Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 25th wedding anniversary.  (Read 2387 times)
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« on: August 19, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »

Hi all and I also apologize to all of my rp players as well, but I will not be available until after the 25th of August, celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary.
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian/ Rhulran

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »

You sir, don't need to apologize for having a wife. I hope you enjoy your anniversary!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:23:55 AM by Alexandre Scriabin » Logged

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »

Congrats, Capher. :)

I consider it a big deal if I make it to 25 months, which rarely happens.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
grallen gast
Softly Smiling Scoundrel
Mini-mod

Orc, Ashz-Oc

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 06:42:20 PM »

Congratulations Capher! hope the pair of you enjoy your celebrations! grin

When you’re entirely lacking in conscience or sense of risk, a frog will have to do.
Grallen's CD
Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian/ Eyelian

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 06:59:42 PM »

Have a great feast, Capher!

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 01:01:40 AM »

Enjoy it, Capher!

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 05:38:01 AM »

Congratulations Capher! Next year, my parents celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. They are planning a cruise ... either through Europe or Canada. Either way, it'll be during December.

Once again congratulations on your 25th wedding anniverary

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 06:13:31 AM »

Wow, Dek. Is your family made up of business and real estate investors? Props to your family.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Jenna Silverbirch
Wandering Storyteller
Approved Character

Hafling, Dogodan

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 02:30:39 AM »

Have a brilliant time, capher! 25 years of marriage- now, that's something that deserves to celebrated properly. Congrats!

40 years? Goodness, that is impressive, Dek. It'll be my and my boyfriends 2.5 year anniversary next month, which rather pales in comparison Roll Eyes But then, compared to the average amount of time a teenage relationship lasts, we're practically married by our peers standards. No, wait, we're an old married couple by their standards. buck

The world’s so full of wonder, it’d be a shameful waste to live without seeing as much of it as you could’ve.
Jenna Silverbirch -  Burrow by the Sea - Jenna's hobbit hole
Jenna's Creations
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 03:07:20 AM »

Thank you to all who wished me and my wife a nice celebration. We had a great time. I surprised her by booking a train trip with berth. first we went to the Grand Canyon, a place she has wanted to visit forever. We took a ballon ride down the canyon, as I and Laurie conceded, even she could not handle the donkey trip down the canyon. Then we saw the Hoover Dam, and other places of interest in that area, including a quick trip through Reno, Nevada; the little las Vegas, of the United States. I won two thousand dollars playing texax hold'em, unfortuntely Laurie lost about half of that playing slots and Keno: lesson, do not let your wife or signaficant other gamble if they do not know how.  grin  But we still walked away with a little over a thousand dollars in our pockets, which eased a bit of my pain. We then headed north, and east, with quick stops to see Old Faithful, a gyeser, for those of you who do not know or live in the States. Then we headed toward Niagra Falls, which I have always wanted to see. The sight was awesome as was the roar of the water; though the guide told us that the falls have been loosing its intensity as years pass. We ended back in Milwaukee late last night. Laurie had to go back to work today, so she is going to be very tired when she gets home! The best part of the whole trip though was that Laurie and I rekindled our relationship and love for each other as well as having a more intimate relationship with God and His creation!

Well, I will post on the games I have been playing on once I have catched up on reading them. Once again thank you to all who wished Laurie and I a Happy 25th.

Dek, To have parents that have stayed together that long is a fantastic achievement. I hope you will thank them and praise them for doing so, especially in this social times we live in where divorce is so prominent and the vows people take at their wedding seem to be just words to say or repeat and not promises as they are meant to be. "For richer or poorer, in sickness or health, till death do us part"  Marriage takes hard work to make it accomplished; it is not just a honeymoon, that wears off, but true love and a true marriage takes "action" not just feelings. i speak from experience!  If there is any kind of advice I could give to young people, any person, and the advice I have given to  to my own children: If you marry with the intention in your mind or heart, that says " well if it does not work out, I can alwasys get a divorce," then do not get married, do not live together, do not have children out of wedlock. Stay single until you find the spouse that you are willing to say to and will adhere to with the best of your ability the quote I wrote above, otherwise you should just stay single and celebate!!

Of course having God on your side gives you a greater advantage in my opinion.

