Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 5: A Party Broken and A Quest Renewed  (Read 17601 times)
Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2004, 10:44:22 PM »

Kim stood and bowed slightly.
"Please to meet you Alia, my name is Kim. Are you feeling well?"

Welcome to shadow world far under northern skies
Mountains and raging seas, valleys and icy winds Glory and majesty, triumph and victory
Legends and epic tales born between these dark lakes
For you a new one written with black blood
(Lyrics from Luca Turilli - Magic Horizons

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2004, 01:42:22 PM »

*Dray had lost the others after the encounter with the demons...Dray himself had not seem the best of that encounter...Dray had been chasing a demon back towards the others, but another jumped out at him from nowhere and sent him flying into the forest...Dray landed hard and found it hard to get to his feet...He managed to make it up with the help of the tree only to see the demon with its glowing red eyes and evil grin approaching him. Dray readied his swords not knowing if he could best this last demon. Dray tried to call on the magic inside him, but he could not feel its power begin to tingle inside him at all.*

"Curses...if always fails me when i need it most....Come on Dray you gotta survive this..this thing will show you no mercy...so you must not show it any at all...it is evil pure and simple...destroy it."

*Dray feels a inner fire well up inside him and surprises himself and the demon when he mount a charge and forces both blades into the chest of the demon. Dray rips the blades out quickly and spins around slicing the demon again twice across the torso. The demon swings at Dray knocking him over as it falls and Dray slumps against the tree where he fell fading from conscience.*

****************************Current time************************

*Dray wanders into Elsreth a complete wreck...his wounds have makshift bandages on them and are bloodsoaked as it is..He is covered in mud and dirt and he reaks of death..Golden Star Inn he seems up ahead and staggers towards the door "Sinnen said to meet here should we get separated..." Dray gets to the door and pushes it open and stumbled into the room catching himself on a table...Dray leans on tables making his way towards the bar and once he makes it there asks the bartender*

"Dray:Sinen Darkchild....."

*Dray gets the name out before he collaspes to the floor from loss of blood and exertion*

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2004, 04:45:22 AM »

Sinen's ears pick up the faltering voice that speaks his name, and obviously does Alia as they both turn to see Dray collapse to the floor. Alia calmly walks to him and kneels beside him. She begins to move her hands in a graceful pattern best compared to someone who is weaving something. After a few moments Dray's body begins to give off a faint white glow. Anyone close enough to see can notice each and every wound on Dray's body slowly closing itself and disappearing, leaving only a very faint scar. Beyond the sight of anyone even Dray's blood volume returns to normal at a quickened rate. Only exhaustion remains for the man called Dray. Sinen gets up and walks over beside Alia as she stands up, finished with the healing.

SINEN
"let's take him upstairs to rest."

With Alia's help Sinen moves the man upstairs to the room Alia had recently rested in.

ALIA
"I'll stay with him until he awakens. It should be shortly."

Sinen nods to Alia then returns downstairs. After sitting down he looks at each of the people he recently had met. Then goes back to staring into the dnacing fire of the taverns hearth

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2004, 09:37:22 AM »

"Amazing," said Bobbo at the sight of Alia's healing, "I have always been fascinated with those who have the gift of magic, if indeed that is what she has done.  Then again, I cannot really tell, but it is a gift."

Bobbo reaches into his pocket and pulls a gold coin out.  "For this fellow on the ground," he said, tossing it to the innkeep carelessly.  He pulled another one out.  "This one's for me," he said, tossing it to join its twin.  The innkeeper gave him a key and told him which room he was to stay in.

"If no one minds, I would like to retire," he said, "for I have traveled long this day, and I need to recover my strength."

Without waiting for an answer, he walked upstairs and went into his room.  He spent a few hours sitting up, humming and reading a book that was in the room that detailed the tale of the Fire Gem.  As the night grew on, he slipped into bed and let himself slip into slumber.

Tell me which is better:  to die defending your country or to live and watch your homeland die?
Ralai, King of Adylius

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2004, 11:34:22 AM »

"That sounds like a mighty fine idea.I already paid fer a room,so I'll just go turn in for tonight.Oh,and if yee's to come in,the doors unlocked,but it will smell strongly of Myrrh and pipe."

With this,the old man walked up the stairs into his room.

