Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1B : Of things finished, and new beginnings  (Read 19178 times)
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« on: January 07, 2004, 08:56:22 AM »

Kiu's tune

Cutting off the tune abruptly as the cold tide rolled over his bare feet, the soft harp he had added in his head faded as well. His mother had played the harp, so long ago..... As he opened his eyes, Kiushapo realized he had been here since early this morning. The sun had set the sky afire now and the crashing surf provided a climactic crash for it's return below the horizon. The soft beach sand beneath him would still be warm for a while, but with the tide rising, it was probably time to head back to his shack closer to town. The rising tide also brought with it the a ship, it's full sails as it rolled by adding a fiery excitement to his pulse. Soon, he told himself as he decided to wait until the ship disappeared before leaving, soon.

This was the first time he had actually lost track of time here, but perhaps this was a good sign. The blueprints for his ship were finally done, and he was almost ready for the next step, Ximax. He always felt better when he was going to be traveling again...all that was needed to was to actually go...

Sighing softly, he focused on the ship, going over a good route from Nepris in the back of his head.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 1/13/04 0:39

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 11:54:22 AM »

Khiera didn't remember feeling this much anger and rage within her for a very, very long time. But now, she felt the heat rising within her, the moving images in front of her began to blur and sway.

They really ... shouldn't have ...

And the words that that man had said to her, the things he told her. Were they true??? How could it be???

In her blurred vision, she saw approaching figures moving towards her, their shadowy moving lips saying something ... something ... she couldn't quite make it out, she wasn't even sure she was thinking straight anymore. She was so ... angered.

No! Don't come forward! Not another step! Khiera screamed within herself as the approaching figures came closer and closer to her, their hands outstretched as if reaching out to place their hands on her.

The rage had been building up for many days now, many, many days. Khiera felt that it had to be let out, somehow. But no, she had been trying to convince herself not to let it happen, she prayed hard, harder than ever before, but it didn't work, and it wasn't working anymore.

When Khiera felt someone's hand on her arm, she felt the surge of heat within her build up and start to rise and fan outwards, and the shadowy figures emitted loud, sudden, startled gasps and shouts.

The last thing Khiera remembered was raising her arms, letting the rage consume her, and a burst of heat and brightness enveloping her.

Afar on the shore, Kiushapo watched as the ship in the distance was engulfed by a sudden inferno, a bright burning mass on the sea, slowly, but surely sinking as the flames licked the ship as the waves ominously dragged its charred wooden body into its watery grave.

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/13/04 4:58
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 11:18:22 AM »

Calmly watching the ship sail by, his thoughts drifted to the future. The tide lapping up and over his feet reminded him he should be going soon, even as he tried to ignore it.

As soon as he got to Ximax, he would be able to find proof about this magical navigation device he had heard about. If it existed, the journey to Nybelmar would be a simple matter, and finding his tribe after that, even easier. His spirits were high, and life was good... until the ship exploded into flames on the horizon.

Uncovering his eyes as he scrambled to his feet, he could see the ship was already beginning to slip beneath the waves. If he was going to save someone, he didn't have to time to get help...

Stripping off his vest, he tore across the beach, his strong strokes carrying him through the water towards the burning ship. Losing himself in the monotony of the exercise, he was a bit shocked when he hit the first of the debris, and with it, a woman floating limply in the water. Too tired to be go much further, he wrapped his arm around her and heaved her over a piece of wood. As he pushed her ahead of him, he hoped she wouldn't wake up or remember where he had his hands at the moment...

Kiushapo's Story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 03:16:22 AM »

((OOC: :lol   at the last line ...))

Up in the burning ship, chaos and panic ensued. Many on the ship were being burnt alive or hit by falling debris as the mast and other parts of the ship were disintegrating under the intense heat and fury of the sudden flames that had spread alarmingly fast. Screams and shrieks abound, the ship gave one last croak and broke into half as it slowly sank into the roiling waters.

>>> <<<

The cold of the waters hit Khiera immediately like a block of icy dead weight. Khiera was born in the midst of a sweltering desert continent. Her first journey to Sarvonia aboard a ship  had been full of seasickness and weird bluish visions of herself drowning in the sea. Put simply: she couldn't swim. And she was deathly afraid of the sea.

Struggling to keep afloat just made things worse. After thrashing her arms wildly in the water for a few brief moments, the sea water filled her lungs as she desparately tried to call out for help, and a thick, salty darkness filled her up from within until her body fell limp amidst the swirling waves.

