Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1B : Of things finished, and new beginnings  (Read 19179 times)
Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2004, 01:16:22 PM »

Bahran took the key from the strange elfish man that had carried him, and eyed it nonchalantly. Suddenly an idea dawned on him, he should get a drink! Bah dropped the key into a pocket-like pouch on his side and then headed to the bar.

On his way to the bar, Bahran thought he saw the strange elf-man that had carried him running down the steps, giving a joyous shriek. Bahran chuckled and stuck out his foot as the man passed. The running man went head over heels, and sprawled out on the floor. Just then Bahran noticed it wasn't the same elf-man.

Bah was just getting ready to apologize when the man glared, as if studying his face, then jumped up and continued to run out of the inn. Bahran shrugged and ordered an ale.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2004, 05:50:22 AM »

As Kiushapo let his hand fall from his face, he found that Khiera had joined him, and was full of questions it seems. Waving away the part about saving her life, he jumped to the questions.

"This is being Nepris, a small fishing village on the eastern side of the Mithril Mountains. The closest big town is being Marcogg or Chrondra, the second is being where I'm heading." He shrugged "I was living here, but with the burning of my shack, I am thinking that time is  being done..."

With a heavy sigh, he downed his drink and excused himself, kissing Khiera's gloved hand and mumbling something about getting some rest before heading back to his room. Unlocking the door, his first thought was for his papers. He had saved his blueprints, but his ship wasn't going to be much use if he found his way home, but could not find his tribe. He just hoped the academy at Ximax would have more information about the device than he had already found.

Pulling out the strange moonblade, he tossed it onto his bed, the clinking of the blade strangely musical to him. Over the continued ruffling of his papers, he thought he heard something grinding, and turned to look at the window, but there was nothing there. Shrugging, he looked again at his bed... abruptly turning away and heading back out the door, not bothering to lock it.

As he appeared back in the common room, he smiled softly, speaking to whoever was listening "I wasn't being as sleepy as I thought..." Chuckling, he sat back down, his empty mug refilled even before he settled in. Thanking Doyle, he took a sip and nearly spit it out as a blonde haired elf barreled through the common room, howling wildly and the moonblade in his arms. The giant Bahran seemed to get a mischievous gleam about him and stuck his foot out, tripping the fellow and giving him a brief glimpse of the the elf's face before the stranger was gone into the night.

Leaping back out of his seat, Kiushapo ran to his room, hoping he hadn't lost anything else to that madman, whose face tugged subtly at his memory.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 2/11/04 21:51

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2004, 09:00:22 AM »

Nepris ... Nepris ... Chrondra ... Mithril Mountains ... Marcogg

The names did not ring any bells. How did i end up at Nepris??? Wasn't the ship heading to ... to ...

Khiera grimaced under the shadow of her still damp hood. Where exactly was she heading???

The sudden feeling of her hand being grasped gently and pulled forward distracted Khiera from her thoughts. As Kiushapo planted a light kiss on her gloved hand, a warm hue of dusty rose flooded her cheeks. Whatever Kiushapo said after that sounded suspiciously like the taps of a quickened, beating heart, and before she knew it, he had left the table.

Kiushapo returned shortly, with Khiera still staring blankly at the table surface. After a while Khiera subconsciously gave up trying to identify the various colourful streaks, stubs and swabs of what seemed to be leftover food particles now deeply ingrained into the table's grainwork, and raised her head slightly to look at Kiushapo again, who was now sipping from his mug.

A sudden look of shock washed over Kiushapo's face, and Khiera turned around to see what had jolted him so. The same look of shock then decided to situate itself on Khiera's pale visage as well when she saw an almost mirror image of Kiushapo howling wildly down from the upper floor, tripped over, and then making a hasty exist through the tavern front door. The thought struck Khiera like a cold, writhing fish: I ... i know him!! Emotions of concern, sadness, anger and utter confusion immediately flooded in in association.

When Khiera turned back towards Kiushapo, now trembling slightly, Kiushapo had instantly leapt from his seat and rushed up stairs.

Something was terribly wrong. Khiera needed to find out what that was. I need to remember! Kiushapo knew something.

Khiera rose and ran after Kiushapo's hurried steps.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/13/04 4:22
Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2004, 05:47:22 AM »

The blade is his...so he is the arsonist.  I have been looking for the wrong person after all.  I guess I will have to search the beach again.  

Kishara turned towards the window, intending to leave the room and retrieve her horse before entering the inn again the regular way.  Just then, some words on one of the papers lying around in the room caught her eye.  She leaned closer to get a better look at it.  

