Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ailín Ióéil Séafra Cýeáll- Rayne do you still wish to check?  (Read 7636 times)
Ailin Ioeil Seafra Cyeall
New Santharian

« on: January 25, 2004, 07:00:22 AM »

Name: Ailín Ióéil Séafra Cýeáll

[Currently prefers Ailin, since it is the only of the four humans can easily pronounce]

Race: Human, strong elven influence

Tribe: Helcrani of Kyranian line, though unknown to Ailín

Age: Appears to be 15 (but things are not always what they seem to be, right?)

[true age: 15 years and 9 months]

Height: 1.79 peds

Weight: approximately 12 hebs

Class/Title: Hárf'á'chón (He, who is touched by ourselves, the elves)

Occupation: Nothing significant yet, merely exploring the rest of the world. Or to put it in simpler words: Wandering around without much thought. He may work as a gardener-herbalist (see History: Unknown Past) if he needs to.

Appearance

Ailín is quite tall for a human of his age, being slightly shorter 1.80 peds. Unlike some teenagers of his age, the age of adventure and fiery dreams, he does not have a warrior’s broad shoulders and muscled body - something he always wanted to avoid beeing subject to the mockery of human bullies. This does not mean however that he is extremely thin or at all girlish; Ailín merely seems to have the slender pose and the well-compacted muscle structure of a young male elf’s body. Add to this well-shaped hips, and long slender muscled legs, you should get a general impression of Ailín as if seeing his graceful and fluent movements from afar.

It is true that Ailín could possibly be viewed as one of Ava's Children dressed in mortal flesh (as the most splendid of elves are seen to those who have an eye for beauty) amongst his kin, and may be mistaken even by an elven ranger’s eyes for brethren from a distance, when he has his hood drawn, just judging by the silhouette of his figure, yet his most striking feature is the Avangelic countenance he wears. His emerald green, almond shaped eyes, glimmering with the innocent shimmer of purity, gives the impression of spring’s first rays shining on jade laurel leaves scattered around the shattered pieces of a dark emerald.

Ailín has rich golden-darkbrown wavy hair that barely touches the fair skin of his shoulders. The only eccentric aspect of his hair is a single lock of shimmering silver located somewhere on the left side of his forehead, which always seems to come out to the front glimmering when he tries to persuade someone. Aside from all this, Ailín has eyes “framed with strong brows and full pensive lips” that gives people the impression that he is oftentimes buried in thoughts. Also on the upper left corner of his forehead, he has a birth mark which appears to be a brown mole the size of half a nailsbreadth, but on closer examination one could also discern a smaller dot located on the upper right of the first circle.

Ailín’s clothing consists mainly of a green-silver dyed silken shirt with flowing sleeves and elegant cuts, worn on top of form-fitting, tight black pants. On the sheathing of the pants’ sleeves, there are intricate knot works made of stylized leaf art, which looks exceedingly real. Green vines sprout from these knot works, and go spinning up till his calves. Underneath these pants, Ailín wears quiet boots made of interwoven oak leaves with fresh adlemir twigs holding them together which are exceptionally soft and comfortable. Unlike the fragile appearance, these are quite lasting, due to the double layer of resin covering the bottom and inside of the boots. Ailín also has an armlet made out of intertwined Euwen leaves around each wrist. On top of his silk shirt, he wears an amulet with the coat of arms of the Astyrhim Elves engraved on it; the shining Tree of Life, the rune representing the High Goddess Ava the Beautiful, shaped like a closed eye with a tear, and finally the rune, the essence of Xeua carved on the roots. Whether the amulet was indeed made by the Astyrhim is highly debatable. Any capable craftsman interested in lore, or given precise enough instructions, should be able to produce an exact copy of his amulet. Whatever the talisman’s origins may be, Ailín prefers hide it under his shirt when he is not alone in the wilderness. Apparently he is not dressed for combat, but for the finer shares of one’s life.

Personality

A single statement could roughly summarize Ailín’s persona: An utterly fascinating, charismatic character full of enigmas, mystical and touching contradictions. Due to his charming nature, referring both to his physical and emotional self, it is rather easy for Ailín to make friends or gather a crowd of admirers.