Flashes of memories, faces of people, emotions and sensations ... lit up in her mind like a race of images. One hand instinctively went to the amulet that hung on her neck and clutched it tightly, although Khiera was now all devoid of her senses.

Before the thick darkness swallowed her completely, Khiera thought that she had felt arms ... or was it  tentacles of some sea monster that had come to claim her?? Grasping, prodding and clutching all over her ...

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/10/04 0:09
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 06:15:22 AM »

Pushing the woman ahead of him, Kiushapo could feel the cold water stiffening his joints. The robes she wore were weighing them both down in the water and he had to keep shifting his grip on her to keep them above the surface.

Bobbing up and down in his vision as he looked over the woman, the shore was still quite a bit of a swim. Taking a deep breath, he let him self slip beneath the waves, finding it easier to swim and support the survivor from under the water.

Alternating between swimming and breathing, he was moving at a good, if awkward, pace. He just hoped his impulsiveness didn't send them both to the bottom.

-------------------------------------------

Finally having worked out a rhythm, he found that the gods were toying with him once again as his feet struck the beach. Grumbling, he lifted the woman into his arms, swaying as waves buffeted him. He hadn't minded the tide before, but now it was his enemy, that many more feet he had to walk to get to dry land.

Lurching forward, step by step, he sincerely hoped this woman woke up soon, he didn't want to have to carry her to his shack.

-------------------------------------------

The time from when his feet touched the ground, to the time he actually made it to dry land never made it to his eyes. Instead, all he knew was the his feet weren't so cold anymore and he didn't have to fight so hard to walk. Dropping to his knees, he set the woman down as gently as he could and slumped to the side, completely exhausted.

Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 1/11/04 0:56

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 01:04:22 PM »

Khiera sprawled unconscious on the beach where Kiushapo had laid her down, oblivious to all that had happened and all that was around her. Soaked from head to toe, Khiera's figure was motionless, eyes closed, a peaceful expression on her visage. Her extremely pale skin now had a slightly bluish tinge to it, and the dash of crimson had all but left her lips, which were smooth and devoid of colour.

Khiera's chest was not heaving, as one of a person alive would be.

((OOC: I know it's short but ... what do unconscious and potentially drowned people do? Some uhm ... reviving ... please :wink2 ))

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 04:21:22 PM »

Arriving at Nepris, Kishara could just make out the ship in the distance.  So, it is possible to get here from Marcogg more quickly by horse than by ship.  she thought, grinning slightly.  She had just arrived Marcogg, after learning that there was a Kar'ii in the city, when she found out that she was too late---he had already boarded a ship, and it had just set sail.  After asking around for a while, she had found out that the ship would be stopping over at Nepris for a while, and had rushed off to Nepris almost immediately, stopping only to buy a horse.  

She was about to head for the harbour when she noticed the ship apparently bursting into flames.  Oh no!  Making a sharp turn, she tore through the streets, riding as quickly as she could towards the section of the beach nearest to where the ship was.  It was some distance from the town, but she would hopefully be able to reach it quickly enough.  She did not fear for Celan's safety---if it was indeed he who was on the ship---and would in fact be glad to see him dead, even if he did not die by her hands.  Instead, she was worried that he might have had something to do with the explosion, perhaps using it as a diversion so he could sneak away.  You will not get away this time.  

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 06:59:22 AM »

Taking only a moment for himself, he pulled himself to his knees and crawled over to the woman, noticing in his cursory glance that her skin had a bluish tinge to it. Gently rolling her over, he tugged off her soaking robe, revealing the simple dress beneath, as well as some..... other things.

Averting his eyes and then having to avert them again, he put his ear to her heart, feeling it beating faintly, but her chest was still. Hovering a hand over her mouth he couldn't feel any air coming out. Shifting his position he tilted her head back and placed his mouth over hers, pushing air into her lungs. Turning his head to listen for breathing, his eyes fell on her wet dress and he quickly switched to the other ear. Not hearing anything, he put his lips over hers again and repeated the process...

Kiushapo's Story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 06:45:22 AM »

((OOC: Marvellous post!! :D   Words are so fun to play around with ... hehehe ... Like you said, very tastefully done! :number1  ))

Khiera drifted between the sensations of freezing numbness and immense heat, in the middle of a cloudy, roiling blackness. At one point, she had felt herself dipped so deep within that dark pool, that she thought she would never emerge forth from it again. It was an odd, terrifying sensation, being unable to think, speak or move, and yet, knowing somehow that the whole core of your being was being slowly lost and disintegrated through some mystical fabric of existence ...

