Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fire Forge Smithy  (Read 6106 times)
Santhos Avathcin
Guardian of the Shady Grove
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Allenrhim/ Centoraurian

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 09:47:34 PM »

As Pe'el walked away Santhos' mind was going berserk. If Pe'el hadn't said people skills he might be fine but that was the one thing he knew he didn't have especially with a woman as fine as this one. It was probably best to be straightforward but polite. Here goes nothing The woman looked almost as distraught and nervous as he was. He tried to take on what looked like a confident pose but he seemed to have failed. "Hello my name is Santhos how can I help you?" He looked for an answer and tried to see what was going on behind the grey eyes all he could see was determination and a little fear. Who knows maybe this wont be so bad after all.

The Dullest Pencil Remembers Longer Then the Sharpest Mind.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 04:16:11 AM »

Silmarwen tried to avoid his eyes, looking around the room nervously, anywhere was better than that. She looked at Fley, her feet, the ceiling to floor, nothing seemed to work. Finally she looked right at Santhos, surprised at what she saw. He seemed almost as nervous as she did! When she saw this she lightened up a little bit. He couldn't be that bad. She wet her lips nervously and spoke. "Hello, my names Silmarwen. I was just wondering..."    She hesitated, and finally burst out, "Who made that goblet? It's simply gorgeous!"

She stepped back surprised at how loud she had said it. She bashfully looked down and then back at Santhos waiting for an answer.

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 04:27:59 AM »

Santhos blushed at the woman's outburst but quickly recovered. He answered nervously "Uh, I did, do wish to buy it?" Wow what kind of idiot am "I do you wish to buy it" I sound like even more of an idiot then I am he thought, well there's no taking back spoken words. He hoped for the best and tried to hold eye contact though there was something that made him turn his gaze from the elfesses giant gray eyes. He noticed the dog and his hand immediately went to the quivering lump in his pocket to protect her. Melody had had some serious problems with dogs in the past and was still horribly afraid of them. Lets just hope this is a nice dog He turned his gaze up to see that the woman was responding to his idiotic words.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 04:39:27 AM »

Silmarwen looked around again embarrassed for both herself and Santhos. She tried several times to answer, not knowing what to say. "Oh, you made . . . and . . . oh dear."    An awkward silence brought further uncomfortable pressure on the conversation.  But it was Fley that broke it. Not caring about dirtying herself anymore, she got up, her nose twitching. She walked around the room for a moment and then stopped right next to Santhos. She took a deep sniff and suddenly stood up, leaning her front paws on his legs (and leaving dirty black paw prints on him much to Silmarwen's horror). She sniffed again and pointed to his hand, with her nose.  The same hand which had just gone up to his pocket, which Silmarwen realized was moving. Fley sat down and stared whining anxiously, wagging her tail.

Silmarwen finally got up the courage to say, "She's good with animals..."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:41:47 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 04:56:23 AM »

Santhos was horror struck as the dog leapt on him sniffing all around obviously this dog had smelled Melody and was likely going to chase her around the smithy. O dear he thought now the forge will be ruined by a clumsy dog and I'll be fired, but then the dog suddenly sat down. Santhos let out a huge sigh of relief. Hearing the girls comment he said "What difference would it make to me?" but then he mouthed the word "Ximaxian" to her so his new boss couldn't see. If Pe'el finds out that I brought a Ximaxian rat with me I will surely get fired. He tried to plead with his eyes to the girl to try and make her understand that she shouldn't tell anyone.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 05:05:24 AM »

Silmarwen smiled, despite herself. She liked this Santhos. "I see. I meant to say she's good with people. But I'm afraid she didn't make a very good impression. Sorry about her paws she's not really careful about that stuff..."    She was surprised about how easier it was to talk to him now that Santhos showed some love for animals. "Well, I am very impressed with the cup but I didn't bring much money, which this cup must be worth a lot of."      she said regretfully. She leaned in closer and whispered to Santhos, hoping she wouldn't be heard. "I'll try to get Fley to stop. And mind if I ask what his or her name is?    She indicated the pocket.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 05:07:01 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 05:34:27 AM »