Alt, 25 months? I thought you were going to say 25 days or even better minutes!  evil Just kidding my friend. I am sure there is someone out there for you and if not then staying single is probably the best thing for you.
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 04:00:30 AM »

Capher, sounds like you and Laurie had a great time on your anniversary, and I am especially pleased to hear that you two rekindled your relationship and love for each other. I pray that you two have many more years of happiness together.

Jemma, your boyfriend is extremely lucky to have you.

Alexandre, no, they aren't business or real estate investors. :D They decided to forgo holidays like this during their working lives and instead save up their money in order to take these trips now. Most years, the gift they give each other for their anniversary is something that they got for the house, or did to the house ... for example ... this year, their gift to each other are the renovations they are doing to the house, thanks to the settlement dad got from a previous employer. When they were working, they were both teachers. Now, mum is 'road testing retirement' and dad is working for himself as a consultant as 'The Culture Doctor' ... basically he works with businesses that have toxic work environments and improves their work environments to a pleasant one.

An interesting tidbit about my parents ... they went through high school together ... they were in the same class ... but they didn't really 'know' each other as they had different interests ... mum was into sports and dad into army cadets. Then they went to Teacher's College together, though they were placed in two separate groups. It was actually at the 21st birthday of dad's older brother that they 'went out' together for the first time.

I think the 'secret' behind mum and dad's continued marriage, is that they truly believe in the 'till death do us part' of their wedding vows. That, and they not only love each other deeply, they are also the best friend of each other. Of course, there's is not the only long term marriage between themselves and their brothers and sisters. Mum's sister Francie and her husband have been married for at least 10 years longer than mum and dad ... possibly more. Mum's older brother has also had a long term marriage. Dad's younger brother and wife's marriage survived the death of their son at a young age due to lieukemia ... and they are still happily married. Dad's younger sister is also married as well. Dad's older brother and mum's younger brother both had failed marriages.

My sister and I have indeed been blessed by our parents, who have set us a great example by which to live our lives. And yes, Capher, I also believe that having God on our side has had a large part to play with it as well.

As for me ... I'm currently single ... and am doing my best to celebrate that :)

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 02:18:24 PM »

@Capher:

Apparently you and your wife know how to have a good time. And as for your marriage prospering even more because of this, I am enthralled at the positivity and maturity with which you can see your marriage after 25 years. As you know Solomon (or whoever The Teacher was) said in Ecclesiastes, all wisdom is vanity and vexation of spirit, but love another case altogether.

Lastly, I can't agree with you more on how important it is that people are serious about their vows. If a couple isn't deadly serious about it, then they aren't fit to marry. One wouldn't have a hard time comparing it to the grave seriousness of Jesus in this passage from His sermon on the Mount:

Matthew 5:29-30

29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

@Dek:

It sounds as if your parents have some very admirable qualities. My Papa (grandfather) told me I had to be a good Indian (the American kind), and that meant being shrewd. What does an Indian do? He never sells land, he never signs a treaty  grin and he always provides for his family.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 07:08:33 PM »

Glad to hear you had a nice time, Capher! Congratulations to your 25 years together! I think it was a great idea to do this voyage! (We went to Berlin, not as spectacular as your journey, but nice also - I didn't know my reunited capital yet).

My parents and my parents in law are now wedded for around 57 years - the celebration of their 50. wedding anniversary has long passed! ;)

Capher, do you have a wedding picture from your 'green' wedding? Want to share it?

Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 12:00:36 PM »

Yes Talia I do have a wedding picture, however I do not have a scanner. I will ask my daughter, to take a picture of the wedding picture with her camera and then she can show me how to load it onto my computer; once loaded I can upload it to the place, which I cannot recall the name of at the moment, and then I will try and put it on here.  It may take some time though.
Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Story Mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »

This is late but Congratulations! I wish you many happy returns (except...well...anyway, it means the same thing if you think about it)

Well done on 25 years, and your celebrations sound fantastic, I hope that one day (it doesn't have to be a wedding celebration) I can see the Falls and the Canyon - the landscape of the US is something I've always wanted to see (living in England).

Hopefully we will have a nice picture as well...I wait with bated breath.

Leif

Words convey knowledge; knowledge is power; thus power lies in words
Leif Terskun
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]