Although Ailín's attitude may make him seem awfully seductive, he does not fall in love repeatedly or without doubt with strangers (at least that is what he tells himself). One thing he particularly enjoys having around is a multitude of admirers, even though he does not directly answer their “love” (or call it affection if you like) back often. However this should not be misunderstood; he is always exceptionally kind towards them. While he is accused of being selfish by some, Ailín totally believes that he does everything in his power to help and care for others – whether it be a close friend or a total stranger.

Ailín was fairly hilarious when he – claims to have - had the Astyrhim elves as his friends and parents, but lately he finds it hard to make as many unfeigned or heartfelt jokes, especially among the people of his race, afraid of losing respect and esteem. Moreover, Ailín has been holding on his acting and imitating skills dreading to make gaffes and hence be mocked; keeping most thoughts and comments to himself, calculating his words before speaking them… He is, to sum up, getting increasingly introverted with the passing of each day outside the Thaelon Woods. Maybe it’s because of an unknown Event that took place at some unknown time in an unknown past. Maybe it’s because of the shock he lived through when he saw, for the first time after his awakening, that the rest of the world was not at all bathed in contentment and purity like the Covering Woods. Maybe it’s just adolescence… (Maybe he had always been the way he is now, in other words, perhaps it is his sudden loss of memory that makes him think he was different once.) But if truth be told, what Ailín really needs is friend, not a dedicate, he feels comfortable with, a friend to whom he can open his heart.

Judging from his character and use of the common tongue, one might think he would make excellent bargains and be a top-notch trader, however, just because his dislike for arguments (a trait he picked up from the elves) he usually accepts the prices the seller offers. This definitely does not mean he is oftentimes tricked or cheated. Ailín usually gets a discount merely for his charming self and innocent yet handsome face, and when he does not Ailín just put on the cutest smile he can manage, thanks the merchant, and walks away. No, he is not stupid, only a bit naïve.

Ailín wants not only to excel at everything he does (and cares about) but also craves to be the very best, even if this would mean working for endless hours to achieve his aims. Being awfully perfectionist can at times be a hindering trait for him, however mostly it just turns out for the best. Ailín is a very moral person, and values honor along with a dozen other virtues as much as he values his face, yet he is afraid that one day when he has to make that final decision between success and failure, he may abandon all merits to achieve his goals.

Despite having sharp ears tuned to harmony, Ailín cannot sing very well. A melodious voice is something he has always wanted; he can be very touch about the subject.

Being able to adopt a new, or slightly alter his, personality according to the group he is in comes in handy in most situations. Conversely, Ailín’s behavior can sometimes be considered fake or arrogant, which may cause some to dislike him at first glance.

Despite being extremely optimistic, merry, and active, Ailín can, unfortunately, get awfully serious and scornful when he sets his mind to it, or worse, when there is an issue that needs his utmost attention immediately. Thus, a big worrier is Ailín, oftentimes regarding work, studies, and everyday responsibilities people don’t seem to mind a lot. With this being said, one should have guessed that Ailín does not perform under stress well, unless it is serious, or even the better, a matter of life and death. Even though Ailín’s character is almost as delicate and unwavering as the elves’, due to the time he spent amid them, under pressure Ailín is known to be extraordinarily unpredictable, thus he can be expected to have drastic changes in his persona during this period.

His temper? A total inconsistency. Most think Ailín has an infinite source of patience, and he does –well, to most, at the very least. Since he has a very deep understanding of people who have lost a part of their family, oafs who make fun of others for their parentage and history horribly get on his nerves, thus making him very edgy and nasty towards them. Around these people his arrogant self comes out, and all the three signs of hubris (paranoia, impetuosity, smugness) reels up to the surface, causing him to make decisions or say things he regrets later on.

Like an elf, Ailín has an endless love for beauty and nature. During his – highly unlikely - stay with the Astyrhim, Ailín learned to see the splendor in the eyes of all beings that are part of the vast forests. When alone in nature, listening to the silent whisper of the woods and the winds, he almost always gets in a state of melancholy and wails for the damage done to Nature’s children and all the destruction going on in the world.

