Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lutone Fine Clothing  (Read 3315 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« on: July 06, 2008, 04:16:49 AM »

The Lutone family name is quite renowned amongst Bardavos citizens, especially the wealthy ones, as being the sole place to procure the finest garments and start the latest trends. Currently, Marissa Lutone, reigned over the store (and the fashion industry) with a monarch's dominance and grace.

Although the room certainly seems empty, despite the various mannequins that perch upon their pedastals, with their unmoving, yet vigilant gazes perceiving about the room, perhaps you should look again. But, rather than making you go to much trouble, one of the mannequins, moves, steps forward, and introduces herself as Madame Marissa. All of the mannequins look so real, especially with the vibrant clothing and ornate masks adorning their features, and the radiant lady before you certainly fits in with the crowd.

The first thing you would notice about her is that it is difficult to notice anything about her. Although her gentle facial features are undoubtedly beautiful, an aquiline mask, with a hooked beak, and high points upon it obscures her visage, yet accentuates whatever allure you might have seen. Although her rich, brown locks tumble in a lovely stream of curls, you merely notice the profusion of blossoms that are pinned to the right side of her face, to hold the hair in place. Lastly, a slender figure, with curves in all the right places, is pale in comparison to the splendor of the green, spilken material that wraps about her form. Although she wields a fine natural beauty, her flamboyant attire would never allow you to see the undecorated side of her.

Marissa the Tailor
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:50:40 PM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:51:41 AM »

Marissa the Tailor

The elfess' eyes watched sharply, as two girls entered her shop. Both seemed to be looking around awkwardly, as the room was full of flamboyant garments, loose fabrics, and stray ribbons, with gaudy curtains hanging from the slender windows and small, plush couches setting absently about the room, yet it was devoid of life, in a gawkily alluring sort of way. This would be fun for the mysterious tailor, for she loved nothing more than creating spectacles for the young folk. Although many mannequins, each adorned by a lovely outfit and stunning mask, were spread about the room, Marissa could have easily been mistaken as one of them, but her left side was obscured by a cascade of spilken fabric, where she kept the 'hidden string' and her fingers clutched the tendril with genuine anticipation, prepared to unleash her little show.

However, for a few moments she would have to continue to wait, as she absolutely loved watching the flashes of emotions upon the customer's faces as they awaited for the Mistress of the shop to reveal herself. How inspiring visages could be. The flash of awkwardness upon the barmaid's face just before she yelled out could have easily translated into an odd, peach colored gown, with a cut that hadn't been used for centuries. Whoever donned that eccentric dress would be the laughing stock of Bardavos for a week. "Is anyone here? We'd like to by some dresses." Marissa heard the curious voice echo about the room, its meek sounds reverbating about the lofty celing, amongst the balustrades and balconies where her suprise awaited.

Finally, the elfess gave a tug on the little string, and watched with delight as the event unfolded. Slithering, writhing snakes poured from an opening in the ceiling, their rainbow forms containing lethal venoms. Or so it would appear to the naive little girls. The Cloth Countess had expertly designed the fabric, stuffed with dense material, to appear exactly like a multitute of rainbow snakes falling from the sky. She watched with delight as the wistful, blonde girl shrieked in pure agony, relishing in her own ability to teach a lesson. However, realization seemed to grow upon the two innocent faces, as the sepentine dolls stopped moving as they hit the floor. The look on the pretty barmaid's face had contorted to a pout, as she exclaimed, "That was not a very nice trick!

Suddenly, what they had thought to be a mannequin stepped from behind them, and placed a hand on the blonde girl's shoulder, eliciting a jump. The Countess of Cloth's rich voice span out like a luscious length of spilk, yet as gossamer as etherflake. "Yes, but it taught you a lesson my dee-ah. Looks can be deceiving, and I assure you that that will become blatant during your stay in my shop. I can take the ugliest girl in the city and make her the envy of the province." Suddenly, she ripped off her dress, to reveal another frilly pink one beneath. "In any shade she desires!" Her mithful laugh rang out and reverbrated about the shop, lifting any feelings of hostility there may have been. "But now, the question is, what hues can I use for you two?"

