Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So Orril Miés'efér (Ready for title!!!l)  (Read 27569 times)
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 03:36:23 AM »

Ok, If I had seen that before, I wouldn't put graduation.
This leaves me with a question, someone in this post say that you can graduate at every level, that's true or false?

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2006, 03:54:23 AM »

It's false.  And that entry is very outdated.  However, you are right that level 6 is when a mage graduates from Ximax.  If they leave before then, they are not considered to have graduated.  

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2006, 05:21:23 AM »

So i'm graduated or not?

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2006, 06:46:23 AM »

Seems so :)

Orril, why don't you just make a trip out in the woods, or accompany somebody and there you find a wolf pup? Maybe the party you were with killed the other wolves of the pack and you took care of the little one? Then it might work...it will accept you as its "alpha male"

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2006, 09:36:23 AM »

Wow, what a great idea, yes I will put that
Thanks Talia :hug  

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2006, 09:27:23 AM »

As for graduation: compare it to a real life doctor. Each year you'll graduate from the year you are following, but only after the seventh or so you'll be a fully-fledged doctor. Still, that doesn't mean you'll be able to do more complicated things as surgery. => As a mage, you can graduate from level 1-5, but at level 6 you'll be considered as a fully-fledged mage. That doesn't mean you'll be to do complicated things as sphere III spells though. If you want to do those, you'll need extra studying. Just more experience won't help you out with that.

Magic looks fine now. A bit short, but accepteble I think.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

~> Click Here <~
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2006, 01:38:23 PM »

HOOO, thanks for the explanation Marvin, it is easier to understand that.
So I'm ready for a title?:number1  

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2006, 01:59:23 AM »

What about going through it again and trying to eliminate the grammar mistakes the spellchecker can't find or the double words :
latter later
leaved=left
etc
Shaded forest=Shaded Forest
:)  
rephrase your "alpha" (leading animal)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 2/23/06 18:03
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2006, 12:07:23 PM »

Ok, thanks Talia, I'm going to check it now

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2006, 06:08:23 AM »

Quote:
well, let’s see if you don’t tan after almost 300 years doing fieldwork

When did you do fieldwork? Magery is studying and I don't see you doing it in your spare time in your history.

Quote:
because I stay awake almost all the afternoon and night and sleep almost all morning, so for say it fast I love the night, and this is reflected on my familiars, a wolf and an owl.

Aren't wolves creature of the day?

Quote:
Others says that I'm exceedingly patient, that I must show my strength, when I was studying I was a target for affronts, but I never put a stop (Well, actually once, but now I think it wasn't enough).

Being patient doesn't make you a target for insults as far as I know.

Quote:
My family sent me letters too, and usually a bit of money to buy more reagents.

And food, and clothes, and books, and... Unless you have some kind of job you'll need that too :)

Quote:
In my years of study I got two familiars, a horned owl named "Strom" and a wolf named "Shadow" this two were a birthday since Storm was it, and Shadow...

This sentence is confusing. What do you mean with it? And Strom or Storm?

Quote:
While I was in a trip with some hunters in the woods I found a wolf pup, casualty? don't think so, I couldn't leave him there, I thought that my party killed his pack, so I felt bad, I picked the cub and keep it. I named him Shadow, for it’s gray color, Shadow grow, thinking that I was and am the Alpha of the pack, so it don't attacks me.

Again, you're writing is very confusing. Break it up in some more sentences and don't be afraid to explain things a little more.
I think you mean 'Coincidence?'. you won't be able to do much with a wolf pup casualty.
You mean he has a shadow grey colour?

Quote:
I think that I like her, she hears me and does almost all that I ask her to do, I say almost, because sometimes she won’t obey.

You think? So you're not sure about it? And how can she understand you? You mean you learned things (like sit, lie down, attack, stay,...)? She's just an owl after all.

I noticed you're using a lot of commas, even when it isn't needed. Sometimes it's better to break things up in two (or more) sentences, especially when two parts of a sentence have little to do with one another. Also, you don't need a comma in front of 'and' or 'or' unless you want to stress that there's a pause in between the two parts of the sentences.

~> Click Here <~

~> Click Here <~
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2006, 11:37:23 AM »

Thanks for comenting Marv.
I will add about fieldwork, yes the idea was in the spare time and I think in Ximax academy they give you hollydays, Right?

Well, about wolves, they usually sleep in day and afternoon, but they can stay awake at day too. And is common to see the wolves as creatures of the night and darkness (at least in Latinamerica that is the idea about wolves).

Being patient makes you a good person indeed, but usually others abuse of that patiens, and provoke you, that is my personal expirence.

Good point, I never thinked about that... I will add it now.

Typing error in the sentence, I mean Storm. And I mean that while I studyed someone gave me Storm and I got Shadow pup from the forest.

Yes, I mean Shadow have a shadow grey color. And yes, the word I was searching for was coincidence.

I used I think because I can't proof if I like her (This is a bit confusing, I mean if she have a "feling" about me). Then, owls are very inteligent birds, if you have them from very young, then they learn about meanings, if you say "X sit", and X "sits", you give something as price, then X will learn that if he/she does that when you ask it, he/she will get food. That is the most common training method.

If you can understand that, means that I'm not so bad to express, if you can't understand that, ask again, and I will search for a better explanation.  

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2006, 07:44:23 PM »

You mean you can't prove she likes you?

Oh, and just a hint, but I found that spellchecking every post you make improves your spelling a lot. It's what I used to do when I started out playing. I used to have spelling mistakes about every two sentences. Now I don't do so anymore as there's only typos left and I'm too lazy to fire up word for that :)  

~> Click Here <~

~> Click Here <~
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2006, 05:21:23 AM »

No, I mean that I can't proof if I like her, the inverse that you said... It's kinda hard that part:explode  

Edit: I think I got it, is she likes me, or at least that's what says many traducers online.

Reedit: I think there's nothing more to add, so here comes the question:
I'm ready for a title???:number1  

Edited by: so orril miesefer at: 3/2/06 21:48

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2006, 04:43:23 AM »

Quote:
During my spare time I did some fieldwork and research around Ximax city

Fieldwork and research for...? Magery is more a thing that is learned behind desks. Practice can happen pretty much anywhere where there's sufficient space for the spell you're practicing (and perhaps another (better) mage to keep an eye on things.

Quote:
In my years of study I got two familiars, a horned owl named "Storm" and a wolf named "Shadow" this two were a birthday since a friend gave me Storm as a present and Shadow...

This is still as confusing as before. Try and make it a bit more clear. For example: "In my years of study I got two familiars, a horned owl named "Storm" and a wolf named "Shadow". Storm was a birthday present from a friend and Shadow...".

Quote:
With other people he gets nervous. () He doesn’t attack the others, but doesn’t let them to touch him. With kids he is playful as with me. Why? A good question. I think that’s because he associates the older people to the hunters, and the kids as anything more.

And the kids as anything more... and then? Anything more what?

Well, there’s still a lot of improvement to be done in your grammar, but I guess you'll get better at that as you use your English more. Also, as I said before, you tend to try and put everything in one sentence, sometimes even if things are not related to each other. Generally, if I'm using three or more commas in one sentence I'll see if I can split it up. For example like I did with in the last quote.

~> Click Here <~

~> Click Here <~
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2006, 04:53:23 AM »

Orril, I can only stress what Marvin has said. Your char description is your entrance in a story. The story mods will read it and decide on your performance here, if they want to take you or not.  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Yesterday at 06:05:42 PM]

[Yesterday at 06:03:43 PM]

[Yesterday at 06:03:25 PM]

[Yesterday at 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]