Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1A -- That's Just How It Works  (Read 18948 times)
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2004, 12:22:22 AM »

"I'm very sorry. How rude of me. Ryldor Gadriel at your service ma'am," he said with a slight bow to Aryia'en. "And I'll be quite grateful for the company between here and Caelum. Perhaps, by the time we get there, I'll be able to convince you to continue on with us," he said with a wink. "Please. Come. The journey will be long and we should be on our way. Ryldor bowed again and walked over to Shadow. "Ready for another journey, my friend?" With that, he climbed into the saddle and followed Luca out of the gate.  

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Luca the Thief
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2004, 09:37:22 AM »

"Time to go!" she exclaimed cheerfully, pulling herself onto Butterball's back, only to slide right off the other side. After a few tries, no fall or slip even coming close to fazing the half-elf, Luca sat triumphantly atop the horse.

And so they rode along the river bank, deciding it best to cross where the current was more managable for some of the...lesser horses. Butterball in particular seemed to suffer from several mental deficiencies, some of which included mood swings, multiple personalities and an appetite for anything that resembled grass; namely hair and horse tails.

After two days of casual riding, with the sun high in the sky and beginning it's decent into the west, the party stopped to rest on the river bank.

"I'm hungry!" Luca moaned, tired of eating fruit and roast rabbit. Often times, the half-elf would leave Butterball to follow the party as she ran off for unknown periods of time, only to return with her dinner. Staring forlornly into the water, Luca suddenly jumped.

"Fish! There are fish in the water!" she cried, running over to Mavrus, the group member (aside from Shaer) who received the most of Luca's incessent babbling. But the thief, in all her excitement, tripped over Ryldor to land flat on her rear between the two men. "There are fish in the water! Oh, I havn't had fish in so long," she cried, staring up with big brown eyes at the two men of the group, "But I don't know how to fish...."

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life"

Mavrus
New Santharian

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2004, 10:33:22 AM »

When Luca said they were ready to go, Mavrus mounted his horse.   He noticed his massive size and armor weighed the horse down considerably, and Mavrus, as if knowing what the horse was feeling, got off, and took it by the reigns instead.  "I think.. I'll just walk for now," Mavrus said quietly into the horse's ear.  Stroking the smooth brown fur of it's mane, he led it after Luca.  Mavrus was quite conditions, and kept up at a moderate speed, but when the others started to speed up, he was forced to mount his newly aquired horse.  

Two days passed, and in that time there was much talk from Luca.  The conversation was usually interesting for Luca was quite the character, but being outdoors and having the companionship was even better.  Well, companion, as Mavrus tended not to talk with Aryia'en and Ryldor.  The latter who seemed to be around her more often than not.  Traveling along the river bank, it's cool blue water rushing past them, they decided to take a rest.

All of a sudden, Luca ran up to Mavrus shouting about fish.  His eyes went towards the water and when he heard a crash, he turned them back towards Luca, who was sprawled out on the ground.  Offering her a hand, he started slowly, "Yes.. but I don't know how to fish either.  Quiet a dilema, I must say."

Luca the Thief
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2004, 06:46:22 AM »

Not seeming to notice Mavrus' hand, Luca rolled back onto her shoulders then threw herself up onto her feet. Dusting off her skirt, Luca stared forlornly at the river. "Oh, I havn't had a nice fish in so long," she said to herself, then turned her pleading eyes to Mavrus, "It can't be that hard to fish! I mean...all men know how. It's in your blood. It's what seperate men from women! Er...well..." she stuttered, scratching her head.

"That's beside the point! I think you, and you," she said, pointing to Ryldor, "should go fishing. And if you don't, well..." Luca trailed off as she grabbed both men by the hand and began dragging them to the river side. "So yes. Catch us womenfolk some fish!"

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life"

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2004, 09:10:22 AM »

Ryldor rolled his eyes as Luca grabbed his hand and led him and Mavrus to the river to catch some fish. "How would I know how to catch a fish? Don't we just pay people to do that for us?" He paced around a little and then looked at Mavrus. "It involves nets doesn't it? Catching fish?" he asked the tall warrior.

Suddenly an idea popped into his head. "I know how we could catch fish" he said with an big smile as he walked over to Luca. He scanned the river and saw a brightly colored fish swimming lazily along. He put one hand on Luca's back while point to the fish with the other. "See that big orange one? GO GET IT!" he yelled as he pushed her toward the river.

Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Luca the Thief
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2004, 11:20:22 AM »

The river was suddenly coming up to meet Luca in the face as she realized her sudden drippy doom. But one thing Ryldor had forgotten was who it was he was pushing. With a simple cross of her legs, and the right amount of applied force, Luca managed to spin herself around to face Ryldor and latch onto his wrist.

With a yank, Luca dragged the elf in with her. Water flew in little sparkles to splash onto the river bank, startling Butterball who grazed nearby. In a sudden (and extremely rare) surge of activity, the mottle-reared horse kicked a back leg and sent a shower of decently sized rocks in the general direction of the two remaining party members.

"Yii!!" Luca cried, the crisp cold water folding over her and filling the half-elf's mouth with clear river water.

Aryia en Evasha
New Santharian

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2004, 12:59:22 AM »

Two days had passed, and it wasn't as bad as Aryia`en had expected. She had found no reason to either dispose of her companions or dispense with them. Apart from the fact that Shaer found an immense fascination with -- besides the zippy little brown and cream coloured talking human they called "Ssssluuuca" -- Butterball's seemingly shifting speckles while Butterball went around trying to munch on (or off rather) everyone's head, the journeying progressed at a reasonable speed.

Aryia`en had no interest for conversation with neither the eccentric half-elf nor the tall human, and preferred the company of Ryldor ... whenever she preferred company at all. The days were spent praying and practising her weapons, and keeping Shaer well-fed so that he would neither gnaw off parts of Luca or Butterball.

As they came to the banks of the river this day, Aryia`en merely ignored Luca's sudden outburst and intense desire for fish. Watching both Ryldor and Mavrus being dragged off closer to the river banks for a pleaded display of their fishing skills, and inaffectionately turned towards grooming Shaer who now stared dreamily at the river having images of fishes with mops of brown hair leaping spritefully out of the river.

That was until a loud splash directed her gaze back to the river, only to be pelted by a sudden flying assortment of rocks and pebbles. Startled, Aryia`en raised both arms to shield herself, as Shaer slithered off after the hypnotic speckles on Butterball's mottled rear which now seem to be dancing around beckoningly at a furious pace.

When the little pebble shower had cleared, Aryia`en glared straight towards the river, greeted by one and a half wet, sputtering elves.

Aryia`en cocked her head to one side, her expression a mixture of irritation and amusement, "I suppose you know what you are doing, Luca?" and started making her way closer towards the river, with a bewildered Butterball in the background trying to dodge the curling coils of an enamoured Shaer.  

Mavrus
New Santharian

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2004, 10:24:22 AM »

Mavrus was going to help Luca when he saw what Ryldor was about to do, but as the Ryldor attempted to push Luca into the water, though succeeding, in a sense, Luca nimbly spun around and pulled him in with her.  Rocks shot up from a startled Butterball after water splashed up on the horse.  Mavrus ducked the brunt of the rocks, but a few sharp rings of stone hitting metal meant a few rocks found their mark.  

Getting back up, just in time to hear Luca crying out.  He shouted out to Luca and Ryldor, "You two need any help?"

Luca the Thief
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2004, 10:31:22 AM »

Luca sat up and spit a mouthful of rivern water then shot her arm up and whapped Ryldor across the back of the head.

"Look at that! Not only am I wet and cold, but I'm still hungry. And you've scared all the fish away, dimwit! Geez..." Luca muttered, standing up and fixing her wet and clingy skirt. "This will take hours to dry not to mention that I'm still starving."

Luca pulled herself out of the river, not making the least amount of effort to help Ryldor out. Shaking out her hair like a wet dog, Luca looked over at Aryia'en. "I mean, honestly," the thief muttered, digging through her pack for some twine to build another rabbit snare. "They offer to catch you some fish and they don't even show you the respect that you give them!"

Aryia en Evasha
New Santharian

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2004, 09:43:22 AM »

Aryia`en found herself chuckling inside as she came closer to the wet and muttering Luca. It was ... such a wonderful feeling inside. It felt so long ago ...

Aryia`en wasn't surprised that Luca made no effort at all to help Ryldor out of the river. Leaning over at a soaked Ryldor from the banks of the river, Aryia`en extended a hand and a rare, warm smile towards Ryldor, with a tinge of clear amusement hanging on the corners of her lips. "Take my hand." She said. Simply.

A long, and deeply buried spark suddenly crept out of its hiding place within Aryia`en. With one hand still extended towards Ryldor, Aryia`en quietly reached for a clutch of pins with her other hand. She had grown quite familiar with Luca's mannerisms and habitual actions over two days. The ground beneath Luca was soggy and slippery. Aryia`en sent a silent wave of pins towards the soles of the half-elf. Knowing Luca, keen sense and exaggerated movements would probably result in another dramatic splash into the river backwards.  

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/12/04 1:50
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2004, 11:13:22 AM »

Sopping wet Ryldor stood and started to walk towards shore, but found Aryia standing there with her hand extended towards her instead. As he took her hand, Aryia flicked a wrist in Luca directions. With one of her hands in his and her other arm extended out to the side, Ryldor acted on impulse and quickly hugged the warrior elf, slightly dampening her clothes before pulling away.

He left her side, saying over his shoulder "Thanks for the hand," and made his way to Shadow, opened up a saddlebag and pulled out a change of clothes.

Luca the Thief
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2004, 10:48:22 AM »

Luca pushed a finely carved rose off to the side, trying to remember who had given it to her, Ah...Edward. Or was it Adward? Or maybe it was Fiftadil, oh I can't remember all those me--. But the half-elf's thoughts were cut off as an odd sliding sound of pins in mud entered her sharp ears.

But before the thought could register (a rather casually paced activity), her right foot felt the familiar sensation of pain.

"Yeoow!" she cried, her foot snapping up which sent her bag hurtling through the air towards Shaer. The movement brought the thief into a spin until she had turned right around.

Without a second thought, Luca noted Mavrus not too far off and leaped onto his back. "Horrible bloody bugs bloodsucking insects with pointy noses and and and..."

Mavrus
New Santharian

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2004, 12:13:22 PM »

Mavrus turned away as he recieved no reply from his offer of assistance.  If we haven't caught any fish, I guess it's back to rabbit meat.  I think I have a little bit of bread still left.. he thought to himself.  Not really paying attention to whatever was going on behind him, his thoughts were interrupted by a yell of pain, and a soppy, wet half elf clinging to his back.  "Horrible bloody bugs bloodsucking insects with pointy noses and and and..." Luca said quite loudly.

But before she had said this, he whipped around with his sword on his hand.  "Oh.. just bugs?"  Mavrus questioned the dripping Luca.  He looked over in Ryldor's direction, then back towards Aryia'en.  "Are you alright Luca?  I have some bandages in my pack if you need them."  He took Luca from his back and carefully set her down on the ground.  Walking a few short peds to his bag he had set down earlier, he rummaged through several of the items before pulling out a roll of white bandages.

Aryia en Evasha
New Santharian

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2004, 01:20:22 PM »

Aryia`en felt an odd flare of mischievious disappointment as Luca did not, as anticipated, fall backwards towards the river, but had instead leaped onto Mavrus' back and willing into existence a new species of blood-sucking insects. Still, it was a comical sight to behold, and Aryia`en felt a chuckle jostling its way through her stoic demeanour, only to feel her extended hand being tugged, and then the sensation of something soft and wet pressed against her in embrace ...

... and found herself raising bewildered brows at tussles of damp, dark locks, which subsequently distanced themselves and Ryldor's face came in view.

Aryia`en began to part her lips to say something, but Ryldor had already walked past her and called out over his shoulder, "Thanks for the hand,".

He is ... so ... taken to ... Tharian displays ...

Whatever regiments of long-forgotten mischief and gaiety that had prepared its charge of invasion was suddenly sent scattering in retreat.

Aryia`en's eyes misted. She found herself staring silently at the flowing surface of the river.  

Luca the Thief
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2004, 01:46:22 PM »

Luca sat comfortably on the ground, watching Mavrus with interest. The half-elf, remembering why the knight was holding a roll of bandages, looked down at her foot and pulled a curious looking pin out of her boot. Luca examined it closely, noting a tiny tip of blood on the end.

Realizing how superphicial the "wound" was, Luca tucked the pin into her hair and stood up, tapping her foot on the ground. "Hmm...bugs throwing needles. What next? Mad, drunken brownies?" she said with a cheerful laugh. Looking up at Mavrus, the thief smiled warmly, "Thanks for the effort though, I guess the shock just got to my head, eh?"

With one last forlorn look at the fish stocked river, Luca gathered her things and stood at the bank. "I suppose we ought to go now. The river seems calm enough here to let Butter-- say, where is Butterball?" Luca said, scratching her head and scanning the area.

An unexpected whinny brought Luca's attention back to the river, then up to the opposite bank where the mottled mare stood with a mouthfull of grass, its dumb black eyes staring back at Luca's equally....enchanting...orbs.

"Er...right," Luca stuttered, after snapping out of her wild-animal-versus-horse staring contest, "On we go!" The half-elf turned back to the rest of the party, one half sopping wet and the other half dampened because of involuntary body contact. "Well come on you drippy lot! The sun won't stay up forever!" she said, splashing through the river like a child through a puddle.

Butterball swallowed the last of it's grass and let out an exhasperated horse-sigh. Luca hopped up onto it's back and waited atop for the rest to follow suit and for them to start the next leg of their journey.

Edited by: Luca the Thief  at: 2/14/04 6:35
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]