Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2A -- You Say It Like a Bad Thing  (Read 22248 times)
Aryia en Evasha
New Santharian

« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2005, 06:23:22 AM »

All attempts at keeping a safe distance from the newcomer's intrusion in the name of caution and good-common-sense-well-those-of-warriors-anyway by Aryia`en dissolved into the air along with the sprinkle of feathers as she was half-coaxed and half-pushed towards Brodin and his mount. There he was, the newcomer along with a brown steed, standing barely a ped away from her now.

Aryia`en shook her arm vigorously and managed to dislodge Luca's ten pointy digits that were digging into her pale, slender arm. Her patience stretched thin, she snapped at Luca with a disdainful look from the corner of her eyes. "Luca, cease your vexing prattle, it is abrasive to my feelings of cordiality towards you." Aryia`en's glistening silver locks framed a sharp scowl on her face as Luca managed to edge in one last comment that made no sense whatsoever to Aryia`en. "You don't have any utilities he could steal, do you?"  

Aryia`en muttered under her breath to Luca, in a slightly more kindly tone, "Now be on your guard, especially if you possess ... utilities that you are speaking of."

Aryia`en directed a well-polished steely gazed towards Brodin. Her tone was cold and wary as she addressed him. "Come no further! I am a Kaierian Sýs'Pharanhé-króin of the Tethinrhim. What do you know of the explosion and the missing? My ..." She glanced briefly at Luca, " ... friend here seems to believe that you are wanting to deprive us of our belongings. I hope, for your sake, that she is incorrect."

Brodin Gerdrard
New Santharian

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2005, 02:05:22 PM »

Brodin wore a slightly confused look on his face as he watched the one figure throw her hands into the air and proceed to push the other towards him. As the two came closer he recognized some strikingly elven features in both, or what his experience stereotyped as elven feathers. In truth, Brodin’s experience was small, having met elves only a handful of times, and not having any business interest with them, he knew very little about them. The Jhehellrhim elves occupy the Istarin forest just southwest of his home city Carmalad, but only occasionally do the two groups ever mingle. Brodin had always been told the Jhehellrhim elves were not to be trusted. He wasnt sure if these two were Jhehellrhim, but his suspicion grew nontheless. Elves were elves.

Both of the women were slim and fit looking, but the rest of the pair made a sharp contrast. The one was a head taller with long silver hair and a stoic mask over her strong elven features. The other instead had short brown hair with a face full of expression playing over her less prominent elvish appearance. It was the taller one that stepped forward to speak.

"Come no further! I am a Kaierian Sýs'Pharanhé-króin of the Tethinrhim. What do you know of the explosion and the missing? My ... friend here seems to believe that you are wanting to deprive us of our belongings. I hope, for your sake, that she is incorrect."

That’s what the elf said, but not exactly what Brodin heard. His own translation would have been more like:
“Come no further! I am a bunch of mumbo jumbo that makes no sense. What do you know about something that you didn’t see, but I obviously did? And I think I’ll threaten you while I’m at it just for kicks.”
Brodin stared at her for a few seconds with a confused look on his face. First of all he didn’t take to threats very well, but after a quick glance at the silver haired elf’s two long swords, he thought better of any rash action. Secondly, missing? The two were missing something? “Right…. Well, as I said, I came over to see if anyone was hurt, to help,” he stated in a hesitant tone. He was annoyed at the threat, but didn’t want to give the woman a reason to show him her metal. “You say you’re missing something?”

Luca the Thief
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2005, 10:37:22 AM »

"Now be on your guard, especially if you possess ... utilities that you are speaking of."

Luca's face blotched red with fury with Aryia'en's mistaken insinuation. Of all the no good, sneaky, elvishesque things to say.... "I can assure I do not have any utilities. I am more of a woman you'll ever be," she exclaimed, making a move to cup her own assets though thought better of it with Brodin's presence and the fact that, like any healthy male, had his own set of utilities. After a pause, the half-elf continued in an angry hiss that, despite it's entirely audible volume, could have been presumed to be a whipser. "And at least I could get a man if I wanted," Luca spat and crossed her arms over her chest in a pout. If it weren't for the stranger, she would have made a scene.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Aryia en Evasha
New Santharian

« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2005, 04:09:22 AM »

Aryia`en abandoned her wary defensive stance for about two blinks worth of a moment to gape incredulously at Luca's series of vehement proclamations, especially the very last one. By Armeros' Shield, she was now even more convinced that wretched half-elven miscegenations were not only tainted by the impurity of their birth, but by their upbringing as well -- as in, the complete absence thereof. And in the presence of a complete stranger and potential adversary as well! Why the little --

A jolt of self-imposed restraint allowed Aryia`en to regain her prior composure almost instantaneously. She would take up the matter with Luca later. After all, someone had to maintain a semblance of respectability or at least salvage whatever shreds of decorum remained in the present ... company. Ok, couple. In Luca's case, a ripe, big juicy peach might just do the trick -- if it was permanently adhered between her lips. And a large sack at hand perhaps, to cover up any impulsive and spurious acts of immodesty.

But back to more important matters at hand. Aryia`en ill-trusted strangers, but Paranoia wasn't a favoured comrade. This new stranger did not seem to pose any immediate threat to their lives, and either he truly had no idea of all that had just transpired that had caused the mysterious dissapearance of the others, or he was a clever opportunist that was just passing by and is now shrewdly evaluating the situation for any potential windfalls that he might reap out of all the chaos and confusion. Whatever it was, Aryia`en was not interested in figuring it all out. She was beginning to tire of their own confusion, and gathered that the best way to get to the bottom of what had happened was to scout out their immediate surroundings for any clues as to what may have happened .

In a more relaxed, but still icy cold and distant, tone of voice, Aryia`en waved Brodin on his way, "If you know nothing, then you are of no assistance to us. Be on your way and we will be on ours."

Aryia`en then turned to a still-scowling Luca and leaving it to Brodin to now leave them on his own accord, "Luca, enough of all this infantile foolishness. We must search the surrounding area to see if we can discover anything or anyone to shed light on our current predicament." It sounded like an outright order, not request nor suggestion.  

Luca the Thief
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2005, 03:53:22 AM »

We must search the surrounding area to see if we can discover anything or anyone to shed light on our current predicament.

Luca sighed and lolled her head around to bring forth a satisfying Kcrack. "Anything would be more fun than hanging out with you limp noodles," she muttered, eyeing Aryia'en in particular. The half-elf turned to Brodin and bowed exceedingly low with a flourish, and began scuffing her way along. Humming a catchy little tune to herself, Luca strolled off to the north with a long grain-grass in her mouth.

It wasn't long until the thief found a very tall ash tree standing at attention at the bottom of a slight dip in the land, which would explain why she hadn't spotted it before. Figuring she would see whatever it was she was looking for easier from a higher vantage point, the half-elf began skillfully shimmying up the first part of the trunk and clambering through the branches until she feared they would hold her weight no longer. After a few minutes of admiring the scenery and having completely forgetten why she was not with the elf anymore and why she was in a tree, Luca wriggled up against the stiff trunk of the tree and let her eyelids droop together, allowing for afternoon-dreams of peaches and sacks to buzz through her mind.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Brodin Gerdrard
New Santharian

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2005, 02:45:22 AM »

As Brodin tried to question the two about the missing, neither seemed to hear him as the short haired elf burst into a fit. Brodin didn’t understand the reason for the hostility, but his eyebrows climbed up his forehead at the elf’s words nonetheless. He had no idea where these words fit into their current predicament; maybe the elf was trying to confuse him. That was just what people back home said elves would try to do. Try to confuse him, and then steal the clothes from his back! But the taller elf made such a face at the other’s words that he quickly dismissed it from his mind.

She could get a man?  Brodin couldn’t help but suddenly realize how true that statement was. Although very unique, each was quite attractive in her own way. He had heard that elves lived far longer than humans, but both of these were certainly younger than him. Brodin’s stream of thinking into the ways each was attractive was short-lived as the silver haired elf rudely interrupted his thoughts.

"If you know nothing, then you are of no assistance to us. Be on your way and we will be on ours. Luca, enough of all this infantile foolishness. We must search the surrounding area to see if we can discover anything or anyone to shed light on our current predicament."

An incredulous look spread over Brodin’s face as his eyebrows drew together. In the few moments he had met these two, he had been interrogated, threatened and discarded. He had been wrong, these elves weren’t attractive. They were rude, moody, dangerous, untrustworthy, ugly interrogators! He had graciously come to offer his help, and they snubbed him.

“Anything would be more fun than hanging out with you limp noodles,” responded the short haired elf as she started off towards the north.

Brodin had had enough of these elves. People were right; elves were not to be trusted. They shouldn’t be touched with a ten foot polearm. He would keep going the way he had intended. He wanted nothing to do with elves anymore. “Fine I will be on my way! I can stand your company no longer anyway,” he replied as he prodded Jake past the smaller elf. South-East it was!

Without looking back he trotted Jake away. It wasn’t long before his thoughts strayed to the road ahead. He had heard from the village he had just left that the next town was known for its large peach orchards. He would have to buy himself a sack of them for his travels.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]