Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1B : Of things finished, and new beginnings  (Read 19177 times)
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2004, 08:36:22 AM »

Taking a deep breath before leaping through the flames, Kiushapo lifted the corner of his vest to protect his face somewhat, searching first for his small work table. The air was hot and heavy, causing sweat to stream down his face. The roar of the flame was strangely hypnotic, doubly so as he thought that this was his stuff burning. Blinking rapidly as he moved further into the small one room shack, he grabbed anything he could lift with one hand and tossed it back out of the shack in the general vicinity of the door, several going through the windows instead.

Finally he made it to his table and his blueprints. The corners had just started to curl and his small bottle of ink had exploded, freckling the whole thing in small black dots. Snatching it up he tucked them into his vest and turned back to look for his swords.

Taking another, shallower breath from behind his vest, the flames were really starting to get to him, the room was beginning to spin and his steps weren't as steady as they could be. Realizing he should get out fast, he dashed through the flames, not worrying about the burns and grabbed his sword belt off it's peg, the attached swords clanging sharply as he stumbled towards the door.

Which didn't seem to be where he had left it. Looking wildly at the flames, he decided to chance it and launched himself forward, crashing through one of the walls of his shack and collapsing it behind him as he rolled across the sand.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2004, 11:29:22 AM »

Khiera stood outside the burning and now collapsing shack, drenched in salty seawater and also indecisive worrying. She supposed that rushing head-on into a flaming shack would be a good way to get dry and warm in mere moments, but becoming baking ashes on a soldering floor wasn't on most people's lists of life aspirations ... at least the people that Khiera knew anyway.

Khiera was relieved of her indecisiveness as Kiushapo came tumbling out of the shack riding on theashened portions of a collapsed wall, dousing tongues of little flames on himself that had decided to hop on for the joyride by rolling in the coarse sand.

Alarmed, Khiera rushed to Kiushapo's side and knelt down by him, raising a gloved hand over him in anticipation of healing  singes and toasted parts of the body. "Are you ... alright?" Her voice was mellow and deep with concern, as it brought an odd but comfortable feeling of coolness and soothing to the listener.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/18/04 3:31
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2004, 02:03:22 PM »

Kiushapo looks up at Khiera, his eyes slightly wild and unfocused, his face blackened by ash. The burns along his arms and chest felt like what he imagined hell felt like, but he gritted his teeth and pushed himself to his feet, studiously buckling his swords around his waist. His voice was hard at first, but it softened as he spoke, it wasn't her fault this had happened.

"I am being fine, just a little hot."

Chuckling, he noticed that Khiera was still wet. "Here, get a little closer, the fire is almost burning itself out."

As he spoke, the fire was limited to a few spots only. It had burned fast and furious, but the collapse seemed to have smothered it. Realizing he had left his boots inside he sighed heavily. He had rather liked those boots.

------------------------

After a while of warming themselves by the fire, Kiushapo stood and gestured for Khiera to continue sitting as he gingerly worked his way into the wreckage. It was still a little hot, but he wouldn't get hurt unless he was careless.

Shifting among his burned things, there wasn't much to salvage, but he had a bit of fun trying to figure out what this or that was, giving up on a couple and tossing them over his shoulder.

As he worked his way to where the back wall had been, the hilt of a sword sticking out of wreckage caught his attention. Quickly checking his belt, he had both of his. This was someone else's...

The image of someone running off in the distance came back to him in a flash, and he couldn't help but wonder. Jerking the sword and sheathe out, it didn't look like a design he had ever seen... Strange indeed Sliding it into his belt, he continued searching.

He hadn't really found anything worth saving after a while longer so he headed back to Khiera. "I am thinking we should head into town, the night is only going to be getting colder."

As he waited for Khiera, to gather herself he realized had never found his boots....

Kiushapo's Story

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2004, 12:15:22 AM »

Kishara raced along the beach,searching for any signs of survivors from the shipwreck.  It seemed that everyone had perished with the ship, however.  She saw nothing that might indicate someone had survived---no footprints, no movement of any kind.  Just as she was about to give up and turn back toward the town, she spotted what appeared to be a flame in the distance.  Fire...people!  She shot off in the direction of the fire, urging her horse to go faster.  

