Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 5: A Party Broken and A Quest Renewed  (Read 17676 times)
Saekti
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2004, 03:28:22 PM »

"Huh, I always thought dragons were... bigger..." Saekti put in as she stared at it.

"And I do believe he was just telling us what he knew. There's no call to be so rude," Saekti turn a disapproving frown on Shaendru, before flicking her attention back to Sinen and smiled. "So you're looking for people to help you find this Fire Gem? Might a traveler find a place in this quest you propose?"  

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula Le Guin

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit."
-Helen Keller

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2004, 10:32:22 PM »

§hændru turned to Saekti"I wasn't here for his tale obviously,and the Fire Gem ain't nothin' ya want'a be lookin' fer."

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2004, 07:30:22 AM »

Lookin at the man who had just approached, "I know enough about the fire gem to tell you we must find it before a terrible evil of which the presence I've felt of late gets a hold of it." Turning to Saekti, "Dragons are bigger, usually. However a spirit dragons true form is nothing but energy thus it can take a draconic form at any size necessary. Obviously, so small he is quite harmless, but at full size a powerful ally. You are quite welcome on my quest. All of you are quite welcome."

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2004, 07:47:22 AM »

"So,ya wouldn't mind if an ald sea dog like meself joined your quest,eh?"The old man said with a misty look in his eye.

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2004, 12:42:22 PM »

Evil? thought Bobbo Wherever evil doth go, I will always be there to stop it.

"Then you have my sword," said Bobbo, drawing it forth and placing it on the table in front of him.  He bowed slightly to Sinen and resheathed the sword.

If anyone had noticed, the sword was of great quality and very rich with gems and gold and silver.  It was of great value and strength.

Tell me which is better:  to die defending your country or to live and watch your homeland die?
Ralai, King of Adylius

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2004, 01:50:22 PM »

"And a fine sword it is. We don't have much time, but we must find all spirit dragons first. Also, I cannot leave until my friend upstairs awakens."

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2004, 07:10:22 PM »

"What happened to her?" Kim asked, and guestering to the man passed out on the table, "And to your friend here?"  

Welcome to shadow world far under northern skies
Mountains and raging seas, valleys and icy winds Glory and majesty, triumph and victory
Legends and epic tales born between these dark lakes
For you a new one written with black blood
(Lyrics from Luca Turilli - Magic Horizons

Fredrick Salvones
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2004, 12:01:22 AM »

"I also would like to help. I may be on my last legs but theres still some life left in this body and my horse and one last journey would do us good"

When what you believe is a silly old man sitting down to tell you his tale it would be best to listen for you may learn something about yourself in his story.

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2004, 03:51:22 AM »

"Both she and this man here were among my  group when we were attacked by demons. I don't even know what happened to everyone. He just got here not to long ago, but she exhausted herself using her powers to protect the others. She's been out for almost a week I'm afraid."

Sinen Darkchild CD
Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2004, 11:08:22 AM »

§hændru was silent now,looking out the window,lost in memories.They shouldn't be looking for the fire gem,but He could not stop Sinen.It did,after all,heal all wounds.
"The Fire Gem,it heals all wounds.Does it heal regret,shame,revenge,possibly,dissapointment?"

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2004, 05:19:22 PM »

"Well, as I said, any who wishes to join is welcome.§hændru, sad to say the Fire Gem has its limits. Exactly what they are I do not entirely know. I hope you can understand, I must get to it before 'He' does. Alas, I may have said too much already in the presence of unwanted listeners. What I will say here is that the Fire Gem is as dangerous as it is helpful, and evil seeks to clutch it for its own designs."

Sinen stares over to the tavern's fireplace and watches the flames dance.

Sinen Darkchild CD
Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2004, 12:44:22 AM »

Kims face turned serious. "I will help you for I can  help protect you from the shadows, though I have a disguise that helps when enemies are around. They think you weaker."  

Welcome to shadow world far under northern skies
Mountains and raging seas, valleys and icy winds Glory and majesty, triumph and victory
Legends and epic tales born between these dark lakes
For you a new one written with black blood
(Lyrics from Luca Turilli - Magic Horizons

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2004, 01:31:22 AM »

"You have my help,Mister Sinen.I might also need the help of this,Fire Gem,and of course,I will do all in my power to stop 'Him' from getting it.Let luck be with ye."

§hændru once again lit his pipe and Incense rocks,and was silent again.

Saekti
New Santharian

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2004, 01:58:22 PM »

"A week? She must've used a lot of her power. Will she be fit to travel even when she does awake?" Saekti sounded doubtful. If I'd slept for a week I wouldn't want to go anywhere when I woke up...

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula Le Guin

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit."
-Helen Keller

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2004, 08:07:22 PM »

About the time Saekti finished her question an elven lady slowly decends the stairs. At the bottom she looks around before slowly walking over to Sinen. She speaks quietly saying, "Sinen, I think we should be heading out tomorrow at dawn. I shall be ready then." Sinen nods to the lady and turns to the people around him. "This is my dear friend Alia Locktear."

Sinen Darkchild CD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]