The question was directed at the both of them, yet she was taking a special interest in the darker haired of the two. Her tall, slender form would look excellent in her latest experiments, and she thought that an elegant, long gown, probably green or purple, would look great on her. Oh, and how great would it look to weave a few ribbons through the luscious locks? The blonde girl's hair was a bit to wispy for Marissa's personal tastes, but she thought that anyone had the propensity to be beautiful when adorned by one of her dresses. Dexterous digits, complete with tiny scars where the slender threads had cut the gentle flesh of her finger tips, adjusted the golden-green mask that obscured her features, before replacing it with a lavender one she produced from the folds of her gown. Tossing back her rich, brown tresses, the two could catch a glimpse of her distincly elven ears, before the filaments rushed back to their place to cover the distinguishing features.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 10:54:50 PM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Eophyrhim/ Kuglimz

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 09:36:14 PM »

Rina:

As the two girls arm in arm walked down the Market street towards the tailor’s shop, Rina noticed amazedly how busy Bardavos was. The street was full of people on a shopping trip: While those apparently from the working class bent over some desiderata and other stuff exposed on small carts by local vendors, more affluent visitors entered one of the many shops behind them. So Rina was even more thrilled when Lora stopped in front of such a shop, this one painted in light pink colours, which said Lutone Fine Clothing’s. As the girls entered and the barmaid closed the door, Rina felt as if they had entered a different world: Flamboyant colours everywhere, fantastic mannequins dressed in some of the most beautiful dresses which she has ever seen before were standing around: “Nana surely would love this shop”, she thought. She’s never been to such a fine establishment since Belyan uses to take her mother on her rare shopping trips to Cavthan.

The sounds of the vibrant street were locked outside as the heavy door closed. Rina’s dark eyes were wide open and became almost drunk by all these colours and impressions. But no body was there. The girls were alone in the large room. Suddenly a nightmare unleashed above them. Colourful snakes fell through the ceiling and landed just in front of them. Rina shrieked and jumped back, almost falling into a mannequin. She hated snakes! But she soon realized that they were made of cloth and were harmless, so her panic turned into relieve and then to anger. Who would do such a horrible thing to customers? Are there any normal vendors in this City of Artists? "That was not a very nice trick!“, a not less sulky Lora said.

She shrieked again as one of the mannequins suddenly moved, walked towards them and made Rina jump in fear as she put an elegant hand on her shoulder. A beautifully dressed woman in a terrific mask which looked like some sort of a fantastic bird addressed them: "Yes, but it taught you a lesson my dee-ah. Looks can be deceiving, and I assure you that that will become blatant during your stay in my shop.” The woman’s warm, luscious voice took all anger away from Rina, but her heart was still rushing. With another shriek, this time an amazed one, Rina saw the woman ripping off her dress and revealing a beautiful pink dress underneath. As she also changed her mask, Rina saw that the woman was an elf. “This explains a lot”, she thought. As far as she was concerned, these people were strange, eccentric folks. "But now, the question is, what hues can I use for you two?", she said while looking at Rina from tip to toe. She felt uncomfortable being so scanned and unnoticedly started to twitch her hair. All elves made her feel so inferior, just the way her mistress did. She automatically attempted a courtesy and indicated a bow towards the elfess.

“Yes mylady. My mistress, Lady Belyan Cuivizanel, the owner of the fine Cuivizanel Weaving Mill near Cavthan sent me here. Maybe you’ve heard of the Mill? I believe she has some business with Bardavos as well”, Rina started prattling, more to calm herself down, “Uhm, she wants me to have an elegant dress, maybe in a dark colour? She prefers dark red, green and brown colours but I like purple more. And then I would like to have an every-day-dress. A colourful one!” Her mind started to imagine how she would look like in flamboyant colours and she became even more excited. “My friend here also wants a dress or two”, she turned shyly to Lora. While she waited for what would happen now – she doubted that the elfess would say something like: “Oh, no problem. Let's start right away and take your measures, honey.” – she thought that her mistress just has to come here.

