Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Baveras' Shrine  (Read 2978 times)
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
Approved Character

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« on: February 19, 2009, 07:52:50 AM »

At the foot of the bridge across the river running through Bardavos, north of Santhros' Street, is a round building constructed of stone and marble. Although relatively small in size, the building nevertheless commands a certain amount of awe and respect, as its outer walls consisted of mosaic tiles in hues of soothing blue, green and silver, with motifs of the Waterstar reverently placed on the gleaming mosaic tiles.

This is the Temple of Baveras, and it exudes an aura of light-hearted calm as one approaches it. White marbled steps lead to the twin-doored entrance of the temple, framed by slim pillars of mosaic. Clerics and acolytes, adorned with holy symbols wander about the yard, some maintaining the grounds extravagant landscaping, and others moving about on some other divine duty.

Those who say only Insanity can bring true relaxation...
Have clearly never hired a Mindsmoother!

Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:13:42 AM »

In her time as a healer, Silmarwen couldn't remember having such a sense of urgency before. So great was it, in fact, that the beauty of her surroundings did not break through her concentration as she searched for a place that her patient to be lain down. She hurried around, looking, until she found an place, spacious but private, where she could preform any necessary procedures. She hurriedly took out her medical kit placing the most likely needed items where she could reach them easily. The wind blew her hair in her face, and she tied it back quickly. The sound of water, which she could still hear from the inside, where-as usually soothing to her, came as a tedious annoyance. She turned to see if Santhos had come yet, since he had to walk slower, carefully carrying Sarya...

"God is Lord; of men, and of angels, and of elves."
"I agree completely with Tolkien."
Silmarwen Elanessë ~ Poet of Áv'jeín
Santhos Avathcin
Guardian of the Shady Grove
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Allenrhim/ Centoraurian

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:17:49 AM »

Santhos stood there right on her heels. Being used to handling large heavy objects with care he found that he could have moved even faster without disturbing his passenger.  "Where should I lay her?" he asked with great urgency in his voice "And what do you need me to do?"

The Dullest Pencil Remembers Longer Then the Sharpest Mind.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 04:39:59 AM »

Silmarwen motioned to the spot she had cleared for the elf, and tried to calm herself. No one was in danger of dying, but she had to work fast. She turned to Santhos, touching his arm in gratitude and said, with an attempted smile, "I need water to clean the slash."    She rolled up her sleeves, concentrating. "The river is clean enough, if you could fetch some."    She spoke with urgency and knelt down by her pack. She pulled back the bandage seeing that the slash was about 2 nailsbreadth's in depth. The blood loss was a problem, she had to work fast.

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 04:55:44 AM »

Santhos quickly went to follow the order. Heading to the river he gave an involuntary shiver as the running water ran over his hand while he filled his rather large cup. Going back to Sil he handed her the cup. "Is she going to be alright?" He said in a heavier accented voice than normal. Listen to me he thought I'm so nervous I can barely talk straight.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:56:37 AM by Santhos Avathcin » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 05:07:29 AM »

Silmarwen took the cup from him and nodded. She started cleaning the wound in Sarya's side, quickly but carefully. Contagion was one thing they did not need. She had almost finished when she remembered Santhos. "That's all I need."      Usually she would be afraid of sounding rude, but there was no time for formalities. She erased every other thought from her mind, paying attention to only what she was doing. She applied a large proportion of yarhle ointment to the cleaned slash before applying ice plant salve. Taking out the strands of silkel tree, threading them through a needle she set to work stitching up the wound.

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 05:16:22 AM »

Santhos watched as Sil pulled out various healing items and cringed looked when he say when needle pulling the flesh together. He mentally shouted at himself You've seen this stuff before so relax. He pulled a small chunk of bread out of his pack and handed it to Melody to distract her. It didn't work, the small rat had already gone up and placed its forepaws on the arm of the wounded elf looking in concern as the scene unfolded.

Santhos Avathcin
Silmarwen Elanessë
Poet of the Áv'jeín
Approved Character

Elf, Athyron

Homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 06:14:17 AM »

The moments passed slowly as Silmarwen carefully stitched up the wound. The concentration was taking it's tole on her, and by the time she was done, she felt exhausted. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. Still, it had gone well and as far as she could see nothing else was wrong. After making Sarya as comfortable as possible, she started to pack up the supplies she had used. As she was doing this she saw Melody standing by. The sight brought Silmarwen back to her senses and she sat down and laughed to herself, relieved. Realizing she probably looked like a fool, she stood up and sighed. "I'm glad that's over."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:23:27 AM by Silmarwen Elanessë » Logged

Santhos Avathcin
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 03:55:07 AM »

Santhos felt the tension evaporate, he exhaled having realized that he was holding his breath. He sat down next to Sil and put his arm around her. "Definately. Now what do we do?" He looked at the patient, aside from the wounds she looked completely relaxed, like she had just drifted off to sleep. He held out his hand and Melody scampered up his arm and across his shoulders to stop on Sil's shoulder. Even Melody likes her alot that has to be a good sign. He thought.

Santhos Avathcin
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 07:46:45 AM »

Just a heads up.

Bardavos is no longer active. The story has been moved to the archives and should not be getting anymore posts. Myself and Eleyr have retired the story for the time being.

Those players in Bardy are free to choose another open story to play in. Thanks.

Administration

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]