Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2B: Of Mountain Women and Dwarven Ale  (Read 14822 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2004, 04:24:22 AM »

((OOC: Frogs! :lol ))

Khiera had made haste, but she was not fast enough, as Kiushapo's limp form crumpled to the ground with a resounding thud.

As Khiera reached the blonde elf's side, she knelt down, and carefully lifted his head as Kiushapo groaned dreamily. She could have sworn that his gargled groan sounded mightily reminiscent of the croaking of a bull frog, but this was no time for idle odd thoughts.

From the corner of her eye, Khiera spotted the escape of the large man, on the other woman's horse! So he turned out to be a marauding highwayman, and the silence and drunkennness was probably a ploy to get their guards down! Khiera could only manage a weak, resigned cry to Kishara, "Don't let him get away!" But with the distance that the large man was putting between him and them on the horse, it seemed unlikely that he was going to be turned back anytime soon.

Gently tilting Kiushapo's head towards hers, Khiera placed a gloved hand at his temple, sending forth a calm wave of soothing heat, hoping to revive the dazed elf, as her soft, caressing voice probed hopefully for a response. "Kiushapo? Are you alright? Can you hear me?"  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2004, 08:30:22 PM »

"Don't let him get away!"

Kishara threw her dagger at the fleeing man, though she knew well that her chances of hitting the man was virtually non-existant.  She never mastered any weapon besides the moonblade and armoured fan, and the man was simply too far away and moving too quickly.  As she expected, the dagger missed completely, sailing harmlessly past the man.  

She sheathed her moonblade and turned back to Kiushapo.  Khiera had rush to the elf's side while she was occupied with the large man, and was now apparently trying to revive him. Kishara noted however, that she was doing it in a rather unusual way, if that was indeed what she was trying to do---she had never seen people being revived by having hands placed at their temples. Perhaps she knows magic.  she concluded, That might come in useful.  

"How is he?  Will he be alright?"

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2004, 02:54:22 AM »

Following Khiera's voice, Kiushapo groggily opened his eyes, the warmth flowing through his head easing the pounding in the back of his head... somewhat. Groaning loudly, he smiled as best he could for Khiera, her hands at his temples suggesting she had tried to do something for him at least.

"They were warning me of falling rocks, but that was being inside the pass!"

Slowly sitting up, Kiushapo gingerly felt at the back of his head, making sure everything was still inside before glancing around to find the rock that had hit him, but there were several around, any one of which might be the offender.

"I am being fine, thank you... and I was always being blamed that I was having a hard head. I am wishing my mother could be seeing me now..."

Standing shakily, he looked around the camp "Where is Bahran?"

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2004, 10:09:22 AM »

((OOC: LOL Kiu!!! :lol ))

"How is he? Will he be alright?"

Kiushapo stirred, answering Kishara's question with his subsequent groaning mumbles. A faint smile of amusement crossed Khiera's lips at Kiushapo's comments ... it was a good sign that Kiushapo's wits were still firmly set inside his head. She was sure that Kiushapo would have trouble sleeping on his back for the next few nights at least.

Khiera gradually got to her feet as well, helping a weak-kneed Kiushapo up. "Where is Bahran?"

Khiera frowned, trying to speak softly yet audibly at the same time, not wanting to add to the throbbing that she was sure was merrily trampling away inside his head. "He dashed off into the Pass with her horse," She nudged her head slightly towards Kishara, "I'm afraid we'll never catch up with him now, with him on a mount." She grimly added, not sure whether Kiushapo had realized it, "He hit you on the head ... it was ... such a sudden act of violence ... i have no idea why he would do such a thing ..." Her gray eyes trailed towards the Pass, a spiralling anger gathering inside of her. She abhorred violence. Especially senseless violence. Her mood darkened slightly, and she looked concernedly at Kiushapo to see if he needed healing. You never know with concussion victims -- upright one moment, sprawled and spread the next.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2004, 09:07:22 AM »

Bahran made it into the pass. He looked around, he had no idea what he was doing. Or how he would get his flask back from the evil-crafty-crazy-woman.

Umm... I could say that... well... uhh... I had a frog in my throat... No, that makes no sense. Maybe I could say it wasn't me! It was my evil twin! Yeah... that's what I'll do... or... not... Bahran's thoughts raced through his head.

He needed to get back with the group so that he could charm his flask out of the evil woman's clutches. Bah hopped off the horse and looked around. He was a bit out of breath from jumping on the horse and escaping, so he sat down. More of a slosh down, but not quite. Maybe a bit of a slalk down. Bah really wasn't sure, but it definately wasn't a sit.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2004, 08:38:22 AM »

After having left the town, the blonde elf had found a suitable tree near the road to Crazy Woman Pass and spent the remainder of the night there, resting in between watching for Kiushapo and his friends to head his way.