"I'm so tired! Rina, would you pass me a glass of wine, darling?"
Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:14:42 AM »

Lora the Barmaid

Lora was finally starting to feel somewhat relaxed after the snake encounter, but knew that she should never let her guard down in a shop like this. Marissa was exceedingly pretty and crafty, but the petite barmaid didn't like her scrutinous gaze, as it seemed she was constantly evaluating the worth of other's clothing. "I prefer pastel shades to tell you the truth." She had expected what would come as soon as she spoke: the Countess of Cloth turned about to throw her cumbersome glance upon her, looking up and down her tiny figure. She could tell that within that calculating glance the woman wasn't quite ecstatic about what she saw.

Absently, she adjusted the straps of her dress, a nervous habit she often did when ever not occupied. Cautiously she awaited the woman's next zany move, and braced herself for more surprises...

Marissa the Tailor

As the two spoke of their desired hues, Marissa had to say that she rather approved of their choices. They were nearly exactly the ideas that she had had in mind, but with a few minor tweaks. The few minor tweaks were what made her clothes brilliant; the little touch that simply screamed 'Lutone Classic!' She had ignored the name of the cloth business, mostly because she had no idea where her fabrics came from. She merely sent a page to procure whatever style of cloth she desired, but she faintly recalled that they might have gotten some of it from Cavthan. "I personally have no recollection of the store, dahling, but my pages -but don't bother yourself looking, their probably scurrying about in the back somewhere- handle all of the shopping and merely fetch what I desire, leaving me little indication of where exactly it comes from. Except that whoever makes it is brilliant at it, of course!"

Sidestepping around the girls, she made her way to the counter, which could hardly be seen under the draperies and piles of material that hung from its surface, and fetched a little cart from behind it. The cart also had a profusion of fabric hanging languidly from it, and concealing it's true form, making it appear to float across the ground. A large, clear sphere sat in the middle, mounted upon a miniature pedestal, with tiny runes upon its surface. Marissa had learned this trick during her days with the Black Butterfly Rovers -what a crafty group of people they had been- and she still found it to be incredibly stunning to day.

"Your requests are acknowledged, but I'm afraid that not you nor I know what gown is truly meant to accentuate your form in such a way that you will be undeniably gorgeous. We must consult the spirits, if we wish to know  what will truly do you justice." A twisted smile etched across her face, and she gestured around her, whimsically. While her arms receded from their pointing positions, she dropped a small token into the minute hole beneath her desk, but she had slipped it so strategically there was no hope that the girls would have noticed.

Meanwhile, an eight year old boy lingered in a small room beneath the house, knowing by the echoes of his mistress' voice that he should be ready. When the trinket fell from above, he quickly pulled a chord...

And a shutter above the house, near the top of the dark room opened, and its beam reflected across a mirror. The oddly positioned draperies that spiraled from the ceiling would obscure the activities, as the beam of light bounced from mirror to mirror. Below, the Countess of Cloth pretended to convulse horribly, distracting the watchers even further. Finally, the light reflected from a final mirror, and was shot straight towards the glass ball, which illuminated with a burst as if it had sparked flames.

Suddenly, Marissa ceased her spasms, and peered into the scintillating sphere. "I see, I see... she murmured. Suddenly, the shutters closed, and the light was gone. "The spirits have chosen your gowns... They expect a high price for the quality of the materials and the difficulty of the cuts. Let us begin, with your measurements." A long tape, with minute markings lining its edge, was produced from the folds of her dress rapidly, and she first grasped the hand of the maiden and, beckoned for her to lift her arms and such, whilst recording the information. The two girls gossiped avidly, while Marissa slaved away. Finally, having completed with the first girl, she proceeded to the second, calling out numbers to what seemed to be no one, yet after spending time in the tailor's shop, many would know that things aren't always as they appear with her.

