Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fire Forge Smithy  (Read 6107 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« on: July 15, 2008, 03:46:44 AM »

Although the displays of items are inside, the exterior of the smithy may in fact be the most notable part of the building. Although all of Bardavos' buildings are colorful, their pastel hues don't quite jump out as much as the crimson walls of Fire Forge. In addition, a dense cloud of smoke ascends from the large, metal cylinder in the front of the establishment, as well as two chimneys atop the building.

After entering the bright red shop, you find that inside it is extremely hot, with dim lighting, that rather strains your eyes. Two large fires blaze in the left corner of the room, with a menagerie of tools upon a table next to them. A short man, of distinct Eyelian descent, scurries between the two tables, avidly plunging tools and metals into the fire. His accent can be a bit hard to distinguish, but he is very respectful to customers.

Pe'elpol the Metalworker
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:27:30 PM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Eophyrhim/ Kuglimz

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:13:15 AM »

Rina:

“Entire afternoon? Try your whole life, hun! But I’m being too rude. Lady Belyan is…erm…complicated sometimes, true. But once you get used to that it’s fine. She treats me more like a granddaughter, you know? Can you believe that my grandma was her nanny and my mum her first maiden? Well, I wonder which career my daughter will have if I ever will have one!”
After she finished this rather thoughtless little speech, Rina went silent. She really did love her Nana, for sure. But her mistress was planning something, she knew it!

As she agreed to go to the Fire Forge first and then go back to the tavern, Rina followed Lora with a snarling stomach and thought: “It’s not the first time Nana buys me a dress, but this one is so expensive! And then a second one? And jewellery? Could it be that…o my god: Nana wants to get me married! That’s why we’re here in Bardavos, she wants to find me a husband!.” She blushed and a shiver went down her spines. “Of course: Since we’ve arrived she wants me to walk, talk and act like a lady. She hasn’t even asked me to unpack her luggage!”

Her thoughts were interrupted as Lora stopped in front of a crimson-coloured Smithy, which seemed quite busy according to the steam which was emerging from this metal cylinder in front of her and the two chimneys. "I don't know if I can stand the heat inside the place, though, it's simply sweltering!" she heard Lora saying, so she smiled at her, opened the heavy and went inside. She immediately understood what the barmaid meant: The extreme heat of this place made her sweat instantly and her eyes hurt. She had not expected to buy jewellery here; she had a cozy little shop in mind, where a pale, skinny lady would smile brightly behind glass showcases full of expensive jewellery.

As she walked towards the short busy man, she thought that no heat in the world would not hinder Lora to shop for jewellery. Rina was sure that the little girl just hadn’t any money left and so she decided to get a small ring for her. She was just too nice to her today and Rina was sure this was not the last day they would go out together. She cleared her throat: “Excuse me, good sir? I was wondering whether you might show me a set of small earrings and a necklace?” She said out loud. “Oh, and a small ring maybe?”. She was excited to see what the man had to offer but her smile was in pleasant anticipation of Lora’s face.

"I'm so tired! Rina, would you pass me a glass of wine, darling?"
Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:52:15 AM »

Pe'elpol the Metalworker

The short man immediately set down his tongs as the customers entered, knowing that it was disrespectful to make them wait. As the woman spoke, he scurried across the mess of tools that defined the floor, and over to the two girls. Giving a toothy grin at the two of them, he nodded faintly, speaking slowly, clear that he was a bit new to the language, and selecting each word carefully before speaking it. "O' course ah do, ma'am. Le' meh run an' grab some o' them for you."

Crossing the room meekly, he unlocked a heavy chest, and a scintillating glow filled the room as the profusion of metals inside caught the light of the fire. Radiant golds and stunning silvers sparkled in the chest, often with a precious gem set in them. Grabbing a few of the necklaces, and a matching set of ear rings for each one, he also picked out three different rings that might suit the girls' fancy. Walking back and smiling broadly, he held up his crafts, relishing in the awe that was evident on the maidens' faces.

