Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A very old dragon stops by to say hello  (Read 7970 times)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »

Capher my old friend.  It is so very good to see you.  I hope that your health is good, and that you have your family close at this time of year. :D

Yes, the RP has slowed, as has the Dev side.  The patience to apply the written word is an art that I'm afraid is losing its appeal in a video age, I'm afraid.  I'll be here until Arti shuts off the lights, but many of the older crowd are rarely seen, I'm sorry to say.  We have some wonderful new people as you have met.  So, we keep a few things running at a very casual pace.  Should your desire be there, and your health cooperative, it would be great to see an odd post from you from time to time.  Your presence made every story your were in that much better, and your love of writing and RP was infectious for everyone.

It really really is good to see you again.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 04:02:05 AM »

Altario- my health has been improved much by much prayer and  allowing God to use doctors to do,what He gave them the gift of healing to. I am sorry to hear that this part,of the site has slowed. You are correct the written word is becoming more and more scarce, not words themselves but the writers themselves in an age where everything  is expected to be almost instantaneous   Thank God for those rare ones still around. Especially the young writers like those I found and still find on here. I pray you are well my friend and that family is also gathered close. If you wish to have  my email address say so and I will send it,to you.

Perhaps if I return we can get some excited again and see where we go" though I have not Rp'd in quite awhile. Perhaps I  will take up Roy,s invitation. Roy I will consider your request. I will contact you and others and see if we can come up with something. Just wondering if Twri, Sehnara, Twigga and you Altario might be inclined to either revive the old stories or create a new one. I may try and get Talia to join as well. If she and you all are so inclined. I realize that time, family , work and relationships have precedent  as well as the will to be involved. If yang who reads this would like to do so please message me and I will see how many would like to. If you think I should post this in the general forum then say so and I will.

Take care my friends. Hope,to hear from you soon.
Roy Tmofl
The Mage of Flaming Light
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »

Thats sounds good to me Capher :) I'll always be ghosting along these boards if I'm still alive. Feel free to contact me anytime, for a story big or small.

Stupidity is also a gift from God, but one musn't misuse it.

Pope John Paul II

Magic and personal information.
History and equipment.
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »

Rp with you again would be an honour and a privilege my friend.  New or finish what we started would be fine with me.

Yes, of course send me your email.  :D  I'm glad faith and modern medicine have helped you.  I'm sure that He heard a lot of Santh Prayers on your behalf, my friend, mine among them.

And you have probably forgotten more about RP than most of us will ever know.  And besides, RP is like sex, you never forget, you just need to pump up the tires more often.... Or is that like riding a bike?  I keep getting that mixed up.  Roll Eyes

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »

Rolling LOL  my pleasure as well.
Laell
Blade-Maiden
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian / Eyelian / Erpheronain

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »

I did send you a private message here on the site. To recap, saving you the trouble, I invited you to come take a peek at the story I posted to the Ideas forum before life ran away with me and everybody disappeared. Laell will be the author of the thread.

On one hand, they claim that it is the result, not the effort given, that will imprint one forever in history; but on the other, is it not the form of the art, rather than the function, that defines its true beauty?
Krausus
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 06:30:24 AM »

Hello. I'm like, new. Joined in April. Anyways.

Nice to meet you.

Time passes. Watermelons fly. And I end up with a concussion. And a suicide note. Krausus' CD
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »

Same here Krausus. Nice to meet you.
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »

Have read many of your posts, Capher, and have been a longtime admirer. :)

Drea's CD

Honour is within you, and cannot be taken away by others.  Neither highborn Knights with hollow souls, or gossiping harpies can break your spirit unless you let them.- Drea
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »

Thank you Drea for your kind words. I am pleased to meet you. Perhaps in the coming year we can see each other on the boards.

Capher
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 01:37:33 PM »

I happened to be passing by, and what did I see? Why, my old friend Capher. You've been in my prayers and every time I think back on my time here at Santharia, I can't help but remember fondly of Claudirea's time in Voldar. Probably one of my favorite stories to date.

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Hope to hear from you again soon. :)

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »

Well, it looks like I checked back a couple months too late...

It's really nice to see you're doing well Capher, it's been... awhile.

And it's great to see a few other names I remember; Kali, Altario. I'm glad there are still some people holding down the fort.

I checked the IRC, but it seems barren, unfortunately. I'll be hanging out there as much as I can, hopefully I'll see some life. It'd be great to talk to some of the new faces around here. Maybe we can get the IRC back to its former glory? It feels like it's been a lifetime since I was last here. Maybe I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. It's been really heartening to see some familiar faces still kicking around, though.

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »

Welcome back, Bah! Or, at least, thanks for popping in. I'm glad to see old faces around here, even if it's just for a bit. *hugs*

IRC is a bit difficult for me to stay on, at least during the day. Perhaps I'll try and pop on for a bit in the evenings after the little one goes down.

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 02:24:56 PM »

:D  Good to see you around, Bah.  I think I was knee high to a grasshopper when you were frequenting the boards.  I don't do the IRC anymore.  It was an addiction for awhile.  I'm 5 years IRC sober now. Roll Eyes

Hope that you come around more often.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 09:33:45 PM »

*Shuffles in and waves at Capher and everyone else*

Ah well, since we're doing the "old faces take a peek back into the boards", I'll join the queue! Life is good, if busy, as my 6-month-old is slurping up most of my time, but I might try to drop in every now and then :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:06:58 PM by Irid alMenie » Logged

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]