Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2B: Of Mountain Women and Dwarven Ale  (Read 14821 times)
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« on: March 01, 2004, 11:49:22 AM »

Having woken before the sunrise, Kiushapo's first task had been to visit the cobbler, catching him just before he had gone off on his fishing run. It had taken only a few moments to find the boots he had commissioned and to pay the man. He wasn’t looking forward to breaking them in over the rough mountain terrain, but that couldn’t be helped.

Nodding to all the fishermen as they headed towards their boats, he slipped back into his room, working quickly to place all his papers in the hard round case he carried for this purpose. Placing that in a small travel bag as he scoured the room one last time. With that done, he headed for the common room, locking his door behind him.

Leaving the key behind the counter for Doyle to find, he sat in the empty common room, taking in the room and its silence as he waiting for the others to wake up.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 3/1/04 3:55

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 12:57:22 AM »

Khiera had woke up well before the first rays of dawn had slipped through the wooden shutters in the room. Despite her intense desire for good sleep and rest, all night through she had the merry company of strange dreams of blonde elves and dancing flames, of double headed squished pygmies among tall grasses and flasks with little feet who was intent on running away from the big drunk man and to her.

Relieved at the respite waking up brought her, Khiera thought it wise to devote a longer session of prayer to Nakashi this morning. Perhaps Nakashi was testing her faith, showing her a new path in life? Or might she have angered Nakashi unwittingly and now have to reclaim her favour? The problem that it was hard to remember what she did that she didn't want to do when she couldn't even remember what she did that she wanted to do. Her memory's prolonged hiatus was starting to concern her.

After prayers, Khiera gathered what little possessions that she had, and slowly made her way towards the common room.

Everything in the hostel looked different in the morning. The rowdiness of the evenings were absent, and so was the predominantly male and drunk crowd. That itself made Khiera felt much at ease.

Khiera was dressed the way any proud Hjorian would. She was covered from head to toe in her long, flowing grey robes, hooded, gloved and veiled, revealing only the pale, inquisitive grey of her eyes.

Spotting Kiushapo sitting alone at a table, Khiera made her way towards him, and flashed him a gentle smile with the assumption that he could see through matter, "Good morn, Kiushapo. Are you well rested?" Her voice was soft with an extremely pleasing lilt, less frayed than last night and more controlled, tempered, with a calm, soothing edge.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 09:25:22 AM »

Bahran sat up straight in his bed. He had been bothered all night by strange flask dreams, many not even involving flasks, but still classified as flask dreams. He stretched his arms out and rubbed his eyes. The big man slowly got out of the bed and when he was up he put his sword back into its scabbard.

Now it was time to plan Operation Get-back-flask-from-evil-tricky-lady. Bah had concluded that the be-aggressive-plan wouldn't work, so now it was time to try the be-nice-and-gain-confidence-of-evil-tricky-lady-and-when-she-is-asleep-or-not-paying-attention-steal-the-flask. The big man figured that this new plan should work quite nicely.

Bah slowly opened the door and peered out. He wasn't sure why, but peering was fun. After determining that his reason for peering was just, he opened the door the rest of the way and walked down to the bar. Spotting the woman and strange elf man, he walked over ot them.

"I, eh, jus' wanted to say tha' I'm s'ry abou' last night," He forced out, making a pleasant, precious even, smile. "but tha' flask means a lot to me..."

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 12:04:22 PM »

Bringing him out of his idle contemplations, Khiera’s form was a welcome sight. The slight crinkling around her eyes revealed her smile where her exotic veil hid it, prompting a warm smile in return. Gesturing for her to sit he ran a hand roughly through his hair, holding it behind his head as he thought of an appropriate answer.

“I was sleeping well enough under the circumstances, I was being more eager to head out than to be reliving the day in my dreamings. And you, were your dreams helping you to decide what your next step is being?”

From the corner of his eye, he saw Bahran enter the room; the steadiness of the giant’s step suggesting the night had done him good. Nodding a curt greeting, he refrained from commenting on the apology, sure it was meant for Khiera rather than him.

Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 3/4/04 4:07

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 12:51:22 PM »

Khiera was enthused by Kiushapo's warm reception. It was certainly nice to see the blonde elf back to his seemingly eternally jovial self.

“I was sleeping well enough under the circumstances, I was being more eager to head out than to be reliving the day in my dreamings. And you, were your dreams helping you to decide what your next step is being?”

