Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Satinbel Instruments  (Read 5742 times)
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« on: July 30, 2008, 07:11:26 AM »

Standing before you is a grand building constructed of pure white marble with deep red trimmings. The entrance is a wide double door covered with intricate carvings and a single bell attached to each one at approximately eye level. The building has two floors with each floor containing several windows, at least four facing the front side.

To the right and left of the double doors entrance are wide and tall glass panes and inside can be seen a large showroom. Taking up space within the room are many fine instruments of all makes and models - elven, Cartharian, Erpheronian, Kuglimz with even a few orcen instruments. A tiny showcase in the rear of the room contains small Brownie instruments, each one delicate and some looking almost like their larger human counterparts.

An old woman with piercing blue eyes and a wide smile greets everyone who enters. She wears a shimmering gray dress that fits her thin frame snugly. Her large ears are bedecked in ornaments of all shapes and colors. Some hang low and jingle when she walks. She motions with her thin hands and long fingers and greets everyone with a cheery, and high pitched "Hello."

Madam Kithara

"Hello good sir! (or madam)" she exclaims. "Welcome to Satinbel Instruments. I am Madam Kithara. We carry all kinds of wondrous instruments and musical tools. What can I help you find this wonderful day?"

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Alyssa Mineu
Equine Terpsichorean
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:54:01 PM »

Lyss pushed open one of the glass doors and stepped into the imposing building. An old woman, dressed in a fitting shimmering grey dress, welcomed her cheerily.

Hello, good madam! Welcome to Satinbel Instruments. I am Madam Kithara. We carry all kinds of wondrous instruments and musical tools. What can I help you find this wonderful day?

Lyss walked towards the cheerful lady and said, “I’d like to see some small instruments that can be used with dances. What would you recommend?” She fumbled slightly with her huge load and smiled sheepishly at the shopkeeper. “And, um…” she added, “Is there anywhere I could put this on first?

The shop from inside looked even bigger. It was filled with instruments of all kinds. She spotted a staircase at one corner of the shop, leading to the second floor of the store. I wonder how many instruments can be found here… There are already so many here, and there’s still a second floor! Lyss thought.

Lyss Mineu
Human, Centoraurian

Dancing is
letting yourself go, losing yourself in the dance, showing yourself to the world.

Alyssa "Lyss" Mineu
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »

Madam Kithara

Madam Kithara's eyes twinkled at the girl's question. "Small instruments, you say? Splended, darling! I have just the thing."

The Madam drew her arm over a long wall with several shelves attached. Sitting carefully upon a rack were many different kinds of instruments, all exquisitely made with the finest materials.

"We have stringed instruments, wind instruments and several kinds of drums," the Madam explained. "Any of which will suit a dance. Do you play, miss? We also have some larger selections upstairs if you wish to take a look."

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]