Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SW IV- GW&H- Dusty Dwarf Inn (Milkengrad)  (Read 1625 times)
Roy Tmofl
The Mage of Flaming Light
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 01:12:47 AM »

Roy nodded his thanks to Murthas as he deposited his food down on his table, and nodded again as he told him that he would get his room when he was done. Roy appreciated the helping of butter and made note of the excellent service of this establishment even under such harsh circumstances. The butter would greatly help him to swallow larger portions of the food and get more down in to him, which he would need, having eaten even less than normal for himself, which was truly saying something considering his average gaunt condition. He took the bread and breaking a bit off his slipped some of the butter on to his hunk, and ate it carefully. As he swallowed he felt and intense itch in his throat and knew quickly drank a bit of water to stop a coughing fit from striking him. All this dust in the air after the attack had severely clogged his windpipe and if he breathed wrong or swallowed something wrong he would start coughing again, it didn't hurt him to much but it was certainly annoying, and being thought of as sick in a time like this might well mean he would be completely shunned by the people of this town, which would inevitably result in his death in some way or another, at least Roy thought so.

Stupidity is also a gift from God, but one musn't misuse it.

Pope John Paul II

Magic and personal information.
History and equipment.
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 08:34:17 PM »

Simonne examined the woman in front of her for a moment when she warned her not to stay. She looked like someone who had suffered the blows of fortune and had come out stronger. A woman after her own heart. She smiled wistfully. "As long as this town is occupied I am in danger, as is everyone else. At least here I can make myself useful. But I thank you for your warning, and I will be very careful." She spoke slowly and clearly to make sure that her words came through, but she refused to dumb down her own language - the woman was foreign, not stupid.

She hoped this was enough to reassure the woman that she knew what she was doing. Entering further into the room, she noted that it was sparsely furnished, but clean. She could live with that. Turning back to the woman, she asked: "Would it be possible to get some more linens in long strips, to be used as bandages?" She had her own stock of bandages, but she'd prefer to keep those for emergencies.

She set her pack on the table and started rummaging through it, looking for anything and everything that might be of use for the unfortunate soul whose care she had taken upon herself. Something to soothe the nerves, perhaps. The salve she had used earlier. The wounds in the woman's wrists needed time now, more than being continually prodded. What the woman needed was help for the mind. Simonne needed to talk to her, as quickly as possible, though not for too long yet. She'd need to sleep, to regain some strength. After that they could talk some more.

Youth is a gift of nature, but old age is a work of art
Simonne Miller
Daron Soulstealer
Immortal Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 03:46:35 AM »

Daron didn't much care for the atmosphere in this inn.  Something was going on here that had the hairs on his neck standing on end.  Granted, nothing was normal in this Horde occupied city.  Still.

Daron ate his meal quickly.  The food was bland, but filling.  No one seemed to mind when he let his ferrets out of the leather pouch he carried to feed them.  If they found the food bland, they didn't show it.  Vlad, in particular, seemed to enjoy it.  He even started a small fight with Bart over one piece of meat.  Daron was forced to separate them, getting nipped on the thumb for his troubles.

Once he was finished, he dug in his purse and pulled forth the required san needed for the meal and placed them on the bar.  Drawing his clothes tight about him, he stepped out into the night.

Ulli Targash
The Forlorn
Approved Character

Human, Remusian

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »

Ulli listened with disappointment to the woman, as she ignored Ulli's warning.  Instead, Ulli bowed upon hearing the request for bandages.  She took a few steps backward.  "As you wish."

Turning, the Remusian woman headed downstairs and into the linen room.  There she found an old set of sheets and began tearing them into long strips.  Under normal circumstances, Murthas would be furious to see her doing this, but she hoped in this case he would understand.  Better yet, she hoped that he simply would not catch her doing this at all.

Finished, she gathered all the linen strips in her arms and stepped back into the inns backroom.  Her face went pale when Murthas entered the room and looked hard at her.  For a moment, Ulli's heart stopped beating.  Relieved, she watched as he only cast a disinterested glance in her direction.

Instead, he grabbed a heavy rolling pin and hurried out the rear door to the inn.  Where he was going, Ulli couldn't be sure.  She was simply glad he was gone.

She hurried upstairs and lightly knocked on the door to the healer's room.  She waited with head lowered and bandages held forth.

Roy Tmofl
The Mage of Flaming Light
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 07:31:41 AM »

Leaving enough money on the table to over his expenses Roy looked around considerably displeased with what he saw. There was nothing and no one of apparent use he deemed, in this establishment that might help me to either escape this place or lead me closer to that goal. But, expecting that he probably couldn't find another establishment better than this one with the town as it was, he deigned to spend the night here, and perhaps still look for something interesting, or at least useful. Roy remembered the old woman who had taken the crow who had cut herself upstairs to try and heal her. A sudden thought struck Roy, maybe he was being too picky at a time like this. His original plan had been to side with one he felt had a very good plan of escape already prepared and ensure that escape with his abilities added to that plan. But, for now, maybe he should step up and be that person with the plan. Yes, the more Roy thought about it the better he liked that idea; certainly though before a plan could be made he had to assess his resources. Roy made his way up the stairs sorry for the loss of his staff as he made the journey up them, but to trapped in thought to give that notion much concern. He was in time to hear the old woman say something like "But I thank you for your warning, and I will be very careful."