A little voice -- one that was oddly all giggly with downcast eyes -- told Khiera that it was probably not a good idea to mention to Kiushapo about the flashbacks of liquid saturated moments in her dreams last night. It was only so long before darting gazes at rocks, tufts of grass and other wayside objects grew tedious -- especially when you were trying to speak to someone and move forward at the same time and looking anywhere but where you were supposed to because of ... "I had quite ... a quiet night of slumber. I don't remember any dreams, which is ... quite a predicament for me because ..." Khiera frowned deeply. Her memory seemed to have forget about what It was supposed to do. She hoped it wasn't a permanent condition. And then the thought itself of having a condition that you can't even remember became quite distressing, especially when you can't even remember that you can't remember a condition that you can't remember. Oh dear ... " ... I ... I still can't ... quite remember things that ... i'm supposed to remember."

Khiera sighed audibly, hoping that it was within hearing range to her Memory. "I was hoping that ... perhaps you could help me --"

The shuffle of feet made Khiera stop abruptly in mid-sentence, and turned around, greeted with a smile so cheerful and warm that it seemed to be arm-twisting you into agreeing with it that it was extremely merry and joyful.

"I, eh, jus' wanted to say tha' I'm s'ry abou' last night, but tha' flask means a lot to me..."

Khiera smiled warmly in return. So, the man has returned to his senses. She felt no reason to believe otherwise. She nodded at Bahran in acknowledgement, and spoke pleasantly, "It is good to see you in good spirits, good sir. Although, i most certainly have no idea about this flask that you speak of. Perhaps you can recollect where you last saw it, and i may help you search for it, since it means much to you?"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 10:53:22 AM »

Bahran wasn't sure what to make of this. He knew she stole it, but wasn't sure how she could sewem so calm and sincere about it.

"Yerah... that'd be as nice as lobbin' off th' heads of some orcs!" Bahran said forcing a hearty laugh and remaining to force his smile.

"I guess it could be on tha' path ya foun' me on..." The large man said, unsure of what he should say.

"So, where ya goin'?" Bah said, pulling a chair up and sitting down at the table with the two.

- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 09:26:22 AM »

Standing as Bahran sat down, Kiushapo felt no need to be polite to the man just yet, taking out his frustrations of the past day on the most deserving target.

"Chrondra, over the mountains. We are leaving as soon as the lady is being ready."

Slinging his pack over his back he adjusted the strap over his chest and gave his sword belt a settling tug.

"Our path is not taking us back to where we were finding you, but if you are wishing to check there, it is being only a short walk. You could be catching up if you are really wishing to join us."

Looking towards Khiera, his eyes pleaded with her to please be ready. He was growing more and more eager to leave this place and it's bad luck behind.

Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 3/11/04 20:07

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 01:42:22 PM »

Khiera noted that it was amazing what a night's rest could contribute towards a pleasant disposition. The big man seemed extremely agreeable this morning, and apart from having the odd habit of nibbling off the ends of his words, Khiera surmised that he seemed a pretty decent fellow. She sincerely hoped that he recovered his flask soon. The only flask like item that Khiera recalled ever noticing on the way to the hostel was, well, the big man himself -- filled to the brim with ale.

"So, where ya goin'?"

At the big man's question, Khiera recalled that she had intended to ask for Kiushapo's assistance ... assistance for what and in what form, she couldn't remember. But she knew that she did not wish to remain in this place called ... Nepris by herself. It would probably be wiser to request to follow Kiushapo wherever he was heading, while waiting, hopefully, to regain her memory.

"Chrondra, over the mountains. We are leaving as soon as the lady is being ready."

The urgency in Kiushapo's gaze spoke for itself. "Thank you for ... " she fumbled for the appropriate words to express her bewilderment at her own willingness to be dragged over a range of mountains books told her were perilous and fraught with hostile inhabitants, and placing her lives in the hands of a possibly neurotic (but charming and sweet, of course) elf along with a moody, flask-obsessed, soon-to-be sidekick, but all that came out from her veiled lips were " ... your kind assistance. I am ready to depart."

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 05:35:22 AM »

Kiushapo waved away Khiera's thanks, far more thankful that she was ready to go. With all the bad things that had happened in one day, he was sure the gods were testing him, and he wasn't about to make himself a stationary target for lightning.

Not that he imagined being a moving target was a much better fate, but he always felt better when he was walking. Extending an arm to Khiera, he bowed slightly, the gentleman inviting the lady out for a walk. Nodding a farewell to Bahran he led Khiera out of the hostel, the man would probably follow them, but only after a quick check of the woods for his flask... he hoped.

Ambling down the road to the west, he explained their route to Khiera.

"We'll be taking the "Crazy Woman Pass" to be crossing the mountains and after that we will be crossing the Nekoma Valley, or was it being the Olantani? The maps are never being too clear. After that we will be crossing the Mashdai River and into Chrondra we will be going!"

Chuckling, he considered telling her the legends of the Pass, but he figured that could wait until it was too late to turn back.

