Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter One: "The Old Wizard"  (Read 19347 times)
Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 07:13:22 AM »

An old man walked into the The Old Wizard,and found himself a seat at a table in the crowed room.He then produced several stones,a metal plate,and a piece of flint.With this,he set the stones on the plate and began to light them on fire.They gave off a sweet aroma which relaxed the man.He had been walking for quite some time now,and was glad he could stop,and have a drink.

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Slye Yunkia
Traveler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 01:59:22 PM »

Slye Listened to Chronusian’s story with interest….and couldn’t help the pang of jealousy that went
through her body….There was a point in time when she would have died for her father…..a time when His approval meant the world and she Meant The world to Him……

That all changed the moment he got married to a women only 5 years older than she…A Women who took her father away ….She had gotten used to ignoring the pain of abandonment  and loneliness she felt.. so it took only a moment for the Jealous feeling to be set aside

Her attention being brought back…She looked up at the Big Hulky Man that demanded a blue stone from Chronusian….…She thanked the Goddess Eyasha that the Stupid  Man was contempt with what Chronusian handed him and left the the Tavern....

“Hieronimus has a point Chronusian ....Tonight really isn’t the best time to Leave ...Specially when you don’t even have your traveling necessities in order....Like The Best roads to take this time of year....Or Even a traveling party, your father did say not to travel alone....” Slye looked up at Chron “Your best bet would be to leave in the morning...”

The Barmaid came by with Everyone’s Drinks...She placed a colorful cocktail in Front of her and Hieronimus and a fruity smelling Juice in front of Zdoth ...She stalled drinking the Liquid and making a fool of herself                                

....a Fragrant smell hit her nose......She looked around for the location of the aroma and noticed an Older man with a strange hat.... burning...what looked to be Stones....She had never seen anything like that before...She realized she wasn’t the only one looking at the man...Several of the Inns patrons were Staring as well...

Slyes interest were more on the Rocks than the Man himself...What was that Smell....and where ever did he get something like that....She made a mental note to ask the gentleman Before he Left for the Evening.....She turned her attention back to her immediate Company...Purposely ignoring the drink that sat under her nose                                                                                     
“So what are you going to do Chronusian....You Still going to Travel this Night” She asked her eyebrow rising

Edited by: Slye Yunkia at: 3/28/04 5:36
Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2004, 08:01:22 AM »

Zdoth listened to Chronusian’s tale intently, biting back on memories of his own father, memories of pain, sorrow and dishonor.  He was brought back to his senses by a hulking figure that had some interest in Chronusian.  Zdoth, with one hand on an arrow, slowly moved his other to his bow; no one seemed to notice this.  He let out a small sigh of relief when Chronusian handed him something, and the ogre man left, he let go of the arrow.  

“Hieronimus has a point Chronusian ....Tonight really isn’t the best time to Leave ...Specially when you don’t even have your traveling necessities in order....Like The Best roads to take this time of year....Or Even a traveling party, your father did say not to travel alone....Your best bet would be to leave in the morning...”

Zdoth, who came from a nomadic heritage, saw no reason to plan for a trip, though he did agree on the traveling party, “One should never travel alone,” Zdoth thought out loud, “Especially when you have people like that after you.  Nor is it wise to leave in the dead of night, it will draw attention to you.  If you will wait until morning, I will gladly accompany you to this Horth city.”

Enough said, Zdoth turned to Hieronimus, just when the barmaid arrived with his juice.  He slowly drank it, letting the tart liquid flow over his tongue.  He set his half-full glass down.

“I wouldn't know if that fruit grew any where else, it is very abundant in Naezshan Zhunith.  Most of our hunters use it when trailing a wounded animal.  It gives you strength, and stops hunger, thirst, even the need to sleep.” Zdoth said, matter-of-factly, he liked this old man, he reminded him of an elder medicine man from his old clan.

With everything said, he waited for a reaction from both Hieronimus and Chronusian, while enjoying a sweet aroma that had drifted to Zdoth from a man burning stones.  My eyes are playing tricks on me burning stones, he chuckled to himself.  

Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2004, 03:03:22 PM »

Chronus was almost embarrassed. He had just been told three times, that he had made a hasty decision, and must reconsider. He realized just how unprepared he is for this trip. He had never traveled anywhere in his life without safety of a caravan, and then never without his father. He had no Idea what the roads may look like, how to tell the whether, what berries not to eat etc. He was an indoor guy, a bookworm trying to chew through the cover. If he was going to make it to Horth, he needed these people’s help.

“Well”
, he said finally. You all are right, leaving tonight is a bad idea. But leaving in the morning will call for a lot of preparation, especially on my part. If you don’t mind Hier, I would like to share rooms with you for tonight. As for you two, well, thank you. I haven’t been in a situation when I’ve had to travel without father before. I got a little lonely. And by the way Hier, I gave him that sapphire because I wanted to avoid a fight. It’s not what he wanted, but he wasn’t too bright. This may cause problems later or not, but now I need to worry about getting out of here.  What the heck though, don’t want to go to bed early, draw too much attention. How bout you all tell me about yourselves? I mean, were going to be traveling right?”Chronus smiled, and sat back down. ”Whatever that smell is, it’s very relaxing.

Woe, woe, my raptured soul is crying.
While the formal me is living the romantic me is dying.

Edited by: Chronusian at: 3/26/04 5:43
Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 11:38:22 PM »

“ Ok, then, that is a good decision. We will deal with your opponent later - I don‘t think he will back soon. I will rent a room for us all! If you don‘t mind sharing a room with three men, Lady Slye? “

Hiero knows, that Slye doesn‘t think of herself as a lady, but he loves to see a lady in a woman so nice and self-confident. Only thing what disturbs him a bit, that he HAS to look up to her, but he is sure he will be accustomed to this soon.
Not waiting for an answer, he goes to the counter and asks for a room in the first floor, with a window to the backyard, for somebody to look after his horse - and four meals. Soon he is back with a key.

“Done - and I ordered a meal for us all as well. Who knows, when we will get a decent hot meal again. Be my guests today - as long as my supplies are fresh. “

He sits down again, taking the fruit he got from Zdoth and says:

“That‘s a good idea, to get to know each other a bit before going on a journey together. We know what drives you, Chronus and I‘m curios about where you hail from, Slye, but  Zdoth, it seems the place you saw your first ray of light is farer  away than ours. I know the whole of Santharia like my pocket and visited  the Rahaz-Dath and saw the peaks of the Tandala Mountains, but I have never seen such a fruit before, nor have I heard of lands called Naezshan Zhunith. I guess you are from Nybelmar? How comes it, that you are so far from your home? Or do want to start first, Slye?“

Hieronimus sits back in anticipation of interesting things to hear. He is not concerned about the men which want this blue stone from Chronus. As long as they are in a well filled tavern. And he has already an idea, how to get Chronus out of the town without being noticed by his enemies.

The scent coming from a nearby table disturbs him a bit. He wonders, which kind of burning stones this man has. He doesn‘t know of any which emit a scent, and why has he used a flint stone, if they are burning with a simple hit of an ordinary knife? But quickly his attention goes back to his group.

He likes sitting at the table with these young, nice  people. He never had children of his own, but he liked to imagine, that these three could be his - though they were a bit too young - well, maybe his grandchildren. He smiled at all three, especially at Slye who has something which reminds him of Almara, the elven Baveras‘ Aid, which he had loved long ago. With attentive eyes he looks at the three, feeling the growing bond between them.  

H.Kupfdrubus

Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2004, 08:32:22 AM »

How comes it, that you are so far from your home?

Those words stunned Zdoth for a moment.  He had never though about being away, it had been so long.  He remembered the events that took place as clear as that stone on Chronus’ staff.  

“Naezshan Zhunith is a large desert in the western part of Nybelmar.  I am an exile.  I have no where else to go, nothing to do, so I want to explore this world.”  Zdoth said quietly, his head lowered.  He silently hoped that would end the question, not wising to delve into this memory any further.  

“I arrived in this glorious city yesterday; I was hired as a scout for a merchant ship.  I have worked my way around as a tracker, a scout and a messenger amongst other things.  I was hoping to find a traveler in need of a tracker or a scout.”  Zdoth said as an attempt to change the subject from why he left his homeland to why he was here.  

He turned to Slye and waited for her response to Hieronimus’ strange question.  