As she drew closer, she could see that the fire was much larger than she had expected.  It appeared that a small building of some kind was on fire.  And there are people. Where she was, Kishara could not make out any details, but could tell that there were apparently two people near the fire, and one of them, strangely enough, seemed to be running into towards it.  Could there be someone trapped inside?

Finally arriving at the scene, Kishara could see that the two people were a a woman and a male elf.  The woman was, it seemed, a survivor of the shipwreck---she was quite wet.  The elf, on the other hand, appeared a little singed.  He was probably the one who had rushed into the fire.  As Kishara rode up to them, something caughht her eyes.  On the elf's belt was a long, slightly curved sword that could only be a Kasumarii moonblade.  He was obviously not Kar'ii, and it was very unlikely that he was one of the few foreign students of the Kar'ii.  Which means that he probably got the blade from one.  And if he is a survivor of the shipwreck too...it probably means that there was a Kasumarii on the ship.

Halting a few peds from the pair, Kishara lept off the horse and took a few quick steps over to them.  Clearly addressing the elf, she asked, "Excuse me.  Could you tell me how you acquired that moonblade?" Her tone was cold and businesslike, and it was obvious that she was not merely making a casual inquiry.  

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2004, 08:05:22 AM »

The tone of the newcomer's voice alerted Kiushapo that this probably wasn't the best time to fool around. Putting on a friendly smile, he patted the hilt of the strange sword, impulsively deciding to pull it out and show it to her instead.

"I was finding it in the wreckage of my shack. I am thinking perhaps it was belonging to the one who was burning it. Whoever it was is being a fast runner if I am guessing correctly." He gestured vaguely in the direction he had seen the figure running in before.

Pausing, he considered the woman, "You were calling it a moonblade? What kind of people would be having this kind of sword? I have never been seeing it's like before."

If he was going to find whoever had done this, he wanted to be prepared for the confrontation at least.

Kiushapo's Story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2004, 09:26:22 AM »

Khiera was surprised that Kiushapo had emerged unscathed from the fire ... or at least he was not demonstrating any signs of being burnt or hurt. The shack had thoroughly collapsed under its own smouldering weight behind her.

"Here, get a little closer, the fire is almost burning itself out."

Still a little dazed from the rush of unfolding events, Khiera merely nodded and stood closer to the embers of what remained of the shack, trying to warm and dry herself up. She had wanted to remove her robes, for they prevented her dress from completely drying, but remembering the odd way that Kiushapo had looked at her on the beach, something told Khiera that she should decide against that. She found herself wondering why she had followed Kiushapo along and what was she supposed to be doing.

As Khiera continued to muse on her own, time zipped past. She was completely consumed in her own thoughts, until she heard the approaching sound of hoof beats.

"I am thinking we should head into town, the night is only going to be getting colder." Khiera turned towards Kiushapo, and was about to agree, when the sight of a pale-haired, sterned face woman leaping off a horse caught her attention.

The woman had an inhibiting aura around her, and Khiera made no move to get closer towards Kiushapo as the woman stepped up and initiated a conversation with Kiushapo. Perhaps she is a friend or companion? Khiera considered her situation and just hoped that the woman hadn't arrived to complicate things further in anyway. Waking up to the lips of an odd-accented engaging elf had been quite an experience in itself.

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2004, 02:43:22 AM »

He does not know what a moonblade is?  I thought that we Kasumarii were rather well known in these lands...perhaps he is a foreigner.

"It is a sword of my people, the Kasumarii," Kishara answered simply, at the same time pulling aside her cloak to reveal her own moonblade.  

"You said that you saw a person running away...do you know where he might be heading?"  

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2004, 09:20:22 AM »

As the intimidating woman revealed her own blade, Kiushapo quickly compared the two. They were indeed similar, but the one in his hands seemed... cruder... somehow. Tucking it back into his belt, he hoped she didn't insist on taking the sword, it was his only lead and he really didn't want to give it up.

