Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kann Day II, Sundrown  (Read 26785 times)
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 03:25:46 PM »

While he was waiting for the dwarf's response, he was greeted by someone whom at first seemed to be a boy - but all soon he discovered that the 'boy' is actually a girl. His last shreds of doubt were discarded when she opened her mouth to speak.

"G'morning sir, and morning ma'am. Would it be any trouble if I could get something for my breakfast? Perhaps some of that tasty fish, or whatever else you’d reccomend- oh, and water, too, to wash it all down with, if you don’t mind. And may I say, madam, what a lovely sleep I’ve just had in one of your rooms! It were aspeshly nice to be sleeping in a proper sized bed, for once,” she said, before adding. "I s’pose I oughta find a table, too. Care to join me, sir? Unless you’re leaving, or it’s a bother. I’d be glad of a spot of company, is all.”
"Why, I'd be delighted to join you. I'll just wait a bit for my order and be right with you." He said with a smile. "To tell the truth, I haven't had much company for a very long time, so it would be a great pleasure," he added.

I should also get to work on that sewing pattern, too. Ridgen thought. A dining table might not be the best of places to finish off a sewing pattern, but it will have to do.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:26:14 PM by Ridgen Sú'ufanán » Logged

"Everything is a game - some people just don't realise that."
                                                                       - Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Thorin Broadfist
Lonely Smith
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 04:44:22 AM »

"I got her as a present from a town I used to live in, she was just a mutt and nobody else wanted her so I did, I needed a pair of working eyes anyway. So do you have any pets?"
Thorin heard him whistle, and glanced over to where he had seen the dog last. "That's a marvelous idea, have a dog see for you..." He then remembered Aster’s question. "Oh right, well I wouldn't call Gregory a pet really, that's my donkey. He's out back in the stable right now probably munching on some oats. He always could eat twice the amount I wish he would. But ol' Greg's been with me for years now. Though I'm not looking forward to the day when he'll pass on…" At this Thorin stopped talking and just kind of stared at the table for awhile. Looking back on when he first found Greg in that market and bought him from the monk. Remembering how often Greg would just follow him without even asking. It was memories like these that Thorin treasured the most. He began to sob ever so softly.

I am a blacksmith, nothing more, nothing less.
-Thorin Broadfist
Aster
The Blind Minstrel
Approved Character

Dwarf, Kiingerim

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »

"He always could eat twice the amount I wish he would. But ol' Greg's been with me for years now. Though I'm not looking forward to the day when he'll pass on…" Aster heard him stop, 'hmmm i guess he feels the same way about Gregory that I do about Tiffan' Aster thought, then his highly sensitive ears heard something unexpected Is he crying? Aster was taken aback, the only other person who had ever cried in front of him in his life, was his daughter, when she was barely a year old. 'What do I say to this? I could try talking about Hero maybe? Best to pretend I don't hear him' Aster coughed slightly "Um I have a horse, his name is Hero, its a bit of an in joke that name really, I assume he has seen Gregory. Um so what does Greg look like? I just like to know these things" He allowed himself to smile awkwardly
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:58:01 AM by Aster » Logged

Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 05:29:12 AM »

“Some hearthberry juice would be very nice, thank you.” said the elf in the elven tongue. Though of course Galein didn't understand it. She put on a confused face and asked the elf, "Could you translate that for me? I've never got around to learning the elvish tongue, though i suppose i should, seeing as it would be very useful." The other elf began to continue the conversation, and seemed quite eager. 'I really should learn their language. I have no idea what they are talking about right now. Maybe tonight after everyone gets settled, I could coax one of these elves into teaching me the basics.' she thought to herself.

Letting her mind wander around the room quickly, to make things were in order, she noticed that Aster and Thorin seemed to be still talking. Galein only heard a few words and gathered that they were talking about pets, and as she began to listen she heard the small voice of the hobbit from yesterday over at the bar. Gapad was at the bar taking orders from the elf and Jenna placed hers as well. 'Well today could turn out to be quiet profitable' Galein thought quietly and let herself smirk a little.

Gapad

"I'd like some water, thanks, How are you this morning?" The elf asked. As Gapad poured out a glass of water and said, "Well this morning was quite slow though it seems the Kann has become full already." She glanced around the bustling room full of travelers. There were a few new faces for Gapad to see.

