Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2B: Of Mountain Women and Dwarven Ale  (Read 14819 times)
Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2004, 12:03:22 PM »

Bahran jumped with a start as the woman bumped into him.

"My flask?" He asked, startled that she was asking this, because he had never went to look.
"Err... yeah... I wen' back and looked, but it wasn' there, that's just too bad..." Bahran trailed off. He thought he heard the horse mounted woman say something, but he wasn't sure.

"I wen' down this way earlier, I though' it might be down 'ere," The big man tried to look sincere, but he wasn't sure how convincing he was. In actuality, he imagined that he must look constipated.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2004, 01:38:22 PM »

Kiushapo nodded towards the woman, frowning inwardly. She had a horse, meaning she could reach Ximax way ahead of him if she wished. He couldn't let her get the device first. Sighing heavily, he nodded again, this time in resignation.

"If you are being determined to go all the way to Ximax, then I would be suggesting we go together. I have already been doing the research and I can be helping you find out which questions you are wanting to ask."

Turning his attention sharply to Bahran, he handed Khiera's pack back to her and approached the giant.

"As for you, I am not minding if you journey with us, as long as you are not harassing Khiera on the way. If I am having your word, and you are keeping it, I will be buying you another flask in Chrondra."

Not waiting for responces from either of them he set off down the path, his pace determined.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 11:16:22 AM »

Kishara was surprised by Kiushapo's sudden change of mind.  Just moments ago, he had seemed quite uncooperative, yet now, he appeared to be rather willing to help, and had even offered to travel together.  Though a little suspicious, she decided to accept his offer.  The elf's knowledge about the device should prove useful, and having a few companions on the journey couldn't be too bad...except perhaps if Bahran got himself drunk again.  

Riding after Kiushapo, she answered, "Alright, I will travel with you then."  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 11:36:22 AM »

Khiera had never seen anyone so upset over a flask. The big man looked ... constipated, even. At this point Khiera murmured a silent prayer to Nakashi for bestowing her with healing abilities, and not emphatic abilities.

Khiera reasoned that the flask was probably of some great sentimental value to the big man, and tried to rationalize his violent action the night before. She was grateful to Kiushapo for trying to ensure that the huge man would not attempt what he did last night towards her again, but she was now feeling sympathy for the flaskless man. She supposed some cheering up was in order. Not that she knew how. She decided that distraction was a much easier alternative.

"What is your name, good sir?" Khiera spoke softly, her usual soothing lilt straining to be as cheerful, comforting and ... distracting as possible.

Seeing Kiushapo had already turned and headed forward with the warrior woman trotting after him, Khiera started after them as well, wondering if the huge man would follow along.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 3/19/04 3:36
Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 01:19:22 PM »

Bahran ignored the elfy man, if he didn't understand that the flask was special, then he wasn't going to talk to him. Then he turned to the lady, who asked his name. His name! She had heard it at least 20 times by now! He made a humph noise, then turned around and crossed his arms, ignoring her. He had made a resolution ot to speak to them, ever. He would have to get his flask back, while being nice to them, but at the same time not speaking. He figured he could do it. The big man turned around and saw that the had already started. Bah jogged over to catch up, now invoking his big man stealthy skills.

- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 12:48:22 AM »

The group walks for a couple of hours through forest which eventually fades into scrubland. Kiushapo spends most the of the time walking near Kishara's horse, vaguely explaining what he knows about the navigation device. Over the course of their conversation they exchange names, but not much else about themselves. All along the Mithril Mountains have been growing in their view, towering into the sky. As they reach a clear spot near the base of the path into the pass, Kiushapo calls a halt, a short stop for lunch.

Fortunately, he had packed extra food, pulling out several sandwiches and handing them out.

"We'll be entering the pass after we are finishing with our rest, so use it well. Comfortable places to be sitting will be rare for a while. If you are having any more questions about the pass, now would be the time to be asking them."

Settling lightly on the ground, he took a big bite of his sandwich, studying the trees they had left behind them.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 09:01:22 AM »

Khiera had quite relished the walk. Fragments of memory were starting to creep back into her mind, but they seem to be taunting her by their presence, never quite revealing themselves in their entirety, teasingly darting around in her mind.

"We'll be entering the pass after we are finishing with our rest, so use it well. Comfortable places to be sitting will be rare for a while. If you are having any more questions about the pass, now would be the time to be asking them."

Khiera merely nodded in acknowledgement as she received a sandwich from Kiushapo. She wasn't really feeling hungry. As the Mithril Mountains loomed ahead, a spark of unease flared up at the back of her mind. She remembered reading something about the Crazy Woman Pass, but that part of her memory was still insistent on playing hide and seek with her. The problem was she didn't know where they were hiding, and had no idea where to seek.