... until Khiera felt a sudden burst of warm air lift her through the darkness, a sudden jolt of life ...

Khiera's eyes flew open on their own accord and she heaved in a deep breath. The first sight that greeted her were loose locks of honey blonde hair framing a pointed ear, and the corner of an eye of cheerful hazel. The sea water that she had swallowed bubbled within her and Khiera struggled to cough the liquid out, but realize that she was unable to do so because -- a set of ... lips on ... mine???!!!

Alarmed and choking for breath, Khiera's upper torso reflexively jolted, and a surprised Kiushapo immediately distanced himself, allowing Khiera's upper body to sit up upright, as she coughed and gasped for breath desparately, a stream of sea water being expelled from her lips.

Choking, coughing and heaving in deep breaths, Khiera's voice trembled as she supported herself erect by leaning on one arm to the ground, with her other hand pressing tightly against her chest, "Wh..what ... wh..where ..." and a pair of pale grey eyes looked up towards Kiushapo's figure in confusion, "Wh..who??"  

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/13/04 4:57
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 12:00:22 PM »

Kiushapo tried to put on a reassuring smile while at the same time trying not to stare at her wet dress. Succeeding for the most part, he reached around her to grab her robe, gently setting it around her shoulders. "I am being called Kiushapo, your ship was deciding it didn't like being wet and dropped you off. I was fishing you out...

Giving her a moment for that sink in, he stood and gathered his vest,  noticing as he did so the signs of someone else having made to the shore. The scuffled foot prints stretched out across the beach, towards his shack funnily enough.  

Turning back to her, he slipped his vest back on, "I am having a fire at my shack, I am thinking it would be best to be getting you dry, for both our sakes." Chuckling, he offered her a hand to help her up.

Kiushapo's Story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 12:01:22 AM »

Khiera was extremely -- and that was putting it lightly -- confused. The last thing that she remembered was being on a ship ... and why was she on the ship in the first place? She knew she hated ships and the sea, there must have been a very compelling reason.

Then, there were the flames, the screams, the heat, and ... the cold, cold water! Khiera remember plunging into the ominous looking sea as her screams were caught in her throat.

Why was i on the ship? What happened?? How ...???

Khiera glanced towards Kiushapo, also dripping wet himself from his little recent "dip". What was he doing?? She decided not to ask. It had felt extremely odd to her, but whatever it was, it seemed that he had saved her life, she could not remember much except falling into the sea and then next reappearing on shore with ... him.

Khiera flinched as Kiushapo reached around her. When she felt her robe -- albeit quite soaked -- weigh down on her shoulders, only did it strike her that she was sitting on a beach, soaked from head to toe in a probably wet and close to transparent dress in full sight of a man. Well, elf. Khiera didn't know about elves that much, but the elf that stood in front her looked like a man anyway, she guessed it was safe to assume as much.

Khiera clutched her robes tightly around her. She was chilled to the bone and the wet robe didn't really help, but at least it covered up her soaking dress. "I am being called Kiushapo, your ship was deciding it didn't like being wet and dropped you off. I was fishing you out.." Khiera didn't know what to think at the moment, the more she tried to remember, the more her head throbbed in pain. Gingerly, she thanked Kiushapo, her voice barely a wisp of a whisper, "Th..thank you."

Khiera took a moment to look around her. Seeing the water made her shudder in nervousness. When she looked towards Kiushapo again, to ask questions about what had happened, he had started to speak to her again, "I am having a fire at my shack, I am thinking it would be best to be getting you dry, for both our sakes." and held out his hand towards her.

Khiera was cold, wet and tired. She was not about to argue. She placed her hand in his, and struggled to get back on her feet again. Her stand was a little shaky, and she tried not to look directly at Kiushapo until she had figured out what had taken place when she opened her eyes.

Looking sideways towards some clumps of wet sand, Khiera spoke, her voice soft and weak, but with a pleasant lilt, "Where .. is this shack of yours?"

((OOC: Hmm ... a little too long ... note to self: don't post when you have just woken up! :wink2  ))

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/13/04 4:57
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2004, 11:27:22 AM »

Kiushapo tightened his grip on the woman's hand as she stood unsteadily, he almost put an arm around her, but thought better of it, she already seemed unsure of him already, he didn't want to add anything else to her fears. Instead, he put his other hand at her elbow, supporting her that way.

