Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter One: "The Old Wizard"  (Read 19348 times)
Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2004, 12:52:22 PM »

"Good day to ye sir"
With this,Shaendru bowed and went into the tavern to look for Chronusian.

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2004, 01:23:22 PM »

After Chronus left Slye to sleep, he slowly strolled to his room, a couple of doors down. H entered, and saw Zdoth sleeping peacefully on the floor… Or was he sleeping? An animal fur was pulled over him so he couldn’t tell.  He went over to the bed, and sat down on the soft pillows. He pulled out his bag and examined the contents. He realized that his bag was completely void of provisions.

What about food? I guess I need to prepare some before I leave… but I can’t cook.

He continued looking through his bag, and pulled out his brown, leather-bound journal. He wrote:

I’m definitely not prepared for this. I haven’t the first clue about land traveling. I do know maps of the area pretty well so I won’t be totally useless… I really doubt magic will help us. I can only cast simple spells, like telekinesis quickly. How will that help? The spells that can actually cause injuries to someone are so weak it’s a joke! I can use them to light fires at the most. I’ll be a burden on these people who decided to help me… That’s really why I tried to skip on them earlier. But at least they are good company…

He lay down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, wide awake.

Edited by: Chronusian at: 4/4/04 5:24
Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2004, 02:42:22 PM »

Zdoth heard Chronus enter the room but didn’t move, he didn’t want to disturb him, and quite frankly he wanted to know why he was digging through his pack.  A little while after he heard him stop, Zdoth asked a question that had been on his mind since he decided to tag along with Chronus.  

“May I ask you something?” with out waiting for a reply he continued, “Please take no insult by this, but you appear to be a scholar.  Do you know anything about travel?  Have you spent a single night out of a bed?  Are you prepared for this journey?  I only ask because I like to know what you are capable of, and you seemed to be in a big hurry to leave when we first met.  I hate surprises.  I know that sometimes looks are deceiving, look at me for instance.  If you wish to ask me the same questions, please don’t hesitate.”

With that said, Zdoth turned over, looked at Chronus, and awaited his response, hoping he wouldn’t get mad.

Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2004, 03:25:22 PM »

Chronus was shocked. Zdoth hit the nail right on the head... and jammed it into Chronus' mind.

"I'm I that green that you knew right off?" Chronus asked with a faltering voice. "I tried to leave because I didn't want to burden you nice people with my problems. I really still don't want to. But I need help. I truly don't know the first thing about traveling like this. Thats probably why my dad said don't travel alone." Chronus moved to the front of he bed and sat on the edge. "And as far as what I can do... wind magic... and I'm darn good at it. The problem is, I cant do much to defend myself. The spell I am best with is the telekineses spell, which I can use to move stuff with my mind. My offensive spells take longer to cast, and can barely do anything because I'm a low level mage. So, to answer your question: No, I'm not prepared for this journey at all. And I'm not really worried about your reason for helping. I take it that you're just a nice guy, and I want to leave it that way. I really appreciate your help though Zdoth." Chronus looked at Zdoth inently for about ten seconds, sighed, fell on his back, and continued staring at the ceiling.

Edited by: Chronusian at: 4/4/04 20:00
Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2004, 05:00:22 PM »

Zdoth chuckled to himself, Chronus had every right to be suspicious of his intentions, and Zdoth thought he deserved a fair answer.  He rolled back onto his back and sighed

“I wish to explore this land.  I have no money, and nowhere near the food to stay in this city for long.  And to be completely honest, I have nothing better to do.” Zdoth smiled, rolled over on his side, and said to Chronus, “I am tired; we should get some rest before tomorrow.”  

With that, Zdoth fell asleep.

Mínsyth Mërénwèn
Guardian
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Ylfferhim

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2004, 05:05:22 PM »

Ximax, a place that he has only heard about loomed before him, daunting yet something seemed to draw him there. The cloaked figure approached the walls cautiously, silver hues scanning as he walked, wary of anything and everything for it was strange territory for him. Idly fingers played on the hilt of his sword, not really there for his use but only if absolutely needed for his protection or another's safety.

As he made his way passed the walls of the famed city, one in which the academy had its origin, a wave of power washed over him. It was not something he could absorb but he could feel the magic eminating from about him. It was something that he hadn't felt this strong since the last day he saw his sister. Painful memories of that day filled his mind, he had been taken from her and whether she was alive now was beyond his knowledge. All he could possibly do is to hope and pray that the man that hunted his family had not found her and eliminated her from his life.

His gaze wandered along the streets, noticing easily in the dark random things and people, students most likely, of the academy. A couple of taverns were open still yet he felt there was no need to have to enter one since he did not desire company and had no need of food or drink. As he approached one, his eyes caught site of something on the edge of the light, a figure, sitting alone on a simple bench with eyes closed. Cautiously he approached the figure, his cloak concealing him from view as he stood. As he stood there, he found that the figure was that of a female and he did his best not to look too daunting because of his height and his wish to remain hidden from the world. He noticed her hand moving her her blade but was unsure if it was him or if it was something else. Some one else was there and talking to her. He was too far away to hear what was being said for his ears were not of the best hearing quality.

While watching her, he then noticed that her eyes were not closed fully and she could most likely see him at where he stood, though he was a fair distance from her. Relief rushed over him as he eliminated the problem of waking her and having to deal with a frightened girl with a sword.

"...Life is a story waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Edited by: Minsyth at: 4/4/04 20:13

Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2004, 03:47:22 PM »

Chronus was tired of staring at the ceiling, and decided to go find Hieronimus. He silently slipped past Zdoth, as not to wake him, and left the room. He walked downstairs and looked around. Thre were only a handfu of people still down there.

There's that Shaendru guy. Wonder what he's doing. He looks lost.