Then the hobbit came down the stairs. 'What was his name again? Wait. No, not a boy, a girl. Jenna!' She gave the girl a smile and Jenna began to say, “G’morning sir, and morning ma’am. Would it be any trouble if I could get something for my breakfast? Perhaps some of that tasty fish, or whatever else you’d reccomend- oh, and water, too, to wash it all down with, if you don’t mind. And may I say, madam, what a lovely sleep I’ve just had in one of your rooms! It were aspeshly nice to be sleeping in a proper sized bed, for once.”

Gapad nodded quickly and stepped into the doorway of the kitchen and said to her sister, "Looks like its about breakfast time. One Mithanjor fish for the lady hobbit, and I'm sure the rest will be getting hungry themselves quite soon." Gadaser started to prepare the fish as well as start several other dishes that would likely be ordered. Gadaser said to her sister while she worked, "Shouldn't be too long before the fish is ready."

Gapad smiled and walked back out to the bar and poured Jenna her water and slid both the drinks to their owners. "There you go, your fish should be ready before too long, Miss." She gave them both a smile and looked around to see if anyone else needed any help.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:30:18 AM by Galein » Logged

Jenna Silverbirch
Wandering Storyteller
Approved Character

Hafling, Dogodan

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 06:26:41 PM »

"Why, I'd be delighted to join you. I'll just wait a bit for my order and be right with you." Said the elf with a smile. "To tell the truth, I haven't had much company for a very long time, so it would be a great pleasure," Jenna smiled back at him, saying "Then I'd be delighted to oblige you with just such a spot of company," before the dwarf tavern-sister began to speak.
"Looks like its about breakfast time. One Mithanjor fish for the lady hobbit, and I'm sure the rest will be getting hungry themselves quite soon." With that, the dwarven lady was gone, back into the depths of the kitchen, to re-emerge not long after clutching the ordered drinks. "There you go, your fish should be ready before too long, Miss."
“Thanks very much, ma’am,” said Jenna, nodding her head and smiling. Glancing back up at the icey elf, she continued, “I’ll go sit down, now, I think, sir, and you’re of course welcome to join me. These poor curly toes are still clamouring for a rest, though they’ve just had a good long sleep!”
She wound her way towards one of the human sized tables, pulling up a stool for herself from one of the dwarven sized ones. After all, she was perfectly used to peering over the top of high big folk tables like a dog pining for scraps, but noble elves were certainly not accustomed to hunching themselves over tiddly tables like a troll at a tea party.
She sat, and sipped her water, thinking how nice it was to be somewhere warm and heavy with the smell of food and ale, and even better wrapped in the gentle hum of chatter.
“If it’s not rude to say so, sir” she called back to the elf “I was quite surprised to see an elf such as your good self down here when I emerged from upstairs yonder. Being of a rather small- if you’ll pardon the pun- people myself, I don’t expect to see many of my own out in the world, but even less so an elf! Your folks are oft as rare as three legged taenish out where the big-folk roam.”
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:28:23 PM by Jenna Silverbirch » Logged

The world’s so full of wonder, it’d be a shameful waste to live without seeing as much of it as you could’ve.
Jenna Silverbirch -  Burrow by the Sea - Jenna's hobbit hole
Jenna's Creations
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2010, 04:32:36 PM »

The girl had replied soon after, returning the smile, "Then I'd be delighted to oblige you with just such a spot of company."
Then, the dwarf began to speak... "Looks like its about breakfast time. One Mithanjor fish for the lady hobbit, and I'm sure the rest will be getting hungry themselves quite soon," and quickly returned to the kitchen, and before long, she came back with the drinks that were ordered earlier. "here you go, your fish should be ready before too long, Miss," she said to the girl, simultaneously handing them both their drinks. The girl in turn thanked her, and mentioned that she will go and sit down.

