Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ximax OOC  (Read 69980 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2010, 01:36:47 AM »

Hey Talia, nice to see you back. I pray that your family is doing well or as best as can be expected, especially where your parents are concerned.
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2010, 04:14:27 AM »

I think I'd written somewhere that Roosje had asked Talia to put the two of them down, but if its easier for you to ignore my post go ahead, I will write a new one then assuming that Roosje and Inuya are still on Swing's back.

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2010, 07:37:38 AM »

Yes, you wrote that in your last post, but this one contradicts what Teri has written before.

I'll quote the relevant part

The guard looks in a mild panic, and others approach. "There'll be no fighting here!", one of them shouts desperately, and the elves ignore him. Rather, on a sudden, the woman speaks, her tongue fluently Styrash. The lead elf on her left, apparently the one most superior in rank or age, it is difficult for most to tell, listens to her for a moment, and the protectors draw back slightly. The woman dismounts, and the front-right outrider takes the reins of her animal. The leader also dismounts, and meets her when she is yet ten peds from the aj'nuvic and its riders. For a moment they converse in the elven tongue, and finally embrace. He turns to the aj'nuvic's rider with a hopeful smile as the woman steps forward, nearly within reach of the creature's head, looks hopefully up at the Shendar, and within her eyes glowing a new light, she asks, brokenly, "T-Talia?

So, they are already at the gate when we come out. There is no time for you to get of the aj.

But, maybe now is the time for you.. I think Inuja could glide over the back and  jump down, and you could use the ropes which go around the belly of Swing, there are spare ones, you could throw one down and use it to climb down - if you wish and not feeling safer on top!

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »

*waves to all*

Welcome back Teri, I like your post very much, makes me curious about your past. Hmm, Talia should be a bit more suspicious towards your companions or wondering why you have them... maybe I edit a little.

A cool story you broke from the fence, Capher (is that an expression? ;)  no ), and great posts also. I do like our new addition Sondirra! :)

However, I do have some problems with the whole plot , not with the plot itself, but how it was written (sounds wrong also) - I didn't have the time to answer you Capher, when you asked me. FIRST - no changes or edits!!!

I want to show some problems only to avoid further when we go on.

1. Your change happens a bit to suddenly, Capher - obviously Eckra already deceived the group from the very beginning of the new day in the library (the old librarian/orc tells me that). But, as you go along, you are writing about emotions only the true Capher would have had. I think, there would be needed a strict description from the outside. If you want to surprise your fellow writers and not already show what Eckra feels.

The idea is great, I have no problems with the cave, the portal and so on.

2. Location. Where is the library? Is this an extra building in Ximax somewhere? OR, is not the only significant and important one to us in the academy itself? I know, I have not "intervened" earlier, when I was still here and we mentioned the library earlier, but we should have used the fine description we have on the site:

The Magical Academy

I quote the library tower:

#

The Library Tower
The Library Tower (also called the "Tower of Tomes", "Tower of Books", "Tower of History, Myth and Lore") stands as an impressive sight, its great height and width overshadowing the grounds beneath its hallowed being. The tower houses all of the great tomes, scrolls and written knowledge ever composed by Ximaxian magi. The tower also houses many foreign tomes, as well as ancient relics and artifacts. The tower is thus both a grand museum and trove of books that is one of the great wonders in all Xaramon. Only the great Compendium Library in New-Santhala and the Royal Library in Thalambath rival the Ximaxian Library.

Inside the tower, rows upon rows of bookshelves line the walls. Each shelf is over two peds long and three peds high. Crammed within each shelf are books of every size, shape and colour. Ancient works such as a copy of the Avaesthoria, Book of Aheh, Tome of Time and the Dwarven Rock Tales all find a home in the library. The first eight floors of the tower house the book collection. The ninth floor houses the hundreds of scrolls kept in all manner of condition under display cases made of glass and wood. The tenth floor houses the relics and functions as a museum. The upper floors are offices and living quarters for the dozens of librarians and archivists that maintain the collection day after day.

There are lower basement floors as well. Most visitors, and even students of the Academy, know little of the lower levels of the library tower. It is said that there are many underground levels and even a catacomb underneath it. Some students often say these lower levels function to keep the library’s many forbidden and dark texts locked away in vaults so as to keep curious eyes from reading the evil words within: books on summoning demons as well as many foreign books of magic. It is these tomes that the most powerful of the Ximaxian archmagi wish to keep hidden, or so it is said.
[/size]
#

You visited probably the lower floors...

3. The orb: I know, the old description, how it came down,  seems to understand the orb as a (solid?) object, but it is never spoken of it as one. The newer interpretation are as I mentioned in the "Important Things Thread" is that it is a piece of Void or similar mysterious, but surely nothing you can touch or which has its own consciousness, with whichyou can speak! Maybe it is just a small confined area in the middle of the dome, untouchable, invisible somehow, which displays the magical properties of enhancing every magic tenfold. Even my interpretation, that it might heal Capher is not cannon!