Chronus walked toward the door, and realised something.

We're going to have to make a quick leave tomorrow. I think It'd be best to have breafast sent up. It had better be light.
He walked over to the table, and asked the innkeeper to have 3 light breakfasts sent to room 5, and 1 breakfast to room 3, just before dawn.

Chronus turned around, and walked wearily to towards the door.  

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2004, 10:04:22 PM »

§hændru saw the Chronus lad,and quickly ran to him.
"Aye! Mister Chronus!"
After what seemed like a long time running to him,he finally caught up to him,and began to shake his hand furiously.
"Aye Mister Chronus, so happy to see you! I was walkin' through thee town when I spies this bookstore, so bein' the curious meslef i walked in! And the man thar said he was ye father, and asked if I could help you! Well mister Chronus,What say you? May I help thee, or shalt I be too much a barden?"
With this, he caught his breath and waited for the younger man's response.

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2004, 12:19:22 AM »

As chronus was walking towards the door, Shaendru ran up to him, grabbed his hand, and vigourously shook it. He said that he saw Terranus, who asked Shendru to help Chronus.

"Well, I don't think my dad knows four of us are going. But I'll gladly accept your offer! We are leaving in the morning, at sunrise. Do you have a room here? If not I suggest you wait around with me, until I can get to Mr. Kupfudrubus." Chronus smiled at Shaendru and said "Youre a bard eh? We'll need some inspiration... Welcome aboard sir! Now lets find Hieronimus." With that Chronus began walking toward the door, signaling for Shaendru to come with him.  

Edited by: Chronusian at: 4/9/04 5:15
Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2004, 12:48:22 AM »

As §hændru walks with him, he somewhat puffed his chest as he said
"Ah yes,  I am indeed a bard, a good story-teller if I may say so meself. But that's not all. If ye can tell, I used to be a, shall I say, a seafarin' folk, if ye will, so If we go out to sea I might prove some helpfulness thar. Aye, if me memory serves, Mister Hieronimus is talkin' to a young lassy out thar on a bench. If he isn't anymore, well then I've no idea where he be."

The sailor took out a pipe and lit it as he was walking with the mage in training.

Edited by: Captain Shaendru at: 4/5/04 16:48
Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2004, 07:49:22 AM »

Before the lady on the bench can answer Hieronimus, a man in a grey robe similar to that of Hiero is running down the street, addressing him. Hiero's most times cheerful face darkens.

He hurries back to the tavern to look for Chronus and meets him and §haendru under the door.

„Sorry, Chronus, I can‘t come with you tomorrow morning, I have to look after an old friend. But if you take the road to Horth, I will join you in some days. Grey, my horse will be glad if she is able to run for a while. See you then!“

With that he hurries up the road with the man who had come to fetch him. Big drops are starting to fall out of the sky, which soon evolve in a heavy storm - as Hieronimus has predicted earlier.

Talinsha
New Santharian

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2004, 04:32:22 PM »

Talinsha was about to open her mouth to answer that she could look after herself when the man rushed away with another man. Signing lightly she looked towards the other man who had entered the area.

Looking up at the sky she saw rain starting to fall. Sighing slightly she knew that within minutes her hair would be a mess. Shivering slightly as her clothes began to get wet she quickly pushed all her belongings in to her bad and hoped that the paper had not got wet.

Standing she managed to get a clearer look at the man. It was an elf, nodding she turned and started to walk up the street after the man who had just started speaking to her.  

Forever travelling and writing

Edited by: Talinsha at: 4/6/04 8:37
Slye Yunkia
Traveler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2004, 01:31:22 PM »

Thunder Awoke Slye from her slumber she looked around the room the moon making silhouettes against the walls.....She sighed and sat up rubbing her eyes....The rain was beating against her window getting harder by the Second.....She glanced to the  ground ....at one point she must have knocked her sword there during her slumber.....She tiredly got out of the bed and picked it off the floor walking with her eyes half closed to put it on the table .....

“AH GODS!...” She dropped everything and bent down to grab her toe which she had just stubbed.... “Ouch.....Of course something like this would happen to me...”she said sucking in air....

once she was satisfied that it wasn’t broken or bleeding she stood wincing in pain grabbing her sword in the process....She placed it on the table and limped back over to the bed.....

The thunder was getting louder...and as much it bothered her she had to get some more rest tomorrow’s journey was going to be a long one....She laid down pulling the covers up and closed her eyes....She could still feel her toe throbbing but let the sound of raindrops lure her back into a deep slumber.....

Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2004, 12:53:22 PM »

"Sorry, Chronus, I can‘t come with you tomorrow morning, I have to look after an old friend. But if you take the road to Horth, I will join you in some days. Grey, my horse will be glad if she is able to run for a while. See you then!"

The old man quickly ran off. without waiting for an answer.

"Uhh, OK. Well, I guess we'd better turn in for the night sir. We're in room number five. C'mon"

Chronus walked back up the narrow stair to the rooms. He listened at Slye's door to hear if she was still up, but heard nothing. He finally reached room number five. Assuming that Shaendru was still behind him, he whispered , "Zdoth is asleep. Be very Quiet. Umm... If you don't mind... Can I use the bed? I'm not very accustomed to sleeping on the floor." Chronus didn't wait for an answer. He jumped in the bed and pulled quickly under the sheets, not realizing how tired he was...

Edited by: Chronusian at: 4/9/04 5:07
Talinsha
New Santharian

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2004, 07:54:22 PM »

Following the man for a minute she realised that she had lost him. Turning round she could see the elf still standing there in the rain. Making her way towards him, she felt rather lonely. The rain was falling all around her and the sky was dark.
"Hello Sir" She said to the elf.  

Forever travelling and writing

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]