Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Merchant's Village  (Read 434 times)
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Story Mod

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 11:07:57 AM »

"Thank you very much. Your own clothing is very nice as well."

Twén did a quick turn, showing off her Cyhalloi Snow blouse and Uderza blue skirt, and then turned again as if wasn't fair to give them only the one look. "How nice of you to say! One of the benefits of being a seamstress. It's easy to make yourself look good," she said without a hint of modesty. "Now why am I blessed with your visit today?" Ryldor handed over the package and she gave the fabric a quick examination. She gave an approving nod and said, "It's wonderful."

Ryldor waited until Miés'áel returned to start to describe what he envisioned, but it wasn't long before Twén cut him off with a jubilant "Wait!" She went back to her desk and pulled out a sheet of parchment, as well as a bundle of colored sticks. She cleared off a section of table to face them and started to draw. Effortlessly, her hands danced across the page, stopping only to occasionally take in Miés'áel's form and figure.

After a couple of minutes, she pulled Ryldor over and showed him the sketch, his jaw dropping as soon as he saw her work. It was a strapless gold sheath dress with a red ribbon sash, just as he'd imagined. "YES! THAT'S IT!" He wasn't sure how she had done it, since he hasn't finished his description, but it was a near flawless representation of what he'd thought up back in Kareesh's shop. Twén beamed with pride at his words and then, without showing it to Miés'áel, took the picture and fabric to the back of the shop, shouting over her shoulder, "You're going to adore this," without making it clear to which elf she was speaking.

Ryldor hadn't had too many dealings with Twén but he recognized that she wouldn't pay them anymore mind. He was sure she would keep her head down sewing for a good long while. "Unless someone else came in with a more interesting job." Then he knew she'd forget all about his project. But she did excellent work, so he ignored he generally poor attitude. He still didn't know how Twén had known what to draw, but he was thrilled that she did and the smile on his face as he walked back to Miés'áel showed it. "I can not wait." He took her hand in his and said, "What would you like to do now?"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:08:30 AM by Ryldor Gadriel » Logged

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Miés'áel Cór'yráná
Inspiration Seeker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 10:14:15 PM »

Twén seemed to have a natural instinct as to what people wanted. Ryldor had scarcely started to describe the dress he had invisioned when Twén interrupted him and drew exactly what he had described to Miés'áel back in Kareesh's. Miés'áel gave a nod of approval and a small bow before the elfess rushed off to work on it.

"I can not wait. What would you like to do now?"

Miés'áel had to smile at Ryldor's smile. He seemed to be enjoying this. Fanciful clothing was never her thing, but if he was happy, than she could be happy about it as well. When he took her hand, she felt the now familiar warm sensation climb up her arm. It just felt...comfortable...to have him so close.

"Well...I'm sure there's more of the city to see. You are, after all, my guide," she said after a moment's thought. She smiled at him as she gently squeezed his hand. "So, my dear guide, where shall you lead me next?"

"The desire to write grows with writing"
~Desiderius Erasmus~
~*~Miés'áel Córyrana~*~
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Story Mod

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 08:08:04 PM »

"Hmmm." Ryldor pondered for a second as they exited the shop leaving Twén to her work. "I suppose our next stop north is the Shrine to Queprur. Unless you wanted to see Town Hall." He pointed to a large wooden structure across the plaza. It was unremarkable except for its size and signage. At three stories, it was a floor taller than any other building in Nyermersys. The letters in the sign were carved out a timber of dark wood, and spaced too close together giving the impression that "TOWNHALL" was all one word.

A pleasant aroma wafted through the air. "Cookies!" Certainly not still hot from the oven, but freshly made. He spotted 'Kit' and her table of wares, deftly tossing her a coin as he picked up a bag. He nodded his appreciation, and tilted the bag towards Miés'áel. "Kao doch cookie?" At that moment, the shrine came into view.

Note: Miés'áel, please describe the shrine.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:45:35 PM by Ryldor Gadriel » Logged

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Miés'áel Cór'yráná
Inspiration Seeker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 03:11:06 PM »

Miés'áel simply shrugged at the suggestion of seeing Town Hall. Unless she was doing research on that specific nature, politics never really intrigued her. Before she could say anything though, Ryldor exclaimed, "Cookies!" and dragged both of them over to a stand where a woman had several bags of what Miés'áel assumed to be cookies, as there appeared to be samples. Barely catching it, she noted Ryldor toss a coin to the woman at the booth and grab a bag.

Miés'áel couldn't help but smile and let out a small laugh. She thought it, and it was almost hard for her to admit this to herself, but thought it was cute to see him get like this. The elfess nodded a silent thanks as she grabbed a cookie from the bag. She barely had time to register the taste before she was distracted by the view of the Shrine.

It wasn't the tallest building around, only one story tall, but it certainly was the most impressive. Made out of some sort of black stone, the walls seemed to take in all the light the sun gave. The people passing by seemed to pay little to no attention to it, but Miés'áel couldn't keep her eyes off it. Her cookie was left forgotten in her hand and she stepped so close to Ryldor that their bodies were now in a constant state of touching. The things that took her breath away, however, were the statues.

The forms of black demons with white marble details stuck out from the walls, all of them in grotesque positions. She couldn't remember why demons would be on a shrine like this, perhaps having to do with evil spirits or something like that, but she couldn't say for sure. All she knew was the sculptures were so life-like it caused her skin to crawl.

Once inside the large open gates, the sights were more palatable. Instead of going into a building, as Miés'áel had suspected it would, they were lead into an open courtyard. A low building was on the opposite side of the courtyard, but the doors were closed and the author thought she saw a couple of guards protecting the entrance. Scattered throughout the courtyard were statues of Queprur. Each one was different from the one next to it. In some, the goddess was holding a scythe; in others, rats made an appearance. But every one showed her with a cold, but beautiful face. Offerings of food, incense, flowers, and even coins could be spotted at the base of the statues.

Small groups of people were gathered around some of the statues. Priests dressed in their black and white priestly robes quietly walked among the people, sometimes stopping to speak or give blessings to those who seemed in need. Miés'áel watched in reverent silence, trying to carefully watch both the priests and the people, but at the same time trying to not intrude upon their private moments. A silent prayer passed her lips as she could see many of the people were in pain.

"The desire to write grows with writing"
~Desiderius Erasmus~
~*~Miés'áel Córyrana~*~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Today at 04:17:41 AM]

by Shira
[March 09, 2015, 09:05:32 PM]

by Drea
[March 08, 2015, 07:07:04 PM]