Ailín does not like to be probed about his past by strangers, and will evade each and every one of these questions so masterfully that the person would soon forget what he was talking about, and be eluded into a more appealing subject. Although he does not let outsiders notice this, Ailín truly misses his family, and envies those who know their birth dates. No matter how lively or popular he may seem to the foreign eye, Ailín feels very fragile and lonely inside.

History

Part One: Unknown Past

(includes a very brief overview of his childhood years and family history)

Born to a family of rich merchants (mother side) and semi-important nobles (father side), Ailin recieved instruction in table manners, formal speech, writing, heavy herbiology and history from the day he could talk. Later at the age of 11, when he wrote a letter (there was no need of course, since they lived in the same mansion) to his family - using all the skills he had been taught - speaking of his desire to study the lore of Earth Magic in the Academy of Ximax. Her mother tore apart almost half the household when she found the letter in her chambers one grey morning, shrieking that she would not tolerate any Earth mages in her house.

Thus, somewhat disappointed yet still very excited to attend the best magic school in the entire continent, Ailin started his journey to the Magic Academy four years later (after he had enough private tutoring in Strash to be able to understand the basic spell structures [which is another reason why his "light elf" references - learning strash from them etc. isn't believable at all]) to begin his studies as a Water mage. However, he never made it to the province of Ximax, he (along with the guards hired by his family to assist him in his travels) mysteriously disappeared during the journery. All, the rangers hired by Ailin's family could find was a torn branch - or what was left of it - reduced to ashes - possibly by lightning or through magical means -right before the bridge leading to Cemphiria.

Part Two: In the Thaelon

Ailín cannot recall his past very well, there seems to be a swollen cloud shrouding his memories – which he does not find very imaginative and clever of the Aviaria to use the same old tale every time they want to mess with someone’s life.

"Nothing seems to evoke an image of my childhood , or even the beginnings of my teenage years. It is all as if I was born the very first day I woke up to the sweet wind chime melodies of the Astyrhim. If I have any recollections of the moments I lived through committed to my memory other than the slick threads of 'now' hastily sliding away, they surely are about the indefinite period of time I spent among the light elves. Yes, those were fine days indeed. Days, perhaps months or possibly even years, which can not be so easily forgotten.

Those who have only seen the Thaelon will say the woods have “an indescribable atmosphere” that “fills (the) heart and soul with a feeling of well-balance and contentment.” Those blessed few who have actually walked the tranquil path to the core of the forest, where the essence of relaxation lies, will tell you that the Thaelon is a land filled with romance, myth and history -where the spirits of nature and the echoes of ancient legends combine to create a unique musical air in a place of eternal youth.

Due to my claims of having seen, and moreover having lived with the light elves, I has been called a dreamy lad with a vast imagination, and even worse, "a lunatic not only day-dreaming but also forcing others to believe in his delusions." These allegations are particularly fueled by my uncertainty on how long I have stayed with these elves and my inabiltiy to speak Styrash fluently. But as I always say: If one was to judge the time I spent among the elves by the changes that took place in my height and face – yes, all those teenage skin complaints and the like - (well, I am in adolescence after all), one would say that I had been in the forest no longer than a few days. Yet, quite conversely, if one was to look at my hair, one would say that it had to be at least three or four months, for I had very short hair when I first woke up to the kind voices of the sacred ones. Furthermore, the elves for no apparent reason spoke only in the common tongue, and not in Styrash unless they wanted to teach mea word or phrase."

But despite these contradictions, to tell the truth, Ailín did pick up a faint elven accent; when he speaks absentmindedly Ailín has a tendency to say “nae” instead of “not”, “be” in place of “is” and “me” for “mine/I”… But of course, as any man who has his head screwed on right would say, there are also millions of “logical” ways to explain the situation.

The way Ailín narrates the story, of course, makes the story even less convincing than it is - everybody knows that the lightelves of the Covering Forest are nothing more than a mere myth from the past. It is a miracle though, that he managed to survive the time in the Thaelon, unconscious and unaware of himself - like an animal looking for his needs. But the gods are said have a deep sympathy for the youth and besides, who knows what Seyella has in mind for him? Let him to hold unto the obscure dreams his shattered mind has produced. Maybe it was these pieces of nonsense that saved his mental sanity. Listen to what the lad has to say, perhaps it will prove to be a tale worth telling after a good night's meal.

“Ailín… Ióéil… Séafra… Cýeáll… These are what I’ve been called by the elves. None of them I know the meaning of, don’t even know if they are separate names or smaller parts of one big rune. My true name? Who knows? Such secrets have long been forgotten and yet to be revealed to me.

I have never had faith in names agreed upon – or worse: before - birth. Perhaps my fellow men’s claims were right, maybe never having, or being aware of, one has clouded my judgment… Perhaps. Hence, I believe in names well earned. Go forth, I can almost see your lips shaping that one disturbing question circling your head, that one long-wondered query few had the courage to ask: “So… what titles have you been called with, then?” Ailín… Ióéil… Séafra… Cýeáll… or so the elves whispered to me. Of this four, none I recognize in structure or meaning; yet, all somehow seem to make that dark rusty corner of sub consciousness quiver. Like ice cold waves washing against the shores of an unknown land, on those last few hours before the warm afternoon breeze turns into a furious storm for the night. Waves that subtly withdraw to the shadowy deep blues, drifting away with all the signs of their presence - leaving only eerie marks of what had once been on the smooth strands of silken sand.

But this much sentiment should be enough for a warrior of your age and stature for a year, right restless champion of perilous exploits? If only you knew the slices you left raw in life to rot behind… We live these compressed lives that are to the elves like the life of a Quillyia is to us, yet we still fail to capture those silent crystalline moments fluttering away from us, flowing from in between our fingers to nothingness like twisted threads of white sand.

You’ve disappointed me, friend. I had expected you to ask the one question that has always remained unasked: What name have I earned through my deeds alone so far? With my past, maybe, forever buried into the blackness of the void, without even shattered fragments of memories left behind, what shall shape my future? I do not know.

Who am I? Why am I here? These are what I ask myself most, when lingering alone in the woods, staring into Silarná’s silver visage reflected on the serene surface of Ephirn’s Lake late at night. The answers, I do not have.

Ahh! To hear those benign whispers in the wind, to fly gently with the evening breeze among the leaves of the sacred trees once again! What more must I give, my love? What else must I sacrifice?”

- written by Ailín Ióéil Séafra Cýeáll on A Day of Resentment

Part Two: Outside the Thaelon

*** Incidents that effected Ailin ***

The first time Ailín consciously set foot on the world outside the Thaelon Forest, and went into a musty looking hut (which was called a ‘tavern’ or so was he later taught by the not-so-polite bartender after Ailín proposed that the hut could use a little wash every once in a while. It was a friendly gesture for sure, offering advice and aid to those who needed it; Ailín never understood why he was yelled at so rudely) he sat next to a jug of heavy perfume. As words cleared the path for more words, the conversation got to a point where both were talking about their dreams for the future, and trying to impress the other with the quality of their wishes, the barmaid slapped Ailín on the face for “deluding her into rebellion with his sweet tongue”. She was, at the same time, trying to articulate that Ailín was “certainly of Murmillion ascendance” since he craved for too much fame and power, through her wails. Also before she finally made it to the kitchen and slammed the door shut with a loud bang, the barmaid (Ailín still regrets not asking her name, for he is sure that she would calm down after sometime –after all these humans had a tendency of being agitated – and would realize how much she hurt him that night) yelled back to him that the Gods would one day punish him for asking too much, and trick others into doing the same.

