Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Info You Want To Read  (Read 2773 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« on: January 06, 2004, 12:29:22 AM »

THE JOURNEY
a.k.a. O.N.N.Y.A. ( "Oh No Not You Again!" )

The last thing Luca ever expected while ambling down a street in Marcogg and doing some leisurely "shopping" was to bump into some old "friends" out to settle a score with her.

The last thing Kiushapo had on his mind while lounging on the postcard perfect beach of Nepris was having to face a maniacal stalker that would pursue him over half the continent of Sarvonia ... although he doesn't know that yet.

What do you do in both situations? You run. Or try to anyway. But not before you make sure you have a whole entourage of "useful people" coming along with you. After all, what's the fun in escaping for your life alone? Who are you going to point fingers at when the time comes? More importantly, who's going to provide quality entertainment along the way?

Their journey will take them across South Sarvonia, heading towards Ximax in search of a rumoured magical navigational device or premonitional orb ... depending on which rumour you listen to. There will be many stops along the way, meeting/running away from/dragging along/wreaking-havoc-on-ing many interesting people; and once both finds out that the other side is after the same object of desire, it becomes a race of wit and time ...

There are two parties with intertwining plot lines in this story:

Party A:
Luca the Thief
Aryia`en Evasha
Ryldor Gadriel

Mavrus
Fishhook

Party B:
Kiushapo Avi Stetto
Khiera Meneris
Kishara Laurenan

Bahran

Party A starts out in the city of Marcogg, while Party B starts out in the fishing village of Nepris.

A rough route of the whole journey, with the eventual destination being Milkengrad harbour after stopping by in Ximax is as follows:

Marcogg/Nepris >>> Chrondra >>> Vale of Brownies/Hog/New Santhala >>> Steppe of Kruswik >>> Ximax >>> Aurora Fields >>> Milkengrad

Anything in between or along the way of these locations can be stops for the parties too.

Despite from the look of things, this game is not intended as uhm ... RP comedy ;)         Humour figures alot in the game, but there are (planned) lots of action and the usual thingamajigs that go into a great RP game.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Edited by: Khiera at: 3/8/04 18:51
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 10:15:22 AM »

JOINING

For those of you who are interested in this story/game, this joining post will be regularly updated to reflect this story's status regarding characters that we will be looking out for from time to time :)          

Updated: Mar. 2nd 2004

Current characters waiting: Lucirina_Songbird & Willy Weatherman

If you have a character that you think would complement the current characters in the game and would lend a unique flavour to the game/story, then please talk to myself (Khiera ... in case you don't know), Luca or Kiushapo to see how your character can be weaved into the story.

At the moment all the spots for the permanent travelling party has been filled up: 6 core characters and two others in each party. Any other character that joins in from this point on will be considered "guest characters". Any player who joins in can join in for a particular leg of the journey and then leave, or if they fit really well into the overall plot and complement the other characters well, they will eventually become part of the core characters or permanent travelling parties as well.

As the progression pace of both plots are hardly predictable, what with Players having RL lives and commitments, of course, any new players wishing to join are requested to be patient and wait for the most appropriate moment to join in the game. This is to make sure that the plot is not overwhelmed by the players without being fully developed and expanded for the current players. We will consider ALL players who request to join, and suitable players will be added to our waiting list (if there's one outstanding at the time of joining).

If there are a minimum of 3 players waiting to join on the waiting list, there is the possibility of creating a mini-plot specially for the waiting players so that they can RP within the ONNYA context during their wait of being integrated into the main plot/party. For more information on this option, please scroll down and see the last and most recent post in this thread :)

Preference (importance according to order) will be given to players who:

1. Have a unique character with a unique background/history that they would like to play out. In this case, since the core characters already consist of at least two good warrior/fighter type characters and thief-type characters, it would make sense not to fit anymore characters of the same kind into the plot line, unless there is an absolutely fantastic reason to do so which would contribute greatly to the game and plot.

2. Have a good/unique posting style. This part is a little subjective ... Take a look at the current posts and the current players' posting styles to get a feel of the mood of the story and plot ;)            

3. Actively weave and contribute to the story of the plot, and not merely leave all the planning and initiative to the Mods.

3. Have a good posting record. Good posting record means you have participated in other games/stories on this board and don't mysteriously disappear, and are reliable in posting.

If you haven't participated in any of the stories/games here, but have a fantastic character and a wonderful posting style, then #4 is less important than #2 or #3 ;)            

To request to join, just post in the current active OOC thread ... everyone desiring a great RP in mind welcomed :D              

Questions? Requests? Suggestions? Post in the current active OOC thread and let us know! :)              

Edited by: Khiera at: 3/2/04 14:20
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 01:08:22 AM »

"Guest" Characters

What does the term "Guest Character" exactly means? It's been used over and over again in the various information posts, that i thought i would write up a post to clarify.

This story is designed to standalone with its existing plot threads of the two existing parties and 6 core characters. However, to make the story more interesting, we are always on the lookout for characters who would be interested in joining in the plot threads at any point and interact with the main characters as well as perhaps play a little part in the plot(s).

