as I expect your service to be excellent. Now, I must be returning to my post, milady, though I can only hope to see you again someday. If you have any further questions, I am sure Trom here shall produce any information regarding the city that you desire.” Giving a look at the boy, he then wandered back toward the gate.

Meanwhile the fifteen year old stable boy helped the dancer dismount, introducing himself as Trom, and ensuring her mount to good service. Leading the horse and her owner into the building, he put the silvery beast into one of the pens, filling a bin with high quality hay. Brushing shoulder length, cinnabrown locks from his sun kissed visage, he unloaded the maiden’s baggage from the mare, and set them on the floor next to her feet. He always worked in awkward silence, and preferred that the customer did not attempt to interrupt his quiet.

You may commence posting in the Stables thread, Alyssa. Trom may seem rather unapproachable, but he’ll be polite. I hope you don’t mind me combining the two different people’s posts. ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:04:37 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Alyssa Mineu
Equine Terpsichorean
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 06:44:45 PM »

As Trom brushed Lýth’s coat,   he gave Lyss directions to the Sleeping Dragon Tavern. Then, he handed her a map of Bardavos, showing her the route to the tavern. Lyss took the map from him, and studied it. She was about to exit the stables with her bags when she heard the boy say, “Your horse is in good hands, my friend.”

Lyss stopped, and said, “Thank you, Trom. Her name is Lýth, and she is taking to you. Have fun with her, and don’t worry if she gets temperamental. She’s like that.” With a smile, she bid the stable hand goodbye, and went on her way.

As she stepped out of the stables, she looked at the road in front of her. Trom’s words rang in her head: “To reach the Sleeping Dragon, head southwest on Market Street, which is immediately outside of the shop, and then turn left. You will come to another fork in the road, and at that point you should also turn left. Follow the path in a northeastern direction, and at one point you will have the option of continuing forward or going right. Turn to your right, and continue straight on, while making no more turns. This should lead you to the tavern you seek. The correct tavern should have a portion of the city wall rising behind it.”

Southwest it was, then. Bardavos was a sight. As she went on her way, Lyss saw many sights unseen at home in Thyslan. It was somehow lively, yet at the same time, peaceful. The City of Artists was so different from her hometown.

Following the path as Trom had described, Lyss soon saw the tavern in front of her. As she stood in front of the tavern, she could see that it wasn’t all bustle, unlike the marketplace she and the guard had passed on their way to the stables. She was right: it would be a good place to practice her dances – without the Singing Fingers, of course.

Now that she had reached her destination, she placed her cloth bag on the floor, then folded the map that Trom had given her. She put it in her pouch, and took up the big brown bag again.

That map will come in handy when I decide to explore the city.

Lyss Mineu
Human, Centoraurian

Dancing is
letting yourself go, losing yourself in the dance, showing yourself to the world.

Alyssa "Lyss" Mineu
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:14:54 PM »

You may commence posting in the Sleeping Dragon Tavern thread, Lyss. If you have any questions feel free to ask the Bartender, or pose 'em in the OOC thread. I'll see what I can't do to get some other players ending up over here. ;)

Menweh Reolláolásh’miés
Wind Caller
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:06:56 AM »

By now, Menweh’s curiosity had taken over her. She decided she’d start with the market district. The elfess would be sure to find something that was horrifically outlandish. Menweh hadn’t fel this excited and filled to the brim with the idea of finding little curiosities since Ximax. The pain in her leg was greatly lessened, and so fueled with her curiosity that she took off at a near jog down the street. The wizardess darted from stall to stall; she saw blank books, quills, inks of all colors, leathers, furs, fine linens. Breads, herbs, fruits, sweets, staves! Menweh almost gave the shriek of Girlish delight! No place she had ever been was this much fun and she’d only gone to a few of these vender’s stalls. The ever curious elf wandered down the street passing stall after stall, smelling the various scents, looking at the various wears, occasionally feeling them.

