Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jovloff's Gold - OOC: 1  (Read 129968 times)
Valyssa
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2009, 05:50:59 AM »

Bye JG! Have fun everyone.
Ylva Rasmussan
Oddball Healer
New Santharian

Human, Murmillion.

« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2009, 11:09:19 AM »

What happened while I was away?! Did Jenlyn write a post? It doesn't seem to be there now.  Undecided
Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2009, 05:36:53 PM »

I'm not sure what happened, Ylva...I was probably asleep!  Anyway, I don't see anything that needs to be changed in your post, Royce.

It was my idea that Koka, Jenlyn, Royce and Malavon would head onto the deck with Lieutenant Ustaskjan, leaving Ylva and Fionn with the doctor, essentialy forming two groups.  Hylphan and Rhia could then choose which group they wanted to join.  In the meantime, Mallorix would be free to have a roam about the ship, possibly going to check on Fu.  Maybe I should have made my intentions clearer in this OOC thread?  My apologies if I've confused you!

@ Jenlyn - I'm assuming that you've left the story, which is a great shame.  Is there any possibility that you'll be coming back, or is it a permanent withdrawal?

Valyssa
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2009, 11:12:34 PM »

Permanent withdrawal.
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2009, 02:08:49 AM »

awwwwwwwww why? :(

Youth is a gift of nature, but old age is a work of art
Simonne Miller
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2009, 07:59:02 AM »

The why is simple. A legit problem with my post was brought up by you. The problem was altered to the point of acceptable by two players other than you Sim., with a notation to wait for Yurie's judgment call. But it went on and on and on to the point of perceivable harassment. If you haven't noticed Sim, I have already given up far more than just a story position for just this same reason. Neither you or I hold anything beyond player status here and when your point was deemed fixed to the point of acceptable to the other players, it then became mute and pointless ... harassment. Unless of course you are somehow the Shadowmod here.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:01:11 AM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian/ Eyelian

« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2009, 05:52:23 AM »

Im sad to see you go, Jen. Ill miss the formidable lady in the pink armour.

I do hope that everyone else will stay, including Koka, who I think is great fun to have around.

If I may permit myself a personal comment:
I can enjoy this game even if small inconsistencies between some posts remain. Obviously, say, if at some point Malavon threw Fu into the sea (as he well might!), leaving the wizard helplessly struggling in the waves, and the next minute Captain Fjorwek came along and met Fu on deck to invite him to a jug of Artwine in his cabin -- then something would need to be done. And I assume that we all strive for consistency as much as we can. For me, anyway, the details are a big part of the fun. But even accomplished novelists have small mistakes in their published work.

Nonetheless, Id like everyone to feel free to alert me to inconsistencies in my posts, or ask a question when something is unclear. If I may, I would like to take the same liberty myself if theres something in someones post that I dont understand.

PS: Malavon, please feel in no way compelled to throw Fu into the sea. I just meant this to be an example!  Shocked
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:40:42 AM by Fu Luft » Logged

Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim

« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »

@Fu Luft , now that is an interesting idea , to drop you into the sea or maybe hang you up to dry , uh decisions , decisions .... evil
Just kidding pal !!

Now about Jen leaving the story , with much regret on my part I have to ask , will we pretend she doesnt exist ?
We are talking about her being in the ship , not before ...

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
Rhia
Songbird of the Sea
Approved Character

Human, Blaar'kr

« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2009, 12:09:41 PM »

Heh, there seems to be an abundancy of short people to throw into the sea! Koka, Fionn, Fu... ;^) LOL

And we will miss you over here, Twen. :( It's not often you see hair that great! ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:16:55 PM by Rhia » Logged

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2009, 12:17:33 PM »

Well, with the hope that Jen will reconsider, I think Koka was the only one with any real interaction with Jen yet, so, yeah, the rest of us can just carry on as if she were never here.  Chances are, unfortunately, that she will not be the only one, as stories progress, people disappear, for a myriad of reasoms, but the story must continue.  When possible, characters are written out, but other times, they just fade away.  In this case, stuck on a boat a mere 10 minutes out of port, I think it best to just carry on.

Unless I'm wrong.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »

Hey Malavon, if you're looking for prey: I heard Rhia has a *magical* voice. And she is not very tall, either...

I'm feeling smug this morning, as my guess concerning the identity of the capable writer behind our hungover blacksmith appears to have been confirmed. Good to have such illustrious company! (Not that we are lacking in lustre otherwise.)

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »

*slaps forhead*  ugh, I HATE when I do that :P

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2009, 10:45:04 PM »

I should think it was obvious for any connoisseur of fine prose? (And for a close observer of "direct speech" layout.)   :)

Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2009, 11:22:26 PM »

Okay, Jenlyn; if you ever feel like rejoining us then I'm sure nobody will mind.   :)

And yes, Altario is right; players' come and players' go, but the story forges ahead!  It's probably best if we just don't mention Jenlyn in our posts anymore...unless she decides to come back at some point of course.  It's a bit weird, but there you go!

Great to see that you're up for a bit of exercise, Hylphan!  I'll hopefully get a post up tomorrow for the lieutenant and doctor.

Oh, and it's nice to see that Fu has woken up, as well.  But I wonder where Kaska has got to?

Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Mini-mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2009, 12:21:35 AM »

Muhahaha, I'm creeping around somewhere, I'll post on monday evening I hope ;).

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]