Not too long afterwards, the girl called back to him. “If it’s not rude to say so, sir, I was quite surprised to see an elf such as your good self down here when I emerged from upstairs yonder. Being of a rather small - if you’ll pardon the pun - people myself, I don’t expect to see many of my own out in the world, but even less so an elf! Your folks are oft as rare as three legged taenish out where the big-folk roam.” Ridgen didn't say much in return, as he really had no idea how to reply - that was another disadvantage of being a Cyhallrhim - if you were brought up in a community where people are so disorganised that they are lacking in communication, you don't really speak very well, even if you do enjoy doing so. Ridgen took his drink, muttered his thanks and moved towards the table the girl was sitting at, all the while building a sentence in his head. He should be better at speaking than this...

"Yes, that's quite true... The people of my race aren't really very common, so I would be quite surprised myself if it was me coming down those stairs," he finally said, before taking a sip of water. He dropped his bag down on the cold stone floor, and took out a sewing design that he was working on, which was started out of boredom; there weren't too many customers wanting a cloak or shirt or... anything like that. But now, it became one of his top priorities to finish this design. It was nothing that attracts too much attention, really, but the arrangement of hues - at least, in his opinion - was the best he had created yet. There were a few things left to finish, but after that, he had to give the cloak to someone, but that would come later, when he had finished the actual design. No use making promises you can't keep. He set to work putting the finishing touches on the cloak, then asked the girl something that's been on his mind for a bit, "Say... What was your name again?" And, after some thought, he added, "And, if it's not rude to ask, why do you wear men's clothing? I'm just curious is all."

- Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Jenna Silverbirch
Wandering Storyteller
Approved Character

Hafling, Dogodan

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 03:44:17 AM »

Jenna took a few mouthfuls of water and fumbled in her pocket for her pipe as the icy elf fellow sat down opposite her. A puff or two would be just the thing to finish off her nice fish breakfast. But it would have to be quick- glancing into her smokeweed tin showed her stock had sadly not decided to multiply overnight and was as meagre as before. She’d have to see about getting some more. Dwarves liked a smoke, didn’t they? And if they didn’t, there’d be someone, somewhere in the city with some to sell. It was a trading town, after all.
"Yes, that's quite true... The people of my race aren't really very common, so I would be quite surprised myself if it was me coming down those stairs," said the elf. He seemed an amiable sort, if a little awkward. Makes a change from your normal standard of elf, mind, she thought. Most of ‘em got faces like they’re sucking lemons and don’t think you’re good enough to clean the muck off their dainty boots.
The elf then produced a length of cloth, in fact, a cloak, now he unfolded it. It was a good bit of work, in fact, and prettily coloured.
"Say... What was your name again?" he continued. "And, if it's not rude to ask, why do you wear men's clothing? I'm just curious is all."
Jenna smiled to herself. It was a familiar question, and the answer always seemed to be something of a disappointment to those who asked it.
“Well, firstly, I’m Jenna. Jenna Silverbirch, of the Dogodan shire, thought here’s precious few round here who’ve heard of it. And, secondly, it’s certainly not rude to ask, and, well, I don’t have much of an interesting answer, I’m afraid. I’m not trying to look like a boy, y’see. Not always, at least. It’s only that- well, have you tried traipsing up and down the country sleeping in ditches and clambering over this and that, in skirts? Bloody nuisance, they are. Men’s clothes are so much more comfy. And I’ve never been very- what’s the phrase- girly. Never much liked dresses and makeup and that. Though sometimes, I’ll grant, it makes things more easy- like, if folks think you’re a boy. A wandering hobbit’s odd enough, but a lady hobbit’s twice so.” She took another gulp of water and set about tamping down the last of the smokeweed. “But enough yabbering on my part. What’s your name, sir, if you don’t mind me asking? And that’s a pretty bit of sewing. Do you do much needle-work?”

The world’s so full of wonder, it’d be a shameful waste to live without seeing as much of it as you could’ve.
Jenna Silverbirch -  Burrow by the Sea - Jenna's hobbit hole
Jenna's Creations
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »

"Well, firstly, I’m Jenna. Jenna Silverbirch, of the Dogodan shire, thought here’s precious few round here who’ve heard of it. And, secondly, it’s certainly not rude to ask, and, well, I don’t have much of an interesting answer, I’m afraid. I’m not trying to look like a boy, y’see. Not always, at least. It’s only that- well, have you tried traipsing up and down the country sleeping in ditches and clambering over this and that, in skirts? Bloody nuisance, they are. Men’s clothes are so much more comfy. And I’ve never been very- what’s the phrase- girly. Never much liked dresses and makeup and that. Though sometimes, I’ll grant, it makes things more easy- like, if folks think you’re a boy. A wandering hobbit’s odd enough, but a lady hobbit’s twice so." Came the girl's reply. She took another sip of her water. “But enough yabbering on my part. What’s your name, sir, if you don’t mind me asking? And that’s a pretty bit of sewing. Do you do much needle-work?”