So, as I said - please no editing or changing - but let us continue with giving credit to the academy as it is written AND read the Zirghurim Dwarves thoroughly, for they are very different from the rest!

Thank you! :)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #304 on: September 10, 2010, 04:00:28 AM »

HI Talia, I knew I was going to be in trouble, (hangs head in shame) when I began down this road without without waiting for you...I am sorry. My only excuse is that the idea of impersonation came as I was just writing a post and the more I wrote, the more it fascinated me as to how the rest of the group would react. I did not take the time to do any research, nor think about how the fake Capher (Ekcra) would react to certain situations; such as the barn incident, nor when he cried and Ta'las found him kneeling on the ground. Yes, Eckra would try and think of how Capher would react and then do them, but there would have been some differences, some subtle, some more obvious that there was something wrong with him.

Talia, thank you for pointing all of this out for it will make me think and become a better writer. You are such an inspiration to me and I need you to keep me on my toes! (an expression) In other words to kick my butt and point out my mistakes and laziness when it comes to posting. You're a treasure and I do not know what I would do without you, and I believe the rest would agree.
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #305 on: September 10, 2010, 04:25:19 AM »

I hope that's acceptable. I must learn to speak Styrash for myself, rather than copying and pasting from the dictionary.

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

« Reply #306 on: September 10, 2010, 04:32:40 AM »

Talia, thank you for pointing all of this out for it will make me think and become a better writer. You are such an inspiration to me and I need you to keep me on my toes! (an expression) In other words to kick my butt and point out my mistakes and laziness when it comes to posting. You're a treasure and I do not know what I would do without you, and I believe the rest would agree.
A statement I cannot let pass without giving my most hearty concurrence.

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #307 on: September 10, 2010, 08:30:58 AM »

Chalk me up as in agreement. :D

And Talia, you have no idea how hard that last post was to write.  You can tell by the length of time between posts that I was struggling.  I just did not how to react.  I was a bit lost after the plot twist, to tell the truth.  Haven't been part of the story long enough to know how to field those types of surprises.  Even so, I was not happy with the post once it was done, but I needed to post something.  So, I'm glad that you approve, and you as well, Capher. :)

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »

Capher, no need to 'hang your head in shame', you make me blush. Without your ideas the story would be not as fascinating as it still is. Maybe we need each other? ;)

I was not aware, that your idea was to replace Capher the whole time, just this day - but be it as it is, let's go on! (But if you wish, you could edit out only three or so phrases, than it would be ok! Or should i do this?)

---> You could however use the description of the academy now? Capher in the dome - 'somewhere' . I don't think, you need to be addressed by the orb - could it be not something in your inner self which alerts you to the need of your friends, or a ghost from the past, like your master, Seyella trying to intervene (well, she can't, doesn't matter, if you write it how YOU experience it)?

I could imagine, that a dragon like you might escape the dome - and give some spectacular appearance to the students there...

Maybe it is good, if you are not healed entirely, that may come with the time.
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

« Reply #309 on: September 11, 2010, 04:26:09 AM »

Simple explanation for the orb(s): Capher's interpretation of the forces playing on his mind. Also, his transforming, etc. could be the same, a form of hypnosis induced during his healing. I don't know how dragon minds work, but I do know it's possible for a human to envision things in a metaphorical sense that don't exist literally. Take hallucinogenics, for example. The poor stoner kid who could'a swore he had a personal interview with Shrek from the Disney cartoons.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2010, 07:56:21 PM »

That's a great explanation, Teri!

Capher, maybe just add one sentence whith a hint, that what you experinece happens in your mind..!

Teri  hug
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2010, 02:53:49 PM »

Great idea Teri, thanks.

Talia, will write in the sentence.

EDIT: I put in a bit more than one sentence in my last post, but I did put into place Teri's idea. If there is any editing to be done please tell me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:22:15 PM by Capher » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #312 on: September 17, 2010, 02:33:11 AM »

Hey, did we lose everybody again?
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

« Reply #313 on: September 17, 2010, 05:47:25 AM »

I'm still watching, waiting for the right moment to speak.

EDIT: That was beautiful, Capher! When I first suggested it, I thought it was cheap. Then your first mention of the idea also seemed a little cheap, but your latest post fleshed it out nicely, making it pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:17:13 AM by Aueniteri » Logged

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »

No, no, I just thought, I wait and see if Roosje wants to post, and then I was too tired when staying with my parents.

I might post today! :)

Capher, don't you want to use the library of the Academy? If any old tomes are somewhere, then they are there! I don't know, if there is a library of any significance in the city itself. I haven't read thought the submission Rayne started , but the old entry says nothing about it.

The Magical Academy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:49:31 PM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]