"Melody" he whispered back "and thank you." He was liking Silmarwen more and more it was hard to find someone who didn't mind a Ximaxian rat. "Yes I would imagine it is worth alot," He said louder so his boss could hear him as he brushed the dirty paw prints off. "but I don't know who I would sell it to who has that much money. I guess I'll have to lower the price what do you think?" He doubted that she would be able to give a real price but he wanted her input anyway, she seemed like a nice person and he didn't know why but he had started wondering what she thought of him and his work. This is just too weird I've only just met the girl and already I value her opinion.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 05:50:46 AM »

Silmarwen smiled at him. "Well, I most likely won't be buying anything, unless I earn some money with my poetry here in Bardavos. But I'm sure it'll be snatched away as soon as another customer comes in. And Melody is a Beautiful name. I would wish to meet her sometime."    She smiled at their constant raising and lowering of voices. She guessed it had something to do with the owner of the shop. She hoped she wasn't causing him any trouble, by not buying the cup and by bringing Fley into the shop. "I would like to know how you run the place here, and how you could create anything that contains such intricate beauty. "    

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 06:08:20 AM »

"I doubt any one is going to buy this cup any time soon." He answered with a chuckle "They would have to be alarmingly rich. Maybe you can now, I might be able to get off of work for a bit. I've only just been hired." Her smile was a beautiful thing to be seen and it would be easier to talk to her if they didn't have to whisper. "I don't know how Pe'el runs the shop very much but I do know how that cup was made I can answer that at least. Wait," Santhos suddenly realized something she said "you write poetry?" For the second time that day a sad glazed expression came over his face as he remembered Gareth, one of his fathers, reciting beautiful poetry to him when he was a boy and memories of reading poetry in the trees to pass the time. He pulled himself back to the present to she what she had to say.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 06:15:08 AM »

Silmarwen looked worried, as a sort of sad look came to his eyes as he asked the last question. What if she had offended him by saying that? Or maybe he had had a bad past with something to do with poetry... Oh stop it, Silmarwen! Don't assume things so easily. She nodded her head and slowly answered. "Yes, I write poetry, which is, frankly, the reason I came to Bardavos. It would be nice to get off somewhere where. . . uh , you know."  She looked down at Fley who was still looking at Santhos's pocket. Silmarwen looked back at Santhos and finished by repeating, "You know  . . ."    and laughed quietly.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 06:20:50 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 06:58:57 AM »

Pe'elpol the Metalworker

Continuing to peer through the minute gap in the curtain, he watched, as a perplexed look etched across his face.  It was obviouvs to the elderly smith that the two were getting to know each other well, but there didn't seem to be much selling going on. Occasionally, there was an interval of silence, in which he could hear what he thought to be whispers, but his hearing was fading on him, so he couldn't be sure. When they began speaking louder, he thought he heard Santhos asking for a break, and emerged from his spying spot.

"If you want off work, feel free to ask." He smiled with a knowing glitter in his eye, and watched how the dog stared at Santhos, as if he were some luscious piece of prey. Shrugging softly to himself he continued. "There isn't much to do at the moment, with most of the customers of the day having already passed through, so there's probably no harm in you wandering off for a bit. Get a bite to eat this afternoon, before everyone's walking around to get their supper, and we can lure them in off the streets." He concluded in a stage whipser, as if he didn't want the pretty elfess to hear. "And see if you can't convince her to buy anything when you come back."

Chuckling hoarsly, he glanced at the woman to guage her reaction. He smiled knowingly once more, while nodding, before receding back into his study. Assuming they would leave, he didn't bother to keep spying, and sat down at a small desk intstead, totaling a few prices on a sheet of paper.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 07:01:02 AM by Eléyr Fásamár » Logged

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]