Ridgen smiled. He would be more than happy to provide that sort of information. "Ridgen Sú'ufanán, a Cyhallrhim tailor, at your service, Miss Jenna. It's an honour to meet you." He said, giving a slight nod (or bow of the head, whatever is best) as he said the last few words. "Thank you for the compliment on the cloak. I do in fact sew for a living, specializing in cloaks, for that matter, and my current task is to finish this little cloak here, although no actual order was placed on it." His eyes lit up as a thought came to him. "Would you, perhaps, want this cloak, when I'm finished with it? I have no use for it when it's done, and I would happily give it away for no price at all."

While he waited for the hobbit to answer, he put the last touches on the design - which, now that he thinks about it, would blend very well into a grass-covered countryside...

- Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Thorin Broadfist
Lonely Smith
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 08:49:33 AM »

A noise brought Thorin back to the present. "What was that? Oh, it was just a cough. I really must pay more attention to whom I'm talking," he upbraided himself.
"Um I have a horse, his name is Hero, its a bit of an in joke that name really, I assume he has seen Gregory. Um so what does Greg look like? I just like to know these things." Aster even smiled, or at least Thorin assumed that was a smile. It was quite... odd? No, awkward was the word.
"Oh, yes, Greg. Well, he's a light gray in color, almost like a dusky moon. But his mane is black as ever... He's a good fore or so taller than me, and he weighs at least a pygge more, or at least I hope he does." Thorin couldn't keep from laughing at his little joke, despite the lack of humor. "But other than that, he's just your regular, old, well-traveled donkey." Finishing picturing Greg in his mind Thorin just let himself grin. "I do love that silly beast. I really do... But! I mustn't keep us from breakfast! Galein!" He called over towards the bar and kitchen, "Galen we could use us some vitals now!" Turning back to Aster, "What takes your fancy here? It's all good, or at least most of it."

I am a blacksmith, nothing more, nothing less.
-Thorin Broadfist
Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2010, 01:49:43 AM »

Gapad

"Galein we could use us some vitals now!" Thorin called from a table. Gapad glanced over at Galein who was busy and quickly walked over to Thorin and another dwarf that Gapad didn't know. She gave them both a warm smile and said, "Galein is a bit busy this morning it seems. Looks like a whole mess of people arrived while i was out shopping."

She looked around the room at all the newcomers, ending on the dwarf sitting with Thorin. "Urtdon chingu. My name Gapad, I run this tavern with Galein and Gadaser. I think you may have already met Galein, but Gadaser is a bit shy. You might see her after the breakfast rush is over." She gave a slight bow to the dwarf and then said, "What can i get either of you this morning for breakfast?"

Gadaser

Gadaser finished cooking the Mithanjor and put in on a plate along with some rootweeps and a few mushrooms. She picked up the plate and could smell the cinnabark cooked into it ever so slightly.

This meal happened to be one of Gadaser's favorites. Her mother had prepared it for her as a child with extra cinnabark. Gadaser could still remember her mother bringing a fish out of the kitchen one evening, and setting it in front of her. Gadaser didn't think she would like it, but she knew better than to not eat what her mother put in front of her. She took a bite and the flavor exploded in her mouth. One might say this is what may have sparked Gadaser's interest in creating main courses.

Gadaser smiled as she took the plate out and walked out to give it to the owner. She glanced at the the piece of slate sitting behind the bar. On it, Gapad had wrote "Lady Hobbit," and next to it a 4. The sisters had started the practice of keeping a running total for the price of food and drink. If the person paid for things when they were brought to them, then all they would have to do is remove the price from the total.