Lora the Barmaid

At first Lora watched dubiously as the strange woman measured Rina, noting again her relentless scrutiny, but when the woman proceeded to her, she began to talk to distract herself from the tailor's condescending nature. "I heard that Princess Shiana is courting. They say the man's gorgeous: tall, with broad shoulders, and stunning green eyes. I always thought since she was a priestess and all she'd remain chaste, but who knows with celebrities these days. I mean, everyone says she's "the face of kindness" but wouldn't it be so typical for a princess to have a secret life. No? If I save up enough money, and I mean a lot, I'm so going to visit the capital and try to see her. Ever since she was enrolled in Seyella's priesthood, she's been having clerical visions, or so they say, and I'd LOVE to get a consultation from a princess. No wonder she was appointed her brother's royal advisor."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:28:17 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 02:21:54 AM »

Rina:

As the mysterious elfess went to her counter, Rina followed her with big eyes: She knew that something would happen now. She should not be disappointed. With even bigger eyes she saw an amazing show of lights throughout the whole room. She clapped her hands once in excitement as the glass ball in front of the tailor exploded in colourful rays of light. "The spirits have chosen your gowns... They expect a high price for the quality of the materials and the difficulty of the cuts. Let us begin, with your measurements." Rina chuckled childishly as she heard the woman speak these words. She had expected something like that.

Rina knew money was not an issue and relaxedly let this strange elfess take her measures while she was chatting with Lora. “I know!”, she said, “I heard rumours, too. I couldn’t believe that she has found another man worth her love again. After prince Aldin Asaen was killed in ’37 I heard she was devastated. ‘Accident’, ha!,” she spat the last words, “do you believe that? I think there was no way that he died such a short time before the wedding accidentally. Nobility!” While she was in Lora’s company, she turned to the working class girl she was and even forgot that she was serving a noble woman. “But I hope the man, do you know his name?, is not only handsome. He must be of a noble soul to attract princess Shiana! He’s probably not a Santharian, is he? Well, after all, she is a human being and needs to be loved, right? Oh, it must be fantastic just to be close to her! I’d love to see the princess, too, but what chances do we simple girls have to meet such a noble person?”

While she waited for the tailor to finish her measurements and what would happen next – maybe choosing cloths? How exciting! – she thought that she just loved this day.

Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 09:39:16 AM »

Lora the Barmaid

It was blatantly apparent after the first few seconds that Rina and Lora had plenty in common. Of course, Lora had only heard some snitches of convrersations, but it seemed that she wasn't entirely in the wrong with her facts. Celia would never chat idly like this; she preferred to sit and... ponder odd things. Like the meaning of life and whatever. Boring!

"Oh, that's been dubious way before it happened. Quite old news hun, but I remember I was stunned when I first heard of it. Of course it was all years before I was born, its still an explosive topic today." A tinkly laugh escaped her lips. "My thoughts exactly Rina. I'd love to no more about him, but it's all heresay anyways, and I absolutely hate how I only get tiny snippits of conversations. He's almost certainly from that western continent -Niballmeh, was it?- but exotic nonetheless, that is assuming he's not merely a figment of some gossip's imagination." The petite barmaid raised her arms due to a quick gesture from Marissa, and allowed the tape to wrap around her.

Releasing a small sigh, lurid whims of what such an excursion would be like wafted about her ever dreaming head. "Well, us girls can at least dream, right? You've got a better chance then me. I'm sure your Mistress has plenty of such opportunities with her affluence, rich people are always only concerned with talking to other rich people, it seems."

Marissa the Tailor

Oh how chatty the little girls were, but Marissa faintly recalled her younger self. Although, at that time she had still lived amongst the Quaelhorrhim, and the elves there were a bit different from human girls. Yet, she had wandered off with that dark boy in the Rovers, and here she was. Hopefully her mother would have been proud of her, after all her people had always been the most welcoming of other races compared to the rest of the secluded tribes.

"If I may interrupt for just a second girls, the numbers have all been recorded, and so I believe it may be time to reveal some plans I have for your gowns -and let you make a few selections, of course- but the spirits do know best when it comes to fashion. And their opinions are a tad expensive my deeah's so you best embrace their judgements." A ripple of laughter rung sweet and rich from her lovely throat.

