Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Vetting Process (The Palace Application Thread)  (Read 16398 times)
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« on: January 28, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »

To all those interested in joining this story, please post an application here. :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 03:32:38 AM by Drea » Logged

Drea's CD

Honour is within you, and cannot be taken away by others.  Neither highborn Knights with hollow souls, or gossiping harpies can break your spirit unless you let them.- Drea
Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:57:35 PM »

I would like to enter and use Ylaya for this story. Any places for an assassin to take or spy, I suppose there are many?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:18:38 PM by Ylaya » Logged

Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:40:19 PM »

Welcome Ylaya.   Feel free to use the Spitball room to throw out some ideas so that we are all on the same page. :D

Drea's CD

Honour is within you, and cannot be taken away by others.  Neither highborn Knights with hollow souls, or gossiping harpies can break your spirit unless you let them.- Drea
Dax Darksteel
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 02:21:40 AM »

Once i complete my Dax Darksteel i'd like to join in as well (just because of the freedom concept), i don't have a clue as to wat his role would be as of yet. Perhaps just a visitor of the city who accidently gets caught in some kind of dubious plot. I'l first try and finish Dax, i am gonna work him towards Santhala while i am still doing his history...

Nicely done with the storytelling Drea, i don't know if i am capable of telling the story in the same manner because my native language isn't english but i'l do my best (a different style) . When i have some good ideas of the direction i wanna make it go i'l post it on the Spitball room.

And Drea, you forgot to post an OOC, which might be useful, or does the spitball room serve that purpose as well?

Anyway i'l be seeing you...  grin
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 02:42:29 AM »

When you are finally approved, feel free to post an application again, Dax. :)

Not to worry about the manner of story telling.  Practice makes perfect and the more you write in English, the easier it will become.

And yes, the Spitball Room is the OOC.  I may have to make that a bit more clear.

Drea's CD

Minóki Kíuru
Frostflower
Approved Character

Human, Himiko

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »

I always wanted to run a small tavern at one point in my life, maybe I can start as serving girl?  :D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:02:35 PM by Minóki Kíuru » Logged

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 04:11:06 PM »

Perhaps Kalina could be one of the Scholars/Writers/Musicians for one of the Embassies?

I know my CD isn't "complete", but it is back on my drawing board and much of what is already written will not change other than rewording. If need be, I can place a basic write up tomorrow for more clarification :)

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »

Oh yes!  heart

I'm sure either embassy could use your talents.  *leans in and whispers*  Though I hear there's a party coming up in the Nermeran Embassy.  Gonna need some entertainment there. ;)

Drea's CD

Ylva Rasmussan
Oddball Healer
Story Mod

Human, Murmillion.

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 05:09:12 PM »

Minoki- A compendium writer now forced to work as a serving girl? Boy, this girl's come down in the world ain't she?  grin You're hired!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:09:42 PM by Ylva Rasmussan » Logged
Ylva Rasmussan
Oddball Healer
Story Mod

Human, Murmillion.

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »

Kalina-

I'm going to create a post later today, where Dorian Noone is forced by Quinn to go do real work and find him some damn proper musicians at The Courtyard, if you like he can run into you there and ask you to help him.

Once at the party, either Fruwee or Tristram could hire you as a writer or scholar (hell, after hearing that you're a writer, they'll probably start trying to outbid each other!). You could even become the Nermeran Ambassador's new Personal Secretary or Castellan Assistant.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:26:39 AM by Ylva Rasmussan » Logged
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:24:37 PM »

The only issue with the Courtyard, is it isn't the type of environment Kalina would be drawn to, especially at her age and experiences. Sophistication and hierarchies is something which would pull her more than a Tavern.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 11:31:54 PM »

Then don't feel you are limited to simply posting in the Tavern.  Was only a suggested starting point.  If Kalina wouldn't go there, then simply approach one of the embassies.  I'm sure one of the Castellans, or their assistants, will take care of you. :)

Drea's CD

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:19 PM »

Yep, I shall see what I can get posted tonight :)

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Minóki Kíuru
Frostflower
Approved Character

Human, Himiko

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 11:40:59 PM »

Ylva - I'm not forced to be a serving girl. It is more that I research what kind of people live here in New Santhala, or Santharia in general - and where is this better possible than in a tavern at the courtyard?   Big Grin

Apart from that, I need some extra money. I have not delivered a lot of reports lately, they still wait for the Himiko to be written and all the other Northern stuff. No work, no money ;)

Ylva Rasmussan
Oddball Healer
Story Mod

Human, Murmillion.

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 12:28:46 AM »

Kalina- What Drea said, was only suggestion, but if your player is suited to sophistication and hierarchies, that's fine too.  grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]