Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1B : Of things finished, and new beginnings  (Read 19181 times)
Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2004, 10:18:22 AM »

Bahran watched in puzzlement as the woman fell backward, he had barely touched her if at all. Then it appeared that he had started a domino effect. Well, he wasn't gonna stand for them falling, so he fell too. Bah didn't fall on anyone in particular, just on the floor.

Bah stood back up rather quickly however, because he realized that this was a great opportunity to search the room, what with everyone on the room. He ran around the room turning over the bed and knocking papers all over the place.

"Where'd ya put my flask!?" Bahran shouted down at the woman from before. He bent down close to her face and snarled.

"I need that flask..." The big man said softly, in a menacing tone.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2004, 11:34:22 AM »

Rolling to his feet as soon as Khiera got off of him, Kiushapo rubbed his ribs lightly, looking up from the fierce woman in time to see Bahran overturning his room. First a crazy elf, then a fierce woman, and now this, a crazy drunken giant. If ever he had believed in signs, this was surely one telling him to leave.

Sighing heavily at the destruction, he placed a hand on Bahran's shoulder, roughly heaving him away from Khiera. Changing his tone to be as commanding as he could muster, he found himself fed up with this whole day.

"You will be getting out of my room right now! I am not caring what you are looking for or how big you are being, but if you are not being out in the hall in two seconds...."

He trailed off there, letting the silence fill in the rest.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2004, 10:45:22 PM »

Finally!

As soon as Kiushapo got off her, Kishara rolled to one side, and, with some difficulty, pushed herself off the ground.  Finally on her feet again, she rubbed the sore areas---which was pretty much everywhere---gently as she looked around the room, searching for the cause of the three of them falling on each other.  

She did not have to look long---a large man was stumbling about the room and overturning everything.  A very large and, judging from his actions and the smell emanating from him, very drunk man.  It was quite obviously he who had caused the rather painful incident.  And he really needs a bath.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2004, 12:26:22 PM »

((OOC: Going to puppet you a little Bah, just to move things on ... sorry if i don't play your char as well as you do, i'll try to minimize whatever he says or do hehehe))

"I need that flask..."

Khiera stumbled a couple of steps backwards as Bahran growled down towards her, and would have stumbled straight into Kishara if Kiushapo had not hefted the giant of a man away from her.

"You will be getting out of my room right now! I am not caring what you are looking for or how big you are being, but if you are not being out in the hall in two seconds...."

But the big man was persistant. His eyes never left Khiera, and advancing menacingly, he swung a fist at an alarmed Khiera, who ducked in shock, leaving Kishara right behind her in the path of a clenched fist.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2004, 02:37:22 AM »

All of a sudden, Kishara found a huge fist headed right for her face.  It was probably a good thing, both for her and the large man, that she was a rather nimble person.  Leaning to her right, Kishara just managed to get her face out of the way, avoiding some unnecessary bloodshed.

Her instinctive responce to attack prompted her to bare a portion of her blade, directing a meaningful glare at the drunkard before sliding it home again.

"I suggest that you be more careful with what you are doing," she told the man.  Then, to Kiushapo and Khiera, she asked, "Is there any way to make him less drunk?  He appears to be quite dangerous in this state."  

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 2/23/04 23:08

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2004, 09:56:22 AM »

Bahran was about to take another swing, for being insulted by the small woman, when he saw a bare portion of a blade. He eased up a little. Did any of them have a sword before? I didn't notice a sword... He thought, wide-eyed.

He backed up a bit, his hands out in front of him.
"Now I don' want any trouble..." Bah gulped visibly as he spoke. He hadn't intended to have to actually fight, especially in a tiny room where his sword would hit the walls and ceiling before hitting his foe.

"Maybe ya don' have my flask after all," he said, mocking sincerity to the woman. He intended for her to believe that he really thought that she didn't have it, but that was such a complex thought that he wasn't sure that he knew what he was thinking.

"So, I'll, eh, jus' be goin' now..." He backed out of the room, smiling quite fakely.

- Lord Byron
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2004, 10:26:22 AM »

Khiera felt her heart pounding ferociously as the big man aburptly turned and left the room. Trembling slightly all over, Khiera finally became aware again that one of her natural abilities was speech, and blurted out, ashened face and visibly distressed, "That ... that man, he ... he's mad!"

Khiera supported herself against the top of a bedside table, not realizing that her palms within her gloves were warming up considerably ...

A flask??? That ... crazy ... violent ... man! What would i be doing with a flask?? His flask?? What's so ... important about a ... flask anyway?? Does he relieve himself in it or ...???!!