Also creeping into his mind was the question of the Kasumarii. He had never heard of them, let alone met one as far as he knew. What could he have done to attract attack? He hadn't attracted that much attention since leaving Strata had he? Then again, he hadn't exactly been secret about letting it known he was finally prepared to buy his own ship. Maybe they were after his gold?

He had to laugh at that. He had learned early on to never carry a lot of stuff with him. Besides, he would have needed quite a few horses for that amount of gold. He doubted both of them could have fit in his little shack. No, it was all safe in Milkengrad, he was sure of it.

"Yes, I was seeing someone run into the hills, heading west. I am having my suspicions that they were being the ones burning my shack, and the owner of this blade. If you are finding them, I would be wishing to ask this person a few questions. We are heading into town.... you can be finding us there. Just be asking for Kiushapo."

Giving her a friendly smile, he hoped that the offering of his name would get her to lighten up a bit.

Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 1/21/04 1:21

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2004, 12:17:22 PM »

Khiera watched Kiushapo and the newly-arrived woman engage in conversation a little distance away. It was dark, and the soldering embers feeding gleefully away at what was left of the shack that once stood didn't provide much to light up the surroundings.

What little light there was however, was certainly enough to reflect off the glints of of a blade when the woman flashed her weapon. The drawing of weapons usually followed with  various passionate but not so enthusiastic verbal expressions along the lines of  "AUUGHHH!", "EEEEE!" and "URRGGHHkrglkrglkrgl ...". It was a well known near-universal occurence, and Khiera was hoping that this was one of its moment of exceptions.

Seeing Kiushapo tucking the sword back into his belt was a relief for Khiera. She was still wondering why she was inclined to follow Kiushapo, but he did save her life -- I think -- and she owed it to him to see that she would not have to save his ... at least.

Stepping up gingerly towards Kiushapo and Kishara, Khiera tried to ease her presence in as unobstrusively as possible. "Is ... there anything the matter?" Her voice was as soothing as the gentle night breeze, as comforting as a tender caress.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2004, 01:40:22 AM »

"Thank you," Kishara said, "But if this is the man I am looking for, I am afraid you will not get the chance to ask your questions."  

It was then that the woman decided to join in the conversation, asking in an unusually soothing and comforting voice, "Is ... there anything the matter?"  

Kishara was about to brush her off and give chase to the arsonist when she remembered that the woman had probably been on the ship, and might be able to help her confirm if there was a Kar'ii on board.  Turning to her, she asked, "You were on the ship that sunk, I believe?  Was there a Kasumarii on board?"  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2004, 08:11:22 AM »

"You were on the ship that sunk, I believe? Was there a Kasumarii on board?"

Khiera's pale grey eyes gleamed in the dark as she looked towards the newly arrived woman, who didn't seem ... too friendly. "Yes, i was ... on the ship ..."

Khiera's temples started to throb and ache once more. Why can't i remember??? Why was she on the ship? Who was the man that looked eeriely like Kiushapo? What did he tell her? Why did the ship sink?? All the questions raced through Khiera's mind in a flash, like a growling avalanche. The feeling of being unable to remember felt like a deafening noise that caused such a painful din in Khiera's mind that she winced visibly.

"I ... i don't remember ... what ... what's a Kasumarii?" Khiera's voice wavered a little, frustrated at her inability to recollect the splintered fragments of her memory. Khiera glanced towards Kiushapo for ... she didn't know what or why, but he seemed to be the only person there who stood out amidst her disorientation.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/22/04 0:15
Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2004, 12:53:22 PM »

Kishara's expression seemed to soften just a little as khiera revealed her inability to remember what happened on the ship.  Perhaps she couple empathize with Khiera's pain, or perhaps she pitied her, but whatever it was, she kept it to herself.  

"Nevermind," she said as she turned and returned to her horse.  Then, as suddenly as she had arrived, she left.  

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2004, 01:24:22 PM »

A little nonplussed by the woman's abrupt departure, it took Kiushapo only a moment to shrug it off and turn to Khiera.

"Shall we be going then? They will be having a fire to be getting you completely dry at the inn, and I will be getting us rooms for the night at least."