((OOC: So...short...:rolleyes ))

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2004, 10:52:22 AM »

Muttering to himself as he hurried to his room, he only vaguely noticed Khiera behind him as he tried to remember what his papers had said, in the event he had to write everything down again, already knowing it was an impossible task.

As he reached his door, he placed his hand firmly on the doorknob and flung it open, storming into the room..... to find the fierce woman from his shack trifling through his papers!

Clenching his fists, he stopped himself from rushing forward and snatching up his papers like some child, but only barely. Speaking softly, his voice betrayed the effort he was making to stay in the doorway.

"I am thinking you had better be explaining yourself Miss. It is generally being polite to be knocking first, and leaving when it is being apparent no one is home."

He was fuming, but she had seemed to be looking for the owner of the moonblade, who seemed to have found it in his room. If she was after the man, she might be of some help. But he wasn't going to give her any slack...

Kiushapo's Story

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2004, 01:40:22 PM »

Fascinating!  Why have I never heard of this device before?  This is exactly what I need...

Just then, the door flew open, and someone stormed into the room.  Looking up, Kishara found herself looking into the face of a very angry Kiushapo.  Though a little startled at being discovered, she regained her composure quickly.  

"You are here," she said, "The one who burned your shack just left.  Did you see him?"

Seeing Kiushapo again, Kishara was reminded of how similar his appearance was to that of the arsonist.  Perhaps...they are related?  But that's none of my business anyway. Besides, I have more important things to ask him about.  

Nodding towards the papers she held in her hands, she asked, "That device...it is real, is it not?  Do you know where I can find it?"  

Edited by: Kishara at: 2/15/04 17:44

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2004, 12:01:22 PM »

Kiushapo took a deep, and not so calming breath as the woman brushed aside his question, clenching and unclenching his fists.

"I was seeing him, yes. I am also seeing that you were breaking into my room too. I am not knowing if the object exists, but I am not seeing how that is being your concern. Please be putting my papers down, and explain yourself."

He was calming down, but his goal was too important to let his cavalier views take the fore here. Taking a step forward into the room, he loomed over the woman, tensing his body in case she decided she didn't want to answer his questions.

Kiushapo's Story

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2004, 02:12:22 AM »

"Very well," Kishara said, returning the papers to their place on the desk.  It seemed kiushapo would not be willing to talk about anything else unless she gave an explanation for her being in his room.  She could easily have ignored him, of course, but she was quite eager to find out what he knew about the device.  

"I guess you want to know why I am here.  I met the elf on the way here, but did not realise it was he who burned your shack.  I came to this town, but I did not find him, of course.  Until I saw him again in this room.  I thought it suspicious, so I followed him in."

Finally done with her narration of the night's events, Kishara decided to change the topic of the conversation back to the magical device.  "Now, if you are satisfied, perhaps you can be telling me more about this device?"  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2004, 01:06:22 PM »

Khiera skidded in time to avoid careening straight onto Kiushapo as Kiushapo halted halfway after storming into what appeared to be the elf's room.

It was the fierce looking woman earlier on the beach!

Khiera held her breath as she took soft, backward steps towards the door. It was like the walk-around-invisible-oops-why-is-that-dog-running-after-me-the-invisble-person-HELP game that Khiera used to play when she was a wee girl. But the shifting desert sands did not squeak like old, wooden floorboards did. At least the fierce looking warrior woman did not seem to have noticed Khiera's presence.

Khiera stood by the door and willed her presence to be unobtrusive. It didn't quite work. The tensed exchange of words between Kiushapo and the warrior woman worried her. She bit her lip slightly, and stood rooted to where she was.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2004, 02:46:22 PM »

Bahran took his drink from the counter. He was about to take a sip when his hand stopped. He frowned and tugged up, but his hand didn't seem to want to move up.

"Err, jus' not thirsty..." he said, setting the ale down and looking at his feet with shame. How could this be? The great Bahran couldn't drink?

"Maybe I jus' need my flask?" The great man mumbled, walking backward away. He turned around and looked up at the stairs. He slowly walked towards them, then glanced back at the ale, still on the first step. He turned back to the steps and took another step. When he was securely on that step he turned around again to look. He continued this little funeral march of sorts all the way up the steps.

Once he reached the top he looked down at the key to see what room he was in. Slowly he walked towards the door, his head still hanging low.