Pirouetting about, she scavenged the counter before finding two swatches of colored cloths, presenting them before the handmaiden first. One was a deep burgundy, made of freshly spun spilk from the Lu'an moth. The other was of the same material, yet a deep green instead. "With the green, I think accents of etherflake, in a slightly lighter shade would be beautiful. Yet, I think that purplish feathers would mingle stunningly with the burgundy of the other hue. Since it is your dress, I suppose you could select another hue, but the spirits are concrete in their belief that either of these would make the perfect dress for you, and I wholeheartedly agree with them."

Her eyes wandered to the petite barmaiden, who looked a bit bored in her idle state. "I promise we'll get to you next, hun. Let's just let this one pick out her fabrics and then we'll get to you." Shifting her gaze to the handmaiden she said, "And once you finish with this selection we can have a little fun with the day dress. We'll definitely use rock moss for that, a nice firm, practical material. But I won't put to much on your plate: Green or burgundy?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:05:12 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 07:32:47 AM »

Rina:

Rina was just about to say that her mistress does indeed meet other noble people every once in a while but that she had been to the capital only twice....and both times she did not have an opportunity to see the princess. However, the moment she opened her mouth, the tailor interrupted the chat of the girls. She went behind the counter and produced two amazing swatches of cloth, one more beautiful than the next. The elfess approached Rina, presented the two swatches: "And once you finish with this selection we can have a little fun with the day dress. We'll definitely use rock moss for that, a nice firm, practical material. But I won't put to much on your plate: Green or burgundy?"

Rina was utterly impressed and put slowly a hand to touch the soft cloth. This material just felt like her mistresses dresses and she couldn't believe that she soon would also wear such an exquisite material. Her heart beat faster in the anticipation of looking into a mirror, wearing her new dress. As to the colours, her decision was made before she knew it. Burgundy, of course, although the green looked amazing as well and she knew her mistress would love the colour. But it was her dress: "Burgundy, milady, please. This cloth feels fantastic! Look, Lora. Have you ever felt something like that? God, I'm so excited!" she almost shrieked the last words. Yes, this was one of the best days in a long time. But now she was curious what her new friend would choose.

Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »

Lora the Barmaid

Reaching out her petite digits to stroke the wine-hued material, she agreed with Rina that it was delightful to touch. The color was quite pretty as well, but the barmaid preferred lighter, pastel shades. Faintly smoothing down the short skirt of her dress, she watched as the tailor fetched another two swatches for her.

Unlike Rina's, the material was not crafted of fine silk. "I figured you'd be fine with just a day dress, deeah, nothing fancy. I don't know who crafted that one you have on, but it looks nice on you. There isn't actually a selection for you, I just need your consent. We're gonna have a main body of this one and accents with the other." The first was a light lavender shade, and Lora had to admit it was nice. It was a coarse material, probably rock moss. The ribbons, which were the same shade as what she expected for the embroidery, were hot pink.

"I suppose those are fine with me, Marissa. Though I'm not one to argue with the spirits."

Marissa the Tailor

"Good, of course you're not going to argue." Vainly, Marissa flipped her long, brown hair behind her shoulder, flaunting the profusion of rich curls to the group. "I'm going to work on your dresses now; I have mannequins for every size and shape, so I don't need you personally for this. My work is tedious, and I'd love it if you didn't disturb me. Perhaps you have some other shopping to do in the mean time? Come back in about an hour. I work with precision and speed. Then we'll have a bit more fun with the day dress, hun."

Hurrying over to the door, she opened it quickly while, gesturing for them to leave. The petite barmaid hurried out, to Marissa's satisfaction. Why had she been in such a hurry to expel them? Why had she been so adamant in the spirit's selection? Hah! She had already made dresses of those shades for that type of build, and now they languished in the store room. Finally they would be put to use, and she would get paid a very pretty penny for them. It wasn't that they weren't high quality, but they weren't exactly 'custom' made, but who cared? Now she had an hour of free time, to lounge about and enjoy herself. Perhaps she should fetch that man... he would provide some passion for the afternoon.