Any character besides the 6 core characters who join in at any point after the story has started will be regarded as Guest Characters. Guest Characters interact with the Core Characters and play a part in the plot for the duration of the time that they are in the story, but they are not made part of the plot unless they show themselves to post reliably, and play their character well in relation to the overall plot and all the other characters in the game. When a Guest Character becomes part of the core characters (in either party), then they are weaved into the main plot and become part of the permanent members :)

The purpose of such a setup is to ensure that the story does not "die" or "lag" because everyone is waiting for a particular player to post who may have disappeared mysteriously. Hence, Guest Characters are designed to be able to join in and out flexibly without affecting the main plot line.

If you are interested in joining, read the joining post above :)

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 03:31:22 AM »

The "Modding" System

For those of you who would like to contribute to the plot development or have any special requests for your character in the story, here's a brief outline of how the modding system works in this story, so you know which mod to speak to regarding which aspect etc :)      

In this story there is an overarching plot spanning two separate but connected plot threads. In general, Luca mods the plot line A, while Bahran mods plot line B. However, we all pitch in and throughout the story with no real rigid lines drawn.

"Modding posts" usually take the form of posts that have content necessary to insert required plot events or NPCs in order to maintain both plot's connection and integrate both plot lines together, especially during chapters when both parties meet up.

Ideas and requests that will affect or potentially affect the overarching plot should be approved by myself first, so that the continuity and relation between the two plot threads can be retained. All other ideas/requests not falling into the aforementioned category can be discussed individually with the respective Mod of your particular plot thread, since they have pretty much free rein for their own plot thread as long as it does not jeopardize or affect the overarching plot of the whole story.

We are always open to ideas and suggestions, and both Luca and Bahran are very experienced RPers with great personalities to boot ;)    Of course, feel free to email me anytime or scout me out on IRC as well. Anyone of us would be more than happy to chat with you about potential plot turns, interesting ideas, special requests etc :)    

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 7/20/05 2:42
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 11:38:22 PM »

Sub-Plots

Due to the fact that there's quite a number of people waiting to be integrated into the main plot and the Journey itself, we (the Mods) have discussed and decided that it's quite uhm ... "tedious" to be on some waiting list to post in a game and not knowing when that will be, so:

We've decided that we'll allow Sub-Plot threads to be started parrallel to the ongoing main plot. This will allow players who are waiting and still interested to actively participate in said sub-plot that is relevant to ONNYA, and start posting right away amongst themselves :)    

Please read the following important information regarding participation in a sub-plot of ONNYA:

1. ONNYA is not a DM-runned game. This means that there is no omnipresent Mod planning and directing every step of the way in the story. Players participating in the sub-plot will be required to fuel the story with their own creativity and iniative. There will be no "hand-holding" of the mods every step of the way. Players in a sub-plot will be provided with a basic plotline relevant to the main plot and general direction/objective of the plot. From that point on, players will be expected to "fill in the blanks" through discussion and collabarative writing/RPing amongst themselves to adhere to the direction or fulfill a particular objective of the subplot.

2. Players participating in the subplot will be considered as Guest Characters until and if and when they are integrated into the main cast. If you are not familiar with the concept of Guest Characters in this story, please scroll up to one of the earlier posts in this thread and read about it. Please be aware that there is no guarantee that every participating player in the subplot will eventually be added to the main cast. The decision rests ultimately on the mods' discretion in due consideration for the story's and main plot's requirements and needs. We want to be nice and say YES to everyone, but we can't and have to put the needs of the story first. Please understand :)  

3. Players involved in a sub-plot will be allowed to "run" the thread themselves, along with supervision and minimal direction by the mods -- this means that we'll just pop in to make the occasional posts for important NPCs, and to advance the basic plot. It's up to the players involved to determine what's happening, why, who's posting and when, in accordance to the basic plot and direction/objective provided. Please feel free to use the OOC here as a forum to discuss and get together with other players participating in the sub-plot :)    

4. The usual courtesies and rules-of-thumbs of good RPing apply. Things like not arbitrarily controlling other PCs or NPCs, posting regularly every 1-2 days should be observed to ensure an enjoyable experience for yourself and your fellow RPers :)

This is not a must kind of thingie. This is an option open to all players who are currently waiting and still interested :)      It's also a good opportunity to show us your posting style and skill so we'll have a better idea of how to make your character shine when/if he/she eventually joins into the main plot :)    

Any questions, suggestions or requests, feel free post in the OOC forum and usual, or alternatively, contact one of us Mods (Myself, Luca and Bahran) via email or IRC :)    

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 7/20/05 16:34
yuridragonmasta
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 10:37:22 PM »

excuse me miss,please might i join this clan of yours

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 02:24:22 AM »

You have to have an approved character before you can join a story. Look here to learn how to create a character and look here to get an idea of how the finished product will look. Once you have finished your character, post it in the Character Descriptions forum.

@Khiera: You might want to consider closing threads such as these in your stories.  

Erian Melor~The spark of life rests upon the edge of a knife.
~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]