It was always like that. They entered looking scornful about the scroungry appearance of the shop, despite the fact that such surroundings were necessary to make proper jewelry. Then he showed them the jewelry. They didn't complain after that. "Ah haf three o' each one you asked for, ma'am. You may se'ect which ones you desire." He grinned once again, listening closely for the maiden's answer.

Feel free to use your imagination in making up whatever types of jewelry he might be holding, Belyan. Big Grin
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:42:18 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »

Rina:

"Ah haf three o' each one you asked for, ma'am. You may se'ect which ones you desire.", the short man said. But these words did not really enter Rina’s brain. The very moment the smith opened the impressive chest, Rina’s jaws seemed to lose their contact to the rest of her head. Open mouthed and with huge eyes she just couldn’t digest what she was looking at. She clearly had not expected this: A short, dark-skinned, rough man in a hot smithy turned out to be one of the most polite persons she had met in ages…and then this:

Jewellery in all shapes, sizes and colours. Pearls, sumptuous gems in various forms and designs, composed in all kinds of material. She was even sure to see a piece made of mithril. How could something so fine, so pretty be produced in such a rough environment? She was just too impressed to finish her thoughts. Her gleaming eyes just wandered among this exquisite choice. “Oh my god! This. Is. So. Beautiful!”, she whispered. Even her mistress would be impressed by this collection, she was sure. She thought Lora would wait outside, but was not surprised at all to see the pretty girl next to her, as mesmerized by these pieces as she was: “Lora! Look!” she said.

In her thoughts she counted the money she carried with her, although this was not necessary: “Well”, she thought, “Nana wanted me to get some matching pieces, right?” After she studied all pieces, she chose a golden necklace with a small, shimmering white pearl in the form of a drop as well as matching earrings. “I’ll get these”, she said and pointed a shaky finger at her choice. “What do you want Lora? Choose a ring! I’ll pay for it…and don’t worry. Believe me: Lady Cuivizanel gave me enough money. She wouldn’t even notice it.” She was surprised about her own audaciousness, but if Nana hold some secrets from her, why shouldn’t she? Yes, Rina was in an utter shopping spree. Fixing her eyes at her set, she produced her purse and put it on the counter. It’s weight seemed somehow to prove her last words.

Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »

Lora the Barmaid

Petite lips parted in awe at the spectacular pieces that draped over the man's fingers, she definitely approved when Rina selected some fine, pearl collections. However, it was the handmaiden's next utterance that truly caught her attention, and made her gape widen just a bit farther. Smoothing down the short skirt of her dress, her fingers gently caressed the rough material, as she smiled weakly at her friend, a minuscule tear welling in her eye, but not traversing down her face. She hadn't expected to get any jewelry, since she would already be spending a massive amount of money on the dress, and Cristoph would be driven to hysterics if he saw a gem on her finger.

"Thank you so much, Rina. I never expected me to wear a ring like that in my life. I'll get the one with the pearl in it, so we'll match!" Fighting back the urge to embrace the girl, as it would be a tinge bit awkward, she turned back to the smith, and allowed him to place the pearl ring in her hands. Gently cradeling the masterpiece with her diminutive digits, Lora once again stifled a few tears of sheer gratitude. Absently, she slipped it onto her third finger, entranced by the beauty of the opaque sphere.

Pe'elpol the Metalworker

The small Eyelian was shocked by the dark-haired girl's flippancy with money, she seemed exceedingly nonchalant discarding it. Most customers felt awkward purchasing even one of his pieces, yet this girl had just bought three of his finest works, with seemingly no regret. And how sweet it was to offer one to her obviously poorer friend.

