Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roy Tmofl/ Centoraurian/ Ecuá mage/ Demon Hunter  (Read 44041 times)
Valan Nonesuch
Collector of Lore
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 02:32:05 AM »

Sorry Ridgen, not to be intentionally contradictory (well, let's face it that's what I'm going to do but I'm trying to be nice about it). The staff is a magically enchanted item. This is banned under the restrictions, which you should be aware. It is not merely a length of wood with which to support yourself or bludgeon someone, but an item which creates a magical effect unaided.

That said Roy, if you wanted the staff for the sake of having a piece of wood to bludgeon someone, that is not a problem. As it is, it appears to be creating the effect of the light spell on it's own, which is not allowed unless you've spoken with the admins and they've agreed to it. You can cast light on the staff, but the spell would be cast by you and be temporary. It's a low level spell (because it's Light) and well within your means to cast.

Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!
Valan Nonesuch
Roy Tmofl
The Mage of Flaming Light
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 06:35:49 AM »

I see  well then i suppose it then must go. thank you for your help and advice
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:38:54 AM by Roy tmofl » Logged

Stupidity is also a gift from God, but one musn't misuse it.

Pope John Paul II

Magic and personal information.
History and equipment.
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian/ Rhulran

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 06:55:33 AM »

I imagine you might want to change your avatar now, seeing as your character won't be using a staff of light.

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Roy Tmofl
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 05:22:34 AM »

No its fine for I still do have the staff its just not magic but I can always cast a light spell on it myself

Pope John Paul II

History and equipment.
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 06:09:31 PM »

I recommend in the strongest possible terms that you take a look at existing CDs ... particularly those of existing magic users, take special note of their magic sections. Compare it to yours. Your magic section is rather sparse at the moment. At the moment you are really not showing any understanding of how magic works in the world of Caelereth. Quite honestly ... having played D&D for a number of years really doesn't prepare you for a magical character in our world here. Magic in Santharia and magic in Dungeons and Dragons possibly only have the fact that they are both called 'magic' in commonality with each other.

Deklitch

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Roy Tmofl
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 12:45:50 AM »

I have tried to do my best in the magic section of my charater and I hope it is better than before. I would realy prefer to not play anything else but a magic user but if indeed you believe me not yet ready to start as one I will change my charater to another class.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 03:59:50 AM by Roy tmofl » Logged

Pope John Paul II

History and equipment.
Perab
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 02:33:16 AM »

This is a perfect detailed description, I can say only WOW! You are very creative... Thumb up

My strength is my loyalty.
Roy Tmofl
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 03:05:04 AM »

I do thank you  very very much that is very reasuring to hear from someone such as yourself once again thank you

Pope John Paul II

History and equipment.
Perab
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »

How long do you prepared this description?

Roy Tmofl
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »

hm i am not sure but it took alot of help from other people and looking at thier CD to get where it is today,      But it took me two full days as soon as I got home to as late as i could stay up to right the very first post.

Pope John Paul II

History and equipment.
Perab
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »

Well, I can say you have made an impressive job.

Roy Tmofl
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 02:18:32 AM »

thank you thank you very much.

Pope John Paul II

History and equipment.
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »

Let me point out that your magic section really doesn't show much understanding in the actual magic system - for example - you stated that your character is a great combatant, and relies on light to... well, fight. How does this contribute to fighting? You can't really expect to shoot a somewhat concentrated beam of light towards a target and hurt them that way - light alone doesn't hurt. Also, how does he actually 'cast' the spells? What does he do to the Fire Oun(ia) to create a particular effect? You have to be able to at least explain this in detail for your magic section to gain a moderator's approval. Also, please refrain from using... 'coarse language' in your CD. (Don't say moron or whatever. It's not really good for your reputation)

Also, please run spellcheck when your CD is finished. Good luck on completing the rest of your CD.

NB: Sphere I Magic is relatively basic. Do refrain from referring to it as... 'advanced'.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:05:25 PM by Ridgen Sú'ufanán » Logged

"Everything is a game - some people just don't realise that."
                                                                       - Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »

I agree with Ridgen - try to make language fit Santharia. If you really need curses try blasphemy - we have plenty of gods. Eg "By the bloody blade of Armeros" or "Grothar, Nehtor and Baveras!". Just try to keep it family-friendly and so it doesn't jar on the reader. Stuff that doesn't fit just doesn't work.

And also try to spell words correctly, and use good grammar etc. I noticed a lot of "alot"s and several sentences that don't really work.

Finally, perhaps you might want to use the 3rd person rather than the 1st in you CD - because the author is supposed to be omniscient, the 1st person doesn't work. Your character not remembering anything is not an excuse not to tell us. We have a big time gap at the start.

Just some general points.

Leif.

PS. You can't have weapons and magic skills, as you say in your magic section. Fix it, unless you have administrative approval.

Words convey knowledge; knowledge is power; thus power lies in words
Leif Terskun
Valan Nonesuch
Collector of Lore
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

Lief, there is nothing wrong with writing in the first person, those CDs that are written this way are often done quite effectively with regards to the omniscient author (I am the proud owner of the CD of a Cat written from the first person) and many of these are very good. If the information is there and formatted properly, then there is no call to quibble over style.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:27:45 PM by Valan Nonesuch » Logged

Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!
Valan Nonesuch
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]