She had begun to loose track of her surroundings; soon she just knew that she was at the tip of excitement that threatened trouble. But she didn’t care, this was too much to enjoy! Menweh wandered about now turning this way and looking that, taking all the sites. Menweh then set off, further down the street determined to keep moving. Maybe she’d find something more interesting at the end of the street? With that prospect in mind she wandered off, still buzzing from one stall to the next.

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 05:45:58 AM »

You may wander into the Beggar's Alley thread whenever you are ready Menweh, and then you'll be out of my hands... and into Azhira's via Sela. devilish

Calyx Raylen
Traveling Rogue
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ahrhim and Avennorian

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:29:51 AM »

After the strange encounter with the guards Cal pulled her horse through the gates and started down the vaguely familiar road. She traveled quickly through the crowds and markets so as to escape running into the White Rose again. Her feet seemed to know where they were going better than her head so she traveled aimlessly, southeast. Starlight whinnied and whined, tired and cranky, mirroring Cal's attitude. Tempting smells of food and things wafted through the air and when it became too much to stand Cal stopped and bought an apple from a vendor.

"Here you go girl," She said quietly when she finished, tossing the core to the horse. Then she tugged gently again and continued on. Eventually the markets thinned a bit and she found some breathing room. As she turned the corner she suddenly saw what she was looking for. A large sign "The Sleeping Tavern" hung over a wooden door and Cal smiled. Sleep was just what she needed. After tying Starlight up and securing her Cal started towards the building, anxious for food and rest.

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »

You may commence posting in the Sleeping Dragon Tavern thread, Calyx. Feel free to pose any questions to the bartender, or in the OOC thread. :)

Mika
Vagabond Horse Whisperer
Approved Character

Human, mostly Centoraurian

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 05:27:09 AM »

'Envious? Well, I suppose they might seem impressive but wonderous? Try living without your voice for a week. That is not wonderous.' Mika thought to himself before showing the Captain his phrase sheet. 'Wait a moment, rival even you? I think you've been in the sun too long, the vapours of your polish are getting to you.'

As the Guard Captain described the best route to take, both to the stables and the Sleeping Dragon, Mika folded the recomendation back up, placing the phrase sheet on top. He smiled and noded his thanks touching the papers to his head briefly before turning back to Softly and slipping them into thier bag. He quickly slipped those straps shut, and the ones on his Lyre pouch, and turned once more to the Captain winking conspiritorialy at him before taking Softly's reigns in his hand and guiding her into the city. 'Wonder how you'll take that. Keep up the good work, dont let anyone steal the gates on your watch will you.'

He walked steadly down the market street, un-abashadly using Softly's presence on occasion to ensure that he had a clear path through the hustle and bustle. 'Sorry for this darling, we'll get you watered and un-saddled in a moment. Damn crowds, although the ware's do look good. Might be able to get my Lyre restrung somewhere round here.' He eye'd up the occasional stall entrusting Softly to intimidate people out of his way, while he tried to spot the smoothest route through. He looked down one of the streets thinking over the Captains directions and guided Softly toward it. This one was narrower than the other but at least he was moving away from the market's, he decided that he'd visit them on his own terms, later on when it was quieter. True there were likely to be less stall's but it was worth the risk.

He saw the stables ahead of him and smiled, he stroked Softly's cheek before taking a deep breath in. 'Yep, there it is, just need a breeze blowing this way and we could be home eh girl?'. With his mind on very little other than putting one foot in front of the other without felling anyone, Mika ambled toward the Injerin Stables.

Reality and Normality are both Perceptions of the Mind.
Challenge Normality and watch your Reality Change.
Self Belief and Courage are all that is Required.