Bending in further, as was the custom do to the mass of the price, he told the handmaiden quietly, "Thah' will beh forty-five sahn in ah, milady. Ah am sure you will beh pleased with yoh purchase." The look of utter awe on her companion's face was typical, and he hoped that the two were aware of how much they were spending before selecting their purchases. Perhaps that was why she had been so leisurely; she didn't know how massive the price was? Extending a slightly plump hand, he awaited the few coins. This was why he had left his native lands for the modern cities: to become a smith. You got used to the heat eventually and it fetched an excellent price.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:39:38 PM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Belyan Cuivizanel
Forlorn Lady Commenter
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 09:36:15 PM »

Rina:

As the smith carefully placed the small, beautiful pearl ring in Lora’s hand, Rina delightfully noticed how happy the small girl was. She knew how that feels. Although she used to be a modest girl, Rina would lie if she said she was not bothered at all by all the luxuries her mistress possessed. She did not want to create the same feelings in her new friend. Moreover, she absolutely agreed with Lora’s choice. The ring surely was fantastic. But her attention was abruptly caught as the smith laid the earrings and the necklace into a black box, garnished with thick, dark red fabric. She couldn’t wait to wear her new dress and then put her new jewellery on.

However, the next words of the smith immediately ended her daydreaming: "Thah' will beh forty-five sahn in ah, milady. Ah am sure you will beh pleased with yoh purchase." Well, she utterly acquiesced in the latter words but she hadn’t at all expected this price. She had no idea how much jewellery was actually worth. Most of her friends in Cavthan didn’t even earn this amount of many in a year. She hoped her mistress wouldn’t ask for the price as she counted the requested amount out of the purse, which now was significantly lighter, and put the coins into the small man’s hand. “Here, good sir, and be assured that these pieces are the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen in my life. Please accept my esteem. Have a lovely day!”. She then put the box and the purse back in her bag and turned to Lora: “I’m so excited! What do you reckon, shall we go back to the tailor’s? I just can’t wait to see the dresses! Besides, I’m starving! Seriously.”

As the two girls opened the heavy door and entered the sunlight, which was rather cool compared to the inside of the smithy, she whispered to Lora: “Just do me a favour and do not show my mistress the ring. Even if it’s not very likely she would be suspicious, it’s just, you know: Don’t awaken the Sleeping Dragon!” She chuckled at her own little joke.

Belyan Cuivizanel
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 12:25:41 AM »

I'm going to proceed posting in the Southeastern District with Lora soon. It hasn't quite been an hour yet, so we better wander back to the Sleeping Dragon first, to finally get you fed! :D

Santhos Avathcin
Guardian of the Shady Grove
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Allenrhim/ Centoraurian

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 10:29:24 PM »

Santhos stared in awe as he entered the smithy, it was beautiful, by far more then the outside. With the furnaces blazing and hundreds of smithing tools hanging on the walls, some he had only seen in books and that was saying something, he felt that he was home again just for a second. He walked further into the building bursting with joy. He noticed another, short man there and made a beeline for him. "Excuse me sir but are you the owner of this fine establishment? If so then I would like to ask for a job. I am quite skilled with a hammer and many other implements." Santhos said excitedly as he revealed an arrangement of smithing instruments in his pack. Santhos returned his eyes to the man hoping for a positive answer or at least some further questions. If there was one thing that would spoil his day it would be to be kicked out of this wonderful building.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:09:33 PM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

The Dullest Pencil Remembers Longer Then the Sharpest Mind.

Santhos Avathcin
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 10:51:06 AM »

Pe'elpol the Metalworker

Grasping his prongs, Pe'el quickly grabbed the ring of metal and removed it from the fire, before quickly switching out his larger tool for a smaller set. Deftly, he set a tiny ruby onto the ring of gold, and swiftly fused the two together by plunging the ring into the fire. Lifting up the instrument, with the jewlery on the end, his shrewd eye inspected the minute jewel, and he found that the piece was to his satisfaction. Due to the heat of the room, his hands were slicked with a layer of sweat, to the point that he could have dropped the tongs had he not been careful. And that was almost how the event transpired when a tall man rushed up behind him and launched a torrent of inquiries at the shocked Eyelian. However, he managed to retain his grasp.