You may proceed posting in the Southwestern District thread, Belyan.

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 06:02:30 AM »

Rina:

As the girls arrived at Lutone’s Fine Clothing, Rina couldn’t help to feel another shiver of excitement: She hoped that the strange elfess had already finished her dress so she could wear it with her new jewellery and show it to Belyan. She couldn’t wait. As Lora pushed the door open, Rina expected another huge surprise. But nothing happened. Actually, the shop was empty. “Ha!” She thought, “this time I’ll be prepared, Lady!”. She closely watched every mannequin but neither of it was the tailor, at least as far as she could tell. The room was indeed empty.

“Hey Lora, I don’t trust this woman. She surely has prepared something. Or maybe she is just busy working, we’re early after all. But we should watch our back”, she whispered. Since she became a little bit nervous, she clinged to her bag and looked around. She cleared her throat: “Excuse me? Lady Lutone?”

Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »

Marissa the Tailor

Marissa lounged about on the couch, wearing a pristine, white gown, that had two large, feathered, artificial wings protruding from the back of it. They were made from dove feathers, a fine material, and she loved the way their silky tips tickled the back of her neck. And rather than being fused to a stiff carboard form, these were attached to a spilken cloth, which was draped over a metal frame. She had gotten the basics of the design from a brownie, who claimed that the little people could actually fly with theirs. Well, she was far to heavy to fly on wings of delicate spilk, though she liked to think otherwise, as her outfit clealry exhibited.

Idly raising the golden glass of wine to her crimson lips, she threw back the deluge of rich, chocolate curls, whilst relishing in the flavor of the cool liquid. With her other hand, she fingered a menagerie of meldarapples, before selecting the plumpest, juicy one, and dipping it in the jar of thick honey that rested beside it on the small table. The petite boy who she had taken in as a servant painted her toenails with his tiny fingers, a light pink hue. Although she had been immersed in rapture, buried beneath the abyssal depths of her utter splendor, the cry pierced her shield of bliss, a distant intrusion, which she would have preferred to avoid.

Absently, she gestured at the small boy, who quickly uncaged the doves, and attached their feet to the appropriate parts of the gown. With a flick of her wrists, the doves flew into the main room, several suspending a marvelous, burgundy gown, and the other a light lavender day dress. As they reached the front door where the two girls were standing, they dropped the two decorative garbs, and proceeded to fly out of a window that swung open at their approach.

Peering out of a window to be sure that the girls had caught their dresses, Marissa giggled a little as the skirt of the lavender one landed on the petite barmaid's head, making her lost in the material. After the two had gained control over their apparel, she stepped flamboyantly from the curtains that veiled her back room, and announced her presence with a rich, alto voice. "Welcome back, my deeahs. You caught me off my guard, being a little early, but I manage to make the dresses in time, nevertheless. You don't even need to say it; I already know I'm amazing." Her laughter rung gaudily througout the room, like thick honey, accompained by the tinkle of the masses of bracelets upon her slender wrists.

Stepping towards the female pair, she adressed them with a bit more serious tone. "Now, about payment. The gown will be 30 sans exactly, a street robbery for me, I assure you, but I've always been of the generous type." Letting out a feigned laugh at her own joke, she proceeded, veiling the excitement that bubbled in her as she prepared to garner her reward. "And the day-dress will be 25. I'm sure you'll both look stunning in them. So, feel free to run along quickly so you can try them on once you pay. I know you wanted a day dress as well dahling, but it will have to wait until tomorrow as I'm exhausted right now, having poured my soul into those two gowns. I was just finishing the last stitch when you walked in; how you two overexert me! Please, don't feel guilty, just wait until tomorrow for that, and give me a little tip." Giggling slightly she held out her hand for the payment before concluding, "I jest, my deeahs, I jest."

