Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where were you?  (Read 697 times)
James Seabird
The Runaway Pirate
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« on: September 12, 2011, 04:30:40 AM »

I had just started first grade. I was seven years old. I don't actually remember what happened. The first time I heard that question was when my 5th grade teacher told us where she was.

My father was almost on flight 175. We lived in Boston, but he often flew to the west coast. His coworker was on board instead of him, and another man who worked for him was just entering Manhattan when the first tower fell. My family moved less than a year later.

James Seabird

The only way you'll ever know how far you can go is to run.
Krius Dravien
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »

I was about eight at the time so don't really remember it, but seeing as how it was a tuesday I was most likely at school or at home playing pokemon on my gameboy.

It's one of those events I'll probably regret not remembering what I was doing, but I never reallly understood the whole thing until a few years on. I just knew some bad men had blown up a building.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Tristessa Stonebridge
Herald Barmaid
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »

10 years ago I was a freshman in high school. I was 14 years old. I had jazz band practice before school and band was first period. I didn't find out about the attacks until second period, Bible class. One of my classmates came into class late saying that she was late because they were watching the news in the Senior Lounge.

It was an odd day for me. My emotions were mixed and I didn't know what to think. My mom asked me when I got home if I was okay, 'cause she knew I'm tender-hearted and usually can't stand violence and stuff like that.

If a good meal and a nights' sleep is what you need,
Come to the Thirsty Herald, where you'll find the best deals around!

~*~Tristessa Stonebridge~*~
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »

I was at school, didn't hear about it until I got back and my mother told me what happened and that I should go watch the news. Other than that I don't really remember much of that day, for some reason I remember it as being a friday instead of a tuesday ;)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:15:33 AM »

I was 23 years old and between jobs. I had a habit at the time of falling asleep with the radio on, and the night of Sept 10 was no different. I woke up with the radio still on, but instead of music, news bulletins were announcing the tragedy. The first thing I heard that a plane had crashed into the world trade center building.

I got out of bed quite intrigued as how anything like that could have happened. I flipped on the TV just in time to witness the second plane hitting the tower. Now, everyone was saying it was terrorists. I sat on the couch the entire day simply dumbfounded and worried, completely shocked. I watched as the news announced the third and fourth planes crashing as well.

The entire day was a blur. A really scary memory, but I will never forget it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]