At the blurting of her last thought in her mind Khiera flushed a bright crimson, wondering how such a thought had gleefully announced itself, puzzled at the association from huge man to drunken gait to loud demands to large amounts of ale to a warm puddle of --

Shaking her head slightly, Khiera looked up towards an antagonized Kishara and a flustered Kiushapo. She added to the jolly pot of frustrated emotions the Mute Bafflement.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2004, 03:54:22 AM »

"No, he is just drunk," Kishara said to Khiera, who was looking extremely distressed, "Though there seems to be little difference between the two."

Perhaps it is time I leave too.  It is getting late, and I still have to get myself a room.  Besides, I do not seem very welcome here.

Turning to Kiushapo, she said, "I think I should be leaving as well.  I will speak to you about the device again tomorrow, if you do not mind,"

She then headed for the door, before remembering that she had left her horse out in the street.  Stopping abruptly, she turned and headed back to the window from which she had entered the room, and slipped back outside.  

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2004, 09:52:22 AM »

With Bahran taken care of, Kiushapo sighed heavily, turning it into a wordless growl towards the end, taking a halfhearted swipe at the fierce woman as she slipped out of his window to relieve some of the frustration of this day.

“I would not be worrying about Bahran, if he is trying to bother you again, please be coming to me, I have been dealing with his kind before.” Changing tack, he smiled softly “It is getting late, let me be walking you to your room.”

Approaching Khiera, he lifted her hand away from the bed stand, flinching instinctively as his fingers felt the heat coming from them. Thinking perhaps she had placed her hand to close to the lamp, he ignored the it. As he lifted her hand away and began to guide the distraught woman to his door, the stand caught his attention, there was a darkened spot, as if it had been burned. He hadn’t noticed that before…

Shrugging it put it down to stress and directed the woman into the hallway and towards her room, stopping at her door.

“I will be leaving in the morning. I am seeming to have drawn too much attention to myself. I am thinking I had best be making my way to Ximax while I am being able. This is being a small town, Chrondra is being just over the mountains, if you are wishing to go there, I can be taking you that far at least.”

Nodding his goodbyes, he trudged back to his room and closed the door behind him, locking it, and the window this time before slipping out of his vest and swords and into bed. Wiggling his toes, he chuckled, first thing tomorrow morning, a visit to the cobbler.

Kiushapo's Story

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2004, 12:20:22 PM »

Bahran walked back into his room. He was phased, but not out yet. He would get that flask back from that wench... if it was the last thing he did.

The big man was too tired to do anything but just walk over and fall into the bed. He was lucky that the beds here were strong, most of the places he went the legs of the bed would just pop off when he got into them. a few seconds after he climbed into the bed, his eyes closed and he drifted into a sleep full of dreams about the flask.

- Lord Byron
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2004, 04:20:22 AM »

Khiera had merely nodded gingerly in response to all of Kiushapo's words as he accompanied -- or rather, led -- her to her room for the night. As she watched his weary figure trudging away, her Weariness that had been caught in a losing tug-of-war with Confusion and Distraught for the past few couple of Bells had now claimed victory and racing through its victory lap as it seeped through every inch of her willpower and thoughts.

Chrondra, this strange name of a strange place that was mentioned, will have to wait to be considered tomorrow, when, Khiera hoped, everything will be ... better. Preferably without alcohol-inspired incidences flask-obsessed drunk men.

The door creaked sleepily as Khiera pushed it open and stepped into the room for the night.

Later that night, a heavily hung-over man woke up in the middle of the night from a sore, blistering feeling on his back. As he craned his neck backwards to look at a dark, throbbing and painful round patch on his back in the mirror in the poorly lit room, he wondered if that innocent-looking angel-faced prostitute that he hooked up with earlier in the evening had a penchant for nibbling circular bits off their clients. It would have helped if he wasn't as drunk as he was earlier in the evening while stumbling to his own room, and remembered leaning against a particular door with a particular hot red glowing door knob belonging to a particular cloaked and hooded woman.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2004, 06:13:22 AM »

Kishara was feeling fortunate---at most other inns, it would be almost impossible to get a room so late at night.  That wasn't the only reason, of course---finding out about the tracking device, and someone who could tell her more about it, was even more fortunate---but right now, she was tired, and having a relatively comfortable bed to sleep in was certainly much better than having to sleep out in the open.  

That did not help her fall asleep, however.  Her thoughts kept turning to the tracking device, and her excitement over the discovery was keeping her awake.  It was only much later than she drifted off to sleep, her weariness finally overcoming the excitement she was feeling.  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]