Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Circle of Dreams  (Read 4852 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« on: May 10, 2008, 06:09:03 AM »

You decide to visit the bard school known as the Circle of dreams, the Songbird Street leading your way there. Shaded by several tall trees stands the main building, by its sides are two smaller buildings, one of them being where the teachers and other school staff lived. The other being mostly a storage house.

The sound of music floats in the air around the main building, muttering voices where you can recognize some names, Queprur, Eyasha, Seyella. Praises to the Gods were written here, as well as songs of myths that would have been long forgotten if not preserved in songs.

There is a peace over this place, as if the haste of the city could not completely reach it. The main door stands open; you may quite easily enter.

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »

Tiras stood before the "Circle of Dreams " , the calm he felt here always remained even after he left years ago .
Not being a bard himself or even capable of playing the lute , Tiras always had a deep respect to those who had the gift , to be able to play music was always a wish of his alas the gods had graced him with other gifts ....

His green eyes looked around and it seemed that he was the only visitor at the moment , for a moment Tiras taught about seeking an elven lass that was trained here , but the way they parted made him to forget it (The lass was married , it is the burden of the White Rose...), he still remembered the wonderfull days they stayed together , but there was something Tiras loved almost like the women , himself ...
Seating down on a rock near the gates , Tiras enjoyed the music that was on the air and waited , maybe someone was to make him company ....

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »

Silmarwen was in a tree. This was not unusual, as she loved climbing them. And as she strolled down the Songbird Street she could not resist the urge to climb up one of the slender trunks and into the protective branches, and of course the view was lovely. She looked around for the circle of dreams and looking down she realized that the tree she was in was practically on it's doorstep. She climbed down in a hurry. Her dog was waiting anxiously for her at the bottom, and as she reached it she picked up Fley.

Silmarwen looked about herself in awe. She had finally arrived, and it was like a dream come true. Music seemed to be the very essence of the place. She pulled her hood down, revealing her slightly pointed ears. No need to make anyone suspicious of her. She always put on a very mysterious air with it up. She put down her bag and put Fley back in, replacing her with the lyre which had been hidden in the deep pack. She also picked up her folder of songs and music, and she placed it in the crook of her arm. ow she felt ready to enter.

Then she realized she was not alone. Just a few meters away was a young man listening to the music with an exceedingly dreamy look on his face. A very handsome face as well! Silmarwen thought to herself. And than she remembered past experiences with handsome men, like at the gate of Bardavos itself. She decided to be very cautious of him. He carried no instrument of music so Silmarwen came to the conclusion that he was a passerby or a visitor. Carefully trying not to attract attention to herself she moved towards the entrance...

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:16:23 AM »

Tiras heard the music , like it was the first he heard it .
Probably this was his Bardavos favorite part , Tiras was an artist too or at least he considers himself one , the art of love ... is it not an art too ?

Still listening the music Tiras acute senses warned him that someone was here as well , turning his head he noticed a young woman , an elven lass and even better a pretty one , but then who of the ancient wasn´t pretty ?
She was trying to not disturb or remain undetected , but Tiras senses were sharp , it had to be , years of romancing married women made him always on the run and leaving before the husband appears is one way to stay alive ...
Getting up , Tiras walked slowly , with his famous smile , the smile that some say that makes most of the women tremble and approaching the elusive he said " Pardon me milady , but I coudn´t fail to notice that are entering the Bard School , and forgive me if I sound too forward , but may I accompany you inside ?
A bard once told that music is to be heard with someone and I couldn´t ask for better company ..
Anyway my name is Tiras ,and I am at your service milady..."

He bowed and tried to reach for her hand to properly compliment her ...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:17:00 AM by Tiras The White Rose » Logged

<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 05:45:21 AM »

Fley growled, and SIlmarwen drew her hand back. Men like this, she could not stand. Now, just her luck she had met two in the same day!  "Excuse me, sir, but there is no need for that. I need to accompaniment but I am sure no one would mind if you came in to visit."    She tried to see his reaction, but he just smiled at her. Why are men always so "charming"? she thought.

She nodded curtly and tried to walk towards the entrance.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:46:35 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »

As the elfess drew back her hand , Tiras eyes flickered briefly with disappointment , it was the second women today to refuse his compliments , Two in the same day ... must be getting old , people do say that looks are the first to lose to time , but ... nah ... perhaps I can make her change her mind , or at least try to see if she has any valuables with her .

Looking at the dog and the elfess , Tiras chose carefully his next words " Of course milady , I meant no offense , I merely wanted to show my respect , but perhaps not all like it ...
Now if you don´t mind I will accompany you , and if you do find my presence tiresome , please do say so ."

Dispite his effort , Tiras words sounded a little sarcastic , after all he was "The White Rose " and a woman rejecting his advances , well it was too much for someone with an huge ego as his ...

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »

For some reason, unknown to her, Silmarwen felt sympathy for him. She knew he was most likely not a very good person, but why be rude? Perhaps if she did let him walk with her she would find that he was not so bad. And what could happen in the Circle of Dreams? She would have to be careful of her pack though. You never know; the friendliest person could get too close just to pickpocket. Finally she smiled at him.  "Alright you may accompany   us into the circle. And what is your name, sir?"    She made sure to put emphasis on us. Fley was known to be very protective.