"It's gotta be the flask..." He mumbled to himself as he came to his door. He stuck the key in and opened the door, not surprised that it was more or less just like the rest he had stayed in. He walked over to the desk and unhooked his side-bag from his side. The drunkard took the bag and emptied it. The flask was bigger then the other stuff in there, so he usually found it straight off.

"Where is it!" He panted frantically, feeling all over himself. He patted himself down a few times before realizing that it just wasn't there.

"That 'lady' musta took it!” He snarled. “She had me when I wasn’t ready…” his nose began to arch up and he was unconsciously growling. “Musta thunk it looked valuable she did…” He turned around and stormed to the door, forgetting to turn the handle first and smacking into it.

- Lord Byron
Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2004, 09:31:22 AM »

Bahran gave his head a few quick shakes to clear it out. He temporarily forgot what he was about to do, but a few seconds later he regained composure and turned the handle of the door. He gave a few quick turns to see where the foul temptress was.

Once he spotted her he stormed over and gave her a not-too-hard-but-not-too-soft tap on the shoulder.

"Wha? Cha think I wouldn' notice ya tricky wench? Nice try! Now give 'er here!" He growled at the woman that was with the elf that had carried him. He reached towards her and attempted to search her, but decided to wait to see if she gave it up voluntarily first.

- Lord Byron
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2004, 09:57:22 AM »

Khiera was wondering if she should step up and try to inquire about what was going on. The weapons on the fierce woman seem to whisper to her an irresistable suggestion  of "Noooo ...", when --

"Wha? Cha think I wouldn' notice ya tricky wench? Nice try! Now give 'er here!"

Khiera spun around to face an enraged and still-drunk Bahran. He was grasping towards her, and to avoid those paw-like digits Khiera found herself taking nervous steps towards the other direction now. "What ... what are you talking about? What ... what did you call me??"

As Bahran advanced, Khiera's unsure steps, soggy boots and the hard wood floor conspired against her, and sent her flailing backwards against Kiushapo.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2004, 10:16:22 AM »

Kiushapo sighed and gently gathered up the papers, leafing through them to make sure they were all there. The woman seemed harmless, and if she had been tracking this crazy elf, perhaps she would be useful.

"The device is being used for tracking. I am still not certain how it is working, or like I was saying, if it is even existing. The mages at Ximax will be knowing for sure. I am warning you though, if I am hearing you were getting this device before me, I will be coming to get it from you."

Tucking the sheets into his vest along with his blueprints, any further action he might have taken was interrupted by a sudden conversation in the doorway and then Khiera plowing into him from behind, which in turn sent him plowing into the woman in front of him, ending with them all on the ground.

Lying amidst the tangle of limbs, his first thought was that he should have stayed in he common room with his drink. He voiced his second thought, directed towards Khiera.

"I am not knowing what is going on, but this woman's sword is poking me in some uncomfortable places. Are you being able to stand?"

Kiushapo's Story

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2004, 12:41:22 AM »

"You-" Kishara started to reply.  She was abruptly cut off, however, by the impact of Kiushapo suddenly plowing into her.  

The next thing she knew, she was lying on the ground, with Kiushapo on top of her, and Khiera probably somewhere on top of him.  Owww...that hurts.  

Kishara pushed against Kiushapo as hard as she could, trying to get him off herself.  It didn't work though, not that she expected it to.  "Yes..can you get up so that this elf can get off me?  I am quite uncomfortable here."  

Edited by: Kishara at: 2/19/04 17:18

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2004, 03:15:22 AM »

"I am not knowing what is going on, but this woman's sword is poking me in some uncomfortable places. Are you being able to stand?"

"Yes..can you get up so that this elf can get off me? I am quite uncomfortable here."

"I ... oh dear ..." Khiera's actions scrambled to agree with her words by launching herself upright again, unfortunately having to push herself against the tangled limbs and more than one uncomfortable (to those being piled on) places which Khiera had no desire to identify -- most probably due to the volley of odd grunts and  incomprehensible curses in a deadly tone elicited -- in order to give herself leverage to get back on her feet again.

Scrambling to her feet again, Khiera's damp hood had fallen back, revealing a silky cascade of jet black locks that had become tussled waves as a result of the fall. Casting a wary glance over at a not-quite-drunk-anymore and very angry Bahran, Khiera was unaware of the fact that her hood had been drawn back unexpectedly. Her cheeks flushed at the drunk's menacing advance, Khiera stammered in an odd melodious way, "S..Stay back! W..what d..do you want?"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/20/04 3:10
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]