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2004, 07:31:22 PM »

Kim shook her head. This girl was powerfull. Turning to look at Sinen and Fredrick she smiled softly.
"Now the others have gone please tell me what is in store for us. I can tell no human or elf could of done this to your friends. Something more powerful more evil."
Turning to Fredrick she spoke to him briefly;
"I can see in your eyes you feel the same."
Looking in the shadows she waited for the replies.

Mountains and raging seas, valleys and icy winds Glory and majesty, triumph and victory

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2004, 05:23:22 AM »

"It was a week ago exactly this same hour when we made camp on our way to this very village. We were attacked by Chasm Demons. I'd feared it was to happen, but I'd never expected the outcome. I don't know what happened to the entire party. Gashnum and Dray have made it here. Muargath was slaughtered by them. Of the rest, I've no clue."

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2004, 02:05:22 AM »

Kims eyes flashed and she licked her lips.
"Chasm Demons..... But I was told they were gone."
Standing up she looked in to the fire. She felt something in the stomach. Fear?? She wasn't afraid of much but Chasm Demons they were powered by something evil.
"I will still come along. My abilities may help." kim held out her hand and shadows swept round one of the mugs of beer and lifted it up.
That is a hint of what I can do. Will you accept me?"

Fredrick Salvones
New Santharian

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2004, 03:11:22 AM »

Fredricks eyes opened wide in shock. He saw magic occasionaly on his travels. But nothing like this it sent shivers down is spine. The shadows yelled out silently of pain and agony.
Fredrick stood up and walked backwards.
''I.....I.... should be going now'' Fredrick gave the man at the bar some money and took one last look at Kim and ran upstairs as if the hounds of hell were after him.  

When what you believe is a silly old man sitting down to tell you his tale it would be best to listen for you may learn something about yourself in his story.

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2004, 04:15:22 AM »

"Yours skill would be most useful Kim." Sinen gazes deep into the fire and before long his sight is overtaken by visions of the past, of him as a young child trying to protect his sister. Visions of the man who took her away. Visions of the day his mother left to follow her research and never returned and then his father leaving to find her and also never coming back. Visions of his trials to master the sword. Visons of his life searching for his family, and the adventure at Rimmerins Ring. The image of Kala pops into his head for a fleeting second then fades and the fire is all he sees again.

Sinen Darkchild CD
Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2004, 06:04:22 AM »

Kim saw in Sinens eyes deep pain.Putting a hand on his shoulder she sat next to him.
"I see it in your eyes. A pain so deep it will never be hidden." Looking in to the fire the normally cold hearted woman felt herself softening to this elf.  

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2004, 09:05:22 AM »

Barely hearing Kim's words, Sinen stands and walks outside. Wandering down the main street, he glances up to the stars. He feels compelled almost as if someone was calling him to go down a narrow alley to his left. Without thinking he turns down this alley. At the end it turns right. As Sinen comes around the corner, a cloaked man stands before him, face hooded from view, all his clothing pitch black. The man speaks in a raspy voice, "Turn away from you quest now if you wish to live. I will kill anyone who dare stop me from recieving the Fire Gem. If you still wish to pursue me and this artifact then go ahead, but I warn you, I will not be interfered with." The figure vanishes leaving Sinen alone in the dark alley.

Sinen Darkchild CD
Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2004, 10:07:22 AM »

Kim looked at Sinen and shook her head. It was time she got some sleep.
Walking upstairs she took one last look in to the fire and a shadow pasted over her face. Something was coming and something told her it would test her largely.  

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2004, 10:48:22 AM »

*Dray awakens and feels the soft bed underhim...he slowly opens his eyes and sees he is lying in a bed*

How did I get here...? What happened.....ok lets see I was fighting chasm demons...I got spearated....injured....but I found my way to Elsreth.  To the inn...and thats all I remember

*Dray sits up slowly and looks over himself..his wounds are healed and he is only a little bit sore a tender to show for the fight. He looks around and sees Alia sitting in a chair in the room apparently watching over him*

"Dray:Hello there...I take it Sinen is here somewhere?"

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2004, 06:24:22 PM »

Alia looks over at Dray and smiles. She stands and says, "He is here somewhere. I'm glad to see your awake, but you should rest. I don't think I will be sleeping for a while. I've already slept for a week. You'll find your wounds healed. Sorry I can't do anything for fatigue and sore muscles."

Sinen Darkchild CD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]