Khiera looked behind her. There was the huge man, silent. In fact he had not spoken half a word along the way. He had been so silent that it was ... disturbing. He was tall enough, sprouting leaves and branches wouldn't seem out of place on the big man right now. She wondered if she had offended him by inquiring about his name. She thought it best not to ask unless she had something to say about a sudden discovery of a flask.

Glancing over to the woman on the horse, she wasn't exactly filled with warm, welcoming thoughts, so, that left Kiushapo, who had seated himself on the ground.

Khiera made her way over to Kiushapo, starting up what she hoped would be a conversation by thanking him for the sandwich, "Thank you for the food, Kiushapo." Her voice soft and caressing, a stark contrast with the bleak landscape that laid ahead, "How long would it take for us to cross over the mountains? Do you know of any ... dangers that lurk in the mountains?"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 3/22/04 1:04
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2004, 12:23:22 PM »

Kiushapo chuckled and waved away her thanks, it had been a simple bit of forethought. Her question about dangers though, that would take a little thinking "I am being sorry to say, but I am not knowing everything about this pass. I would be guess there is being the chance of wild animals on the way, but I am thinking we can handle those, I have been seeing bigger fish I am sure."

Khiera frowned slightly, the crease of her brows shadowed by the tilt of her hood, "But surely, it would not be wise travelling through territory that one knows nothing about? How long would it take us to cross over the mountains, do you think?"

Kiu shrugged, taking a small bite of his sandwich, staring at it as he realizes it actually tasted pretty good "Hmm, ham... I think I am needing to be getting the recipe...." Shaking his head, he returned his attention to Khiera "Oh, a fews days I am thinking, a week at most. And this is being the only way to be getting to Chronda unless we are wishing to take a boat, and with your recent experiences, I wasn't thinking you wanted to go that route."

Khiera shuddered slightly within. Kiushapo was right. Abstinence from any large bodies of water was an appealing thought to her right now. Still, the gnawing worry tugged incessantly at the back of her mind ... feeling annoyed that it would do nothing except tormenting her with glimpses of itself, Khiera decided to ignore it, for now. Turning slightly towards the silent, mum large man a little ways behind her, she spoke to Kiushapo in a hushed tone, "He has not uttered a word in the past hour or so ... should we ... inquire about his wellbeing?"

Kiu chuckled and took another, bigger bite of his sandwich. As far as he was concerned, the man had spoken enough already. "I would not be worrying, he is old enough to be taking care of himself. If how we were finding him is being any indication, I would be guessing he chooses not to."

Khiera nodded. She was not going to place herself in the position of being at the end of the large man's fist again. Glancing curiously at the woman still on the horse, curiosity got the better of her, "If i may brazenly inquire, who may that lady be?"

Kiu nodded slightly "She is calling herself Kishara. I was not being able to get much more out of her, but she is being damnably interested in my navigation device, and rude as a princess being stuck in the cargo hold, riding while we are being forced to walk..." Mumbling, he drowned out the rest of his complaint in another bite of his sandwich. "Not that I am minding, walking is how am I liking to go, but it is being the principle of the thing"

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 4/15/04 16:58

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2004, 09:36:22 AM »

Glancing around, it seemed everyone had had time to eat, so Kiushapo quickly finished the rest of his sandwich and stood once again. Motioning for the others to stay for a moment, he sprinted ahead a short distance into the Pass, scouting it out.

It was relatively clear, and looked like easy going, but if the tales were true, they might be running into the pass' namesake, in which case, he didn't want to be trapped in narrow pass with a terrified horse, horseshoes didn't look good through your stomach.

Returning to the group, he approached Kishara. "I am thinking you should be leaving your horse, the pass is being a bit narrow in some places and we can't be going any other way if we are getting stuck because of it."

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2004, 04:23:22 AM »

Kishara gladly accepted the sandwich Kiushapo had given her.  In her haste to catch up with the group, she had forgotten all about breakfast, and was starting to feel a little hungry.  She thanked the elf, then moved to the edge of the clearing to have her meal.  

She watched the group as she ate.  The elf and the woman were speaking to each other, while the large man remained alone, and strangely quiet, making Kishara wonder if he was alright.  She almost rode over to speak with him, but decided against it.  He did not smell particularly nice, and besides, she did not really have anything to say to him, so it would have been rather pointless.  

