Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nym's Printing Shop  (Read 2595 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« on: July 04, 2008, 10:09:55 AM »

As you enter the shop, you notice immediately that it is small and fairly cramped. A counter lines the back of the room, where the tall store keeper, Nym, is supposed to stand. Unstead he bends over a work table to the right side of the shop, grabbing small pieces of metal and setting them onto a tray of sorts. Occasionally he will paint a black substance onto them, and then lift them up and press them onto the piece of paper. His progress is slow, as he has not yet acquire one of the new-fangled printing presses, and thus must manually lift the letters, and then press them into the page himself.

He does not look up, despite the faint jingle of the bell that hangs above the door, and will not do so unless you speak to him. Upon the counter, there is a small box with a slot in it, labeled 'MAIL'. Every day at 10 bells, a page comes by to distribute the parcels found within.

Nym the Printer
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:12:48 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Eophyrhim/ Kuglimz

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 12:35:22 AM »

Rina:

Rina almost danced into the printing shop. She has never been a sad or unhappy girl but today she was really happy: Her mistress sent her on a shopping trip, it was sunny and warm and, most importantly, she has found a new friend. She liked Lora immediately. The young barmaid was just slightly younger than herself so they had similar interests and chattered a lot, pointed at handsome boys who were passing by and giggled like seven-year-olds. It has been months since she saw her girlfriends in Cavthan and had laughed so much.

After Lora excused herself to stay outside, Rina entered the printing shop, still full of excitement. She saw a small box with a sign and took her a few second to decipher the words “MAIL” on it. She put the small package of letters on the table, produced her purse and cleared her throat: “Excuse me sir, this letters here have to be sent to Cavthan. How much would it be?” As she waited for the tall, busy man to come to the counter, she hoped this would not take much time for she couldn’t wait to go with Lora to the tailor’s shop. “But make sure, one of them is elegant.” Belyan’s words echoed in her head.

"I'm so tired! Rina, would you pass me a glass of wine, darling?"
Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 12:47:52 PM »

Nym the Printer

The jingle of the bell above the door alerted Nym to a customer's presence, yet he merely continued his work, notcing how the customer was standing at the front counter, probably expecting him to serve her. What a distraction people could be, and the placing of the small, metal letters was a tedious process, that required his full attention.

Looking briefly over his shoulder, when the girl cleared her throat loudly, he set down his work and turned around as he listened to her inquiry. "Cavthan, you say? That would be six san, the best deal you'll find in the entire province, I assure you." He noticed that the handmaiden seemed eager to get on with her errands, slightly fidgity she was, though that was oh so typical of the younger folk these days.

However, Nym, too was eager to continue with his work, and thus hoped that this would be a swift exchange. Turning back around, he picked out a few of the figures, and began to set them in their places, before noticing that the girl was still here. Obviously she was a visitor to the city, as all the locals knew how he operated. "Just leave the money on the table and put the letter in the box. I don't have time for idle chatter with the customers. Excuse me if I sound terse, but when you are finished, please find your way to the door."

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Eophyrhim/ Kuglimz

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 02:49:16 AM »

Rina:

As the man turned around and addressed her so rudely, Rina’s smile immediately froze in her face. With her brown eyes wide open, she stared at the man until he had finished this disrespectfulness towards her. After all, she was a paying customer! At moments like these she wished she would emanate Belyan’s aura of authority. Nobody would ever treat her mistress like that. “Well, maybe Nana is right”, she thought to herself while she produced six san out of her small purse, “maybe it is time to become a lady.” She straightened herself, put the letters in the mail box, turned on her heels and walked firmly towards the door, without saying goodbye. She would not have her good mood overshadow by such a, such a……horrible man.

She opened the door and as soon as she saw Lora waiting in the sunshine, she forgot this episode, flashed a smile and linked her arms with the smaller girl. “Shall we? To the tailor!”, she promulgated loudly and laughed.

"I'm so tired! Rina, would you pass me a glass of wine, darling?"
Belyan Cuivizanel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]