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 01:46:28 AM »

Mika, I'm going to make a post in the Ijenji Stables thread as Trom noticing you approaching the door. So, once I get that up, you can respond there. ;)

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Eophyrhim/ Kuglimz

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 10:25:38 PM »

While Rina introduced them to the guard, Belyan studied the man from tip to toe. “Ah yes”, she thought, “he is quite fit. And none of these minor soldiers but rather a member of some sort of elite troop. This city seems to be more appropriate than I thought.” Her mood lightened further, though only slightly, when the guard uttered in consummate words: "Of course you may enter the city, milady. I'm humbled to be in your presence, and I hope your stay will be enjoyable. For one of your social status I would recommend the Sleeping Dragon Tavern as a suitable place to stay”, he said and nodded respectfully towards her. Lower folks would had  answered Rina – she hated bad manners. “I’m indebted to your courtesy, sire”, she said in her societal voice, “the high reputation of this city’s guards is obviously well-deserved.” She nodded slightly back. “I already feel protected”, she added in a slightly too deep voice before she turned back to the carriage. Rina winced imperceptibly and followed her mistress.

Give your old mistress a hand, darling”, Belyan said although it was not even nearly necessary to help her to climb back into the carriage, “I’m getting old”. “Ach Nana, you will outlive my grandchildren”, Rina chuckled, helped Belyan to get into the carriage and turned to the coachman to tell him to go to the Sleeping Dragon. “Speaking of which”, Belyan addressed her maiden when they both sat down and the carriage started moving, “Your mother was your age when she met your father, he was a skirt chaser back then before he met her, did you know that?” Rina blushed and laughed: “I’m happy with my live, Nana, I don’t want a husband now.” But Belyan apparently already forgot what they were talking about. She tickled her dogs and watched out of her window to venture a last look at this fine guard before they passed the gate.

No husband, huh?”, she gave Rina a warm look and slightly stroked her cheek, “we will see, darling, Avá knows we will see”. With an inward sigh she remembered that it was neither studying nor shopping which made her to decide to come to Barvados. She knew Rina always has loved artists. “Out! Masha! These shoes are more expensive than you and your sisters!” She picked Masha up and placed her on her lap to stroke her. “These dogs are driving me mad”, she said with love in her voice. While the carriage entered the city, Belyan thought of what the future might bring and how hard the things coming would be for her. For now, however, she just wished a proper meal, a fine glass of wine and a nice suite to relax and read her newest book about local plants and herbs which she had acquired before her journey. Things will change and Belyan was not quite sure if she was ready for changes. But it was necessary, she knew it. And it would not be bad to be around people of her class for a while, would it? She had to confess that she missed soirees...the beverages were always exquisite. She was too deep in her thoughts to pay attention to the impressive city they passed.

"I'm so tired! Rina, would you pass me a glass of wine, darling?"
Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 11:54:15 PM »

You may commence posting in the Sleeping Dragon Tavern thread, Belyan. Feel free to pose any more questions in the OOC. :)

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »

Lora the Barmaid

Pushing open the Sleeping Dragon's Door, Lora felt a sense of freedom gurgle over in her chest, as she rarely stepped outside of the establishment unless picking up ingredients for the cook. A sudden urge to giggle and run washed over her, but she suppresed it and walked casually by her new friend. She knew that Cristoph would be stressed when she returned, and guessed that the affluent woman's detailed demands were getting on his nerves. Many wealthy people gave off that impression. The barmaid recalled her struggle the noblewoman's order, and was glad that it was merely the handmaiden she would be taking out. With her being of the working class as well, hopefully she wasn't used to having their every whim fulfilled.

Lora took care to avoid turning left into the Beggar's Alley, the place where Celia's trouble had all began, and proceeded due north towards the market road instead. The silence was awkward while along that road, but at the top, just before they turned onto the street where everyone in the entire city shopped, they came across Nim's Printing Shop. "Well, we might as well get that parcel out of the way. This would be the place to do it. Nym prints anything that needs to be distributed about the city, as in the City of Artists the concentration of literate people is much higher than the average city of this age. Cristoph can read..." Perhaps he'd teach me some time... She added mentally.