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2004, 09:20:22 AM »

It is obvious to Hiero, that Zdoth doesn‘t like to think back. So he puts an hand on the shoulder of the young man who travelled so far  - to flee his past? And with a warm voice he says to him:

“ No need to tell us more than you want to. It is not necessary to know one‘s history to see, what kind of man he is. And I like what I see. So maybe we two are a good team - I know the lands, you know how to read the signs which are hidden from my eyes.“
Leaning back in his chair and taking a careful sip of his Ximaxian Rainbow, he looks expectantly at Slye.

H.Kupfdrubus

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2004, 12:07:22 PM »

§hændru soon realized that many of the bar's patrons were staring at him and he quickly extinguished the flames,which ceased the aroma.He walked over to a table that composed of and old man,a bald man,a young woman,and a man who looked quite embarresed.
"Greetin's.My name be §hændru,what be yar's?"

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Slye Yunkia
Traveler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2004, 12:54:22 PM »

. I know the whole of Santharia like my pocket and visited the Rahaz-Dath and saw the peaks of the Tandala Mountains, but I have never seen such a fruit before, nor have I heard of lands called Naezshan Zhunith. I guess you are from Nybelmar? How comes it, that you are so far from your home? Or do want to start first, Slye?“ Hieronimus said

Slye just nodded no... sat back and  listened to what Zdoth said about his Life....Nodding and smiling on occasion....It amazed her....that so many wanted to explore the land that they lived....

She smiled slightly as everyone’s attention turned towards her......

“Well Im From Voldar originally....I grew up there with my Father....So you can see why I lack the feminine Structures as most Women.....Well.... No thats not true....  I Had a very Persistent Aunt...Who for some Strange reason Like'd to see me in  Dresses....No Matter how much I Resisted...Something about, that’s what Young Girls should wear....” She Cupped her drink in her hands but still refused to bring it to her lips “ Luckily For me my father wanted to see his Daughter Learn Useful things like Politics and Swordplay and not what I Could bring to a marriage” She said with a smirk

“Of Course” She said Sighing  “All Good things must come to an End....And Circumstances Forced me to leave......But, these Past 5 years have been amazing....  I’ve traveled all around this Continent....Just exploring the Lands,  meeting new people and finding odd jobs now and then..... only chance has brought me to Xaramon and this exciting city.....” She brought the Drink up to her Mouth and took a big swig....

Ending in a Coughing attack.... “WOW.....Thats Uh.....An Interesting Drink......” She said Swallowing her eyes watering ....

Slye looked up at the Man who had just walked up to their table...She realized that he was the one who was burning the rocks just a moment ago...and Coughed one more time...thankful for the Interruption...

“Greetings Shaendru....Im Slye..This is Chronusian...Thats Hieronimus....And thats Zdoth...”She said introducing her Party...She didn’t want to take the incitive and invite him to the table...For it wasn’t her table But Hieronimus and so just smiled at the man after her introductions....  

Edited by: Slye Yunkia at: 3/28/04 5:35
Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2004, 02:22:22 PM »

“I know the whole of Santharia like my pocket and visited the Rahaz-Dath and saw the peaks of the Tandala Mountains, but I have never seen such a fruit before, nor have I heard of lands called Naezshan Zhunith. I guess you are from Nybelmar? How comes it, that you are so far from your home? Or do want to start first, Slye?”

Chronus was relieved that Hieronimus hadn’t addressed him. He trusted these people, yet he didn’t feel like talking much. He listened intently to Zdoth’s short description of his home. Chronus didn’t know much about Nybelmar, and what he did was derived from myth and legend. He noticed though, that Zdoth didn’t really feel comfortable talking about his past, because he quickly changed the subject. Apparently, Hieronimus noticed it as well, for he acknowledged it, and turned to Slye.

Chronus had be to Voldar,  from which Slye hails, once when  he was younger. His father bought him, and he stayed over a friend’s house for a while.

His name was Dim… Dimi… I don’t remember his name. But he was really nice; my dad said he was the one paid for the opening of our shop. I’d like to see him again someday.

He was intrigued by her story, and fixed his lips to ask her what those “circumstances” were, someone interrupted.

Slye’s response was quick, but sounded a little unsure. Chronus wondered whether to welcome him to the table or not. He hoped the guy hadn’t eavesdropped.