As she was finishing her sandwich, Kishara noticed Kiushapo making some gestures that seemed to indicate that he wanted them to stay, then sprinting off to the Pass.  She watched curiously, wondering what he was up to.  It did not seem like he was planning to abandon them.  True enough, the elf reappeared a short while later, and made his way over to her.  Figuring that he wanted to speak to her, Kishara dismounted and waited for him to reach her.  She decided it was probably easier to talk if she did not have to look down all the time, and Kiushapo probably didn't like having to look up all the time while speaking either.  Besides, after spending so much time on the horse, she was starting to feel uncomfortable anyway.  

The elf suggested that she leave the horse behind, in case it caused them to get stuck at the narrower portions of the pass.  She almost dismissed the idea.  After all, did she not just ride through the very same pass yesterday?  However, she quickly realised that some of the narrower portions, though relatively easy to nagivate on her own, might cause problems if she was travelling in a group.  "You have a point," she said at last, "I did see a few such places when I rode through it yesterday."  

After a short pause, she asked, "So, are we leaving already?"  

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 12:23:22 PM »

Bahran sat down and made grumbling noises.

"What's your name?" Bah mimicked the womans voice in his head. "How can she not know my name?" He wondered, still brooding. "And then there's that cocky elif... I'll give him a what for..." the big man growled... in his... head.

Bahran slowly stood up. He looked around at his feet, searching for any kind of a stick. When he didn't find one, which is sad when you think about it, he was uncertain of what to do. He slowly walked over behind the elif, using his big man stealth skills. He was almost certain he hadn't been heard.

Just then, the big man looked down and saw that there was a large stick on the ground, that looked just like a club oddly enough. As he bent down to get it, his forehead came down with tremendous force on the elif's head. A force great enough to knock down a usual sized human. Bahran looked up and around, mouthed "oops..." then ran jogged back a good 10 peds. He wasn't sure if any of the women had seen him, however.

- Lord Byron
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2004, 11:23:22 AM »

For a huge mound of a man the hefty man had quite impressive ... what could only be described as "stealth". Khiera had been pacing around, mired in her troubled thoughts, as Kiushapo went forth to scout ahead. Khiera had a foggy recollection of an image of Kiushapo conversing with the woman on the horse who had dismounted. The next thing she knew, from the corner of her eye, the big man had clobbered Kiushapo to the ground.

Horrified, Khiera watched in stunned disbelief as the big man surreptitiously jogged away, as if clobbering people out of the blue was something akin to daily routines such as breakfast.

"Kiushapo!" As Kiushapo crumpled to the ground, Khiera made her way in large strides towards him, a peculiar warm tinge hovering on the tips of her fingers as she clenched her fists nervously, not knowing whether the big man had decided to turn hostile and would return to pound them all into the ground.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 4/1/04 3:24
Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2004, 08:04:22 PM »

Kishara noticed the big man coming over to them, but paid no attention to him.  After all, he wouldn't be stupid enough to cause more trouble, especially when there was an armed Kar'ii warrior around who could potentially put a very abrupt end to his troublemaking...or would he?  

Apparently he would.  Kishara suddenly found herself looking at the large man, who had been standing behind Kiushapo, and thus mostly out of her view, just a moment before.  Turning her eyes downwards, she saw Kiushapo lying on the ground, apparently having somehow been knocked down by the large man, who was now running away.  Logic does not apply to large, drunk men, it seems.

In an instant, Kishara had drawn her moonblade, and her other hand was reaching for one of the throwing daggers she kept in her sash.  "What are you trying to do?" she demanded, glaring at the man.  

Edited by: Kishara at: 4/5/04 11:11

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2004, 01:27:22 PM »

Bahran looked behind him, then to his sides. He looked back at the woman, and pointed to himself with a puzzled look. The big man slowly mouthed the word "me?" as he did this. As he was turning, he had noticed that the womans horse had carelessly wondered his way. Bah didn't know what to think of this. On one hand, he could get gutted. On the other, he could apologize, and on the other hand he could get on the horse and gallop gallantly into the sunset. Except without the gallant part or the sunset.

The big man opted for the last option. He ran as fast as he could and jumped up on the horse. He had no idea how he did this. Instead of wasting his precious time ponderingthe mysteries of life, he decided to run. Bah dug his heels into the horse and went straight into the pass.

- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2004, 03:52:22 AM »

Sweet light and beautiful scenery and then.... darkness. His body falling in a loose crumple, Kiushapo hardly felt himself hit the ground, hovering just on the edge of consciousness.

Intricate patterns of light floated across his eyes, bright against the darkness of his eyelids and as he struggled to open them, he swore he saw floating frogs throwing giant men to hold him down. Try as he might, all he could produce was a gargled groan as he lay there, oblivious to the events around him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]