SIlmarwen put Fley down and said "Follow" to her. She took her pack and reluctantly put back her music and lyre, so she could carry everything in front of her, where she could see it. Then she smiled, waiting for an answer.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:30:50 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 02:47:43 AM »

Tiras nodded at her words , eying the dog , he didn´t like dogs , it had his share of encounters with canines , for some reason some people do use them as guards and funny enough more than once Tiras was chased down the street by them ...

For a brief moment Tiras wondered to offer his arm , but remembering how she rejected his compliment before , he just bowed and said " Ah of course how rude of me , addressing a lady without introducing myself , my name dear lady is Tiras and if I may can I ask yours ? But only if you wish so .."
Tiras smiled gracefully watching her reaction .

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 03:51:59 AM »

Silmarwen smiled. Yes he was a charmer, and he was putting on a good act too. "My friends call me Silmarwen, and whether or not you are a friend I'll allow you to call me by that name also. Don't mind my dog, Fley,"        she said seeing his uneasy glance at her. "She is quite tame, and is trained to harm those who wish to do the same to me."      She looked at him for a moment, then turned away. Bardavos was good for her. She had been in for not very long and already she had found courage to speak to strangers! She smiled at her own thoughts.

She began walking and Fley followed. Maybe I'm not being completely wise. She thought to herself. But she shrugged off the feeling. There will be plenty of people inside. What could possibly go wrong?  "And where do you come from?    She looked back at Tiras, expectantly...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:27:39 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 12:12:07 PM »

Tiras silentily followed , the hard part was over and for now he would see how it would unfold .
He loved women , that was a fact , and one that didn´t allowed him to kiss her hand , well she might as well pierced his heart with a knife ...

As she looked towards him , he couldn´t fail to notice how pretty she was , not an amazing beauty , but she had something ...
Smilling he answered " I my dear am Erpheronian, as you might have noticed by my hair " Tiras gently pushed his long red hair to his shoulder showing her proudly and continued " And you Silmarwen ? I know you are elven , but the tribe fails me , perhaps Kayrrhem , I had heard people consider them an epitome of grace and you can easily be one "
Yes he was flirting but can anyone blame him , he was after all The White Rose"

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 03:13:26 AM »

Silmarwen frowned. Maybe she had been a little to encouraging.  "Ah yes, I should have noticed your hair. And no I am Athyron, and I have no wish to be graceful, I just want for peace and a place to play and write."    She sped up a bit, passing Tiras up. She didn't wish to lead him on a wild goose chase and she had no intention of giving him the impression that she was the kind of girl he wished she was.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:26:48 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 09:57:11 AM »

Tiras gave a sigh , both sad and exasperated , anything he said seemed to either make the elfess angry or suspicious of him.
He decided to take another way , droping his seducing , stoping to try to be charming , it was hard yes but not impossible ...

Seeing as she speed up her pace , he did too , and as they silentily walked together Tiras stoped and said with a genuine regret in his voice " I must ask for your forgiveness , I know I can be annoying and perhaps even inconvenient , if my presence somewhat distresses you , please be sure it was not my intention .
You know , I will let you a secret , people call me "The White Rose" , perhaps you had heard of me ?
Anyway I can assure you , that anyone that had heard of me would say that I respect women above all , if I love them , every single one of them ?Yes I do , is that a crime ?
Perhaps ... but it is how I feel , and I ask you Silmarwen  , promising that I would not see as an conquest but as friend if you allow me .."

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 07:58:37 AM »

Silmarwen was genuinely confused. He seemed to actually mean what he said, and she had never met someone like this before. Now she didn't know if she should trust him or not, but he seemed to be safe. Finally she made a decision of what to do and after a long pause she spoke to him. "I'm afraid that I must seem very rude to you, and I am very sorry of this. You see I really don't go out much and I'm not a great analyzer of character, which is a fault I cannot forgive myself for owning. But Let's start over shall we? I'm willing if you are.        She hoped that she had done the right thing and waiting anxiously for his reply...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:24:29 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »

Tiras smilled , yes he was happy , to have a woman thinking him as a womanizer , well it cut his heart deeper than any blade could ...
Looking directly at her , he said "You have nothing to apologise my friend , if someone was at fault it was me ...
But yes lets start over , I wouldn´t want it other way."

With an amused smile and his green eyes sparkling he continued " My name is Tiras and yours ?"
She did say to start all over , did she not ?

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »

Silmarwen smiled, and laughed, which was not a thing she did very often. She decided that she had been to hasty to judge Tiras. He seemed nice enough.  "My name is Silmarwen Elanessë. And, this is Fley."    She motioned to her dog who had presumed a happier look since she had. "I've come here in search of inspiration. And you?"    She realized that she hadn't asked that even before their reintroduction, and thought to herself that she should have. Just because he seems nice doesn't mean I should let my guard down, She thought. But it is very hard to keep ones guard up when with one so pleasant!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:37:56 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]