Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arcuar Gothfeng  (Read 6641 times)
Arcuar Gothfeng
New Santharian

« on: April 11, 2004, 12:11:22 AM »

Basic Requirements

Name: Arcúar Gothfeng

Race: Human

Tribe: Kassite Men

Title: Horse-Riding Archer

Character Portrait:

Detailed Description

Overview

Arcúar is basically my representative on Caelereth. He’s nice but serious, calm, yet humorous. His appearance is quite organized, and he wears my and his two favorite colors, green and red.

Physical Appearance

Arcúar is approximately 1 ped, 2 fores and 9 nailsbreadths tall, and weighs in about 1 pygge and 4 hebs. He has short, brown hair, and brownish green eyes. He has an average build; a tad more muscled than the average Human of his age. He does have a slight deposit of fat near the buttocks and the hind parts of his legs, though. Because of an accident involving fire in his early years, he has a few scars above his jaw line. He also has a mole on his left hand.

Clothes

Arcúar tends to wear green or red on a casual occasion. He usually wears short trousers with a tunic. A hard, leather vest covers his tunic, and is lined with silver around the neck, arms and waist. The vest is engraved with two horses, fighting each other. It is quite similar to the crest of the Kassite tribe, but it doesn’t show the Korweynite sun eagle or the green plains. On formal occasions he tends to wear light blue or cerulean clothes, together with his leather vest. He wears hazel, leather sandals.

Personality

Arcúar is a nice, young fellow. He tends to be silent and serious, and he’s always hungry for knowledge. He’ll usually do what his peers tell him, if it is a reasonable enough request. He tends to be a bit shy, and frankly doesn’t like being flattered. Though he isn’t really talkative, he does have a good sense of humor, and likes a joke once in a while. Arcúar is quite mature for his age, and is quite wise. He’s very tidy, and always likes it if things look organized. A major exception to this feeling is nature; He loves to see the unbridled beauty of nature. He loves to sit under the shelter of a tree, or just lie down in a pasture.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths) because Arcúar is slightly hearing-, seeing- and sometimes even smell-impaired, he has a very refined sense of touch and taste. His other strength is that he is an amazing instinctual aimer, and this truly compensates his lesser eyesight. Another strength is that he's a quick study. His condition is lightly out of shape, but isn't as fit as a Tree-Elf, for example. He is fairly good on horseback, but requires a steady aim to shoot with decent accuracy. His condition is lightly out of shape, but isn't as agile as a Tree-Elf, for example. He is fairly good on horseback, but requires a steady aim to shoot with decent accuracy. He is most skilled at archery, but his skills with the javelin should be mentioned too. He is most skilled at archery, but his skills with the javelin should be mentioned too. He does hold light amounts of knowledge about magic, and is always eager to learn more. He does, however, know much about herbs, and has decent knowledge about herb lore.

Weaknesses) as stated in his strengths, Arcúar has bad hearing and sight. He is also very susceptible to the common cold, making his sense of smell bad as well, most of the times. He also slightly fears fire, as he had an accident involving fire. He also fears heights, death and loneliness. The latter is a very strong fear, and he can get home sick very fast, if he doesn't have friends of family surrounding him. He's also quite fast to throw a tantrum if he doesn't succeed something that he thinks he can handle. There lies another weakness, as he always tends to do things that are out of his league. The only weapon he possesses that he is weak with, is his Tsubar. He doesn't practice too much with it, as he is either busy practicing with his bow or with magic. He's also quite weak at magic, even though he's been following the Ximaxian School for almost two years now. One thing he fears above all: Necromancy. He simply disgusts the idea of pulling people from their final resting place; let alone what they can do.

History

Arcúar was born in a ranch a furlay from Kormendale, in a working class family. His mother, Wengûl Gothfeng, was a simple weaver. She weaves cloth of the wool that the sheep produce, not the type of Weaver that weaves magic. His father, Arkwing Gothfeng, was a bowyer. During his early years, Arcuar was given as much attention and care as his parents could give, as he was a single child.

He was taught how to ride a horse by Celebwen Amonlin, a friend of his parents, along with four other children, at the age of four. Celebwen also taught them how handle the sword, among others. Arcúar learned how to ride the horse with fair enough skills, and he learned how to handle the sword with decent skill. During his fifth cycle, he had an accident. He was holding a torch for his father, while wearing a cotton beard. This cotton beard was for a family celebration, but that is irrelevant. The torch lit his beard, and as soon as Arkwing noticed this, he grabbed Arcúar and took him to a river, where he extinguished the fire. Arcúar didn’t keep any noticeable scars from this accident, but in the sunlight you can still see some of the scars.

While he did belong to a group of students under the wing of Celebwen, he was mostly a loner, lost in his thoughts if he wasn't studying random books. His intelligence made him a loner, and was sometimes even said not to be a Kassite at all, because of his intelligence, but this was only said by other children, who didn't mean anything they said. He didn't mind, however, as he kept himself amused with his intelligence, and his archery of course.

