Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: South Eastern District (Market District)  (Read 9188 times)
Santhos Avathcin
Guardian of the Shady Grove
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Allenrhim/ Centoraurian

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 11:00:59 PM »

Melody actually seemed to bow to Silmarwen before quickly scampering to Santhos' other shoulder, away from the giant beast the woman was holding. Santhos watched her as she went and laughed a warm hearty laugh. "She hates dogs, not very many good encounters with them at all. What's your dogs name?" He asked. With a scornful look from Melody he said "Well I'm sorry, if it was a horrible dog like the others it would have attacked you by now and I wouldn't have a job and yes I do trust her thanks for asking." He gently started to stroke her fur with two oversized fingers trying to comfort and calm her down because of the dog.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 11:50:18 AM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

The Dullest Pencil Remembers Longer Then the Sharpest Mind.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 11:07:14 PM »

Silmarwen laughed and smiled. "Her name is Fley. It must be wonderful to have intelligent conversation with your friend. Mine here . . . she can be just a tad stubborn sometimes."    Fley looked up accusingly and Silmarwen gave her a look, saying It's true!   "Well anyway",   she said looking back at Santhos, "She really loves animals, and doesn't hurt them unless she's hunting. But I can assure you,"      she said quickly, hoping not to alarm Melody, "She has never harmed a rat whatsoever!"    she said truthfully. She wasn't about say that Fley was actually uncomfortable around rats, but she really seemed to like Melody for some reason.

Now Silmarwen realized how crowded the area had become. People were running everywhere, and the noises of the crowd were gaining momentum. As the crowd grew thicker with every step, Silmarwen became more and more nervous. She didn't do good with big crowds, and this was definitely not the time or place to overcome that unease. She drew a little closer to Santhos, finding that she felt a little safer. She hugged Fley tightly and looked down at her feet, biting her lip.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 06:08:58 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 11:03:03 AM »

Santhos laughed at the jokes made at the dogs expense and noticed when his companion's expression changed. His heart skipped a beat and then started up at an even faster pace when she stepped closer to him. He mentally kicked himself for his uncontrollable emotions. "Just when you think you got anger down..." he mumbled under his breath. He looked toward Silmarwen and was again struck by her beauty and her apparent gentleness and kindness. "How long has Fley traveled with you?" he said when he remembered how to breath, his voice was a little high and fast, but he hoped she didn't notice.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:10:55 AM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 11:16:13 AM »

Silmarwen barely noticed the change in Santhos's voice, but the need to answer a question took her mind off her problem for a moment.  She looked up and attempted a smile towards Santhos. "Fley and I . . . well we've been together for a while. You see, I left my home, because my father died, and my mother . . . couldn't quite handle it. I traveled and met an old healer in the forest. She had just gotten Fley, and she was only a puppy."     Silmarwen's smile was genuine as she thought back about those days, learning from her mentor, and playing with Fley.  "It was there that I really started my poetry, and the healer, Andúnë, started to teach me in the ways of a healer. She became a second mother to me, and Fley my friend growing up. But then . . ."      Silmarwen held back the tears that she thought she had battled off long ago.
 "But then, Andúnë died, leaving me her study of plants, and Fley, who became even closer to me. So I guess you could say we've been together most of my actual life. I didn't start living until I met them.     She realized she hadn't really answered the question and hurried on.  "And I just started traveling with Fley a short while ago, after hearing of Bardavos.""    

She found that all this had taken her mind from the crowd, and that she felt a lot better after sharing this with Santhos. She was surprised, not for the first time, of how much she had already begun to trust him, and she was steadily liking him more and more. She also realized that she had been talking for a long time and looked up to see if he was annoyed with her.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:19:13 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 02:56:10 AM »

Santhos stared at her in awe. When her expression started to change for the worse her took a small step closer wondering what he should do. "I have lived with Melody most of my life," he said hoping to lighten the mood. "I saved her from a snake when I was a boy. I found her in the woods near my parents smithy. I was walking through the woods when I saw a snake that had attacked her. I rescued her and took her home, Gareth was extremely against her staying, but Baleck and Sinpoore out voted him. We've been together ever sense." Now it was Santhos' turn to see if she was annoyed. She has no idea who they are he realized. Nice job. You went off and started rambling to someone who has no idea what your past is, and confused them. "Their my parents." he quickly explained in a slightly embarrassed tone "I was raised by dwarves." Here comes the rejection. He mentally braced himself.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:56:47 AM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 03:23:38 AM »

Silmarwen stopped to put the now wriggling Fley down. Then she turned and looked at Santhos to answer. "Really? Well, then Melody is very lucky. And that would explain why you're so gifted at the forge!     she said. She smiled and continued walking. Then without thinking she opened her mouth and said, "What happened to your father and mother?"   As soon as the words left her mouth she cursed herself in her head. Just because she talked about her past didn't mean Santhos wanted to! She turned again and started apologizing for her insensitivity. "You don't have to answer that, I just didn't think."    she said hastily. As she waited for an answer she desperately hoped that she hadn't offended him. And in deed a sort of desperate look had come to her face, and she nervously listened to what he had to say...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:27:29 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 03:38:01 AM »

Santhos was saddened at the thought of his mother and scowled at the mention of his father. "My mother was an elf and she died when I was born. My father" Santhos paused to try and reign back the fury and hatred he felt towards the man, the hatred was plain in his voice "My father is dead." or so I hope. She doesn't need to know the details, I don't want her involved in this at all. "My mother left me with the dwarves and they raised me like a father should." I have to stop talking about my father before I break something. Gratefully they had arrived at the tavern and they could change the topic without feeling awkward.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 03:52:42 AM »

Silmarwen was happy that he hadn't gotten mad at her, but it was clear that something was up about his father, and Silmarwen couldn't chase off the uneasy feeling that had come to her when Santhos had said his father was dead. She didn't want him to stay upset though so she said, "Oh, I'm sorry."    instead of pursuing the subject. She saw that they had come to the tavern and wondered if Fley could come in or not. Well, I guess I'll find out. She turned again to Santhos and said, "Well here we are. I guess we should go in. . .
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:53:00 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 04:37:34 AM »

You two may continue posting at the Sleeping Dragon Tavern. ;)

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Lenwë Carnesîr
Old Father Manling
Approved Character

Manling, Helmondsshire/ Eyelian

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »

Lenwë Carnesîr stepped out of Ena's Bookstore, looking up and down the road. "So Grigory, which way should we go. I have no where in particular I need to be. How about a tavern?"     Grigory squeaked disapprovingly, and Lenwë shook his head in agreement. "Yes, too crowded."      He went on several times to list places all looked down upon by the squirrel. He thought, and then snapped his fingers"I got it! Let's just go where are feet take us, eh Grigory?"      The squirrel nodded and they headed south, unknowingly towards Beggars Alley.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:03:42 PM by Lenwë Carnesîr » Logged

I sit beside the fire and think
of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know

By: J.R.R. Tolkien
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]