Listening quietly to the man's questions, his head nodded slightly, to acknowledge he had heard. When he had finished his utterance, the newcomer looked at Pe'el expectantly, but the petite Eyelian remaind silent. After a few long moments, he looked up at the man, and searched his dark brown eyes. After a while he spoke, stretching his hunched over back as he did so, and releasing a big sigh. Tharian had never been his strong suit, and he paused often to think of his next word before continuing. "I have... never had an... employee before." The little man remained silent for a long while before continuing. "But... It may be time that I... take on... some extra help."

Flexing his tiny, arthiritic fingers, he noted how his body was getting old. Fifty was quite a number of years. "Though... If you are the... one I am seeking...?" He shruged his little shoulders, noticing a small pain in his back. He had to admit that the tools were of moderate quality that the man had produced, but that did not necessarily indicate any skill in the art. Glancing at the man, he proceeded across the room and hefted over the lid of his trunk, sending out a small blaze of light from the scintillating metals inside. Setting the new ring inside, he turned back towards the man, and posed a questiokn of his own. "Perhaps... you would... like to, make something for me right now. I have all the... metals and gems... available; all you would need. A small... feat, of sorts... to, oh, prove your worth I suppose." Looking the proposed employee up and down, he tried to see if there was even a flicker of uncertainty in his posture, but the man seemed eager and confident enough. If only his spirit, which was blatant, translated into his work. He would be exactly the man Pe'el needed.

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »

Upon hearing the challenge Santhos' eyes practically glowed with delight. A goblet, made of gold he decided yes, that would impress the man. Santhos leaped to work immediately seizing any already unused gold and the tools he would need. He brought the gold to the furnace and started to work.

Work he did, to him it seemed like hours and during this time he did the work of two men softening the gold and shaping it into a slender goblet of amazing beauty and pounding out other smaller sheets and started to impress upon these sheets the patterns of delicate leaves leaves, vines and golden berries. Into the stem of the goblet he melded these vines twisting them around the stem in a delicate pattern, and finally with one last touch he set a pattern of jewels into the base and folded the gold around it encasing the jewels into the goblet. He quickly cooled it and stepped back to admire his handy work. Before him stood a goblet of such amazing beauty and pattern that only kings would be able to afford it easily. The leaves seemed to be real and sway delicately in a breeze that was never there, the berries seemed edible and succulent the vines strong and the whole thing seemed to glow as if knowing that this was a magnificent day and it was a time to shine. Something like this might have taken hours to create but Santhos had cut that time down by far. Here, the fruits of his labor was something that few dwarves could even make. He turned to the smith breathing heavy and waited for his reply. "What do you think." was all he said.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:28:02 AM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 11:59:21 AM »

Pe'elpol the Metalworker

Pe'elpol noticed with a tinge of satisfaction that the proposed employee rushed into his assignment with the vigor of a dedicated worker and an almost infantile state of eagerness. Watching as he continuously plunged the metal into the flames, before pounding or scratching it with the various instruments, he nodded to himself as noticed that the man was following all of the proper procedures. After watching the initial steps of the process, he averted his gaze, as to lend a bit of surprise to the finished product, and studied the patterns in the ashes and stray chunks of ores that lined the dirt floor.

The sound of the man's voice roused him from his study of the earthen base, and he looked up, before inhaling a short breath of awe. When the man had described himself as 'quite skilled' he had not quite done himself justice. The details were simply intricate, especially considering the minute amount of time that had actually transpire in the crafting of the object. However, what he noticed most, was that the object he had produced was a cup.

