Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spitball Room (AKA OOC)  (Read 46659 times)
Markus Boadicea
The Lonely Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #270 on: April 07, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »

*Pokes thread with a stick*

... *Tilts head to the side in a thoughtful expression* ...

*Pokes thread with a stick again*

No one holds command over me. No man. No god. No prince. What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal? What is a claim of power for ones who defy death? Call your damnable hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me.

http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=7491.0
Raworaan
Smart Alec
Approved Character

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »

With Drea's blessing, I'm posting in the palace story ... my uncle, Cyradin should be by at some stage soonish as well.

Hope you enjoy what you read!

I also intend to do a small bit of puppeting of one of the serving girls from the inn ... I hope that's fine ... if it isn't, I'll change her to another NPC. Could one of the mods clarify for me ... are players permitted to do minor puppeting of NPCs created by the mods?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:24:19 PM by Raworaan » Logged

If anyone out there calls those two 'teenagers' I'll turn them into frogs. The correct term is adolescence and the only good thing that comes out of it is that most everyone grows out of it. (paraphrasing David Eddings)
Raworaan's CD
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #272 on: June 01, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »

That is what they are there for.  Use them as you see fit. :D

For everyone else, we are relaunching The Palace.  Anyone who was involved before, please let us know, and we will pick up your story lines where they were left off.

Anyone who wants to join, please, feel free to post a request and we will get you in.

Drea's CD

Honour is within you, and cannot be taken away by others.  Neither highborn Knights with hollow souls, or gossiping harpies can break your spirit unless you let them.- Drea
Eyimon Sorossa
Shining Paragon
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #273 on: June 02, 2011, 02:47:20 AM »

Sorry to have dropped the ball on my end. Syvaein and Eyimon will be happy to return!

For ten years I have been polishing this sword;
Its frosty edge has never been put to the test.
Now I am holding it and showing it to you, sir:
Is there anyone suffering from injustice?
Raworaan
Smart Alec
Approved Character

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #274 on: June 02, 2011, 07:03:57 AM »

Earlier today, Uncle Cyr, or perhaps it was Dek, I can't remember who it was, it wasn't me, though evil was speaking to Leofric, a mysterious ranger seen in these parts a while back, to let him know that we were trying to restart this story ... he said he'd be by tomorrow to check it out, as he was just on his way to bed.  grin

Edit: Thanks for that clarification Drea ... some people in other forum based rping environments get rather precious with regards to the NPCs they create ... and they kick up a stink if anyone as much as mentions their NPC by name in a post, especially if it checked out previously if it was alright to do so ... I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here ... I was sure it wasn't, but it doesn't hurt to check. :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:50:00 AM by Raworaan » Logged

If anyone out there calls those two 'teenagers' I'll turn them into frogs. The correct term is adolescence and the only good thing that comes out of it is that most everyone grows out of it. (paraphrasing David Eddings)
Raworaan's CD
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #275 on: June 02, 2011, 03:27:54 PM »

I wouldn't mind bringing Kalína back as well.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Salkazrian
Kaiar Strategist
Approved Character

Human, Kuglimz

« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2011, 05:58:53 AM »

Er, yeah, Salk is still around and would like to get back into the story.  I'm generally too busy to even fart at the moment, but should have a lot more free time in a few weeks... :)

In military strategy, as in life itself, timing is everything!

Salkazrian's CD
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »

The more the merrier, Kali and Salk. :)  Not farting is definitely a plus, I'd say.

To everyone else, Raw brings up a very important point.  This story was created so that emphasis was placed on plot development.  By being part of this story, you are to concentrate on moving forward, and not get bogged down in minor dialogue.  We don't want to spend three months and 6 posts introducing two people.  We want you to come in with an idea what you want your character to do, a plot that you want to make happen within the framework of what everyone else is doing.  To do that, use the existing NPCs freely, or create new ones to forward your story.

There are some caveats to this.  You must be somewhat realistic to the environment.  We are in the capital city of all of Santharia.  You can't just come in and start a killing spree.  The place has city watch, soldiers, etc that will investigate and catch you.  You can't just create a war out of thin air.  This is NOT a video game.

Drea's CD

Honour is within you, and cannot be taken away by others.  Neither highborn Knights with hollow souls, or gossiping harpies can break your spirit unless you let them.- Drea
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #278 on: June 13, 2011, 03:30:57 AM »

Alrighty. Makes sense. So basically, use your imagination to bring your character to an ending point? At least have something in mind when it comes to your character's development into the story.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »

Just wondering if anyone remembers this story and might want to join us again?  Though, by "us" I mean me, so far.  Have not heard from my other two Mods.  But, I'd be willing to get the Vardynn Embassy up and running, once more. :D

Just checking to see if there is indeed some interest here.

Drea's CD

Rellech Arnevahr
Aristocratic Ass
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #280 on: April 05, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »

Due to lack of activity, The Palace will be boxed up and sent to the archives, as agreed by the moderators of this story.  Thank you to all those who contributed to this story. :)

Not all men are created equal.  Some are born with cunning, guile and the drive to rise above those around them.  I am such a man.- Rellech

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]