Spying the traitor heading into town before the sun had risen, the elf slid down the tree and set out towards the pass, confident that his target wouldn't be far behind...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Several hours later, the elf was beginning to contemplate going back to town and killing the damned Kiushapo. He was a nomad for Ava's sake, not even having companions could slow him down this much. But then again, Kiushapo had always been one to explore and enjoy the day.... and he had two attractive woman with him...

Growling, the elf began to pace back and forth on the small ledge he had found above the pass, working out his frustration. And then the sound of a horses hooves began to echo down the pass, moving swiftly by the sound of it.

Crouching near the edge, the elf watched as the rider dismounted from the horse near him, immediately recognizing the man as the one who had tripped him in the hostel, and he was alone!

"Finally, I am having a stroke of luck! Let's be seeing if your feet are being so quick now, big one."

Inching along the ledge he worked himself nearer to the man and then launched himself off the ledge, plowing into his opponent.

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 4/15/04 0:38

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2004, 12:54:22 AM »

Bahran was hit hard from behind and fell flat on his face. As soon as he realized what happened, he rolled over onto his back his hand moving to his sword.

Noticing the movement, the elf moved his hand to try and stop the giant from reaching the weapon, using the other to try and take a swing at the man's head.

Bahran moved his head quickly to the side as he saw the swing coming, the punch caught a little bit of his cheek, however. Bah forgot all about his sword and made a sweep with his leg to try to trip the man.

The elf went down under the man's attack, falling to ground next to him, immediately rolling towards his opponent and flinging some sand towards his face.

Caught off-guard by the sudden sand throwing, Bahran was unable to block it and most of it got in his eyes. His hands went immediately to his eyes as he rubbed them feverishly. He stopped for a second and opened his eyes. Through the blurred vision, Bah scrambled to his feet.

The elf followed the man to his feet, taking a wild swing at the man's gut to take advantage of his blurred vision.

Bahran took the gut shot hard and stumbled back a step. He could see a faint shape that looked like it could be the man and leapt toward the figure, attempting to grab it in a bear-hug.

The elf danced back from the man and managed to avoid to be caught in the hug, but the man's swinging hand clipped him on the shoulder with strength enough to knock him to one knee, his arm stunned for a moment.

Bahran felt his hand connect with something soft and fleshy but couldn't stop in time and went too far. As soon as he regained balance, he turned in the direction that he felt the man at and swung his arm, his hand in a fist, at what would be a standing man's gut.

The elf groaned and tried to stand, the man's fist clipping the crown of his head and sending him back down again, which he managed to turn into a roll by pure luck. Coming up again he eyed the man's horse, seperated from him by the man himself, making a dash for it.

Bahran hears the man running in the direction opposite him, and decides to follow. He starts running in the direction of the sound, but tripps on a rock, making a face plant on the ground, giving the man a perfect chance to escape.

As he hopped on the horse, the elf called back to the man, trying to make it sound like a strategic retreat "You were winning this day, be enjoying it, you won't be winning the next!" Kicking the horse into motion he thundered down the pass, quickly disappearing.

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 4/15/04 16:57

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2004, 08:35:22 AM »

"He hit you on the head ... it was ... such a sudden act of violence ... I have no idea why he would do such a thing ..."

Kishara nodded.  "That was certainly unexpected, especially considering his behavior so far," She paused, wondering what they should do now.  Without a horse, we're never going to catch up with him.  But catching up with him is not that important compared to getting to Ximax.  It will not do if we get sidetracked trying to track him down.  And we were planning to travel without a horse anyway.

"I think all we can do now is to continue the journey without him.  It does not look like we will be able to catch up with him anyway."  

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2004, 10:55:22 PM »

He was attacking me? He had never suspected it of the giant, even despite the apparent dislike they had for each other, and he had stolen the horse... well, at least Kishara had to walk like the rest of them now. Chuckling inwardly, Kiushapo nodded to himself, his legs already steadying beneath him. He hadn't been that anxious to travel with Bahran anyway. But if he ever saw him again....

"Yes, nothing has been changing, we can still be making good time through the pass... as long as we are watching out for the real falling rocks."

Gathering up his small pack, he almost toppled himself again bending over to get it. Smiling sheepishly he turned back to the ladies, and then towards the pass, setting a swift, and slightly erratic course forward...

Kishara
Deadly Warrior
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2004, 10:34:22 AM »

Kishara followed Kiushapo towards the pass.  The elf appeared a little disoriented, but seemed otherwise fine.  Hopefully that knock to his head won't have any lasting effects on him.

