Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Landor maiar  (Read 12408 times)
landor maiar
New Santharian

« on: March 08, 2002, 08:31:22 PM »

Name: Landor Maiar
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Height: If standing straight 190 cm
But he often has a bent back that hurts with pain.

Appearance: The age has marked Landor but even so the life in his eyes belongs to an young man trapped and formed in an old body.
The cloths he wear is not clean or even whole...He seems when looked upon like an beggar and that suites him fine...

Personality:The long life alone in the woods mending his own and rarely meting others then hunters and hungry orc has made him a loner that only works with others if they have proven themselves to be of use to him or one of his rare frends.He does not like killing and therefor when encountered often seeks for an opening to move the present threat away.
But if maked angry he strikes with what he got and that is not only magic.

Strengths: He knows much of the nature and hunting that make him a quite god archer but if needed to fight he use the magic...He is not like most wizards studying magic in safety but learns as he walks and meat others with minds like him.
The long life has given him a wide knowledge of plants and their use

Weaknesses: He has not the strength of an real wizard or the numbers of spells they haw.
His dislike of company make him an hard person to work with and he often play pranks to test the skill of the ones he for the moment is traveling with.
He does not care what people think and does not like to be wrong.
He is always looking for the fastest way to do things and that often make him do more in the end
Even with the wisdom the poses he has always been frighten to sail in the sea.

History: He ran away when he was 16 yeas and has sense then lived in the forest studying all he the plants and animals he come across

I think this is how it is done correct me if i am wrong for i am new to this  

landor maiar
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2002, 08:53:22 PM »

Name: Landor Maiar
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Occupation: A wandering wizard (a title like "The wandering wizard / Mage" Or something like that)
Height: If standing straight  1.9 ped
But he often has a bent back that hurts with pain.

Appearance: The age has marked Landor but even so the life in his eyes belongs to an young man trapped and formed in an old body.
The cloths he wear is not clean or even whole...He seems when looked upon like an beggar and that suites him fine...

Personality:The long life alone in the woods mending his own and rarely meting others then hunters and hungry orc has made him a loner that only works with others if they have proven themselves to be of use to him or one of his rare frends.He does not like killing and therefor when encountered often seeks for an opening to move the present threat away.
But if make angry he strikes with what he got and that is not only magic.
He does not entertain others he despite most of the "intellectual" races. Money has no meaning to him but as a use of minor trade.

Strengths: He knows much of the nature and hunting that make him a quite god archer but if needed to fight he use the magic...He is not like most wizards studying magic in safety but learns as he walks and meat others with minds like him.
The long life has given him a wide knowledge of plants and their use

Weaknesses: He has not the strength of an real wizard or the numbers of spells they haw.
His dislike of company make him an hard person to work with and he often play pranks to test the skill of the ones he for the moment is traveling with.
He does not care what people think and does not like to be wrong.
He is always looking for the fastest way to do things and that often make him do more in the end
Even with the wisdom the poses he has always been frighten to sail in the sea.

History:
As an unwanted child of a whore Landor made his way on the streets of Nepris.
He got older and started to go deeper into the woods hunting for food...when 16 he left the town for the woods.
An wizard encountered him when he was in his twenties and offered Landor to be an apprentice.
At first Landor felt at unease with an other man at his side but the wizard was a nice and kind man.
The wizards name was Herp Maiar and after Herp´s death ten years after their first meting, Landor took the name Maiar as his own.
Landor was at first very devoted in studying magic after Herp´s death but as the years went on he slowed the studying and began exploring the wonders of nature.  

Possessions:
A bag as worn as his clothes consisting a few herbs a dagger and a small book for notes of new plants and uses.
A staff that has been with him some years and meany carvings is on it but none of them at al magical.

Religion:
As young landor belive in Arvins but as he grew older he saw no need in thinking about gods the do not affect the world as some thinks...He lives his life and if a god is to take his life then he has not anything to say about it...but even so the marvels of the nature fills him with the feeling of greatness.
As a student of Herp he learned more about god´s and it was then he abandon the though to serve one if the path he walks cross one he will follow that any way if he some day walks with the god´s some part of the road he does that for his own sake.

Magic:
The fact that he has not ben studying magic in a seat of knowledge makes him not so strong.
The spells he has is only functual ones.
His field of magic is Construction Magic.
He create small things to do his biding care of plants and animals when he is away.
He often does the caring him self for he like the feal of earth between his hands.

Present:
Hunters come to him when poisoned by animals he helps the few that comes to him on his journeys but despite them for their laziness.
His way of living is almost like a druid but he is weaker in magic and travels a lot more.
He is gathering his knowledge about plants, animals and magic in a book for he feels the death coming near and he has found no one worthy of being his apprentice.

alignment:
He is nether good nor evil but takes the way that suites him best for the moment.

Ideas of improvement is always wanted.