Of course it was a trivial assertion since Ailín never liked being underground or wearing dark colors (well, at least not all the time), but Ailín did not know this at that time. He still recalls escaping the tavern with tears of shame. Even he had heard the dreadful reputation of the Murmillion society…

Another thing that he still fails to understand is why the elves so abruptly left him, and how he traveled to this place after leaving the Thaelon Woods. (Ask a stranger though, and he’d have the answer: Probably because the lad has never been there!) One day when he woke up, Ailín could no longer see the serene figures of the light elves. All he could sense were their wind-chime like voices singing at the very core of his Being, telling him that they were waiting for him on the outskirts of the forest. After that Ailín does not recall the journey between the heart of the woods and the place he is in now*. It is rather odd for the elves that he had been so close to, to leave him without words of farewell or supplies. It is very probable that his afore mentioned memories of the light elves may only be a repercussion of his abrupt loss and recovery of consciousness.

*Still to be decided according to which rp game I’ll be accepted into. Preferably somewhere near, though.

Weaknesses

- Talking too much [among people he trusts to be his friends] without considering what he is about to say. Usually not considered a serious weakness, but in Ailín’s case – since the strongest weapon he has is his charm- this can prove to be quite devastating and lethal.

- Ailín is unfortunately still dreadfully innocent. He believes everyone is at least as good as he is, and that it is possible for every Being to dig out their decent self even when it has long been covered by hebs of dire memories. Ailín cannot believe that people, willingly, may want to do harm to nature or to another. “They must have been forced into these evil intentions,” Ailín oftentimes reason.

- Being very susceptible to head and neck aches due to his slender body type.

- Suffering from drowsiness and soreness after visions (see strengths).

- Cannot run far or for a long period of time, since he never had to. Ailín has never been extremely physically fit, he is known to get tired more often than the average warrior, but unlike some, he would never let his friends down by asking them to stop unless he really has to.

- Ailín is allergic to dust, and pollen, and quite able to catch a cold without much effort. But he refuses to cease working and living with flowers despite his sensitivity towards their reproductive parts.

- He does not eat much, and has never been into red-meat, likes vegetables (preferably freshly picked up) instead; but when he has no other option, he can “consumes pieces” of a well cooked beef. However he enjoys eating fish, and can tolerate chicken – if they are both not killed in his presence. He also always whispers a short prayer (a plea for maintaining the balance of nature) before eating something that has been hunted.

- Although he loves animals as Beings and takes care for them when “Mother Nature asks (him) to” (when there is need) and loves to fondle them, but dislikes feeding, brushing…those “beast”. Furthermore, he cannot tolerate the scent of domestic animals who have adopted their masters’ smell.

-Afraid of spiders, but none of these fears is exaggerated to the stage of a phobia.

- Like an elf, he is clean, likes to take a bath (if possible in a stream or a lake, alone in the wilderness, but never says no to a hot tub of water) at least once a day. Thus this makes him extremely hard to embark on long journeys where he might not have access to clean water. Now that he has been on the road for more than a few days without a spell of rain, Ailín feels very dirty and insecure. Cleaning will always be his first priority when he arrives at a tavern. This being said, it is obvious that Ailín has no stomach for bad odors and dirty people. This renders him unable to focus on a matter with all his being when in a smelly place.

-Any bad comment about his physical appearance simply infuriates him. Terrified of getting his face charred or marred, he would do anything in a battle to avoid getting war marks. Also dreads the day he’ll have his first line of aging.

- Ailín has never engaged in battle, or held a weapon. He prefers to use his personality and handsome face to deliver him away from trouble.

Strengths

- Ailín’s compassionate and charismatic nature places him in the good side of most people, especially those of elven heritage.

-Is clairodus, can smell things even when it’s physically impossible (like with a cold or swollen nose)

- Ailín can sometimes tell the mood of a person when he catches his/her scent or voice untainted (perfumes, imitating another’s voice etc. makes it hard for him to get an accurate perception).

-Crafted with his fingers. Can produce works of art from everyday materials. (especially from the stems of flowers)

-Although Ailín has never had to face a magic user, he somehow feels that he will have resistance towards magic, especially towards those with destructive patterns (for instance, fire). But he would never engage in battle with a mage simply to prove the theory, since Ailín would hate to be proven wrong on this one, and have his delightful face marred.