She glanced around the room until she saw Jenna sitting at a table with an elf. As they talked the elf was sewing something to a piece of cloth. Gadaser couldn't quite tell what it was, so as she neared the table and set the plate down she gave another quick look at the cloth. She could now see it was a cloak that the elf was making. "I wonder if I could get him to sew up a few holes for me later tonight. Gadaser thought.

She sat the plate on the table and said to Jenna, "Anything else I can get you?" Had this been a year or two ago, a customer would be lucky to hear more than 3 words out of Gadaser at a time. Over time with running the tavern though, she had become a little more talkative. It seemed to make the customers more happy when she talked a bit.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:50:19 AM by Galein » Logged

Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2010, 09:19:20 PM »

The door to the Kann swung open, letting in both a breath of air and the latest patron of the tavern. A boy - or perhaps a young man - stepped over the threshold, dressed in a simple brown tunic and with a small case dangling from the blue sash at his waist. He paused a moment, taking in the scene inside the tavern, with thoughtful and intelligent eyes. Two elves - odd in a dwarven tavern - were talking about plants at a table, but even more surprising was the sight of a strangely cold looking elf chatting animatedly with a hobbit. Could he be a Cyhallrhim? Leif had never encountered an elf before, or for that matter a hobbit, and he reasoned that he would solve both of these problems by the simple expedient of approaching these two rather than any of the other patrons of the tavern.
With a confidence born of years spent addressing far larger audiences than this, Leif made his way over to the table he had decided upon. Unsure of the correct mode of address in either of their cultures, he reasoned that a simple half-bow, scarcely more than an inclination of the head, would be more than sufficient for the situation. "Good day. One of these seats wouldn't happen to be free, would it?" he inquired politely. As he waited for an answer, Leif allowed his gaze to drift over the tavern. It looked both simple and comfortable, and had come highly recommended by the guard at the gate. He had seemed to want some money for the favour, but Leif had soon explained to him how, as a local, it was his solemn duty to provide a lost foreigner with all the help he could, and gently reminded him how he had already been payed for this, many times over, by his fortunate citizenship of such a glorious city. The guard had swiftly agreed, and also forced a small pouch on Leif, containing a small amount of money "to cover your first meal in our city, sir". Leif smiled to himself at the recollection, and continued regarding the staff and the patrons. The former seemed to be all dwarves, so no surprises there, but there were an unusual number of elves among the latter. The fire to his right burned merrily in the grate, and he spotted a staircase, which he assumed led to the rooms, at the back. A counter with stools in front ran along the back wall, and smells of cooking drifted through. Leif wrinkled his nose slightly at the smell of flesh, but decided that it wasn't worth making a fuss about. He'd never known a tavern or inn not to cook meat, and he knew he probably never would. He would jus have to get used to it again, though that didn't mean he had to like it, or eat it.
He looked at the two people stting near him. They were both drinking water, and the hobbit was eating what looked and smelt like fish. Wriggling his toe in his boot, Leif wondered idly if he was getting a blister, on the big toe of his left foot. He couldn't tell. Well, he could always see when he got a room - somehow he thought that taking his boot off might not be too well received, although the elf was sewing an exceedingly comfortable looking cloak. Leif wondered who it was for.

Words convey knowledge; knowledge is power; thus power lies in words
Leif Terskun
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2010, 06:11:52 AM »

Ridgen noticed the dwarf approach with Jenna's order - some sort of fish, if he recalled correctly. Just before the dwarf set the order down near Jenna, she gave a noticeable glance towards the cloak. "Anything else I can get you?" Ridgen was opening his mouth to speak when he was distracted by the presence of another person in the tavern - a human adolescent, wearing a brown tunic.

The boy walked over to their table. At the point when he had reached it, he said something that sound something like, "Good day. One of these seats wouldn't happen to be free, would it?" with a slight bow.

"Both of the empty seats are free. Do make yourself comfortable," Ridgen said in reply, flashing a smile. "Oh, and miss dwarf... May I have some of these cookies I've heard so much about? I think they were called Kao-Kao and..." The tailor stumbled over the words as he tried to recall the name of the dessert and pronounce it at the same time... ".... doch... something... cookies? Either way, I'd like to have four of them, please."

He counted out six sans and passed them to the dwarf, before taking another sip of water, then resuming his work.

- Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »

"Both of the empty seats are free," the elf replied, smiling. "Do make yourself comfortable. Oh, and miss dwarf...may I have some of these cookies I've heard so much about? I think they were called Kao-Kao and...doch... something... cookies? Either way, I'd like to have four of them, please." He counted out a small amount of money and passed it to the dwarf.

Smiling slightly, Leif accepted the elf's invitation, nodding to the hobbit as he did so. Now that he was closer, he could see that despite looking like a boy, she was a she.
"I think you mean Doch Nuts," he supplied. "Talking of them, I think I'll have a couple as well, and a drink. What do you serve here? And how about food?" Turning to the hobbit, he smiled again. "Good morning miss. I'm very glad to make your acquaintance. My name is Leif Terskun, though you can call me Leif, an orator, lately of Marcogg, currently of...well, nowhere in particular. And how about yourself?" Turning to the elf, he spoke again: "I hope I'm not inconveniencing you by sitting here. I decided that I would broaden my cultural horizons by sitting with both an elf and a hobbit. As I said, I'm known as Leif. What would your name be, and would I be correct in supposing you a Cyhallrhim? If so, what is a Cyhallrhim elf doing in a dwarven tavern in Manthria?"

Leif wriggled his toe again. He could feel the rub of the lining against his foot. He was definitely developing a blister. Pausing a moment, Leif rested his weary eyes and let the warmth of the fire soothe his aching muscles.

Words convey knowledge; knowledge is power; thus power lies in words
Leif Terskun
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2010, 06:15:55 PM »

Soon after Ridgen had placed his order, the boy smiled and took a seat between Ridgen and Jenna.

"I think you mean Doch Nuts," the boy informed, before placing a similar order. The boy then turned to Jenna, greeting her and introducing himself as Leif. Not too long after, he turned to Ridgen and did the same, saying something about broadening his cultural horizon, and asked whether he was correct in guessing that Ridgen is a Cyhallrhim. As the boy waited for Ridgen's answer, it was visible in his eyes that he was somewhat weary.

Well, this is something that he could help with. "My name is Ridgen, and you are correct in guessing that I am a Cyhallrhim. It's a pleasure to meet you, Leif," Ridgen said, all the while slowly and steadily increasing the influence of serenity in the Water Ounia that is present in the boy. "I am currently travelling over Sarvonia, basically recording notes on whatever I find and seeking to increase my knowledge of spiritual magic. The latter is why I'm here in the first place, actually. I just took a small detour here to see the sights and rest for a while." Ridgen explained, before concluding the spell.

There. That should be enough to ease the weariness. He flashed another friendly smile at the boy.

- Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 04:00:59 AM »

Gadaser

"Good day. One of these seats wouldn't happen to be free, would it?" a new voice said. Gadaser turned and saw a human had just arrived. This one looked young, compared to the usual humans that come in.

"Both of the empty seats are free. Do make yourself comfortable," the elf replied to the human "Oh, and miss dwarf... May I have some of these cookies I've heard so much about? I think they were called Kao-Kao and..." he said as he stumbled over the words. ".... doch... something... cookies? Either way, I'd like to have four of them, please." The elf slide a few sans onto the table.

"I think you mean Doch Nuts," the human said to the elf. "Talking of them, I think I'll have a couple as well, and a drink. What do you serve here? And how about food?" The boy seemed to have an attitude about him that one would expect from someone older. He went on to introduce himself as Leif Terskun. The elf went by the name Ridgen. Gadaser didn't listen closely to the rest, she tried to stay out of people's business.

Gadaser waited for the elf to finish speaking before saying. "Well, to drink we have anything from Ale to Hearthberry Juice, and of course water. For meals I might suggest a Steamed Mithanjor, which is what she is eating at the moment." Gadaser motioned to Jenna with the plate of fish sitting in front of her. "If that doesn't suit you very well I could prepare a sandwich with your choice of meat inside, or Cucumber Ak-Ak which would be Cucumbers served with weeproots and bread." She thought for a moment. "If you have something else that you would like, I might be able to fix it up if you would describe it for me." Gadaser took a deep breathe as she hardly ever uses so many words in a short time. If she had not been lost thinking of all the foods as she described them she would have been more aware.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]