"My shack is being just ahead, only a short walk." Bending down to collect his flute, he tucked it into his vest and gently led the woman across the beach.

As they walked, he tried to lighten the mood, smiling encouragingly at her "So, are you having a name? I am thinking we know each other well enough for that at least."

Kiushapo's Story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 09:56:22 AM »

Khiera trudged on in her soggy clothes that were weighing her down considerably. Her gaze drifted every now and then to Kiushapo, and she realized that he looked very alike to the man on the ship who -- Who was he? What did he say to me??

Khiera's head throbbed as she tried to remember. She couldn't. She was also starting to wonder if she was doing the right thing by following this ... Kiushapo -- What an odd name ... -- to his ... shack. Shack? Who was he anyway? Why did he help her? Why was he being so nice to her? And what was he doing when she came to???

Kiushapo's strange accent in his speech added to Khiera's wariness. And when he spoke again she couldn't help but flinch a little again. "So, are you having a name? I am thinking we know each other well enough for that at least."

Khiera smiled back, a smile of nervousness and confusion. "I am Khiera Meneris of the Hjoria." Her voice was sweet and gentle, like a cool caressing breeze on a pleasant sunny day. A question made its way to the tip of her lips, but she stopped short of asking it.

Khiera didn't hold it back for long though. She had been constantly licking her lips, wondering if Kiushapo had ... performed some dubious deed that you hear about men doing to women, though that was as far as Khiera knew about those "dubious deeds". Books about religion that Khiera had read tend to happily make vague but ominious references about catastrophic armageddons about such subjects -- basically, if you know about it, you are going to end up doing it and you die with the whole world dying along with you. If you don't know about it, you are going to end up doing it anyway and you die, with the whole world dying along of course. That way anyone can feel that they are of the utmost importance in the religion.

Khiera made another sideways glance at Kiushapo, her voice a little uncertain but the question left her lips, "What ... were you doing when ... back there ... on the ... shore?"  

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 01:23:22 PM »

Kiushapo chuckled as the source of, Khiera's, nervousness came to light. Walking slowly beside her, he imagined that it must have been a strange sight to wake up to. In his experience, he had forgotten that others may not know what he knew.

"I am knowing it as the "Breath of Life". It is coming in handy many times when a sailor is falling overboard. My breath so that he can be breathing. My life for his living. It is only being a small thing Miss? Meneris, I am sure it was looking worse than it is being....be resting assured that I would be asking first for that sort of thing."

Hoping that was explanation enough he began looking for his shack to come into view. Ever since he had neared completion of his blue prints, he didn't like to stay away from them long. As he scanned ahead, the sight of smoke assured him that they were close, gesturing ahead he smiled at Khiera "My shack, it is being right there, a few steps more only."

As the shack came into view, his smile dropped from his face, his eye only vaguely noticing a figure running off into the distance. The flame eating at his shack grabbed his attention, holding him motionless for a moment, and then, with a sharp breath he remembered his blueprints..... and his swords. Letting go of Khiera he called over his shoulder to her as he sped towards his burning shack, trying to be reassuring even now "Just be staying there, I am only needing one moment, enjoy the fire, I am thinking it is being hot enough." With that, he disappeared through the burning doorway.

Kiushapo's Story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2004, 02:03:22 AM »

((OOC: Hot enough indeed hehehe))

"Breath of Life"?? Khiera was a healer, and she wondered why she had never heard of such a "healing" method before. She made a mental note to ask Kiushapo more about it. Then a thought struck Khiera, like the dropping of a stone in a calm pool of water: Would that mean ... that he ... that he saved my life??

She glanced towards Kiushapo again, this time a little more directly, and he was just smiling towards her, "My shack, it is being right there, a few steps more only."

Khiera's attention was drawn to the sight ahead. And a sight it was. Khiera was expecting a fire, but ... she wasn't expecting a blazing conflagaration. Khiera's eyes widened, and her lips slightly slacked as Kiushapo let go of her damp, gloved hand and ran ahead towards the burning shack, "Just be staying there, I am only needing one moment, enjoy the fire, I am thinking it is being hot enough."

Khiera was taken aback as Kiushapo rushed head-on into the burning doorway -- which wasn't so much a doorway anymore as it was a wreath of flames. "Wait! What ... do you think you are doing?! Come back out! You're going to ... get hurt!"

Khiera stood deliberating with a concerned look towards the burning shack that was gradually going down in flames, wondering if she should really just stand there, or should she move forward and try to help ... but how?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]