- Ailín, once again, believes that he would restore faster than an average human. At the very least, that was what the light elves told him, but he may never know given that he never had a grave accident and is not familiar with how others of his race heal. He, once again, is not too sure about this subject.

- Ailín loves reading and listening to tales, so it is very likely for him to catch up on the things he missed, and become quite a learned (that is if he can get past his innocence) teenager.

-A brilliant thinker, he is adept at formulating plans and creating strategies.

Possessions

Nothing much. The only things worth mentioning are the clothes he wears and the Astyrhim token (both “supposed to be” given by the light elves…) And, yes – he does not
have an extra set of clothes, money, or weapons with him.

Animals/Familiars

Ailín has never been a beast-master/lover type of child. He prefers the company of nature and things he can talk to.

Edited by: Khiera at: 6/15/05 22:16
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 08:49:22 AM »

Hello there! :)  

Ok, the first "major" thing i noticed in your CD is that you mention and make reference to the Light Elves. I'm sorry but that will have to be removed, and your CD tweaked and edited to reflect that change. I don't think references or contact with the Light Elves are permitted for PCs, unless you obtain special permission from the Admins.

All the other parts of your CD looks ok, but parts that make reference to the Light Elves will have to be tweaked and edited. It's a nicely done CD, very well-written :)

I can't do any further evaluation until you tweak the Light Elves aspect. So, i'll be back to take a look over your CD once more when you have done so :)  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 01:49:22 AM »

:(  So do I have to remove them completely, or make them sound more like the ridicilous assertions of a mad man? :pet

Thanks Khiera, for all the sweet comments :hug  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 12:54:22 AM »

Well, actually either can work ... though, personally i would suggest that you just remove reference of them completely, since any reference to them, crazed or not, will have to be checked and cross checked and that might entail a whole lot more subsequent tweaking than you would want, IMO. I'm very sorry that you will have to rework your whole CD around the Light Elves aspect :(   But requirements are requirements, and i can't be impartial.

You write very well though, i think it should not take much to make some slight changes here and there ... plus you know the world well already :)  

You're getting there! Looking forward to seeing your edits done and getting your CD approved this time round :nod  

:hug  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/25/04 16:55
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
CD Mod

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »

Coren, Hun, this is the second time you've posted your CD. Light Elves weren't accepted then and they aren't accepted now. You know this. ::taps his nose.::

New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 07:08:22 PM »

But i did make some changes, you know... With his apperance, the repitative personality part, history etc... Just hoped to make a last shot at it, before I totally give up with the Light Elf stuff :b  

Since I promised to be a good :pet  , i will begin eradicating most of that stuff. (i'll probably try to keep some very minor parts :fish ) And for those remaining, i'll make sure that there are so many contradictions in them that they can easily pass for the rantings of a prophet :biggrin  Anyway, it's just me being silly again :rolleyes

Thanks all, for being so kind and patient with me
May the Winds watch your path and guide your steps,
coren

New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 01:21:22 AM »

:: apologizes for polluting the boards more than necessary ::

I removed some of the Astryhim deal, and made the rest seem as unrealistic as I could manage. Please tell me if there are any obvious things I'm missing. :noidea   I'm really sorry to cause all of you this much trouble, but I'm still desperately hoping to keep at least a very little :: makes a hobbit face, and signs with his fingers the tiny amount he is talking about :: portion of the tale...

Bad me, I guess. :fish   :b  :hammer  

(I think i'm getting addicted to all these emoticons :o ops)

Edited by: Ailin Ioeil Seafra Cyeall at: 1/27/04 17:24
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 07:34:22 AM »

Right, let's take a look:

Hmmm ... like i said, anything with reference to the Light Elves in a CD is going to be very iffy. I will need Rayne or another Admin's ok on your history part before i can give my approval, since i'm not much of an elf person. Apart from that,

Quote:
He can sometimes tell the mood of a person when he catches his/her scent or voice untainted.

How? Explain/elaborate/clarify.

Quote:
When totally free of worldly worries, Ailín can hear the whispers in the wind (especially if he is alone in the wilderness at midnight, when all is quiet)

Again, clarify/explain/elaborate. Eg. what do you mean by "whispers" in the wind?