As they were entering the pass, her keen warrior's eyes spotted someone lying on the ground some distance ahead.  A closer look revealed that it was the very man who had knocked Kiushapo out.  "Do you see that?" she asked her companions, "It looks like we have managed to catch up with the large man.  He seems to have lost the horse though."  

Edited by: Kishara at: 4/17/04 2:43

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2005, 07:32:22 AM »

Khiera blinked and blinked repeatedly, trying to blink away the searing sting of sulfur and ash that still clouded her sight, seeing (well, not really) that there was no reply to her plaintive cries.

At least she was up on her feet again. But still all her eyes showed her was a blur of sooty grey. Suddenly, a voice sounded out from behind her.

"Excuse me, madam, but what in Ava's name was that?"

Khiera spun around on wobbly feet, almost losing her footing. Thankfully though, her vision had started to clear up, and after the umpteenth blink of discomfort, a lean male visage came into view, with piercing green eyes and a painful looking scar on the face.

Khiera stammered in uncertainty, a slight apprehension in her voice at Tzilon's sudden appearance, "I ... don't know. You ... I ..." Her brow furrowed in concern as she spoke up again, "Have you seen ... a pale hair woman, a ... blonde male elf, and a large --" She paused momentarily to rethink her choice of words, "-- huge, bearded man reeking --" She paused again as a pang of guilt bubbled up in her "-- smelling of liquor and spirits?"

Edited by: Khiera at: 5/31/05 23:33
Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2005, 01:22:22 PM »

The big man opened his eyes. He vaguely remembered a brilliant flash of light followed by him waking up with several people staring at him through a small opening above him. They were whispering, and it seemed that they all had something on their noses. He couldn’t make out what they were saying, but he knew he was quite tired. He went back to sleep.

When Bah woke up he was in a clearing. It was quite bright seeing as how there were no trees to shade him. He reached up to his face and rubbed his eyes. There was a note pinned to his chest with some sort of pin. Still lying down, Bah reached down and grabbed the note. He studied it carefully for several minutes. Now, the big man didn’t know much Tharian, but he knew enough to read the note.

It read:
You smell.

The note was written with some kind of red waxy substance in addition to being written by someone with very poor penmanship. Bah slowly got up, he was quite sore from being in that bag for several minutes, and proceeded to brush the dust off of himself, as he was laying in the dirt. He had no idea what was going on or where he was. He started walking to where he saw more rocks, because he figured that would be where he had been, with the crazy flask stealing prostitute and the funny talking elf and the brooding woman.

As he came closer he saw what looked like where he had been right before the explosion. He jogged forward a little and two shapes came into sight.

“Hey!” He called out to the shapes.
“Hey!” Soon he was within sight. It was some strange man and the evil tricky flask stealing lady. Several peds away from her he saw another one of the notes, laying on the ground.
“Gla’ I foun’ ya,” Bah huffed, smiling at the woman.
“Who’s he?”

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Unknown
New Santharian

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2005, 09:18:22 PM »

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Tzilon Ikara
Dragonslayer
Approved Character

Human, Epheronian

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2005, 12:20:22 PM »

Tzilon was prepared to answer the lady's question in the negative, and that he hadn't seen any of her compatriots.  But at that moment, it wouldn't have been completely true.  For behind him, he heard a very large voice call out "Hey!"

They found me! was his first thought.  He turned around slowly, and there saw an enormous DARK-HAIRED man stalking toward them.  His heart raced as he tried to figure a way out of this one.  He had his sword and his bow, but preferred not to add murder to his list of crimes against Marduran.  But then what the lady had said came back to him.  This might be one of her friends she was looking for... but how do I know for sure?  When he got closer, however, there was no doubt.  The big man reeked profusely of alcohol, as if it was his custom to bathe in beer.

"Good gods, man, you smell like... I mean... I, uh..."  He realized that informing a man nearly twice your size that his hygienic habits were less than pleasing might be a bad idea.  So he tried a different, safer approach.

"Uh, my name is Tzilon Majen, and I...um.. what's yours?"

I grafted my soul

To the promises of fallen angels

Edited by: Tzilon Ikara at: 6/2/05 14:53

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2005, 10:53:22 AM »

The distant sound of familiar plodding footsteps caused Khiera to turn her head away from a slightly perplexed Tzilon towards the sound of the footsteps.

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"HEY!"

The distinct and inimitable smell preceeded the hulking figure, but it was enough to paint a faint smile of relief on Khiera's lips.

“Gla’ I foun’ ya,” Khiera swayed a little to the side in an attempt to subtly avoid Bahran's liquorish huff, but smiled in return, "I am relieved to see you are unscathed Bahran, what happened --"

But it seemed that the remnants of Bahran's huffing lorded over Khiera's voice in volume. “Who’s he?”

"He's ... we ..."

"Uh, my name is Tzilon Majen, and I...um.. what's yours?"  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]