“Umm… Well met Shaendru”, he said awkwardly. He turned to Hieronimus and glared at him with his eyebrows raised.  After all, this was his table, and it was up to him whether he can join them or not.

Woe, woe, my raptured soul is crying.
While the formal me is living the romantic me is dying.

Edited by: Chronusian at: 4/2/04 15:33
Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2004, 06:53:22 AM »

But §hændru didnt wait for a response as to wether he could sit down or not,and pulled up a chair and sat at the table.He started to fondle a topaz necklace that was glistening against his coat,and he said"Well now,this seems to be a strange group o' people.What brings ye together,eh?"

Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2004, 07:57:22 AM »

“No need to tell us more than you want to.  It is not necessary to know one‘s history to see, what kind of man he is.  And I like what I see.  So maybe we two are a good team - I know the lands, you know how to read the signs which are hidden from my eyes.”

Zdoth was relieved to hear this.  He relaxed, and listened as Slye told her story.  He was intrigued to hear that they both had similar pasts…that is, each had something they wished to forget, Zdoth though about this for a bit, when suddenly the man who had been burning rocks introduced himself.  

"Greetin's.  My name be §hændru, what be yar's?" the man said to them.

“Greetings Shaendru....I’m Slye..This is Chronusian...Thats Hieronimus....And thats Zdoth...”  Zdoth nodded at the mention of his name.  

The man sat down, and said, "Well now, this seems to be a strange group o' people.  What brings ye together, eh?"

Zdoth remained quiet and looked around the table.  An old man, a young mage, a tall woman, and a bald foreigner.  He just now noticed the clothing they each wore.  From his own robe made of plant fiber, to the robes of Chronusian.  He thought to him self, we are an odd bunch.

He took one last swing from his juice, finishing off the glass, and then turned towards Shaendru.  

“This good man here,” Zdoth said, motioning toward Hieronimus, “offered to buy us all drinks.  What brings you to his table?”

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2004, 07:09:22 AM »

Hieronimus looks with disbelief at the man who sat down at their table without asking or being invited. Unfortunately Slye has told him all their names already and Zdoth that he invited them for a drink - this young people are so careless! Just half an hour ago Chronus had to give a jewel to an bully of man to evade an affront, and all know, that there are dangers around, and then they give away information so easily! What does this man want? He had a seat already, what is his purpose of joining them? Should he be in contact with the man who wants the blue stone of Chronus? His behaviour is suspicious! With raised eyebrows Hiero answers:

“Strange group? I don‘t know what you mean by this. A polite group, I would say, all were invited to this table or asked, if they could sit down. Strange world, where the young people know how to behave, and the older ones have difficulties with it?

Well, and to your question, I think it is none of your business, why we are sitting at  one table. Perhaps it was just pure chance. Why are you interested in it?“

H.Kupfdrubus

Edited by: Hieronimus Kupfdrubus at: 3/26/04 23:21
Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2004, 08:18:22 AM »

The old man arched his eyebrows,and then said
"Well,I never ment to be intruding on anyone's conversation.I am not at all in aquaintance with the stupid fool who be tryin' ta take young Chronusian's stones,so please don't think that of me.I'm merely a wanderin' bard,lookin' for a good drink once and a while,and if that is all,I will bid you all a good day."
With that,§hændru got up and after paying for his drink,he began to leave the inn.Aye,He be sayin' I'M the rude one....

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2004, 07:35:22 AM »

Hieronimus eyebrows would have raised even higher, if that would have been possible. Has he been wrong about this man? First he intruded their round without politeness, then he acts as if he has been insulted and leaves the table quickly.
Hieronimus looks at the others:

“Have I been to impolite? Hmmm.......
Has he listened to what we were talking about earlier? That can hardly be the case with so much people around and the noise coming with them. He has entered the tavern only after the incidence with the bully of man, so he couldn‘t have noticed it. And you told us your story before he came in....But why then did he know, that some body wants your stones, Chronus - or your stone? That makes him even more ominous. He didn‘t answer the question, what he wanted from them. Strange.Strange.

Hiero scratches his head, not knowing how to solve the puzzle.

H.Kupfdrubus

Edited by: Hieronimus Kupfdrubus at: 3/26/04 23:36
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]