----------------

Walking slowly down the path, Kiushapo paid more attention to his traveling companion than his footing. Even without his boots, he could tell when it was safe to put his full weight down, but he wasn't sure if she had the same experience with travel.

He had to admit, concern for her safety wasn't the only thing on his mind, images of the scene earlier on the beach kept popping into his mind, despite his attempts to block them out.

As he was wrestling with a particularly vivid recollection, the world suddenly stood on end, and he found him flying through the air, a startled grunt heralding his arrival on the ground.

Quickly standing, he brushed himself off and crouched to examine what it was that had tripped him, quickly discovering it was a rather large man. A rather large man with the undeniable stench of an extraordinary amount of ale in him.

Slightly disgusted, he poked the man hard in the ribs, wondering just how drunk he was.

Kiushapo's Story

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2004, 01:02:22 PM »

Bahran was sitting in his favorite tavern enjoying a nice, big, goblet of ale. He was laughing heartly, seeing as how this was his tenth or so goblet of the precious liquid. The large man had been approached by quite a variety of women that night, and he was quite pleased about that. Finally, one of the varienty of women that he enjoyed the company of approached him. He stood up and began to climb the stairs of the inn, up to his room.

Suddenly, the mighty man felt a hard swift hit in the stomach. He looked around franticaly trying to find the culprit. It couldn't be her? Now could it? He thought, giving the woman a strange look.

Just as abruptly as the first, Bah felt another jab. This one caused him to issue a slight grunt. The image of the woman swirled away as his eyes slowly opened. He rolled over onto his back, now lying in a snow-angel ready position.

He mumbled a bit then opened his eyes a bit more. He saw a face looking down at him. He mumbled a little bit louder, then opened his eys a little bit more. His eyelids were very heavy, so this wasn't all that easy.

"... Wh...yidyuewakemehup?" He mumbled, all his words now running together. A foul stench, even worse then his body smelled, eminated from his mouth.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Edited by: Bahran the big at: 1/22/04 5:04

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2004, 02:41:22 AM »

((OOC: Aha, i think i know what you are up to with your secret plot twist Bah ... :wink2   ))

Khiera walked along the dark moonlit path with measured steps, feeling glad that Kiushapo was with her. She had always turned in at an inn after dark wherever she was, and even when wandering in the wilderness, a fire and fixed location would be the call of the night. Khiera didn't like wandering around in the dark. You never know what was lurking behind all those odd-shaped shadows that always seem to sprout out from nowhere when night cast its veil over the land. It comforted her greatly to know that they were heading towards an inn ahead, and that Kiushapo had intended to get them rooms for the night. Khiera was too tired to think, still disoriented, and just wanted to lay in bed and hope that everything looked clearer in the morning.

Both didn't exchange many words on the way to the tavern. Khiera was anxious to get to the tavern soon. She wondered if Kiushapo was looking at her oddly because of all the squishing squelching sounds that emitted from various parts of her soggy garb as she walked and moved. Khiera felt like a mobile assortment of rude chewing sounds -- not the most comforting or uplifting thing to be feeling in the still and silence of the night. Khiera merely kept her gaze low and hurried along as best as she could.

That was until a strong stench of drink struck her nostrils, and the next thing she knew, Kiushapo had hit the ground with a loud grunt. “Kiushapo!” Crying out his name felt odd. Especially when she couldn’t say it with the same accent that he did. Kiushapo was very quick on his feet though, and was already back up on his feet before Khiera could reach out a gloved hand to him.

In the darkness and standing behind a crouched Kiushapo, Khiera squinted at the large thing that Kiushapo was poking disgruntledly at. To Khiera’s surprise, it spoke, and along with the mumble words came a waft of foul stench reminiscent of patients’ less than adequate err … process of  administering externalized body matter, which made Khiera grimace and hold a damp gloved hand against her nose.

"... Wh...yidyuewakemehup?"

Khiera gasped. Which sounded more like an odd sneezy-hiccup with her hand to her nose. “Who … what … is that?”

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/22/04 18:41
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]