Not wanting to give her knew friend time to insinuate that she couldn't decipher the foreign symbols, she continued swiftly "I heard, that in other cities, parents almost never teach their children how to read, because they're all doomed to be farmers anyways." I'm sure if my parents had been alive, they would have taught me to read... They were good people, right? Giving Rina a warm grin, she opened the door while saying, "I'll wait out here while you take the letter in. I could use a bit of time out in the sun. Then we can go to the tailor's together." It was true that the sun's caress felt good on her arms and neck, but the reason she didn't want to enter the printer's shop was different. Being surrounded by 'secret messages' that she had no hope of understanding made her feel awkward. Especially since everyone inside would know what they were looking at, and look with scorn on any who couldn't practice the art.

You may proceed posting in Nym's Printing Shop, but I have to create the thread quickly before that, Belyan/Rina. I left Lora outside for posting ease, and you can begin your post as if you were outside, and then entering, you know.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 02:37:57 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 03:49:30 AM »

Lora the Barmaid

While the handmaiden was inside the shop, Lora felt a brief spurt of guilt wash over her. Although she hadn't really thought about it, Nym had always beenr rather terse, especially when people actually required him to look up from his tedious work. With Rina not knowing his customs, he would certainly gain a fast disdain for her. The petite girl shivered as the dreadful memory of her first time in the shop surfaced. However, she quickly drove the apprehension away, as the issues her elder sister had to deal with, made her own minuscule problems look like shopping with a friend. After all, she was basking in the sun, and in moments would be spending the moeny from the affluent noblewoman to actually comission one of her very own dresses, rather than the slightly ruffled leftovers from her elder sister.

Smoothing down the short skirt of her dress, Lora remembered that she quite like many of the clothes she inherited from her eldest sister, but knew that none of them were proper attire for a lady. The frilly him of her garments gave tantalizing glimpses of her legs, as it only extended half of the way to her knees. At the top, it only dipped slightly between her sholulders, before extending into two sleeves that caressed the length of her arm all the way to her elbow. Here it billowed out, and the fabric came to a respite of fringes.

Her eyes lit up when Rina appeared at the door, and she quickly accepted the girl's attempt to link arms. "Of course, hun. I'm sure we'll have, a lot of fun." As they turned to make their way down Market street, it was quite clear that the road was exceedingly popular amongst the citizens and visitors alike, as the space between the flashy signs and decorative facades of the buildings was teeming with life. Although the more reputable establishments were actually inside walls, such as the tailor they would be visiting, many vendors merely set up small carts in front of the buildings, which only led to more mazes to sort their way through, with the lines of people.

Thankfully the tailor was located right on the other side of the busy street as Nym's printing shop, so they wouldn't have to actually manuevre their way down the bustling road, merely across it, which proved an easy enough task. The frontal walls of the shop were painted a light pink hue, with an ornate sign hanging to the left of the door, above a window which displayed various ribbons and fabrics. The sign scribbled in flowery, cursive: Lutone Fine Clothing's. Looking to ensure that her friend was ready, she pushed open the door to the tailor's abode...

I'm gonna make the tailor's thread right away, Belyan! :)

Alyssa Mineu
Equine Terpsichorean
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »

As Lyss retraced her route back to the Ijenji stables, which was where the shops were, beads of perspiration formed on her forehead. She looked up, then immediately looked down. The sun was so bright it hurt her eyes. She fastened her pace.

She had decided that she would go to Ena’s bookshop first, then Satinbel instruments, followed by Lutone fine clothings. After that, she would go back to Ijenji stables to find Lýth. Argh, I’d better hurry. It’s really warm…, she thought, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

She soon reached the stables, and continued walking straight ahead. She passed three shops – one for magical supplies, one for printing and one for paints. Reaching a fork, she turned left, and soon reached Ena’s bookshop. The exterior of the shop was a pale blue, and there was a sign right above the doors, proclaiming “Ena’s bookshop” in tall, slim letters.

Wonder what I’ll buy here…” Lyss pondered aloud, hoping for some fun in this mini shopping trip.

Lyss Mineu
Human, Centoraurian

Dancing is
letting yourself go, losing yourself in the dance, showing yourself to the world.

Alyssa "Lyss" Mineu
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]