Edited by: landor maiar  at: 3/19/02 9:48:15 am
landor maiar
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2002, 09:14:22 PM »

As young landor belive in Arvins but as he grew older he saw no need in thinking about gods the do not affect the world as some thinks...He lives his life and if a god is to take his life then he has not anything to say about it...but even so the marvels of the nature fills him with the feeling of greatness.  

Taranos
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2002, 10:01:22 PM »

I would say, you need more history, pal.

Wise is the one, who doesen't trys to understand all...

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2002, 11:16:22 PM »

<cracks knuckles> <grins>

ok - your height needs to be in "peds"

3 feet = approx 1 ped = 1 meter + a little bit <looks at Bahran> :\  right? - Maths *isnt* my strong point, but I'm trying!

Combine all your additions to your character in to the top post. There is an "edit" link at the top left hand side of your *post* not the *screen* but your post... Copy and paste your extra's in to there, and make any alterations in there. It makes it easier to read rather than having to read through the entire description, and then have an "oh yeah and this" post.

You say that he's a traveling wizard, but doesn't know much magic. The magic that he does know, is it "party tricks" which, by entertaining for money he survives? It's a little unclear.

As is your history, if you could elaberate (expand - go in to more detail) with the history since you've got 73 years to fill there should be a little more there. Did he ever fall in love, any children, when he left his teachings, how he came to where he is now, what's hurt his back - or is that just old age.

These *little* things will improve your character adding that special "touch" to it! ;)  Glad to see that your not a young beautiful character with no personality! :lol  

Uragel!
*Character Description * World of Klintorth*
~~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.~~
Dont let it end like this...... Tell them  I said something!!!
~~Little Miss Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"~~
The best way to make a long sig look smaller - shrink the text!

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2002, 12:16:22 AM »

I'm here for the magic.

1.)You mention he's pretty good at healing and Peace magic. There is no healing magic.

2.)Too much magic. You say he's weak in all fields. Even if you have like 2 weak spells in each field that's over 30 spells. Please, just pick 3 or 4 fields. If you want to be good at just one, take one and work towards mastery.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

landor maiar
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2002, 09:06:22 PM »

(This message was left blank)

Life is not givenLife is not takenLife is foundLife is lost

Edited by: landor maiar  at: 3/22/02 11:40:05 am
Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2002, 12:52:22 AM »

Name, specifically, the field of magic that he does.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2002, 10:09:22 AM »

Oh! Your Pic, Landor. If you send it to Uragel's email, the Santharian site can hold it for you, so you can see it.

I've read your work here. It looks good now. If you could run the Long one through the Spell Check, I'll be happy. Also, most humans do not believe in anyone else but Ava, that's what I've always thought. Was there a way he was intoduced to the other gods?

Other than these, good deal. I'll see what I can do about a title.

... if you spend your Life contemplating Life, then ultimately You waste your Life...

~contact~character~

Edited by: Viresse at: 3/12/02 1:15:39 am
Xarl
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2002, 01:53:22 PM »

Viresse, you got it completely backwards. Most humans have no idea Ava exists, a vague idea of Coor as chaos that spawned the world, and worship the other twelve.  

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2002, 03:04:22 PM »

* blinks, and then smacks her head really hard-like against the Monitor as she grumbles profanities at herself*

right. Looks like this little Jhellerhim fool needs to Study some MORE.

*shuffles off, mumbling to herself*

... if you spend your Life contemplating Life, then ultimately You waste your Life...

~contact~character~

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2002, 09:41:22 PM »

Send me your pic and I'll host it on the Santharian web site - that way we'll all be able to see it and not just those with Angelfire.

Quote:
History:
As an unwanted child of a whore Landor made his way on the streets of Thalambath.
He got older and started to go deeper into the woods hunting for food...when 16 he left the town for the woods.

This area is desert... There arn't any "woods" only "sand" :\  

Tarq mentioned that you need to "narrow" down your field of magic. So I'd suggest going in to more detail....  I think that you are confusing Cleric with Wizardly magic.... Do you want him to be a "healer" or a "wizard" with herb lore?

~ Uragel! ~  
 ~ Character Description | World   of Klintorth ~

~ Little Miss   Moderating Mistress &   All Round "Little Helper"~~  
 Dont let it end like this......   Tell them I said something!!!

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

Uh
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2002, 12:37:22 AM »

It's doubtful if one could learn Necromancy or Demonology to any use. Demonology takes difficult summoning rites and such, to bring the demons out. It isn't just saying a word and making a demon appear. And with Necromancy it takes... well, dead bodies, ingredients, and such as that.

landor maiar
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2002, 08:28:22 PM »

Town and magic is changed

Life is not givenLife is not takenLife is foundLife is lost

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2002, 12:16:22 AM »

That looks fine. Magic-wise, anyway.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: