Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup Related Stuff  (Read 6668 times)
Jenna Silverbirch
Wandering Storyteller
Approved Character

Hafling, Dogodan

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 07:47:59 PM »

Hah, Ismar, I wouldn't say england is one the greatest football playing nations, just a nation of football lovers. On an international standard, we're very good, but not brilliant. I mean, the last time we won the world cup was in 1966, and football has changed a lot since then. And american football has always seemed so weirdly complicated to me- all that stopping and running about and lining up. I heard someone say that american football is the world's most capitalist sport, as everyone has their specific individual role- you have a player that only comes on to kick, for example :D

The world’s so full of wonder, it’d be a shameful waste to live without seeing as much of it as you could’ve.
Jenna Silverbirch -  Burrow by the Sea - Jenna's hobbit hole
Jenna's Creations
Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 09:20:55 PM »

My emotions and thoughts on England vs America:

After buying my first England flag yesterday I was ready for the match.  grin

My neighbourhood were all watching it, outside and inside. Myself and my dad sat down to watch it in our living room. What we saw was a match where England showed its flaws to the world.  

I mean, they were only playing America!!! and what did we get?

1-1

A draw??  Huh? A DRAW???  angry

I mean, you know...dissappointed to say the least. That result was not the best way to show that we are contenders to actually win...we had so many chances...and they were wasted. IN reference to chances I mean the ones that were avaiable to Hesky...I have just have ran out of patience with this guy.

However, I mainly feel bad for the fans who have spent alot of money to go over and watch a less than great team play.

As for the failure of Green. I think Steven Gerrard summed it up well "we're totally behind Rob Green" . But now, just think about it...if they had been during the actually game then it would have been an England victory 1-0.

However, looking on the brighter side, it is only one game. There are still many games to come...so COME ON ENGLAND!!!  Thumb up Never Surrender!

@alt I wasn't being serious at the time, but if you can name three things england is better at than america, then i'll accept it wasn't just a statement of fact.

As for this...well:

1. We have much better food than you: Pies is one good example of where the English surpass America and any other country for that matter. Also we have a good range of cheeses, seafood avaiable and the full English Breakfast trashes a load of pancakes piled up like a load of rusty old cars.

2. We have a much more interesting history that goes far beyound yours in terms of variety and what happened. You can just see it...I mean when people come to England there are much better tourist opporunities that span 1000s of years.  You cannot compete!!! Simple as. I mean it could be said we played a major part in your history as well, I mean come on...who invented English...England!

3. We also have better quality cars...the Aston Martin for example! We also started many of these brands (Well known and with strong histories) Rolls-Royce, Lotus, Jaguar  and Bentley.

4. In addition who has dominated Formula 1 racing for the last two years, two racing drivers from England...Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button. America in comparison tried to enter F1 this year...but never made it to the first race...a perthetic display of what America has to offer motorsport. USF1 = Failure!

So...there you go. 3+ I think you will count!  :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:39:41 PM by Ylaya » Logged

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 10:23:59 PM »

Ylaya, America would have knocked italy out last year but a biased referee gave 3 yellow cards to an italian player without sending him off and disallowed a blatant american goal.

1) Pies weren't invented in england, and neither were the components of the english breakfast. In fact, america has better pies than england. Also, food is a matter of taste (pardon the pun), so you can't back up your claim.

2) Not true, you just have a better documented history. The little we know of Native American history is absolutely fascinating. Again, you can not back up your claim.

3) Jaguar- owned by General motors. Bentley- owned by VW. Rolls-royce- owned by Bmw. Aston Martin- owned by an investment company in Kuwait. Lotus- owned by a malaysian car maker called proton. By the way, ever heard of dodge, cadillac, corvette, ford, chevrolet, pontiac, or buick? Besides, who made the first mass-produced car? Oh yeah, mr. ford. What nationality was he? Oh yeah, american.

You have found one thing. Two more, please.

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price."
- Sun Tzu

"Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."  
 -Alexander the Great

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Jenna Silverbirch
Wandering Storyteller
Approved Character

Hafling, Dogodan

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 11:03:37 PM »

You can't compete countries! Every country in the world has unique things about it, good and bad, and besides, opinions are always subjective, and thaelel, you're obviously going to think america is better because you live there (I'm assuming), and ylaya, you're going to think england is better because you live there  :D

I think you guys better stop competing before this argument gets more heated. You're just going to offend people, not convince them buck

My home town is also the home of aston martin. T'was sad when it got bought up, but then britain just isn't an industrial nation anymore :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:09:52 PM by Jenna Silverbirch » Logged

The world’s so full of wonder, it’d be a shameful waste to live without seeing as much of it as you could’ve.
Jenna's Creations
Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 11:22:56 PM »

You can't compete countries! Every country in the world has unique things about it, good and bad, and besides, opinions are always subjective, and thaelel, you're obviously going to think america is better because you live there (I'm assuming), and ylaya, you're going to think england is better because you live there  :D

I think you guys better stop competing before this argument gets more heated. You're just going to offend people, not convince them buck

My home town is also the home of aston martin. T'was sad when it got bought up, but then britain just isn't an industrial nation anymore :P

Who cares if this gets heated? If we have something to say we should say it! Anyway...give me some time Thaelel to think out my next 3 things where England out performs you...obviously the other 3 were not concrete enough for you!

Anyway...USA is finished World Cup Wise, they were lucky in their first match! That is all.  ;)

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 11:58:43 PM »

Who cares if this gets heated?

Me, and when I've had enough, I'll lock the thread. :P  Not gonna let this turn into a "My county's better than your country" thread.  If you wanna argue like children, take it to a PM.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 12:41:24 AM »

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to get heated. I live in England (and have been for half a decade) and my Dad's English, so I don't have anything against England. I just think that America is better at pretty much everything (not including obesity rate :D)

- Sun Tzu

"Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."  
 -Alexander the Great

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 02:51:43 AM »

If Australia keeps Germany to single digits in terms of goals today, I'm going to count it as a victory for Australia!

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 03:20:51 AM »

Germany will win 2-1 if Australia is lucky!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:21:12 AM by Ylaya » Logged

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 03:59:35 AM »

At least Germany can win games they should win unlike England. :D 1-1 against the US ROFL!

Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:54 AM »

At least Germany can win games they should win unlike England. :D 1-1 against the US ROFL!

Just wait!  :P

Jenna Silverbirch
Wandering Storyteller
Approved Character

Hafling, Dogodan

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 04:19:12 AM »

That's the spirit, dek! :D Optimism will get you far.

Jenna's Creations
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 04:22:14 AM »

Oh ... I intend to watch and wait and laugh Ylaya

1 - 1 US vs England

ROFL!

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 04:27:18 AM »

Dek, please look back over the previous posts. I don't think that australia is anywhere near the level of the usa, and the usa is a very good team. I think it would be better if you stopped insulting the usa's team.

- Sun Tzu

-Alexander the Great

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 04:32:17 AM »

And they wonder why Soccer fans are oft called Hooligans. :P

It's a game, kids.  Keep that in mind.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]