Most younger folk would have attempted an impressive blade or a stunning necklace, depending upon their nature, but this was a much different endeavor. So much more can be endowed upon such an ornament, then a device of destruction, and the sheer ingenuity in the choice struck a pleasant chord with Pe'el. The petite blacksmith moved towards the man, and grasped the smooth surface of the golden container in his age-lined hand. Tossing back a black braid, with strands of grey streaking its filaments, he admired the goblet and held its polished surface close to his face. "I'm afraid you have no place as my employee here, good sir." Taking in a deep breath he opened his parched lips to continue. "The only position you will hold in this establishment is as my equal and my acquantince. Welcome to Fire Forge Smithy, sir. Now that we are going to be working together, perhaps you would like to gift me with your name. As for myself, I go by Pe'el."

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 09:24:55 PM »

Santhos practically exploded with delight, he could hardly control himself. He had watched the man examine his work with surprise and great wonder. There was no greater reward then having your work praised even if only in the mind. As the man started to speak Santhos' heart sank but when he heard the man complete his sentence he was filled with joy. "My name is Santhos Avathcin, son of Gareth, Baleck and Sinpoore all dwarves my friend. Indeed I do hope to become friends and that I will get to know this city like the back of my hand." realizing that he had started to ramble, he stopped talking and focused his attention on Pe'el.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 09:25:22 PM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 06:31:29 AM »

Silmarwen peered into the brightly colored and somewhat heated smithy with a worried look on her face. She looked down at the white form of her dog at her feet who had curiously started into the room, and her paws blackened with some stray coall dust. Fley (the dog) stepped back and sat on Silmarwen's feet and looking up, she wined. She wasn't fond of getting dirty. Silmarwen shrugged at her dog and stepped into the smithy, suddenly noticing the two figures not to far from her. One was unusually short, she noted, and the other a tall and somewhat handsome young man. When she laid eyes on him she groaned inwardly. Oh help, she thought to herself. They seemed to be talking about something of importance, and that the young man looked very excited. Then she took a deep intake of breath as she saw what the shorter man was holding. It was a beautiful cup wrought out of gold. It's details and ornamentations were simply breathtaking!

She hesitated, trying to think of what she would say. She was sure it wasn't every day a young elven girl came walking into a forge. But she decided to carry on with her resolution to explore all the interesting places she happened upon, and trying to build up her courage she entered, leaving a sulking Fley behind. She wondered by the entrance for awhile biding her time until someone noticed her.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:42:35 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 12:37:46 PM »

Pe'elpol the Metalworker

Polishing the ornate container to a further sheen on the rough material of his shirt, Pe'el listened as his new worker spoke. Holding the goblet before Santhos, he said, "It is your fine work, my friend, keep it." Flicking his gaze towards a slow movement by the door, he continued a bit quieter, so that she would not here him speak. "Unless you'd like to sell it to your first customer. I'll let you take care of her, just to handle your people skills."

Crossing to the threshold of the room where the pretty woman stood, he spoke, continue his trend of methodic, slow sentences. "Welcome to Fire Forge Smithy, milady. Would you like to purchase anything? I have some business to attend to in the back, but my co-worker will assist you if that is fit to your desires." Giving a small bow of his head, he met eyes with the white lump that sat on her feet, and a small shiver ran through his spine. He had always had a deathly fear of animals, since he had been expelled from his tribe, who had loved the beasts so much.

Walking hastily away, he nodded at Santhos, indicating that he was to handle it. Brushing aside a small curtain with his gnarled, age-marred hand, Pe'el entered the small bedroom in the back. Next to the curtain he had entered, there was another, leading into a bedroom that the Eyelian had always reserved for his guests. Not that he had any. The new partner could stay there, if he wanted. Moving a small chair silently to the gap that served as his door, he peered out to evaluate Santhos' skills as a shopkeeper.

Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »

Silmarwen looked up with a surprised look as he started walking away. "But - oh dear."    She really did not want to be left alone with this stranger, and she had no intention of buying anything! But I would love to know who made that cup! she thought. She looked helplessly down at Fley (Who ignored her) back at the doorway, and then looked to the man standing in front of her. She quickly looked down at her feet again. What now?

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]