Besides that, i think once your history section/Light Elves aspects is Ok'ed, your CD will be ready to go :)

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 02:27:22 AM »

I'll write more on those tonight. Thank you so much for helping again! I hope they'll trust me not to do anything silly/extraordinary (i promise that i won't use the light elves to give him a unique ability or something)

:pet   :pet   :pet  

PS: made the changes, but the mood-sensing thing still looks too unnatural to me. He sometimes just knows how someone else is feeling, that's all. But I absolutely have no idea how to phrase this :b :hammer

Also I'm not sure if the altered whispers in the wind are ok to Santharian measures. They're once again, only this eerie feeling you get at lonely night. Lord! Does Ailin has schizophrenia or what? :lol  

Edited by: Coren FrozenZephyr at: 1/29/04 14:13
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 12:26:22 PM »

I have to agree with Rayne. I was suspecting that the references to the Light Elves may be too strong. I'm not being nitpicky, but your whole history is kind of centered around the Light Elves ... certainly there is more to your character than his obsession with the Light Elves? If you want to have references to the Light Elves approvable, then your character must have substantial substance that can stand apart from the Light Elves. IMHO.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 08:06:22 PM »

I knew I was missing something... Will get to work on it asap.

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 02:32:22 AM »

Quote:
elves don't have a real notion of beauty.If something is wind-like,it's just  they typically think of it as "beautiful," and thus the elven standards of beauty are different from the elves

***Now I'm totally confused - what does Ailin's beauty have to do with elves' perception of "beauty" as a concept? Did I say somewhere that elves (rather than) find him attractive. Oofff, I'm soooo absent-minded these days... I'm sorry if I did that, I'll change it as soon as I can find where I wrote that stupid thing.

*** How about organizing all the strange things under VISIONS: ?
(thanks for pointing out Rayne, i'd never have seen that :hug  )
(btw, can you also comment on my last post about these visions?)

-Is clairodus, can smell things even when it’s physically impossible (like with a cold or swollen nose)

- When totally free of worldly worries, Ailín can hear the whispers in the wind (especially if he is alone in the wilderness at midnight, when all is quiet) speaking softly to each other of the day’s proceedings.

- Ailín can sometimes tell the mood of a person when he catches his/her scent or voice untainted (perfumes, imitating another’s voice etc. makes it hard for him to get an accurate perception).

Also on HISTORY: (capitals to help ppl find where I have the additional bits:D  )  

Edited by: Coren FrozenZephyr at: 2/7/04 18:39
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2004, 07:46:22 AM »

*sigh*

I think you have fallen back in your old habits before the discussions about how to lessen the requirements of a CD.
I have only reread 2/3 of the CD, but I think I can say, that it is really ok apart from some small obscurities (whisper of the wind). The reference to the lightelves is so vage, that he can really get away as somebody who has bats in the belfry.
He has said of which lineage he is. So why do you want to know who his parents where and why he was "lost"? It is not of interest in the moment, not for his ability of roleplaying. Maybe he can search for his parents and evaluate a history why playing? Why has this to be done all at once?
What would it help if he wrote, that he was raised without complications, but while traveling one day along the Thaelon, a lightning struck him and he lost his memory, was unaware of himself for a certain amount of time, and that he survived somehow in the Thaelon??With or without the lightelves? A ban on something may make sense, but there should be sometimes an exception of the rule if circumstances make it acceptable.

I really have the impression, that the discussion some time ago was in vain.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 08:27:22 AM »

Alright, if another Mod/Admin posts to say that they are ok with the current references to the Light Elves, i will be happy to give my approval.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2004, 11:43:22 PM »

Oopps... forgot to paste what I wanted in history... (and lost it, as usual :fish )

If the light elves will be troublesome, I'll try to work around it a little bit more. Starting to formulate a few plan regarding his family history.. but not sure if they'll be helpful at all. As Talia pointed out, no matter how much I elaborate that section it won't make a difference - since he'll still have to end up in Thaelon and will have lost his memory... :\  So sorry to be the trouble maker again...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]