Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ailín Ióéil Séafra Cýeáll- Rayne do you still wish to check?  (Read 7658 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2004, 09:45:22 AM »

Hmm ... ok, with the magic bit removed, things are looking better.

Just one last question to clarify: So, your character left for Ximax at the age of 15, disappeared mysteriously for 9 months or so and then reappeared again??

After this bit is clarified, i will be happy to give approval :)  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Ailin Ioeil Seafra Cyeall
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2004, 01:17:22 AM »

Yep

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2004, 02:01:22 AM »

Alrighty, since the problematic parts have been removed, and the history seems rational, you have my approval :)  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2004, 04:32:22 AM »

:: dances around ::

I thought I needed to have my eyes checked when I saw that + sign next to my name!!!

Thank you so much everyone, for all the effort you put into making Ailin come to life!

:hug  all fellow Santharians

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2004, 09:39:22 AM »

Shush-a your face and go RP!
*stamp* Approved.
Check your title please.

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Edited by: Radaroc at: 2/19/04 1:43
Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2004, 04:36:22 AM »

Rayne-bunny, feel free to check it anytime you want - I can wait for you. If there was one thing I learned from our argument, it is that it's usually worth waiting if it would other wise result in broken hearts. :)  

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2004, 01:33:22 AM »

:noidea  I had been praying so hard that no-one would ask those two questions...

Those are actually parts of Strash words put together (without following the Santharian Strash principles) to hint at what the actual complex-word/phrase would mean. There is a reason for this, but I don't think of discussing it here - especially before Koldar is finished with an entry he is working on.

There actually is a reason why Ailin would want/tend to study Earth magic, and why his mother is making such a big issue about it. I know I mustn't be saying this, otherwise I may have write another history section, but as soon as the necessary entries are posted in the dev forum I will be able to put up a more detailed history of his mother's side - where her great great grandma came from etc.

The Thaelon bit: the mods suggested that I make that part as vague as possible. Thus I tried to give the general atmosphere of the indefinete time period he spent in the Covered Woods - without actually describing anything that might have caused more issues. (I can't start describing what happened in the forest, then ppl would re-tell me that the light elves are a mere myth and that no pc contacts with them are acceptable :fish ) Plus, as Talia stated, why should it matter how he survived with or without the Astryhim?

Thanks for the comments though :p  Unfortunately I can't be more specific atm

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2004, 03:43:22 AM »

:crazy  Of course I do? Why would I go through all this trouble to create him otherwise?

And Rayne pls... :\  There are many characters on the boards (even elven ones) who names
a) don't mean anything
b) are not grammatically correct

And for the history, you wouldn't have said this if I hadn't told you about the changes I was planning for his mother side. Even if you couldn't think of it, then that should mean that they probably weren't important. The history as it is, (pls don't get this as an 'argument') imho, is already enough for the current standards. I have his family history, his refences to the Thaelon and what has motivated to explore the world included there. So please ?

Coren FrozenZephyr
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2004, 03:21:22 AM »

Hun',

I do wish to start rping asap, but then again... I don't want to hurt you... After all, asking for your opinion and then simply ignoring is very rude - well, at least according to my standards.

And then, I also understand the reasoning behind your critiquings... So I really don't know what to do...

Would it be ok for you - and don't lie or back away - if I promised with all my being to start rping now, and then return (when the entries are done, in about 3-4 weeks) to translate my name and get that mother-side-history bit sorted out? Don't get me wrong, i honestly would have done it now.. but then ppl will tell me that there is no info on the site regarding this, and that i can't make things/historical events/dialects up... And then, i'll have to explain everything all over again (with references to the dev board)... In any way, Ailin would have to wait for a month to meet your standards.

So what do you say?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]