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 11:33:46 PM »

Rina:

Once again, Rina’s mouth dropped into a gape as she saw little doves carrying the dresses and dropped them exactly into the right hands. As the soft, and slightly cold, burgundy spilk fell into Rina’s hand a shiver went down her spines. She’d never had a dress like this before. She saw some aristocratic children in Cavthan wearing similar ones, but this was hers! “This is so beautiful!”, she whispered. Lora’s lavender day-dress was not less awesome. And so was the price. Today, Rina spent more money than in her entire life before: with the other dress due tomorrow, she spent a whole Silverbard on a single shopping trip! She gave the woman 31 san, she was not used to giving tips and was hence not sure whether that was enough: “Thank you very much, Milady. Do you mind when I wear the dress right now?” She didn’t wait for an answer, went to a nearby chair, took her used old dress off and slipped into the new burgundy dream.

“Look, Lora! I look so different right? I’ll surprise Nana with that. We’ll see whether she’ll even recognize me.” While she was talking to the barmaid she turned around, admired herself in a large mirror which was leaning at the wall and turned to her bag. “You know, it’s almost nine bells and she probably had more than two bottles of wine by now. She’ll be drunk!” She put her new jewellery on and said more to herself: “Oh my god, I look so….I don’t know, not like the maiden I am. I look like a true lady.” She laughed and tried to imitate her mistress’ sublime attitude for a minute. But while Rina looked at her image, she noticed that, for the first time in her life, she saw herself not as a maiden of a noblewoman, but as a young woman of 17 years. As she touched and caressed the marvellous dress and waited for Lora to pay an outrageous amount of money, Rina understood why her mistress has always wanted her to drink milk. She indeed was too skinny. And men like ladylike curves.

Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 11:10:57 PM »

Lora the Barmaid

As her friend changed, Lora dropped a few coins into the tailor's hand. It almost pained her to surrender the hallowed pieces of metal to the flaymoyant Marissa, but she had to admit she loved her new dress. Glancing over as her friend shouted her name, her lips parted slightly. Rina was the epitome of class; the sheer and utter feel of affluence dribbled from her like thick, gaudy honey. Holding her dress over her arm, she figured she'd wait until she was back at the tavern to try it on. It might get dirty out in the streets. "You certainly look very nice, Rina. Though we should probably be getting back to the tavern about now... Sometimes Celia has trouble keeping things under control without me..."

Marissa the Tailor

Marissa held out her hand eagerly when the coins were set in it, but immediately sobered after counting them. One san for a tip! This girl obviously had no experience in the realm, and her gown indicated that she could have easily spared far more. Then, the harlot went on to change into the dress in the shop, even after she had asked them to wait until they left to change! Crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently, she smiled briefly at the barmaid while accepting her pay, before continuing to glower at Rina, who took no notice as she gawked at her own image in the mirror.

"Oh yes, you look so beautiful." She spoke with a tinge of impatience in her voice. "But really, my girls, I have a lot to do. So if you could please hurry your exit a bit..." She was happy that the barmaid was eager to leave, hopefully she could convince her leisurely friend to get a move on. She had soooo much to do, such as lounging about luxuriously or dining on delicacies, and no time to spare for this waiting around. No, she wasn't a very hospitable shopkeeper, but everyone loved her dresses nonetheless.

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 11:32:19 PM »

Rina:

Rina was utterly amazed by her new outfit. She felt very good and she walked slightly more upright. However, she felt the urge to leave now to show the world, and her mistress, the new Rina. As she turned back to the tailor, she noticed her derogative look and was sure that her tip was ridiculous. She would give her more tomorrw: “Thanks again, milady, for this amazing piece of art! Have a lovely afternoon and I'll come tomorrow around noon for the daydress.”, she said to the elfess and turned to Lora: “Yeah let’s go back to the tavern. I’m starving anyway!”. As she linked her arms with Lora and the girls went to the door, Rina was thinking about her mistress. She was sure she was drunk and hoped that she still was in her room. Lady Cuivizanel can act very inappropriately when Rina is not there to look after her. She uttered a silent prayer and stepped outside into the sun. “This was a fantastic day, Lora, wasn’t it? Maybe we can do something after dinner tonight? I’m sure my mistress will be sunk in her own thoughts by then.”

Belyan Cuivizanel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]