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 07:35:22 PM »

Kishara awoke somewhat later than the others, having been quite exhausted the day before.  She did not realise this though, since six bells was still rather early in the morning, and she had expected Kiushapo and Khiera wake up somewhat later, considering the fact that they went to bed quite late the previous night.  She was thus in no hurry to leave the room...that was, until she happened to look out of her window and spot the two of them leaving  while she was tucking her moonblade into her sash.  

WHAT?!  They are leaving already?!

She threw on her cloak, picked up the few belongings still lying around, and dashed out of the room.  Once outside the hostel, she mounted her horse and rode towards Crazy Woman Pass, the only known pass through the mountains, and the one they would undoubtedly be taking if they were intending to head for Ximax, as the elf had implied.  

She finally caught up with them somewhere along the road to the pass.  "Leaving so soon?" she called out to them.  Then, riding up to Kiushapo, she said, "I thought I had said that I intended to speak with you this morning."  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 12:18:22 AM »

As Kiushapo extended an arm to Khiera, she paused slightly and narrowed her brows, looking at the elf in a quizzical manner. What did ... an arm mean?? Perhaps another odd custom of his kind? But she had never come across a mention of such a custom in all the books that she had read. Which probably meant that she should read more, or that she had been reading all the wrong books.

Looking puzzledly at Kiushapo's extended arm, Khiera did not detect an expression of "Hit me!" on his face, so that musnt't be it. After a brief deliberation, Khiera decided to make a wild guess and hung her satchel on his extended arm, reasoning that chivalry should be a common enough concept, especially among cultured elves. And she supposed that it was common courtesy to offer to carry the loads of womenfolk ... and Khiera decided to advance upon that assumption.

So, with the satchel hung on a puzzled Kiushapo's arn and Khiera's hand on the satchel, Khiera followed Kiushapo where he led.

Listening to Kiushapo explain their intended route, Khiera felt like she was in good hands -- he semed to know what he was doing and where they were supposed to be going. At the mention of "Crazy Woman's Pass", a faint sliver of a memory long drawn from one of the many books of lore tried to break jostle its way to the forefront of Khiera's present line of thoughts, but the approaching sound of hoofbeats sent it spiralling straight down to the depths of the Pit of I'll-Think-About-It-Later.

"Leaving so soon?"

And there was the warrior woman from the day before. A somewhat annoyed look on her face.

"I thought I had said that I intended to speak with you this morning."

Khiera reflexively tightened her grip on her satchel on Kiushapo's arm. She hope there wasn't going to be any trouble.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 07:11:22 AM »

Bahran had no intention of looking through the woods for his flask. He knew it wasn't there. Instead he went ahead and jumped up as the two left. He got to the door, then remembered that he had left something in his room. He scurried back up the stairs and into his room. He looked under the pillow and grabbed his hidden dagger, that was with him incase someone attacked him at night.

After retrieving the dagger he ran back down stairs and hurried after them. Bah was glad that they had not been moving to fast. The big man soon onticed the other woman from the night before. He walked behind them, not saying anything because he had nothing to say.

- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 01:18:22 PM »

Patting Khiera's hand, he smiled sweetly at the horsed woman to mask the slight twinge of guilt he felt. He had been hoping to avoid her and her questions but it seemed his luck still ran with the bilge rats.

"I am apologizing, but I am having a long journey ahead of me and I am not having time to be answering your questions about a device you will never be seeing."

As he finished speaking, like deju vu the giant appeared in the corner of his vision. It seemed despite his wishes, he was going to have a few more companions. The man didn't speak, so he didn't acknowledge his presence. He knew it was childish, but perhaps if he ignored him, the giant would go away.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 12:14:22 PM »

Kiushapo's pat was reassuring, but the cold expression on the horse-mounted women was not. No harsh words had been exchanged yet, but if there was going to be a square off between Kiushapo and the woman, Khiera had decided that neither she nor any physical part of her would partake in the "off" part.

Gingerly stepping back a few steps, she bumped against a stationary Bahran. "Oh!"

Khiera spun around. "Oh, it's you ... good sir!" She smiled softly behind her veil, "Did you manage to find your flask?"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 12:40:22 AM »

"How do you know that I will never see it?" Kishara replied.  It seemed that the elf was quite unwilling to reveal any information about the device.  Still, a tracking device might be her best chance of finding her nemesis, and she wasn't about to give up so easily.  After a short pause, she continued, "If you are unwilling to tell me more about it, I suppose I will have to travel to Ximax and ask the mages myself."  

Just then, Khiera suddenly let out a small cry.  Turning around to see what was wrong, Kishara found herself looking at Bahran, who, fortunately, appeared to be more sober now.  Still, remembering the mess Bahran had caused the previous night, she couldn't help muttering, "Oh no...not you again."  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]