During his sixth cycle, Arcúar and his parents moved to the lakeside town of Fennez. This was because Arkwing and Wengûl had new job opportunities there, and could make more money in Fennez. They simply gave up their country life, just to give Arcuar a better life. And he got just that. His mother now worked in a special workshop, where she had all the equipment she needed, and his father now worked in a special workshop as well. Arcúar now went to school, where he learned what he chose to learn. His favored occupation was a crafter. So his teacher taught him how to craft. He didn't give up archery, however. For his archery skills he had the best teacher one could have; his own father. Arkwing taught Arcúar how to master the bow, and Arcuar did handle the bow fairly good, at least better than the sword.

During his eighth cycle, his parents began to teach him his trades. His father taught him how to handle a bow. As Arcúar was born with bad eyesight, he only relied on his instinct to shoot a bow, and his way of archery was very successful. He purely relied on instinct to guide him in his shot. His mother taught him how to craft clothing at first. This wasn’t too difficult for Arcúar, and was a quick study. It didn’t take too long before Arcúar was ready to craft leather goods, and he soon learned this as well. He made himself a leather vest, engraved with parts of the Kassite crest, and lined with silver. He always kept this leather vest with him, and he was inseparable from it.

During his twelfth cycle, he was given his bow from his father, and his emerald amulet from his mother, whom both had crafted it especially for their son. These two gifts he always kept with him, and cherished them as much as he did his leather vest. He did, however, get another gift. The clan council gave this gift to him, from the ranch where he used to live. It was a horse, which responded to the name Shadow. Along with Shadow he received his Kassite helmet, his Tsubar, and a javelin for combat purposes. Arcúar’s parents sent him to the Ximaxian Academy of Magic, to teach the principles of Magic, because Arcúar wished so. The work in Fennez paid off, as his parents were able to afford the education for their son.

Weapons

Arcúar carries a 1 and a half-ped long bow. This bow has a small, brass horse’s head attached on both sides. The bow’s handle has a thin, leather coat covering it, to improve Arcúar’s grip. The draw length of the bow is about 1 ped, the draw weight being around 5 hebs. This bow was made by Arcúar’s father, and made the bow to fit Arcúar’s individual style of archery. His preferred kind of arrow is a little smaller than one ped, with a sharpened, iron tip. His arrows usually have 4-feathered flights, starting with 10 nailsbreadths at the end of the arrow, narrowing down to 6 nailsbreadths as you move toward the tip of the arrow. He makes his own arrows, but his arrow tips are especially forged, and he keeps them in a special satchel around his waist. He also has a Tsubar he inherited when he turned 12. It's his pride, and therefore doesn't use it too often, although he does practice with it once in a while. In close quarters he uses a 1 ped and 2 fores long javelin. He mostly uses it for close quarters, as it’s the only way he can defend himself in close combat, but he can throw it toward an enemy. If he does so, he feels obliged to immediately retrieve it, though.

Magic

Arcúar can cast magic to a certain degree. Very weak magic, though. He's currently learning how to cast magic at the Ximaxian School of Magic, and thus, he is improving, at a slow pace, but still improving. The spells he can cast, however, are mostly Earth magic, at a low degree. Nothing special, however, and very low. His Magic Level would be classified as Level I

Belongings

He owns an emerald necklace. His mother gave this necklace to him, and is basically an oval, golden ring with a perfect, oval sphere locked into it, tied to a hardwearing leather string. It was a gift for his twelfth birthday. Beside this precious pendant, he has a backpack in which he keeps his books for school, his food and sometimes some herbs he collected.

Familiars

Arcúar rides a horse he calls Shadow. Shadow has a snow-white coat, with an ash-gray tail and a bright, blonde mane. Shadow has dark brown eyes, and was hoofed by the finest hoof smith Arcúar could find. Shadow is 18 years old in Human years, and is capable of carrying Arcúar in full armor and weaponry without trouble.

Edited by: Khiera at: 4/15/04 22:49
Luca the Thief
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 03:45:22 AM »

Hello!

Very spiffy CD. Nice and complete and all that jazz.

At the end of your history you kind of leave us hanging. Unless I'm missing something and you plan to use this character in a specific story. Otherwise since stories take place around and about southern Sarvonia, you might want to end off on a note of him traveling or something of like, since I beleive he is still at home.

Aaand....that's just about it. Good job :)  

"Life moves pretty fast. And if you don't stop and look around sometimes, you just might miss it."
-Ferris Bueller

Arcuar Gothfeng
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 03:50:22 AM »

Err, thanks. How'd I edit, anyway? Ehe ^_^ :confused  

Emalaya
Peacemaker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 04:23:22 AM »

There should be Edit beneath your name on the left...if there isn't. You aren't signed in   ^^ soooooo...if that doesn't work...let us know!  

"True peace of mind comes only when my heart and actions are aligned..." - Robert Newcomb

Arcuar Gothfeng
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 04:37:22 AM »

I've tried to log in, but I can't edit anything, dagnabbit! I've only got a Local account. Maybe that's the problem?

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 05:35:22 AM »

www.santharia.com/rpg/tip...tricks.htm This should help

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Arcuar Gothfeng
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 05:56:22 AM »

Yes! Thanks Radaroc, you saved my Santharian life. If there is any more which needs to be changed, I'll be glad to.

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 11:59:22 AM »

I think you may want to consider changing your tribe to Centoraurian as you're history mentions you living in a city, Kassites live on ranches, you make no mention of your squad which is also very important to the Kassites.  Either fix your CD to make it compatible with the Kassite entry or switch  your tribe to Centoraurian and make the necessary changes there.

Arcuar Gothfeng
New Santharian

Yes
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2004, 06:07:22 PM »

I made the Character Description compatible with the Kassite tribe, and explained how he got to live in Fennez. A whole paragraph of explanation, that is. I also put it through a spell-check.

Edited by: Arcuar Gothfeng at: 4/11/04 10:20
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2004, 07:35:22 PM »

The CD seems pretty good from what I've seen so far.  However, I'm curious about why he would name his horse after a deity.  It sounds pretty odd to me.  

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Arcuar Gothfeng
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2004, 07:49:22 PM »

You guys certainly do pay attention to details, do you? I like that. Anyway, it has been changed.

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 02:08:22 AM »

Details 'eh?  Well there is the thing at the end where you mention he travels back home often?  The voyage between the two continents (Nybelmar & Santharia) would take a couple months, so I would either not have him visit...or explain where he gets the money to do this, and the time.

Arcuar Gothfeng
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 02:41:22 AM »

Anything else? And if so, compile a list, this is transforming into a shameless rack of posts.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 07:25:22 AM »

Hello there and welcome new Santharian! :)  

Interesting CD we have here ... Ok, i've taken a look through it, and apart from what the others have pointed out before me, i would say that the main thought that came to my mind after reading the whole CD was that your character seems a little too young to me given his history of events and skills:

-- Mastering the bow already at 14, even with poor eyesight? (I did take into account what you said about him having an excellent instinctual sense of aim and his other senses make up for it in a way)
-- Mastered the crafting of leather goods at 14??
-- Started travelling alone at 12, and between continents, even?

You might want to consider increasing his age to, say 18, or make the history a little more plausible.

A really nicely done character ... :thumbup  I'll go through it again with a fine tooth comb later tonight ...  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 4/11/04 23:41
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
CD Mod

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »

Appearance: Your hair should be long. Committing to the life of a warrior means cutting your hair, while not doing such means growing it out.:

Quote:
The straight hair is worn long, only the warriors cut their hair as sign of submission to the codes of war in shoulderlength and wear it in the traditional warrior tail.

It strikes me as strange that you should go into such detail about your character's appearance as related to scars and even nail length, but there should be no mention of the color of your character's eyes!

Clothing: Typically clothing consisting of bright colors, like the ones you mentioned, are reserved for special events. He certainly may have these, but maybe he has something to wear for informal occations? Perhaps traveling clothing or something of the like?

Strengths and Weaknesses: What agility does he have? What endurance, what speed? And if you might be so kind, what weapons is he skilled at? His tribe is known for being a skilled warrior tribe. How is he on horseback? All of these should be touched on in these sections. You may also consider his knowledge, for knowledge is power. Is he knowledgeable on poisonous and healing plants? On the cultures of other races and tribes?

History: The Kassite are a warrior race, and yet you mention very little about the necessary rites that all Kassites go through in their childhood, in particular the schooling on how to be a warrior.:

Quote:
The Kassites educate their children - girls and boys alike - in groups of five to a dozen from the age of four to ride and fight on the horseback. They became great with the bow and the lance and are said to be nearly unbeatable when fought on their horsebacks in their own plains.

It seems to me that this crafting you speak of is prbably rather rare. The niche of the clan is ranching and fighting. Crafts would probably be something imported from another tribe, traded for horses, cows, milk, cheese, leather, and beef, along with the other products of ranching. Perhaps your character's mother crafted bows and arrows? Or other weapons of war?

You also mention recieving a horse: "It was a horse, which responded to the name Urtengor." Utengor is a Santharian Diety, not one of Nybelmar. I regre that Koldar and Smith have yet to create any gods for Nybelmar (it's still a work in process). Perhaps another name might be more suitable.

Traveling is niether cheap nor quick. You're going to need time and money to go to the places you speak of. Though I'm not too knowledgeable on R'unor, I know that the people there are not fond of foriengors. It's a pretty dangerous place anyway, given the three leaders are a bit hostile toward each other.

As for Ximax, entering there would be a bit difficult. I'm sure that eventually they would let you in, but at Ximax they try to make certain that no harm befalls the students there, and some of the library may be closed off to you.

If you're looking for other places of knowledge, though, you may consider the Great library in Bolder. A lot of the text may be in styrásh, both there is a great wealth of knowledge here amongst the Aellenrhim elves. There are also a few libraries amongst the Injerín, though their residence is serrounded by a great many dangers, including orcs and dark elves, as well as wild creatures.

Belongings: Consider a bag and some food and ater for your travels. It might also be nice to have axtra changes of clothing.

Familiars: Name, see History.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]