Roy raised an eyebrow at this, perhaps that was merely a warning to not go down the street at night but this woman was too old to be so unwise as that. No, maybe, just maybe she said something about a desire to escape, and someone had decided to want her against that, and this was her response. Roy knew that such a connection was a long shot but at the moment he was willing to invest a little time and effort in to exploring this further. She was a healer, and that was an invaluable profession to have at your side when you attempted something dangerous. The greatest escape plan in the world meant nothing if a small cut you didn't even pay attention to got infected, and you died slowly very soon afterwords from that. A healer could prevent these little mistakes from becoming huge catastrophes, and could turn large problems in to smaller ones. Yes, he would do well to have her on his side.

Roy made his way in to the room quietly and respectfully making sure not to startle or disturb anyone, very aware of his tedious and precise healer's had to be in their actions, he didn't want to disrupt her concentration if she was doing something very important, and possibly ruin his chances of ever getting on her good side. Roy smiled as best he could at the people in the room and while he knew that she would probably not want him to be here right now, for the sake of her patient. He felt this an opportune moment to establish a connection with her. For as much as Roy had left behind where magic was concerned, he still kept with him in his many pouches a veritable store of herbs and plants that could be used in healing. Roy leaned in close so he could quietly ask the old woman his question.

"Pardon me my lady, but I was not sure if in these desperate times you were well enough equipped to handle a wound like this. It is not your skill that I doubt, merely just your stores. As I would anyone trapped inside a place like this. If you are then it would be my pleasure to offer you what i can. I don't have a large quantity of anything too special, but I do have enough to treat a fair share of harmful aliments, and if you hold a great skill I'm sure that in your hands these herbs of mine could treat an even greater number than I suppose."

As Roy spoke he made sure to pull out what pouches held these plants and offer them to the woman to look through at her pleasure. Nothing he had said to her was untrue, and Roy was sure that there was something in his possession that she would or could be glad to make use of on this woman. As his store was indeed quite versatile if not great in quantity. Roy kept his smile all the while he spoke, and it even grew genuine as he pulled out his store of plants. These plants, and picking herbs in general they always reminded him of when he was just learning about these things with his master. As such he always thoroughly enjoyed the discussion of herbs and the practice of them. Regardless of with whom, sentiment he would tell himself. Something that he couldn't control and normally because of this he would try to avoid it. But here it seemed he just couldn't help himself, and he decided that he would give himself this one thing at the very least which he would be attached too.

Stupidity is also a gift from God, but one musn't misuse it.

Pope John Paul II

Magic and personal information.
History and equipment.
Daron Soulstealer
Immortal Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »

Daron took care not to be seen by Horde guards.  The questions they accosted him with were never comfortable, and he would just as soon not be bothered this night.  He still had a bit of coin, again something he would be sure to lose if met by Horde, so he would look for accommodations.  Someplace that did not make the hair on the back of his neck stand up.

Ahead, he could make out the silhouettes of two orcs coming toward him, back-lit by oil lamps along the street.  These were exactly the Horde types he wished to avoid.  Stopping, he glanced about for a place to hide.  When he spotted refuge, he stepped into an alleyway.

Hiding behind some wooden crates, he watched the orcs pass the mouth of the alley, speaking to each other in low guttural voices.  Of course, Daron could not understand the language, but he imagined them telling off colour jokes and boasting about how many humans each had killed.  They seemed the type.

When they were gone, Daron thought he heard a soft noise behind him.  He turned his head, and in the last moment of consciousness afforded him, he could have sworn he saw a rolling pin.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:04:14 AM by Daron Soulstealer » Logged

Shira
Macanti
Approved Character

Human, Shendar

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »

Shira was late for work. She was late, she was late, and she wouldn't allow any other thought in her head. She pulled her muddy-brown shawl around her with one arm and clutched at the Nehtor medallion hanging from her neck with the other. Horde soldiers had told her to go to the Damorchan. She told them that she could not, that it was soon to be her shift at the Dusty Dwarf Inn and Mr. Murthas would be upset if she wasn't on time. But they said again go to the Damorchan and so she had gone as she was told. What happened there she would not say nor think. Hanging bodies. No. She was late. Just late.

She moved at such a trudgish pace for someone that was late, however. She couldn't go faster. There were two Horde soldiers in front of her, and it would be not proper nor safe to pass them. They had the right of way, sure as it was, they were the guests of the city, and she gave them all the space they needed. She would have to pay a toll or a tip if she passed, and she had nought any money on her. It would be disrespectful it would, and disrespect was not taken kindly at all.

She should have left the city. She could have gone back south, back home. There was no Horde there, no war or dragons. Gods, the dragons. She had never thought to see such terrible creatures ever in her life, and now that she had she never wished to see one again. It was like the Dragonstorm it was, that story that she knew now was more than just a story. Voldar was gone and the dragons had rained fire on the Curonesta. Would Foiros leave soon, like He did before? Would there be a year of darkness and cold? Shira prayed not. So many would die. So many more would die. Dark times were these, but they could be darker. That was what she had to think. The city was still here, people still had their lives, everything was fine. As long as you followed the law and did nothing untoward everything would be fine.

Thunk!

Shira stopped, and looked to the alleyway to her side. What had been that sound? No. Nevermind. It didn't matter. She was late. Whatever it was, it was not her business.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:07:18 PM by Shira » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Today at 04:17:41 AM]

by Shira
[March 09, 2015, 09:05:32 PM]

by Drea
[March 08, 2015, 07:07:04 PM]

[March 08, 2015, 03:11:06 PM]

[March 08, 2015, 10:16:24 AM]