Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the Way to Ximax: OOC  (Read 58396 times)
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 05:15:22 AM »

Glad to hear it, Capher! And lets hope they are right!

Youth is a gift of nature, but old age is a work of art
Simonne Miller
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 12:36:32 PM »

I'll second that - I'm glad you're back, Capher!   :)

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 04:58:39 AM »

Welcome back Capher! Hope you are well and can stay home for a while.

On my front, after more than a year of online time together, many months of frequent emails, and the exchange of pictures, and now almost daily talks on the phone, we are finally preparing to meet face to face. I have to get a new birth certificate as apparently the type I have is Void, then jump through the rest of the bureaucrazy hoops to get my passport. We have it so bad. LOL We can't even stand 2 days without each other.

Also one my friend from SecondLife I have been worried about just had her baby. She has a heart condition and they had to take her off her heart medication because it was causing her babies kidneys to shutdown. They are both well, and I waiting eagerly to see her online again. Wonder if she will have a little prim baby Victor when I see her on next. LOL

Things seem to be going well, if some good things have annoying things along the road. :)
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »

Terra,

Its great to hear that things are gonig well for the two of you, and that you are finally going to meet in person.  Enjoy and take things as they come!  Also glad to hear that your friend and her baby are doing well - definitely a blessing that he is doing better now.   :)

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »

Good news :)

Capher here, Terra happy :)

Hope, it stays like this for a time!

OOC: I think I go sleeping - listening if Ta'las shouts again is not much use...

I wanted to remind you of your warriors path, Ta'las, now you thought yourself at it! I wanted to have a shout with you! Arrgh... let's wait for tomorrow! LOL
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »

I'll try to get a post up this weekend!

*Note to self: that's three to four posts to make this weekend*

Simonne Miller
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2009, 06:06:08 AM »

Thank you my friends for the well wishes.

Terra, so you finally get to meet her. When are you going? Where does she live? Are you taking pictures?

Also I am glad to hear that your friend's baby and herself are doing well...keep us informed how things are going once you see her in SL.

Have we decided where we are going to meet Aminah, yet?
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 08:09:31 AM »

No, I proposed that we should let her decide when to jump in, maybe we should send her a message.

I will post tomorrow *looks at her watch* ..today, after I have slept a couple of hours. And then let us move on the road to the ferry fast!

Not before breakfast though ;)
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »

I should be in touch with Aminah today, so I'll poke her into answering that question, Talia :)

Simonne Miller
Aminah
Muddled Mindsoother
Approved Character

Human, Azhorhrian

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »

Oops, sorry, I saw that post of yours Talia, thought "Oh, I should read through everyone's posts" and then went away for a weekend and forgot.  I'll do so now so I can see where you're all at :)

Hmmm, I have a question - what is making Capher's powers weaken?

Edit:  Well, if you want a reason for going into the woods, then maybe you could meet Aminah along the path - she's been attacked by some robbers who, among other things, have taken her horse?  She loves that animal, so would really beg them to help her retrieve it.  Also I could drop some good hints that she is a mindsoother when she meets them - I'm sure that Capher's mind must feel different what with him being a dragon, and she should be able to sense there is something odd about Ta'las too.

If you don't want such a big diversion then I could meet you on the ferry instead - I was thinking that her reason for being on this path could be that she is heading to Ximax too, because she wants to find out about her powers and someone told her that is the centre of magical stuff.  So with a little persuasion she should give you enough details for you to know she's a mindsoother. (That would apply if she met you in the woods too)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:11:04 PM by Aminah » Logged

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 06:26:22 AM »

what is making Capher's powers weaken
Let's ask Capher, I have to admit, I forgot, if there is another reason than Eckra doing his best to destroy him. An effect of this attempt is however, that he is not in touch with his forces as he should be, can't controll them as he was used to. This the orb of Ximax should heal.

Aminah, I think, the idea with the robbers will not work. I doubt, that there are (normal) robbers who actually would look for a hiding there, I have just read the entry !

THE SHIVERING WOODS

The Shivering Woods is a secluded forest in Western Santharia, just south of the trading town of Horth.

The area is well-known for two things: the Larkentir trees which give the forest its name, and the Tsváen’mol’khár, a dark elven tribe, that once inhabited the area. Many people avoid the woods because they fear the place to be haunted. The shivering Larkentir trees do nothing to counter this belief, nor do the  old legends:
The Shivering Woods

View picture in full size Picture description: View of the eerie Shivering Woods. Image drawn by Enayla.

The legend reports that many, many years ago, a group of sorcerers - calling itself the "Silver Hand" - took up residence in the woods even before the Tsváen’mol’khár settled at the forest. It is further told that the sorcerers erected a great ring of stones to assist them in their endeavour of achieving immortality through a complicated spell they intended to cast with their joined efforts. No one knows for certain what happened to the Silver Hand, but all agree that something must have gone wrong at spellcasting.

The dark elves made their home in the Shivering Woods about approximately the same time the legends claim the Silver Hand tried to claim immortality, so some sages theorize that the drow tribe somehow sabotaged the sorcerers' plans and desecrated the woods with their blood. Others say that the mages indeed succeeded and achieved their goal, but that their souls are now trapped within the stones forming the circle and now long for freedom again, which would bring them mortality too. Well, the legend of the Shivering Woods has birthed many faery tales, and there are countless additional theories and guesses as to what happened to the Silver Hand long ago.

Be it as it is: To this day, the ring of stones still stands, but only few have the courage to go inside the woods for fear of what they might find. True, the Tsváen’mol’khár tribe is long gone from the woods, but they have a number of half-drow progeny in the world, and some may not want the land their ancestors lived on to be claimed by others.

In western Santharia, a strange bounty hunter is starting to make a name for himself. He is a half-elf going by the name of Greywolf. Many of the residents of Horth seem convinced that he makes his home in the Shivering Woods, but this has yet to been proven. In fact, it is difficult to prove anything since Greywolf only shows himself to take a job then returns when he has finished it, promptly vanishing afterward. The arrival of the strange bounty hunter and rumors of his residence in the Shivering Woods cause people to fear the location even more. Whatever secret these woods hold is going to remain just that at this rate. The Larkentir trees have hidden the secrets of the Shivering Woods for millennia, and it seems they will continue to do so for a very long time.

Far more important however is the entry of the Larkentir Tree

Maybe we have some quarrels on the road along the forest and one of our riding animals storm into it and we need to search it in there? Any other reason is of course welcome as well.

Just an idea : I think it would be ore interesting, to find out bit by bit what you are. You could initially just ask us,if  you cold come with us (on the ferry maybe). You could even say, you heard bad things of the Shivering woods. Eventually out of this evolve the reason, why we go into it..
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »

To answer your question about what is making me lose my powers...it is a variety of things, but mostly it is Eckra's power not only over myself but over my mentor, the Wizard of the White Tower; Ethan. Eckra knows that if I ever restore my full powers I will be able to not only finally contact Ethan, but also from a distance help him, against the attacks Eckra is and has put against him, that is why he is attacking Ta'las to try and distract, and even perhaps try and kill me before I reach Ximax. 

I on the other hand, very much dislike, even hate the orb for I believe it is evil...I believe the only ones who should have magic are the ones who were born with it at the beginning of Ava's dream: in other words, Brownie's and the "Big Drakes, especially the top three, including the last one "Ol' dembrey" who was Capher's Grandfather. But I also know that magic is Caelereth and everyone who can tap into its powers should be able to do so, even if I personally do not like it, for my fear is that some would use their powers to destroy instead of heal Caelereth and its peoples and my worst fear is that someone might tap into a specific power enough to become like one of the "Chosen" and try and take over the world again...

Of course you will never find any of this on the dev site for I never wrote an entry on him. I was going to explain Capher and how he came into being in my novel the "Wizard of the White Tower" which I started but never finished on the dev site.(for various reasons which I will not go into now) And now with the new rules and such I doubt that Capher would even be allowed. I know he is not in this forum, except in this story.

I may be confused about a few things; I lost most of my notes when I moved, and my hard drive had crashed, and I lost all of what I had written there; so I am relying mostly on my memory and what few notes I have found.  Santharia has changed so much since this story began that even my old entries on the dev side of races and tribes and people have all been changed. Do not get me wrong I like most of the changes, but there are somethings I would have liked to have stayed just because of the uniqiness of the entry, but I cannot complain for I had left the dev side of the boards.

Eventually I will be introducing some NPC's which I will control. It will be in an entirely different new thread and everyone should read it just to keep informed of what is happening.  Of course any ideas that anyone may have as they read this new thread or any discrepencies they may find, please pose them so that I can entertain the idea(s) and fix the discrepencies...

All of the above last paragraph is up to the approval of you all.  The NPC's would be:

1. Eckra.

2. An Losh-Oc Orc who is Eckra's "General" of his armies. Who by the way needs a name, if any of you would like to contribute I would gladly appreicate it as I am terrible with names.

Those are the two important ones, there will be many others and they will include humans,dark elves, elves,dwarves, and other Orc's....

I also had an idea of how we can get the Heart back...it is when we finally get to the mountains where Kurik's Anvil is supposedly hidden and we meet that dwarf, whose name I have forgotten, that Ta'las played; the female one who wanted to travel. She meets us there and helps with the translation to the other dwarves to help us find Kurik's Anvil. She has the Heart. It was given to her by Morcaanan when he found out she was heading to the mountains (another range which I forgot the name of, Prominent Mountains is it?)  Anyway what do you all think?

I think I will stop rambling now... grin
Aminah
Muddled Mindsoother
Approved Character

Human, Azhorhrian

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »

Ok, I'll come and find some reason to talk to you on the ferry or when they are waiting to catch it.  I didn't realise there were dark elves as well as mushroom-trees.  Maybe someone could mention that they are going to Ximax so that she has a reason to pluck up the courage and talk to them?

Thanks Capher, that helps a lot - it's hard to know quite what's happening when reading some of the posts, just because of the huge amount of stuff that has happened :).  One more question - what's the orb?  Is that the Heart?

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 03:58:23 AM »

No Aminah the orb is not the Heart. Actually, I really do not know what the orb is. All I do know is that it was something that Talia in her poem had said cyrptically that I must go find. I know there is probably a description of this orb on the dev site, but I have not read it; though I probably should.

The Heart is actually the heart, and soul of Thalambath, a very powerful wizard during the time of the "War of the Chosen"  It is a fist sized emerald with magical powers.

The quest involves us to find the Heart, then Sword of Fury and Kurik's Anvil. The Anvil is the only magical piece that can meld the Heart to the Sword of Fury and that is the only weapon weilded by an "innocent" (which we have not yet determined what that means) that can destroy Eckra forever. Eckra is actually a "Shade" who has somehow escaped the Queprur's underworld and has taken over a real live person to continue what he tried to do when he was alive during the "War of the Chosen" if that helps you understand a bit more.
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 04:08:31 AM »

Hehe, keep asking things Aminah, I'm learning all kinds of things about this story that I didn't know before LOL

Simonne Miller
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]